Marchisio compared to Marco Tardelli

Go down

Marchisio compared to Marco Tardelli  Empty Marchisio compared to Marco Tardelli

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:58 pm

As there are reports of interest from Manchester United, Claudio Marchisio is “moved” by comparisons to Juventus legend Marco Tardelli.

The midfielder is hot property now after scoring three goals in two games against Milan and Serbia.

According to caughtoffside.com, Manchester United are attempting an audacious £20m bid to prise him away in January.

It is highly unlikely Juve would release the 25-year-old, who grew up through the youth ranks and is a key figure in Antonio Conte’s squad.

“I am moved at the comparison with Tardelli,” said Marchisio after his fine performance against Serbia last night.

“He was one of the greats of Italian football. I hope to have a career where one day someone can say ‘that lad is the new Marchisio.’

“We stepped on to the field in Belgrade and told each other we’d play without fear. I was so concentrated that I didn’t even hear the crowd jeer the Italian anthem.”

He went off in the second half with a sprained ankle, but it does not appear to be serious.

“At the time I was very scared, but then it didn’t swell up very much, so the medics tell me that’s a good sign.”
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down