Ganso
aleumdance
Collblanc
34 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Messi's amazing form - Page 6 Empty Re: Messi's amazing form

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Most important people that have seen Maradona and/or Pele and given their opinion on the matter, have said Messi is better. Fact.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:42 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Most important people that have seen Maradona and/or Pele and given their opinion on the matter, have said Messi is better. Fact.

Dude forget Maradona and Pele, it seams Messi is not even better than Bergkamp or Zidane.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm not sure if messi is better, however its not out of the question to compare him to all time greats. His trophy haul alone speaks for itself
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:46 pm

harhar11 wrote:Dude, Diego Armando Maradona is a Messi hater. Whatever Messi goal/skill you show him, he will dismiss it. Now if Messi was an Arsenal player, he would most likely change his opinion. I still remember how he(and other arsenal fans) tried to tell me that Wilshere destroyed Xavi and Iniesta when they defeated us Laughing

Is there any reason I would hate messi? Please, I want to know why I would hate him. And No I never said that about wilshere.

I would dismiss messis goals or skills as what? If the question is does messi have bergkamp or zidanes brilliant technique the answer is no.

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 pm

Sure messi does. His first touch is not the best when compared, but his close control/dribbling is literally perfect. Zidane or bergkamp could never run full speed like messi does with the ball that close to his feet.

Technique doesn't have to be flashy. If it gets the job done, it doesn't matter.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Most important people that have seen Maradona and/or Pele and given their opinion on the matter, have said Messi is better. Fact.

Fantastic. But unfortunately those people are not the ones in this thread.

I know plenty of important (lol) people that have said the opposite.

Last edited by Diego Armando Maradona on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 pm

messi is faster version of maradona. especially acceleration and agility. and maradona rested more than messi. i think fresh messi would be even better

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 pm

make a new thread for the general section some other time. This one is anything but messi appreciation.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:53 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Sure messi does. His first touch is not the best when compared, but his close control/dribbling is literally perfect. Zidane or bergkamp could never run full speed like messi does with the ball that close to his feet.

Technique doesn't have to be flashy. If it gets the job done, it doesn't matter.

I have not said messi isn't a better dribbler. I personally enjoy genius level one/two touch plays than dribbling.

Last edited by Diego Armando Maradona on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Niyameddin wrote:messi is faster version of maradona. especially acceleration and agility. and maradona rested more than messi. i think fresh messi would be even better

Maradona broke his ankle when he was in his early 20s which cut his acceleration. Still pretty fast though. Messi is not even 10% of maradonas skill.

Rg this wasn't an appreciation thread when these arguments started so I have no guilt
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 am

i havent seen maradona so cant talk about him.. but messi is so much better than bergcamp that the comparison is beyond ridiculous

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:02 am

@diego

I know. I tried to turn it into one but it was a wrong decision

Last edited by RealGunner on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:03 am

culefan wrote:i havent seen maradona so cant talk about him.. but messi is so much better than bergcamp that the comparison is beyond ridiculous

Calm down son, you don't even know who bergkamp is
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:06 am

RealGunner wrote:
culefan wrote:i havent seen maradona so cant talk about him.. but messi is so much better than bergcamp that the comparison is beyond ridiculous

why? because i think messi is better than bergcamp?look.. if i havent seen bergcamp i wouldnt have commented.. just like i didnt in the case of maradona.. but i have seec bergcamp in arsenal from 1999..

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:08 am

Messi's amazing form - Page 6 65664kka

:coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:09 am

culefan wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

why? because i think messi is better than bergcamp?look.. if i havent seen bergcamp i wouldnt have commented.. just like i didnt in the case of maradona.. but i have seec bergcamp in arsenal from 1999..

I don't know who "bergcamp" is but i am pretty sure you have never seen him play.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:10 am

RealGunner wrote:
culefan wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

I don't know who "bergcamp" is but i am pretty sure you have never seen him play.
because i made a spelling mistake? Very Happy

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIO246ICzA8

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 am

RealGunner wrote:@diego

I know. I tried to turn it into one but it was a wrong decision

Come on Real. For once stick it to your fellow gunner fans. This person your defending who claims he's not trolling said Messi doesn't have 10% of Maradona's skill. Come on man, you know what this poster is trying to do.

I think your the best Mod on here but how in the world can you agree that this poster isn't trolling and trying to derail the thread. And why is it all Arsenal fans doing it? Is there some special hate for Messi or something?

And what in the hell does Dennis Bergkamp have anything to do with this thread? If someone said MEssi isn't as elegant as dennis bergkamp you know what there trying to do. There trying to argue something that can't be proved and ruin the thread because everything measurable Messi is better at except height.

The two should never be in the same sentance in terms of greatness. In fact if Messi had one season in his prime the same as dennis bergkamp then every Arsenal fan would be on here flaming him to no end. Hell there doing it anyway in a season where he's going to score 50 goals for the third year in a row and win a 5th Balon D'or. But we have to sit here and listen to dennis f'ing bergkamp and Messi comparison's.

Come on man. We had to move the thread because of 2-3 Arsenal fans. We can't even have a Messi appreciation thread on the main board because of Arsenal fans for some reason.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:54 am

I should say at this point that i consider messi as greatest of all time ( from my point of view anyways), better than maradona or even pele himself.

I wanted a proper messi appreciation thread like there are so many around in the general section but surprisingly messi doesn't have one. But initially there were two threads ( one yours and the other one a weird one ) and i tried to merge them to create a proper thread. However it was a wrong decision since there was a debate ( a silly one even ) going on and and it carried on in this thread. Hence why i said i should have let it stay the way it was.

I blame the people who derailed it. I don't think Diego is trolling because he always believed in what he said. And he was replying in a debate which was there before i changed the title of this thread that's why i don't blame him or any one else.

I personally would like a clean appreciation/fan club thread of Messi. Not this one which is ravaged by useless posts. I am sure you would agree ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:06 am

I got to the second page and got bored, so I skipped to the last page to see if it was any better and saw someone call Bergkamp "bergcamp", so I assume the thread just got progressively worse. So I stopped reading.

I feel like I made a good decision today Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:19 am

You shouldn't judge people by their typos cbarca. :superiorllama:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:21 am

Cb is a top honest lad tbf
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 am

It's not a typo if you do it consistently like that joker did.

Not to mention it's Bergkamp ffs. If someone mistypes his name, you have a right to be pissed.

I never judged the man anyway (well now I have), I merely judged the thread based on what the man said.

Now, if anyone wants to DISCO this thread now that it's done and over with I'll be more than happy to help.

Messi's amazing form - Page 6 250px-Disco_ball4

Good times Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 am

RealGunner wrote:I should say at this point that i consider messi as greatest of all time ( from my point of view anyways), better than maradona or even pele himself.

I wanted a proper messi appreciation thread like there are so many around in the general section but surprisingly messi doesn't have one. But initially there were two threads ( one yours and the other one a weird one ) and i tried to merge them to create a proper thread. However it was a wrong decision since there was a debate ( a silly one even ) going on and and it carried on in this thread. Hence why i said i should have let it stay the way it was.

I blame the people who derailed it. I don't think Diego is trolling because he always believed in what he said. And he was replying in a debate which was there before i changed the title of this thread that's why i don't blame him or any one else.

I personally would like a clean appreciation/fan club thread of Messi. Not this one which is ravaged by useless posts. I am sure you would agree ?

I agree 100% that we should be able to have a Messi appreciation thread and I would love to have one, but the cruel fact is we can't because of Arsenal fans. That is a fact.

Also I don't know how you think Diego isn't trolling.

First he says this which really is just totally his opinion in which it has nothing to do with Messi being great. I mean can you tell me what this has to do with Messi's game today or vs Milan or the vein of form he's in?

"Am I saying messi is less effective? No, I am saying running with the ball is not as breath taking as a piece of technical genius."

That doesn't even mean anything or make much sense. It's just trying to troll. Especially when you follow it up with this stupid post.

"Messi doesn't have 10% of the skill of Maradona."

You can't tell me you really think he's serious?????? I mean really, come on that's the biggest trolling I've ever seen. Especially when you go to my original point what in the hell does it have to do with Messi's game today or the form he's in? IT's trolling, plain and simple. Then you have other Arsenal fans bringing up Jack Wilshire, Dennis Bergkamp etc Those two are not even in the same league as Messi yet we have to listen to it for what reason? Can you give me one? Other then trolling. Jack Wilshire showed up on the first F'ing page.

Your fans can't talk about anything else.

I mean come on dude. It's totally obvious from the first page of this thread to the last.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 am

"Messi best player eva No discussion!!!!!111111"

That's what I responded to in this thread. My response was justified. I would let that go if it was an appreciation thread but it wasn't. What I said does make sense, it's just lost on you.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next