Collblanc
34 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Messi's amazing form - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi's amazing form

Post by LeBéninois Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
Bénin wrote:Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and therefore boring :bow:

i am so glad I was alive to catch Dennis Bergkamp and Zidane before they reitired

Exactly. Bergkamps goal against Newcastle or Argentina are true glimpses of the extraordinary, messi might be better but he doesn't have that kind of breath taking ability

You are just used to see him past 3-4 players and score , that's the only reason you are sayingthis man. How many players could run past 3-4 defenders like that. Believe me had bergkamp( :bow: ) scored goals like the newcastle one on a daily basis you would have forget how beautiful it is .

As i always said , Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and this is sign of greatness. I understand why some people are ''bored' though. Nothing new here

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm

aleumdance wrote:why do I have strong feeling most of you started taking football seriously in 2008?

watch football pre-messi, yes messi is super world class, but something players could do, messi is not up to erm

I joined La Masia in 2001. Please dont act you know what you are talking about. Messi is ten levels above Zidane and Bergkamp. Zidane is a player the likes of Ibrahimovic - shows up rarely in games. Bergkamp is even a worse kind of player. Had a couple of good moments. No Cruyff, Pele, Maradona. Messi is even above those 3.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Bénin wrote:Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and therefore boring :bow:

i am so glad I was alive to catch Dennis Bergkamp and Zidane before they reitired

Exactly. Bergkamps goal against Newcastle or Argentina are true glimpses of the extraordinary, messi might be better but he doesn't have that kind of breath taking ability

OK man, whatever. Why are the two Arsenal fans in this thread bringing up Arsenal players????

Are you two able to post in a thread without bringing up an Arsenal player? Have you watched any other football or is that all you can talk about?

Can we get a mod in here or something? Unless these two have anything to add about the actual topic of the thread.

You guys are like those toys where you pull the string and they have pre-recorded answers. It goes something like this.

Talk about Barca or Messi = Bring up Jack Wilshire or RVP when he was there.

Talk about great skills or older players = bring up older Arsenal player.

Talk about David De Gea = Bring up how much better Chesny is then him. OOOOOOOpppppppps we saw how bad that turned out. HAHAHAHA
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:48 pm

appreciate or gtfo :coffee:

make a thread in the rightback section if you want to talk about ozil bergkamp alexis pedro whatever you want.

this one is for appreciating a true legend and GOAT :bow:

haters can go too (talking to you mole) :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Collblanc wrote:
aleumdance wrote:why do I have strong feeling most of you started taking football seriously in 2008?

watch football pre-messi, yes messi is super world class, but something players could do, messi is not up to erm

I joined La Masia in 2001. Please dont act you know what you are talking about. Messi is ten levels above Zidane and Bergkamp. Zidane is a player the likes of Ibrahimovic - shows up rarely in games. Bergkamp is even a worse kind of player. Had a couple of good moments. No Cruyff, Pele, Maradona. Messi is even above those 3.

I loled so hard it made me fart
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:49 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Collblanc wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

you just answered my theory( thanks for the analysis).

so do you think ronaldo does not get "zonal marked"

I ask you again, please share your sources on this. He gets zonal marked, not man-marked, so not marked(!) by more then 1 player. Get your facts straight please.

mate stop using google translator. I get ur point but you are confusing me now.

as for ronaldo, man marking him would be totally useless so he also gets zonal marked.

I get your point dude, Ronaldo is marked heavily, only a fool would not think to mark a what is arguably considered a second best player in the world. But, com on, Messi gets marked more than any other player in the planet, as he is un-arguably THE BEST at this moment. And with shitty attackers/wingers we are playing this season, he is marked even more.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:"On the other hand, don't mention that Alexis should be sold. For some reason his constant floping and tap in missing is seen by many Barça posters as a "good sign" and a reason he should be a starter."

I didn't know people thought he should start.

I have seen forwards / wingers in a slump but I have never seen even bad player miss as many easy chances as Alexis this year. You can tell he wants to be taken out of the game a lot of the time.

I hate to cut on him because he does work hard but this isn't little league where you get a trying hard medal.

I counted 2 basically tap-in's today and another 2-3 VERY EASY chances. In fact I would say he had the 2 easiest chances of the match and he didn't get anywhere close to scoring.

And comparing him to Pedro I don't think is correct. IF Pedro doesn't play well he works hard just like Alexis but his passing is much much better. Alexis just passes it to the other team Mascherano style a couple times a game for no reason a lot of the time when we are attacking and in position to score. That is a very easy way to give away goals when playing for Barca.

Really? Villa in his first and, especially, 2nd season until he got injured was missing chances like crazy.

If you have forgotten, here is probably the worst miss that I have ever seen..

He was sooo bad that I remember many wanted to sell him. They thought that his time at the top was over...

And dont forget that our greatest striker ever, Eto'o, was was awful in the 2nd half of the treble season..

Funny how fickle fans are..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Bénin wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

You are just used to see him past 3-4 players and score , that's the only reason you are sayingthis man. How many players could run past 3-4 defenders like that. Believe me had bergkamp( :bow: ) scored goals like the newcastle one on a daily basis you would have forget how beautiful it is .

As i always said , Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and this is sign of greatness. I understand why some people are ''bored' though. Nothing new here

MATE I STARTED WATCHING ARSENAL IN 1999

and believe me, Bergkamp was a God..

I don't want to derail the thread, i never wanted to, but before this thread got bumped, what we were saying would make sense...
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm

eelir wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

I ask you again, please share your sources on this. He gets zonal marked, not man-marked, so not marked(!) by more then 1 player. Get your facts straight please.

mate stop using google translator. I get ur point but you are confusing me now.

as for ronaldo, man marking him would be totally useless so he also gets zonal marked.

I get your point dude, Ronaldo is marked heavily, only a fool would not think to mark a what is arguably considered a second best player in the world. But, com on, Messi gets marked more than any other player in the planet, as he is un-arguably THE BEST at this moment. And with shitty attackers/wingers we are playing this season, he is marked even more.

THATS MY POINT..

maybe we could not understand each other
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Messi's amazing form - Page 4 Messi-goal-vs-getafe-o

dat lack of breathtaking ability Very Happy
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:53 pm

Best goal I have ever seen in real life. :bow: Best player ever.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:54 pm

aleumdance,
you are an idiot. you should gtfo and let us enjoy the moment

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Collblanc wrote:Best goal I have ever seen in real life. :bow: Best player ever.

My dad is a Barcelona fan ( since 1980s)

he thinks Maradona was better..(not making $hit up)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

He was so good today, this game and against Milan he has been back to his best. Time to bring that form to the national team :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

bergcamp had more ability than messi? apart from maybe first touch,(and thats a maybe) i cant think of a single thing at which bergcamp was better

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Can we please stick to the topic
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

Niyameddin wrote:aleumdance,

WHERE YOU HERE FROM THE START?

THIS WAS NOT AN APPRECIATION THREAD

2 DAMN THREADS GOT BUMPED, CONFUSING ANY NEUTRAL READING
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:55 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:"On the other hand, don't mention that Alexis should be sold. For some reason his constant floping and tap in missing is seen by many Barça posters as a "good sign" and a reason he should be a starter."

I have seen forwards / wingers in a slump but I have never seen even bad player miss as many easy chances as Alexis this year. You can tell he wants to be taken out of the game a lot of the time.

I hate to cut on him because he does work hard but this isn't little league where you get a trying hard medal.

I counted 2 basically tap-in's today and another 2-3 VERY EASY chances. In fact I would say he had the 2 easiest chances of the match and he didn't get anywhere close to scoring.

And comparing him to Pedro I don't think is correct. IF Pedro doesn't play well he works hard just like Alexis but his passing is much much better. Alexis just passes it to the other team Mascherano style a couple times a game for no reason a lot of the time when we are attacking and in position to score. That is a very easy way to give away goals when playing for Barca.

Really? Villa in his first and, especially, 2nd season until he got injured was missing chances like crazy.

He was sooo bad that I remember many wanted to sell him. They thought that his time at the top was over...

And dont forget that our greatest striker ever, Eto'o, was was awful in the 2nd half of the treble season..

Villa was great in his first season, what are you on?
He never missed like 5 tap ins in a row, and that chance is not even for Barça, it's a spain chance.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Bénin wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

Mate I am used to seeing maradona dribbling past 3 or 4 players it isn't like he started to look ordinary. Players like bergkamp and zidane (and Diego) had such a technical class that they could conjure something unique, and unrepeatable, messi is not like . Messi does not have such a moment of pure genius like them, really. Look at that goal vs Newcastle, are you saying messis dribbling is more breath taking?

Am I saying messi is less effective? No, I am saying running with the ball is not as breath taking as a piece of technical genius.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm

About Messi being marked more heavily than C.Ronaldo. Seeing as I don't watch Real Madrid play cause they bore the sh... out of me, I generally dont watch them so I can only say when it comes to Barca - Real Madrid and if anyone really tries to tell me that C.Ronaldo gets marked just as much as Messi does in that game, then either you are a liar or a Cristiano Ronaldo fanboii.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can we please stick to the topic

Thank you
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Bénin wrote:

Mate I am used to seeing maradona dribbling past 3 or 4 players it isn't like he started to look ordinary. Players like bergkamp and zidane (and Diego) had such a technical class that they could conjure something unique, and unrepeatable, messi is not like . Messi does not have such a moment of pure genius like them, really. Look at that goal vs Newcastle, are you saying messis dribbling is more breath taking?

Am I saying messi is less effective? No, I am saying running with the ball is not as breath taking as a piece of technical genius.

no point mate, they won't understand.

let leave erm to have their cake. most of them never watched Bergkamp, Zidane or even nedved
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

harhar11 wrote:About Messi being marked more heavily than C.Ronaldo. Seeing as I don't watch Real Madrid play cause they bore the sh... out of me, I generally dont watch them so I can only say when it comes to Barca - Real Madrid and if anyone really tries to tell me that C.Ronaldo gets marked just as much as Messi does in that game, then either you are a liar or a Cristiano Ronaldo fanboii.

that was not my point,

My point was, Ronaldo also gets heavily marked in other games

but that was before this thread got bumped to an appreciation thread.
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:59 pm

free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Villa was great in his first season, what are you on?
He never missed like 5 tap ins in a row, and that chance is not even for Barça, it's a spain chance.

He was pretty inconsistent at the start, wasn't he? I remember Mou saying how he buys strikers that scores goals not like "someone" else, referring to how Barca bought Villa who couldn't score. But after the clasico he was pretty good until the 2nd half of the season where he got the same problem that Eto'o had in his last season.

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:01 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Niyameddin wrote:aleumdance,

WHERE YOU HERE FROM THE START?