Who is Luuk De Jong?

+12
farfan
Lex
Myesyats
Sir Psycho
aford92
VanDeezNuts
Grande_Milano
Emaharg
archwooohh
fatman123
McLewis
Great Leader Sprucenuce
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Seriously i know nothing about him lol, just wondering because hes supposedly one of our targets.......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Great young striker from FC Twente. Has a twin brother, Siem, who plays for Ajax as an attacking mid.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12898
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:39 pm

McLewis wrote:Great young striker from FC Twente. Has a twin brother, Siem, who plays for Ajax as an attacking mid.

Yh i gathered that from the report should have asked for more detail Razz

Do you know what his skillsets are? i know he's 6 foot plus but thats about it lol.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by McLewis Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Had a good look at him for Twente in the CL last year.

His height makes him quite strong in the air and difficult to knock off the ball, but he's also got a very good touch on him in possession. When in form, he's incredibly clinical as well. His height can also be deceptive though as he does have a good burst of pace when he's in space too.

He's been woefully inconsistent though between then and now however.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 12898
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:47 pm

McLewis wrote:Had a good look at him for Twente in the CL last year.

His height makes him quite strong in the air and difficult to knock off the ball, but he's also got a very good touch on him in possession. When in form, he's incredibly clinical as well. His height can also be deceptive though as he does have a good burst of pace when he's in space too.

He's been woefully inconsistent though between then and now however.

Ok thanks brah, sounds like the type we want so it makes sense for him to be a target......

Apart of the inconsistency part ofcourse Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:51 pm

why is nobody interested in ricky van wolfswinkel?
imo if newcastle bought him in jan by the end of next season hed bench all their strikers!! except for ameobi like
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:53 pm

fatman123 wrote:why is nobody interested in ricky van wolfswinkel?
imo if newcastle bought him in jan by the end of next season hed bench all their strikers!! except for ameobi like

We were interested lol.....

Another one we missed out on because of our cheap owner :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
fatman123 wrote:why is nobody interested in ricky van wolfswinkel?
imo if newcastle bought him in jan by the end of next season hed bench all their strikers!! except for ameobi like

We were interested lol.....

Another one we missed out on because of our cheap owner :facepalm:

Evil or Very Mad 5.4mil euros, bloody ashley
still all is not lost, you never know what could happen, but imo when leaves sporting its going to be to a big club

farrrrrk 6 goals in 7 apperances for sporting and with four of the goals comming from 5 league appearances!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:03 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
fatman123 wrote:why is nobody interested in ricky van wolfswinkel?
imo if newcastle bought him in jan by the end of next season hed bench all their strikers!! except for ameobi like

We were interested lol.....

Another one we missed out on because of our cheap owner :facepalm:

Evil or Very Mad 5.4mil euros, bloody ashley
still all is not lost, you never know what could happen, but imo when leaves sporting its going to be to a big club

farrrrrk 6 goals in 7 apperances for sporting and with four of the goals comming from 5 league appearances!

LOL WUT?

We were quoted 9-10 million Sad iam very upset at his point Crying or Very sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
fatman123 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
fatman123 wrote:why is nobody interested in ricky van wolfswinkel?
imo if newcastle bought him in jan by the end of next season hed bench all their strikers!! except for ameobi like

We were interested lol.....

Another one we missed out on because of our cheap owner :facepalm:

Evil or Very Mad 5.4mil euros, bloody ashley
still all is not lost, you never know what could happen, but imo when leaves sporting its going to be to a big club

farrrrrk 6 goals in 7 apperances for sporting and with four of the goals comming from 5 league appearances!

LOL WUT?

We were quoted 9-10 million Sad iam very upset at his point Crying or Very sad

go back and look at all the players sporting bought in the off season, the vast majroty of them are top class/high potential players and all of them were bought for ~75% of whatd youd expect to pay for them, honestly whoever runs negotations for sporting is a god
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:40 pm

3.7mil euros for Jefferen
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/08/03/2603907/official-sporting-lisbon-secure-barcelonas-jeffren-for-37m
and they got diego capel for 3.5mil euros and insua on a free
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by archwooohh Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:42 pm

Would've benched Leon Best Laughing

van Wolfswinkel will move somewhere bigger in a couple of years he keeps that up...
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 228
Join date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Emaharg Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm a hooge fan of him.
Sort of like Bendtner but better in the air and better finisher.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 811
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:52 pm

archwooohh wrote:Would've benched Leon Best Laughing

van Wolfswinkel will move somewhere bigger in a couple of years he keeps that up...

I never said id bench Best i said id have him as rotation despite his record i still dont feel he's good enough to be a long term first choice centre forward......

Especially if we have aspirations to finish top 8 and have good cup runs......

We need another centre forward ( especially when you consider Demba Ba's injury record and african cup of nations)

I did say we should bench Ameobi fulltime though Laughing

Two centre forwards that can score is really not enough name me another club in the country who doesnt have 3 or 4 centre forwards apart from the struggling ones?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by archwooohh Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
archwooohh wrote:Would've benched Leon Best Laughing

van Wolfswinkel will move somewhere bigger in a couple of years he keeps that up...

I never said id bench Best i said id have him as rotation despite his record i still dont feel he's good enough to be a long term first choice centre forward......

Especially if we have aspirations to finish top 8 and have good cup runs......

We need another centre forward ( especially when you consider Demba Ba's injury record and african cup of nations)

I did say we should bench Ameobi fulltime though Laughing

Two centre forwards that can score is really not enough name me another club in the country who doesnt have 3 or 4 centre forwards apart from the struggling ones?

Wasn't referring to you, just to the idea that Best might not have had this start if van Wolfswinkel came Very Happy And don't bench Ameobi, he's like the only Newcastle player that I recognize has been there for so long... almost becoming like Ryan Giggs banana

I can see you guys spending someone in January if you're well into contention for a European spot though.
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 228
Join date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by fatman123 Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
archwooohh wrote:Would've benched Leon Best Laughing

van Wolfswinkel will move somewhere bigger in a couple of years he keeps that up...

I never said id bench Best i said id have him as rotation despite his record i still dont feel he's good enough to be a long term first choice centre forward......

Especially if we have aspirations to finish top 8 and have good cup runs......

We need another centre forward ( especially when you consider Demba Ba's injury record and african cup of nations)

I did say we should bench Ameobi fulltime though Laughing

Two centre forwards that can score is really not enough name me another club in the country who doesnt have 3 or 4 centre forwards apart from the struggling ones?

righto if we're not counting the struggling ones you can drop torres, and you could half drop drogba and anelka, after them all thats left it godridge
:facepalm: at selling borini

fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:09 pm

hes not going to newcastle
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:hes not going to newcastle

Like Cabaye was'nt? and like Coloccini was'nt? and like Ben Arfa was'nt? and like Santon was'nt?

banana

@fatman

I was referring to struggling clubs aka relegation candidates.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:52 pm

hes no siem.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Emaharg Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:16 pm

People seem to forget Newcastle has one major factor that lets them attract players, they are able to afford decent wages due to there stadium match day revenue.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Posts : 811
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Emaharg wrote:People seem to forget Newcastle has one major factor that lets them attract players, they are able to afford decent wages due to there stadium match day revenue.

I think our fanbase and facilities attract people more than anything else, as most players we sign are not really on high wages anymore, except for Coloccini......
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by aford92 Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Emaharg wrote:People seem to forget Newcastle has one major factor that lets them attract players, they are able to afford decent wages due to there stadium match day revenue.

I think our fanbase and facilities attract people more than anything else, as most players we sign are not really on high wages anymore, except for Coloccini......

And rightly so,

Who is Luuk De Jong? Fabricio-Coloccini-001

Look at that hair.

El Capitan :bow:
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 935
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Sir Psycho Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Both the De Jong brothers are great prospects. I guarantee they'll both be in Brasil come 2014.

@ McLewis there not actually twins. Smile
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1101
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

aford92 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Emaharg wrote:People seem to forget Newcastle has one major factor that lets them attract players, they are able to afford decent wages due to there stadium match day revenue.

I think our fanbase and facilities attract people more than anything else, as most players we sign are not really on high wages anymore, except for Coloccini......

And rightly so,

Who is Luuk De Jong? Fabricio-Coloccini-001

Look at that hair.

El Capitan :bow:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Coloccini > Puyol

Fact !
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68923
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Myesyats Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:24 am

Luuk makes Braithwaite look like Ronaldo Fenomeno. Its a sight to behold

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 17047
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Who is Luuk De Jong? Empty Re: Who is Luuk De Jong?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum