Ganso
aleumdance
Collblanc
34 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Messi's amazing form - Page 3 Empty Re: Messi's amazing form

Post by eelir Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Alexis is not worse or better then Pedro, though last couple of games he has been slightly better.

I think one reason Messi was so good these last couple of games is having someone like Vila there. If all depends on him scoring, marking him with 3-4 players does the job. But if others score, no one will ever stop him from scoring or creating.

Btw, i think his shots from the edge of the box have improved in power.

eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Good finishes from Messi. He really wanted that hattrick towards the end.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 pm

Collblanc wrote: Best player ever. No discussion.

I'm taking that to mean there is no discussion for him being the best player ever. It makes more sense than implying there is no discussion for any of maradona, pele, cruyff, ect being the best.

Of course you meant the latter which is rubbish
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm

eelir, congratulations on your fatherhood. Hope yous son grows strong, happy, smart, good.... and a Barça fan!

eelir wrote:Alexis is not worse or better then Pedro, though last couple of games he has been slightly better.

Just keep telling yourselves that, maybe it becomes true. :facepalm:
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:29 pm

"On the other hand, don't mention that Alexis should be sold. For some reason his constant floping and tap in missing is seen by many Barça posters as a "good sign" and a reason he should be a starter."

I didn't know people thought he should start.

I have seen forwards / wingers in a slump but I have never seen even bad player miss as many easy chances as Alexis this year. You can tell he wants to be taken out of the game a lot of the time.

I hate to cut on him because he does work hard but this isn't little league where you get a trying hard medal.

I counted 2 basically tap-in's today and another 2-3 VERY EASY chances. In fact I would say he had the 2 easiest chances of the match and he didn't get anywhere close to scoring.

And comparing him to Pedro I don't think is correct. IF Pedro doesn't play well he works hard just like Alexis but his passing is much much better. Alexis just passes it to the other team Mascherano style a couple times a game for no reason a lot of the time when we are attacking and in position to score. That is a very easy way to give away goals when playing for Barca.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:33 pm

This thread lacks some serious amount of jiopsi.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm

double post.

Last edited by free_cat on Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:"On the other hand, don't mention that Alexis should be sold. For some reason his constant floping and tap in missing is seen by many Barça posters as a "good sign" and a reason he should be a starter."

I didn't know people thought he should start.

I have seen forwards / wingers in a slump but I have never seen even bad player miss as many easy chances as Alexis this year. You can tell he wants to be taken out of the game a lot of the time.

I hate to cut on him because he does work hard but this isn't little league where you get a trying hard medal.

I counted 2 basically tap-in's today and another 2-3 VERY EASY chances. In fact I would say he had the 2 easiest chances of the match and he didn't get anywhere close to scoring.

And comparing him to Pedro I don't think is correct. IF Pedro doesn't play well he works hard just like Alexis but his passing is much much better. Alexis just passes it to the other team Mascherano style a couple times a game for no reason a lot of the time when we are attacking and in position to score. That is a very easy way to give away goals when playing for Barca.

Yes, he does that too, aside from losing the most balls in the team per minute, but he is quite good at dribling in the midle of the pitch, and gets a lot of chances that he then misses, so that appears to make him good enough to start for us.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Bénin wrote:Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and therefore boring :bow:

i am so glad I was alive to catch Dennis Bergkamp and Zidane before they reitired

Exactly. Bergkamps goal against Newcastle or Argentina are true glimpses of the extraordinary, messi might be better but he doesn't have that kind of breath taking ability
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:35 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Bénin wrote:Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and therefore boring :bow:

i am so glad I was alive to catch Dennis Bergkamp and Zidane before they reitired

Exactly. Bergkamps goal against Newcastle or Argentina are true glimpses of the extraordinary, messi might be better but he doesn't have that kind of breath taking ability
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:37 pm

eelir wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

So to understand, in a thread discussing Messi and his performances of late you have brought up Jack Wilshire and Ronaldo.

HHHHHmmmmmmm, that makes sense. I mean are you trying to derail the thread?

If I wanted to derail the thread, i would have reminded you how he disappeared in the last 2 el classicos

nice trolling though, especially this last comment.

pls remind me, what did he do in the last 2 classico

Barca1-3 Madrid

Madrid 2-1 Barca( he scored, and that was the only time you saw him)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Stat padding like a boss. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

Wat? Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:39 pm

aleumdance wrote:

Whatever Bergkamp or Zidane can do with a football, Messi can do it twice as fast.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Collblanc wrote:
aleumdance wrote:If I wanted to derail the thread, i would have reminded you how he disappeared in the last 2 el classicos

You obviously dont know what you are talking about. In the last Classico's Messi was getting zonal marked and was only able to get a ball played while facing Valdes, whenever he turned around he already had 2 defenders in front and 1 midfielder in his back. Mourinho was able to withdraw 2 defenders for Messi because there was no treat from another attacker. Same with the first match against AC Milan - he triple-marked Messi, because he did not fear the other attacker. When in the second match David Villa showed up - Villa himself kept 2 defenders on the back line, and with Alves on the side line, giving Messi a huge amount of space between the back and mid-line.

you just answered my theory( thanks for the analysis).

so do you think ronaldo does not get "zonal marked"
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:40 pm

aleumdance wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGteJAB-OGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFIm1p-0KU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPANaDedHo

Yep, he has no 'breath taking ability'. LOL :bow:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm

futbol wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

Wat? Laughing

Mate, you answers "wat" is a Sin to the god of football anti-gravity law something messi is yet to master:)
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:41 pm

aleumdance wrote:
Collblanc wrote:
aleumdance wrote:If I wanted to derail the thread, i would have reminded you how he disappeared in the last 2 el classicos

You obviously dont know what you are talking about. In the last Classico's Messi was getting zonal marked and was only able to get a ball played while facing Valdes, whenever he turned around he already had 2 defenders in front and 1 midfielder in his back. Mourinho was able to withdraw 2 defenders for Messi because there was no treat from another attacker. Same with the first match against AC Milan - he triple-marked Messi, because he did not fear the other attacker. When in the second match David Villa showed up - Villa himself kept 2 defenders on the back line, and with Alves on the side line, giving Messi a huge amount of space between the back and mid-line.

I ask you again, please share your sources on this. He gets zonal marked, not man-marked, so not marked(!) by more then 1 player. Get your facts straight please.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Niyameddin Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Messi is the only player that people can remember his bad matches even in their sleep. He had so few bad matches. but he is a human

Niyameddin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

free_cat wrote:eelir, congratulations on your fatherhood. Hope yous son grows strong, happy, smart, good.... and a Barça fan!

eelir wrote:Alexis is not worse or better then Pedro, though last couple of games he has been slightly better.

Thanks free!! I have a baby girl, not a boy though.

I am one of the people who would want Alexis off the team, and the one who believed Pedro will show that he just had some longer run off form, but he really is not providing any more than Alexis. At least Alexis in last games looked dangerous.

Anyway, since this is Messi appreciation topic, i just wanted to express that with both Pedro and Alexis, Messi was lacking someone to pass to when he gets marked heavely. I am glad our coach has realized that Vila is that person.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

aleumdance wrote:

Shocked
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Collblanc wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGteJAB-OGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foFIm1p-0KU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPANaDedHo

Yep, he has no 'breath taking ability'. LOL :bow:

he never said messi does not have it.

he said messi does not have their type of breath taking ability..

and if you watched either of bergkamp and zidane, you would know
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:43 pm

why do I have strong feeling most of you started taking football seriously in 2008?

watch football pre-messi, yes messi is super world class, but something players could do, messi is not up to erm
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:44 pm

eelir wrote:
free_cat wrote:eelir, congratulations on your fatherhood. Hope yous son grows strong, happy, smart, good.... and a Barça fan!

Thanks free!! I have a baby girl, not a boy though.

I am one of the people who would want Alexis off the team, and the one who believed Pedro will show that he just had some longer run off form, but he really is not providing any more than Alexis. At least Alexis in last games looked dangerous.

Anyway, since this is Messi appreciation topic, i just wanted to express that with both Pedro and Alexis, Messi was lacking someone to pass to when he gets marked heavely. I am glad our coach has realized that Vila is that person.

Oh, sorry, then I hope the same but for your girl! Very Happy

I very much prefer a player that is a great team player, than a player that messes up so much as Alexis to be honest.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Collblanc wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

I ask you again, please share your sources on this. He gets zonal marked, not man-marked, so not marked(!) by more then 1 player. Get your facts straight please.

mate stop using google translator. I get ur point but you are confusing me now.

as for ronaldo, man marking him would be totally useless so he also gets zonal marked.
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:46 pm

aleumdance wrote:

You are just used to see him past 3-4 players and score , that's the only reason you are sayingthis man. How many players could run past 3-4 defenders like that. Believe me had bergkamp( :bow: ) scored goals like the newcastle one on a daily basis you would have forget how beautiful it is .

As i always said , Messi makes the extraordinary looks ordinary and this is sign of greatness. I understand why some people are ''bored' though. Nothing new here
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next