goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 23 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:59 pm

The POV deaths are rarely ever 'true' deaths. This is why if Stannis dies, he will be dead for good just like Robb and Ned.

Jon is the ultimate son of fire and ice. He is most likely going to the best last remaining character by the end of ADOS.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 23 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Searched on the internet and....Actor who plays Sam has confirmed that Coldhands has been omitted from the show. Well that's that then.

At least he isn't Benjen.

Oh and Dante is definitely right about Bran meeting BloodRaven next ep.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think I am the only person in the world who is dreading LSH. I hated Cat (couldn't stand her stupidity) and hate LSH now. I'm also not particularly a big fan of people coming back to life, feels like a cop-out to me and you'll eventually run into the comic book problem where deaths no longer have the same impact (see Jon snow - which I did not believe for a second as I was reading it).

it can't be you've missed all my rage stuff about Ladeh fooqin Stoneheart right? Laughing

Not only i never liked her in the past , linking her to many tragedies and misfortunes of the Starks , but also of the Riverlands , but after she got back to being an ugly zombie , i hated her being brought back and now that she threatens to kill both Brienne and Jaime , i happen to hate her even more.

It must be the only character i trully despise . Joffrey and Ramsay are somewhat a given , unless you re into weird stuff. lol

RG , Coldhands could be nothing at all and that's why they omitted him . I've read once that Coldhands is nothing but Bloodraven himself. That in him was simply a wight wearing his old crow clothes and Bloodraven was warging into him.

We know that is possible with Bran-Hodor and Bloodraven could definitely manage this.. it would also explain as to why Coldhands seems as a night's watch man , but cannot enter the wall from the Black Gate. No wight can pass the Gate , obviously . (that was the name right?)

Also , how can a wight talk , or be intelligent ? It makes sense to be Bloodraven and Coldhands being a form of manipulation strictly meant for Bran and co . Not to mention , he points them exactly to Bloodraven . Well , i guess Bloodraven himself knows the way pretty well , but would not risk reveal himself just like that .

As for the Cleganebowl , not sure what to say. I ll wait. But i'd like to see the Cleganbowl , yeah Laughing

Also , nobody has anything to say about Tysha and all ? You think it done and dusted she's that marrying whore from Braavos? I'm surprised really. Even more when it's one of the few things ever being discussed in this thread.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:27 pm

The show creators said that they omitted Coldhands because it would spoil who he really is. Wow maybe it's Benjen after all.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:36 pm

And Bran wouldn't recognise his uncle Benjen in the books?

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Dante wrote:And Bran wouldn't recognise his uncle Benjen in the books?

He had his face covered in the books but the show would need an actor. In fact I still don't believe Coldhands is Benjen either.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think I am the only person in the world who is dreading LSH. I hated Cat (couldn't stand her stupidity) and hate LSH now. I'm also not particularly a big fan of people coming back to life, feels like a cop-out to me and you'll eventually run into the comic book problem where deaths no longer have the same impact (see Jon snow - which I did not believe for a second as I was reading it).

I don't like (un)cat but I don't really mind her aswell. Biggest problem with her was that she was brought back (as more than a mindless zombie) esepcially as it wasn't immediatly after her death.
As you said it completely ruined Jons death. Imo that should have been one of if not THE biggest shock in the book so far but instead only thing people talk about is who will bring him back to life. One of the few things I really don't like.
To be honest even though I did like Jon I'd love to get a big surprise here but I really just can't see it happen.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:08 pm

M99 wrote:
Dante wrote:And Bran wouldn't recognise his uncle Benjen in the books?

He had his face covered in the books but the show would need an actor. In fact I still don't believe Coldhands is Benjen either.

If they didn't put him in the show because they don't want us to know who he is doesn't that mean that it has to be someone who already appeared in the show? Otherwise it would just be some actor who we don't know so it wouldn't tell us who he is.

Anyway is there any source to that or is it just a rumour?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:12 pm

yes i do remember that.

But he talks . Says specific stuff . He must have the same hight and the same clothing. Sam saw him too . Wouldn't he recognise the exact clothing as a First Ranger , wouldn't he recognise his voice?

Sadly i don't remember if his voice is supposed to be detailed and defined as..otherwordly? inhuman? undead-ish... Not sure , though it could have been. If it's not human , you can make a case being unrecognisable , but for the face.

Well , i don't think it's Benjen Stark either. But he does refuse to show his face to anyone... and especially to Bran. Bran should remember Benjen well from his last visit at Winterfell , in which they were both present at the feast . Unless of course , Bran has forgotten that as well. But Sam "saw him" too. Wouldn't he recognise everything i mentione , in spite of his hidden face ?

On the other hand , it's what most believed at first read. That it could be Benjen Stark , actually. I certainly won't rule it out. Maybe Bloodraven and the CotF raised Benjen from the dead for this very purpose, just after he died? Keeping him undead so to bring Bran to the cave and to protect him?

Why else Coldhands says , just looked it up , " Yes, but I'm your monster, Brandon Stark " . meaning , your own blood , monster , maybe? And there to protect him and guide him , obviously.

The long ago part that Leaf says about Coldhands , could be straight out a lie. Perhaps they don't want to reveal the truth to Bran , fearing any consecuenses . let's not forget that if the theory of Jojen paste is true , it won't be just this once..

This or what i said earlier , someone from the nights watch , who trully died long ago , and is under Bloodraven's warging when he needs him . That cannot be true however. It can't be no one if they show makers said it would reveal who he is. And who else other than Benjen? It's far fetched to say Bloodraven , we haven't seen him yet , even though we are about to. One of the two ?! hmm

But we know Bloodraven can't move , so it could very well be Benjen  Shocked
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:28 am

Very well thought out theory on Tysha Dante. It's one of those things where the possibilities open to GRRM are so open that it's difficult to be sure, however it's a convincing write-up.

Also BC, I'm with Dante on Stoneheart, I hate her - though if she gets Walder Frey in the end I'll enjoy that - but I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the shock and rage on show watchers' faces. Laughing

Also inb4coldhandsisdaario.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 am

Am I the only one who thinks that Walder Frey will get a simple and pain-free death, by I dunno, falling of a horse or slipping in the icy roads of the north.

I want him to die with Jon Snew or Arya sticking a sword into his heart.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:44 am

I could definitely see Walder Frey having an innocuous death, but if that happens, I think he'll see all of his heirs fall before him.

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 23 10309484_10152143000972727_3071618268944776099_n

Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:57 am

StrugaRock wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that Walder Frey will get a simple and pain-free death, by I dunno, falling of a horse or slipping in the icy roads of the north.

I want him to die with Jon Snew or Arya sticking a sword into his heart.

I think Walder Frey will be the last lliving Frey lol. Will see all his heirs and his entire line get destroyed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Last night out from curiosity , i was checking to see if people caught anything similar about Tysha and how unnaceptable i found that she cannot have become a whore , or just somewhere on the same page like me. Turns out , of course , that there is something . Needless to say how much better this post is than mine :

http://joannalannister.tumblr.com/post/80025063637/queenofswords-asked-okaaay-so-i-have-a

also , i found a blog where the author has many theories and views in Asoiaf , don't know if you have seen this before. I'd definitely recommend a read , perhaps on a slow day ..? Honestly , it will be well worth your time. So many interesting stuff and definitely someone extremely well versed into Asoiaf.

I would also mention here a particular theory this butterfly author mentions about Tyrion.. but once you read it , it will never be undone from your head. Last warning , it's also being mentioned in the first link and that's what drove me into her blog.

http://nobodysuspectsthebutterfly.tumblr.com/tagged/the-dwarf%27s-penny/chrono

First link is about Tysha and she's pretty much thinking exactly like i have , but her proccess is much more well based. The other blog is something i'd recommend you check , at some point when you have time. For me at least , it was time well spent . Though i wish i could forget what i read about Tyrion. With all honesty , if i could impact something that may or may not be happening in asoiaf , i would prevent this and let every other silly crackpot happen or whatever .
Trust me , IT HAS NEVER CROSSED YOUR HEAD.

Honestly , if this happens , idk what i will do. I really dont. RG , you from all people should never read what she speculates about Tyrion . Never. I am afraid of your well being if one day something like this comes true Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:43 pm

oh and also interesting what the first link i posted mentions about The Sailor's Wife.

Once you see it.......
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:46 pm

I opened up both links to load whilst reading your post, then quickly closed the second one because your description of it was so terrifying. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:56 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Very well thought out theory on Tysha Dante. It's one of those things where the possibilities open to GRRM are so open that it's difficult to be sure, however it's a convincing write-up.

Also BC, I'm with Dante on Stoneheart, I hate her - though if she gets Walder Frey in the end I'll enjoy that - but I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the shock and rage on show watchers' faces. Laughing

Also inb4coldhandsisdaario.

Daario Laughing

nah , i really don't believe Stoneheart will kill Frey. She has and will kill many Freys more , but not the old fox. She cannot reach him and he will never leave the twins , unless for something huge , which i won't bother into it , since i don't have a clue. LSH no matter how strong the brotherhood has been or the tactics used , she cannot trully do anything against the Twins . Not with the power they currently have at least. They can only use guerilla tactics and that's that. Frey won't pass near by any time soon Laughing

I think , LSH ultimate goal will be to kill Littlefinger . Petyr has done so many crimes against her family that even if she somehow finds just one of them , let alone learning about most (if not all) Littlefinger is dead.

And what better place for Littlefinger to die than his own castle , at Harrenhal ? The "ghost of Harrenhal" being his end , obviously that will be freakin UnCat. I suspect Sansa will meet her one day , possibly there , and tell her everything she has found , pressumably it will be much more than she currently knows of ..

Cat despised littlefinger in her last days , so it's not that far fetched to suspect if something like this happen she will hunt him down. It would fit right in if you ask me. Also read the theory about Littlefinger being a Reyne.. it is quite intriguing and would make sense as to why he wants the Lannisters to burn.

But his story already makes sense and doesn't lack base. It may lack in background and pieces of the whole puzzle , but that's normal for a character like Littlefinger. I still found the theory quite refreshing , haven't read anything like it before.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I opened up both links to load whilst reading your post, then quickly closed the second one because your description of it was so terrifying. Laughing

mate don't read it , srsly Laughing

ONCE READ IT CAN NEVER BE UNDONE , NO FOQIN JOKES HERE.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:00 pm

I read the first one, it's a good write-up, I hadn't thought of it in those terms before but I definitely agree now.

Avoiding the second but when the series is finally done, I'm returning to this thread and reading the theory. Laughing

Also it's been foreshadowed that Sansa will kill a giant, which would be Littlefinger whose original House sigil was the Titan of Braavos. I think she'll be his downfall, not Cat. I couldn't stand to see Stoneheart kill Littlefinger, I don't want her to have the satisfaction. Nor do I want Littlefinger shattered like that, dying at her undead hands would be the worst thing imaginable.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:11 pm

possibly .. i don't remember that thing about Sansa , though reading it like that i wouldn't be surprised at all. How many times we all have imagined Sansa one day learning about Littlefinger's crimes against her family and then killing him? Of course she's a candidate , very likely the real one.

For LSH , well , her having any satisfaction is out of the question. Though , the case where revenge is the only thing in her mind , obviously achieving it would grant her satisfaction. Idk. It was just a thought. Littlefinger seems like someone who wouldn't be "outplayed" .. i know that would be a tragic irony , well fitting plot-wise for him to die at Sansa's hands , but i still dont see it .

Sansa must change completely for me to agree to this , though she's well on her way for that.

As for the 2nd link and the case she makes. Laughing . Well , it could be true , or not. It actually contradicts , with the first link you read. The funny part is , you actually read it in the first part , you just didn't get it at first. Laughing

The thing is , it doesn't really matter , at least right now , if it's true or not. Why i warned you , it's because it is brain damaging and it will hurt your mind realising it.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Sorry . I will just have to throw it out here , i cannot keep this to myself , i want to see what others think of this . I tried to be the good guy at first by giving warnings , but i cannot discuss it with friends either if it goes unnoticed , because none of them silly foqers reads the books

Spoiler:

Edit : ok , i used the spoiler tag. Open at your own risk. lmao

Last edited by Dante on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Read the 2nd link and - yeah why not? Could well be true and to be honest I'd love it. Go for it grrm :bow: 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Martin will turn us all into sadistic psychopaths once this is all over Laughing

Although it does make great drama , i ll give you that. But really now? It's the last thing i want to see happening.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 pm

and now that i have thought of it more carefully , it's totally asoiaf-ish , that it may well happen . If it would happen anywhere and to anyone , it would be , who else , the drama king , Tyrion Laughing

I kinda want to see it happening , if i want to be deeply honest.. if only to hate it and just to appreciate the drama. But it's so disturbing , another part of me wishes it's simply a crackpot .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Apparently this song will be played in the next episode

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:31 am

Dante I have read your posts. I agree with the first one on the Sailor's Wife actually being Gerion Lannister's wife/lover. Tysha being the Sailor's Wife as you said makes no sense in two ways. One is the point that you mentioned and another is that it's completely random to call Tyrion a sailor. Gerion Lannister on the other hand we know sailed to Valyria to look for the ancient Valyrian steel Lannister sword Brightroar and then became lost at sea presumed dead so it makes perfect sense for him to be called a sailor. The fact that the Sailor's Wife is called Lanna and has blonde hair is the biggest clue that the Sailor is a Lannister.

As for the second one, I have seen this disturbing theory before. Penny does mention that she was trained by her father and her age does not match either. She is said to have curly brown hair. Tyrion is blonde and Tysha had "dark hair" which means either black or dark brown. I think it's safe to say we will not see this theory come true.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 41 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 32 ... 41  Next