The Messiah
la bestia negra
vizkosity
EarlyPrototype
Adit
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

"No body from Bayern supports Robben" says Van Bommel and Sneijder - Page 6 Empty Re: "No body from Bayern supports Robben" says Van Bommel and Sneijder

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 25, 2012 1:43 am

They really did look superior, but that doesn't help if you can't finish for shit. And Gomez always looks horrible, but at a certain point, numbers don't lie. The kid scored just too many goals. Yes he misses sitters, but he also gets in the position to have more tap-ins than anyone else because he has the best positioning of any penalty box poacher around these days.

And when counter-attacking, he's f*cking deadly. That's why I trust him with Germany, he just doesn't fit Bayerns system all that well...

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"No body from Bayern supports Robben" says Van Bommel and Sneijder - Page 6 Empty Re: "No body from Bayern supports Robben" says Van Bommel and Sneijder

Post by Abramovich Fri May 25, 2012 1:45 am

VivaStPauli wrote:They really did look superior, but that doesn't help if you can't finish for shit. And Gomez always looks horrible, but at a certain point, numbers don't lie. The kid scored just too many goals. Yes he misses sitters, but he also gets in the position to have more tap-ins than anyone else because he has the best positioning of any penalty box poacher around these days.

And when counter-attacking, he's f*cking deadly. That's why I trust him with Germany, he just doesn't fit Bayerns system all that well...

He can show me what he's made of in the Euros, since your the German go to guy on this forum it seems. Did Marin have a shite season or something? resulting in him not being called up to the squad?

Also his body stature really worries me somewhat, although if he's in the middle his small framing meaning his agility and low center of gravity might be a blessing in disguise.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri May 25, 2012 1:46 am

Bayern was better over the two legs, Madrid has better individual quality in players, but lacked balls and chemistry.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 25, 2012 1:57 am

Abramovich wrote:He can show me what he's made of in the Euros, since your the German go to guy on this forum it seems. Did Marin have a shite season or something? resulting in him not being called up to the squad?

Also his body stature really worries me somewhat, although if he's in the middle his small framing meaning his agility and low center of gravity might be a blessing in disguise.

Bremen has been plagued by bad luck and collapsing around him since last season. I'd say: Yes, he had a bad season, but there really isn't a way to tell if it was because he suddenly sukced, or because the entire club tanked.

I can tell you that he was a big part of the almost-spanking Bremen gave both Tottenham and Milan the season before last in the UCL qualifiers, when Bremen went out, having half their squad (not exaggerating) injured. He was beastly. And he still made Bundesliga team of the week a couple time this season, so I really think for the price Chelsea paid, you're getting reasonable quality.

I never saw Marin as a PL player due to his stature, laughably light frame etc., but he has got hte pace and technique, and he isn't more lightweight than Mata. His decision-making isn't great, but as a winger he is boss, and his dribbling and close-control are something that makes Brazilians and Spaniards envious.

If utilized correctly and played to his strengths, he can be deadly.

He just doesn't fit Germanys style and I think that's why he's not getting picked. Löw prefers direct wingers, converted strikers if possible, this instantly rules out Marin. Löw really does want converted strikers on the iwngs, like Podolski and Müller are, his next alternatives are Schürrle, a striker, and Reus and Götze, both midfielders with excellent finishing.

Marins finishing is decent, probably a tad above Özil, for example, but his footballing brain is meh, his decisionmaking just doesn't measure up, hence he sucks in a central position.

He is a great flair player and dribbling, assist-mongering winger, and if played as exactly that, I predict that he will not disappoint.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri May 25, 2012 2:05 am

Let's hope he's not the new Kalou (good skills shot brain), I've always assumed he was Mata back up due to him playing centrally this season (so I've been told and i did read his position stats somewhere).

You have got me somewhat more excited about him though now lol :bow:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri May 25, 2012 2:55 am

The Messiah wrote:Idiots fans are everywhere, like the ones who stupidly cheer a player who ruin their dreams.

I can't stand such fans, Sugar-Coating everything thinking it will make them feel better.

Fans are humans and anger should be showed when you feel upset, I don't know if stupid fans expect us to be excited with Robben

OH MY G..... affraid

Someone should post a new meme for this. :facepalm:

@Abramovich:Why not play Mata on the wing? hmm
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri May 25, 2012 3:43 am

Marin IMO is a failed prospect. He was hyped as the German Messi but his overall game is incomplete. He is like the German Elia. Dribbling,turning,speed only does not make you a great unless you know how to use it properly.

He will be good 30 minute impact player in Chelsea wants to fight for titles.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Fri May 25, 2012 4:16 am

Ohh I dont if this is the appropriate forum for this but since there is so much discussion about a missed Penalty.

Apparently new reports have surfaced which tells us that Robben actually offered Gomez the penalty in extra time,probably due to Cech knowing him so well.

Gomez apparently declined. Its good that he actually stepped up int he Final Shoot-out.

But I am tired of all this. Gomez declining the PK in Extra Time. Kroos saying he still has bad dreams about Madrid PK shoot-out miss & he is haunted about it. Tymo being a great PK taker & refusing to take it.

Atleast Robben stepped ahead,tried & failed. Anyways nothing much to add. This team must GET MENTALLY TOUGHER

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 25, 2012 10:56 am

Abramovich wrote:Let's hope he's not the new Kalou (good skills shot brain), I've always assumed he was Mata back up due to him playing centrally this season (so I've been told and i did read his position stats somewhere).

You have got me somewhat more excited about him though now lol :bow:

Marins footballing brain isn't great either, so be careful. I think he isn't a failure yet, though, and if the system supports him, he can still shine. He was absolutely great for Bremen when he played on the wing and had Özil in the center. If Mata plays centrally and Marin gets the wing, he can play on an internationa level.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri May 25, 2012 12:34 pm

meteormaker wrote:
@Abramovich:Why not play Mata on the wing? hmm

Mata defensively is rather MEHHH, like early on in the season when Cashley looked really horrible it was because Mata was infront of him. He does run around alot but he offers very little defensively and we saw Cash's form improve as Mata moved into the middle.

VivaStPauli wrote:

Marins footballing brain isn't great either, so be careful. I think he isn't a failure yet, though, and if the system supports him, he can still shine. He was absolutely great for Bremen when he played on the wing and had Özil in the center. If Mata plays centrally and Marin gets the wing, he can play on an internationa level.

Will see how he adapts, I don't think he'll be a starter myself. I saw him as a squad player, I still do but with what you told me I'm sure if he performs to his highest level he might become a regular. Let's hope he does a Cahill and performs better around better team mates, win win situation. I guess the philosophy of signing him and like De Bryune etc was that they are players with high potential like a lottery ticket, at a fairly moderate price if they boom then happy days if not then they can still be good squad players and it isn't like a ton of money has been spent.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Fri May 25, 2012 7:53 pm

hope he stays :sad:
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 25, 2012 11:37 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Ohh I dont if this is the appropriate forum for this but since there is so much discussion about a missed Penalty.

Apparently new reports have surfaced which tells us that Robben actually offered Gomez the penalty in extra time,probably due to Cech knowing him so well.

Gomez apparently declined. Its good that he actually stepped up int he Final Shoot-out.

But I am tired of all this. Gomez declining the PK in Extra Time. Kroos saying he still has bad dreams about Madrid PK shoot-out miss & he is haunted about it. Tymo being a great PK taker & refusing to take it.

Atleast Robben stepped ahead,tried & failed. Anyways nothing much to add. This team must GET MENTALLY TOUGHER

Lahm was meant to take that penalty, but Robben came up and cling to the ball right after Ribery got injured, Lahm was already at the sport-kick, but Robben just cam from nowhere.

Here is the Video dude

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri May 25, 2012 11:40 pm

and that was a lazy and bad penalty, looking at it makes me hate him more and more, but I guess that won't change anything now..

1 trick pony, too left footed
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat May 26, 2012 4:19 am

Before you type ridiculous atleast check it.

This video is rubbish because half of the time it is showing Ribery lying down & highlights of the penalty.

Apart from that you could see the ref saying Gomez go there,they are calling you. Before the penalty you could see Gomez walking over to Robben's side & they said something.

AND BTW LAHM WAS NEVER EVER MEANT to take that penalty. Lahm missed against Madrid & missed 2 out of 3 penalties prior to that. THAT & Heyneckes said he did not even practise penalties. So i anyone would taken it will be the Designated No.1 PK taker(Robben) or No.2 PK taker (Gomez).

Anyways it could be wrong about Robben offering Gomez the penalty,could be non-sense.

I am just posting what Merker Online has reported. It could be non-sense as well.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6