First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Messi's amazing form - Page 5 Empty Re: Messi's amazing form

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm

harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Really? Villa in his first and, especially, 2nd season until he got injured was missing chances like crazy.

If you have forgotten, here is probably the worst miss that I have ever seen..

He was sooo bad that I remember many wanted to sell him. They thought that his time at the top was over...

And dont forget that our greatest striker ever, Eto'o, was was awful in the 2nd half of the treble season..

Funny how fickle fans are..

Villa was great in his first season, what are you on?
He never missed like 5 tap ins in a row, and that chance is not even for Barça, it's a spain chance.

He was great at the start but then in the 2nd half of the season, he had the same problem that Eto'o got in his last season. But the thing is, he scored in the CL final so most people don't remember it..

If Alexis was able to finish with both his legs, score 9/10 tap ins, and score 20+ goals a season easily, believe me, I wouldn't criticze much if he had a couple of bad months per season.

What he misses regularly would be reason enough to be bashed at my amateur club, and I'm not joking. Today one of my teammates missed a tap in and almost everyone bashed him at the end of the game.

Last edited by free_cat on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:02 pm

sh.te goal, isn't it? hmm

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:05 pm

There are players that will be remembered for a long time, for their ability, genius moments, etc, Messi and Ronaldo are one of these. We should stop comparing them and enjoy their football. We are privileged to see 2 of the best players in the history of the game. ENJOY THEM !!!
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 pm

free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:"On the other hand, don't mention that Alexis should be sold. For some reason his constant floping and tap in missing is seen by many Barça posters as a "good sign" and a reason he should be a starter."

I didn't know people thought he should start.

I have seen forwards / wingers in a slump but I have never seen even bad player miss as many easy chances as Alexis this year. You can tell he wants to be taken out of the game a lot of the time.

I hate to cut on him because he does work hard but this isn't little league where you get a trying hard medal.

I counted 2 basically tap-in's today and another 2-3 VERY EASY chances. In fact I would say he had the 2 easiest chances of the match and he didn't get anywhere close to scoring.

And comparing him to Pedro I don't think is correct. IF Pedro doesn't play well he works hard just like Alexis but his passing is much much better. Alexis just passes it to the other team Mascherano style a couple times a game for no reason a lot of the time when we are attacking and in position to score. That is a very easy way to give away goals when playing for Barca.

Really? Villa in his first and, especially, 2nd season until he got injured was missing chances like crazy.

He was sooo bad that I remember many wanted to sell him. They thought that his time at the top was over...

And dont forget that our greatest striker ever, Eto'o, was was awful in the 2nd half of the treble season..

He never missed like 5 tap ins in a row, and that chance is not even for Barça, it's a spain chance.

Totally agree. Alexis' most amount of goals in a league season is 12. Please don't compare him to David Villa or Eto'o.

Both of them bring much more to the table then Alexis and have never been as bad as Alexis this season.

I'n not even exaggerating at all when I say I can't remember anyone miss more easy chances then him and it's not even close. Villa and Eto'o are much better. Not to mention Sanchez is pretty much in his prime right now, you would have to shoot Villa and Eto'o in the leg to have 12 goals in a full season in there prime on this Barca team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 pm

free_cat wrote:

If Alexis was able to finish with both his legs, score 9/10 tap ins, and score 20+ goals a season easily, believe me, I wouldn't criticze much if he had a couple of bad months per season.

What he misses regularly would be reason enough to be bashed at my amateur club, and I'm not joking. Today one of my teammates missed a tap in and almost everyone bashed him at the end of the game.

Well, I don't belive you and for good reasons if I might add. You hated Alexis even last season when he scored 2 goals against Real Madrid and was our 2nd top scorer or something, you didn't give him a break..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:08 pm

Messi's amazing form - Page 5 Messi-o

Thiago silva and david luis were clearly not taking this game seriously.

I mean , a Brazil vs Argentina friendly in the ME, who gives a ***? Rolling Eyes
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:10 pm

harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Well, I don't belive you and for good reasons if I might add. You hated Alexis even last season when he scored 2 goals against Real Madrid and was our 2nd top scorer or something, you didn't give him a break..

I never hated alexis from the start. Why would I?

Last season Alexis was average, at most, and I started disliking towards the end of the saeson because Pedro was benched in his favour, leading us to be knocked out in the Champions league.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Totally agree. Alexis' most amount of goals in a league season is 12. Please don't compare him to David Villa or Eto'o.

Both of them bring much more to the table then Alexis and have never been as bad as Alexis this season.

I'n not even exaggerating at all when I say I can't remember anyone miss more easy chances then him and it's not even close. Villa and Eto'o are much better. Not to mention Sanchez is pretty much in his prime right now, you would have to shoot Villa and Eto'o in the leg to have 12 goals in a full season in there prime on this Barca team.

Milan fans always talk about Robinho messing tap ins. Maybe Robinho can match Alexis but I kinda doubt it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:15 pm

free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Last season Alexis was average, at most, and I started disliking towards the end of the saeson because Pedro was benched in his favour, leading us to be knocked out in the Champions league.

Dude, you had a very bad attitude regarding Alexis from the very start. I can't belive that you are denying it Laughing

And Pedro was awful last season! It's his own damn fault that the was benched! I thought that the way he ended last season and started this one was a good sign, but then he stopped playing. Most games he has been invisible for the 90m..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Messi's amazing form - Page 5 Messi-golazo-o

shyte goalkeeping if u ask me :coffee:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:18 pm

harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

Dude, you had a very bad attitude regarding Alexis from the very start. I can't belive that you are denying it Laughing

And Pedro was awful last season! It's his own damn fault that the was benched! I thought that the way he ended last season and started this one was a good sign, but then he stopped playing. Most games he has been invisible for the 90m..

Maybe I had negative feeling about Alexis because he was overpriced, but was willing to give him the chance to impress. Failed miserably.

Pedro was bad last season but with him 180 minutes on the pitch vs. Chelsea instead of Missexis we would probably have another CL.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:

Where did I compare Alexis with those 2 greats?

You said that you had never seen a bad player miss as many easy chances, so I gave you 2 example where 2 superior players AND natural born finisher(unlike Sanchez) were missing just as many EASY CHANCES as a player who is not a natural born finisher.

Oh and I forgot Ibra..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:21 pm

gondov wrote:Messi's amazing form - Page 5 Messi-golazo-o

dat goal Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 pm

free_cat wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Maybe I had negative feeling about Alexis because he was overpriced, but was willing to give him the chance to impress. Failed miserably.

Pedro was bad last season but with him 180 minutes on the pitch vs. Chelsea instead of Missexis we would probably have another CL.

We would probably have another CL if Busquets could score an open goal at SB or if Messi wouldn't have missed the penalty...

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:22 pm

This is the best stuff you can find?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:25 pm

Messi's amazing form - Page 5 Messi-skill-against-rayo-o

Seriously whats Messi trying to do here ? A Bergkamp vs newcastle with 6 defenders in the box ? :facepalm:

He is clearly not at that God-like bergkamp level and achieves nothing by attemptng such a move.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:26 pm

comparing bergcamp with messi is just funny

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Dude, Diego Armando Maradona is a Messi hater. Whatever Messi goal/skill you show him, he will dismiss it. Now if Messi was an Arsenal player, he would most likely change his opinion. I still remember how he(and other arsenal fans) tried to tell me that Wilshere destroyed Xavi and Iniesta when they defeated us Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Messi's amazing form - Page 5 Messi-goal-o

No one takes Laliga defenders seriously.

Breath still not taken.Try again u lil midget !!
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Ronaldo does get marked almost as much as messi, but messi is easier to mark due to him playing in the center.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:36 pm

BTW, some of the previous posts Laughing

The things people do to discredit messi are sad really.
I thought ronaldo was the most hated on this forum.. slowly I am changing my mind.. both are hated almost as much.. :facepalm:

Last edited by Giggity5313 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Good lord, what a goal!
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:38 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:BTW, some of the previous posts Laughing

The things people do to discredit messi are sad really.

The sadder thing is people saying he is better than players they have never seen, like it's a fact.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Only Messi appreciation thread can turn into a sh!tfest for trolls.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Most important people that have seen Maradona and/or Pele and given their opinion on the matter, have said Messi is better. Fact.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next