RealGunner
Ganso
Harmonica
windkick
Mr Nick09
44 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Where are the pass masters...? - Page 5 Empty Re: Where are the pass masters...?

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I would have also swapped Fabregas for Oezil in a heartbeat.

But then again we compare Cesc's average past 2 seasons to Oezil's awesome ones and it should be default.

Ozil was the most clinical final passer in Europe last season, by quite some margin. The numbers don't lie. Again this season he is way ahead of anyone in Madrid despite playing a weird deep AM role/winger for Madrid

I agree I wouldn't swap Cesc for Ozil for anything.

of course you would .......

Numbers don't lie Smile

What are the numbers for this season like?

For La Liga and Champions League this season only:

Ozil has 2.6 assists per game, 4 goal assists and 21 assists total

Next highest in Madrid is Benzema with 1.8 assists per game, 1 goal assist and 13 assists total

Fabregas is sitting at 1.7 assists per game, 4 goal assists (according to ESPN, 3 according to Opta for some strange reason) and 12 assists total

Back to top Go down

Where are the pass masters...? - Page 5 Empty Re: Where are the pass masters...?

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Fabregas is a very direct player, and this mold of Barcelona cannot play with a direct midfielder. Their direct players are mainly the attacking ones, which is why Fabregas won't perform so well in midfield and it's probably why Pep has him playing up front.
Now, how Cesc isn't a play-maker, how his dribbling and close control suck, how his off the ball running sucks etc. etc. is COMPLETELY beyond me. I'm sorry Mole, but those sound like very very ignorant statements.

I've seen Fabregas play for 8 years here. Watched him play every single match in the past 5 years, and most of what you're saying is just BS. How many assists from the halfway line does he have to make to be considered a play-maker? How many assists does he have to rack up to be considered one? He's a direct player, but that doesn't mean he's not as good as Xavi or Iniesta; he just has a different style and that's perfectly fine.

Do I need to post the youtube videos? Seriously, this is ridiculous. Can't run? Can't dribble? ISN'T A PLAYMAKER? GTFO.
Unless these are excellent attempts at trolling, I just can't see how any of it is true. This is just stupid
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Fab's CMs abilities can be based on that beautiful backpass he gifted Barca in that famous CL game.

Dont see how, considering that was in the final third of the pitch Very Happy
No he wasn't.

1:21.

Ingnore the music Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 pm

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

But then again we compare Cesc's average past 2 seasons to Oezil's awesome ones and it should be default.

Ozil was the most clinical final passer in Europe last season, by quite some margin. The numbers don't lie. Again this season he is way ahead of anyone in Madrid despite playing a weird deep AM role/winger for Madrid

Numbers don't lie Smile

Next highest in Madrid is Benzema with 1.8 assists per game, 1 goal assist and 13 assists total

Fabregas is sitting at 1.7 assists per game, 4 goal assists (according to ESPN, 3 according to Opta for some strange reason) and 12 assists total

Well I think it'd be better to look at all competitions.

Fabregas has played 25% less minutes that Ozil, yet has the same number of goal scoring assists and has six extra goals.

Numbers dont lie Smile
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Numbers don't lie Smile

Fabregas has played 25% less minutes that Ozil, yet has the same number of goal scoring assists and has six extra goals.

Numbers dont lie Smile

Read up my argument was Ozil was the best final passer in Europe last season

Hence the assist statistics, Madrid doesn't need anymore goalscorers we need playmakers and since this is a "pass master" thread again I say again I would not trade him for Cesc no matter what

Also theres only about 40mins difference in play time between them in UCL and La Liga

yawn....

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Numbers don't lie Smile

Numbers dont lie Smile

Hence the assist statistics, Madrid doesn't need anymore goalscorers we need playmakers and since this is a "pass master" thread again I say again I would not trade him for Cesc no matter what

Also theres only about 40mins difference in play time between them in UCL and La Liga

yawn....

I thought once I pointed out that Fabregas has been much better than Ozil this season, you might admit you'd swap him in a heartbeat.

But you've stuck to your guns. That's fair enough.

Lets see what the numbers say come the end of the season. You might change your mind then.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Numbers don't lie Smile

Numbers dont lie Smile

yawn....

I thought once I pointed out that Fabregas has been much better than Ozil this season, you might admit you'd swap him in a heartbeat.

Lets see what the numbers say come the end of the season. You might change your mind then.

Can't really compare 1 month in your right.

Fabregas will have alot more opportunities at Barcelona to get his numbers up the way they play football so it will be intriguing.

January and May are fair times to compare players, so we will look back at it then.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Numbers don't lie Smile

Numbers dont lie Smile

yawn....

Can't really compare 1 month in your right.

Fabregas will have alot more opportunities at Barcelona to get his numbers up the way they play football so it will be intriguing.

January and May are fair times to compare players, so we will look back at it then.
[u]

Agreed.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:58 pm

Off topic: Many of you need to check out my thread on learning how to properly quote users :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Iceman wrote:Fabregas is a very direct player, and this mold of Barcelona cannot play with a direct midfielder. Their direct players are mainly the attacking ones, which is why Fabregas won't perform so well in midfield and it's probably why Pep has him playing up front.
Now, how Cesc isn't a play-maker, how his dribbling and close control suck, how his off the ball running sucks etc. etc. is COMPLETELY beyond me. I'm sorry Mole, but those sound like very very ignorant statements.

I've seen Fabregas play for 8 years here. Watched him play every single match in the past 5 years, and most of what you're saying is just BS. How many assists from the halfway line does he have to make to be considered a play-maker? How many assists does he have to rack up to be considered one? He's a direct player, but that doesn't mean he's not as good as Xavi or Iniesta; he just has a different style and that's perfectly fine.

Do I need to post the youtube videos? Seriously, this is ridiculous. Can't run? Can't dribble? ISN'T A PLAYMAKER? GTFO.
Unless these are excellent attempts at trolling, I just can't see how any of it is true. This is just stupid

His dribbling and close control do suck and i never said he his off the movement in general is bad just that his off the movement in midfield which requires a more subtle movement is bad, there is no denying his movement in the final third is world class.....

When i say he's not a playmaker i meant hes not a playmaker from the middle of the pitch he wont dictate play from the middle, of course hes a great playmaker in the final third....

All iam really saying is that i dont consider him a pass master, because in my view he only really dominates in the final third in this aspect hes no more of a pass master than Messi is......

To be a pass master imv you have to dominate the other team with your presence and passing all over the pitch not just in the final third.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:25 pm

But he does that. Just because he doesn't do it the tikki-takka way doesn't mean that he doesn't do it at all. He did it at Arsenal, he did it HIS way. His movement in the midfield is class, it's not just his movement and passing in the final third. I'm going to bring out just two youtube videos:

Final third player? Hardly. He's just a direct player with amazing through balls and vision. Why are we holding that against him? Because he doesn't play tikki-takka football? Since when was that a requirement?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:28 pm

see what i did there?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:29 pm

2011/2012

- Fabregas played 9 matches (511 minutes) scored 5 goals & made 4 assists.

- Ozil played 10 matches (716 minutes) scored 1 goals & made 4 assists.

2010/2011

- Fabregas played 36 matches (2551 minutes) scored 9 goals & made 16 assists / average: Goal/Assist every 102 min.
- Ozil played 53 matches ( 3853 minutes) scored 10 goals & made 28 assists/ average: Goal/Assist every 101 minute!

So according to these stats, although Fabregas was underperforming becuz of injuries, still Fabregas was as gd as a fit Ozil LoOoOoOoOoL

----------------------

Fabregas is not a the CM Barca are searching for, i don't think he can replace Xavi.. Fabregas is doing great as a AM, he has a great final pass & 3-4-3 fits him..
IMO, Thiago is the future replacement for Xavi !!!

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:33 pm

how many assists and goals has Xavi had this season?being a excellent passer goes beyond the number of assists,another reason why its lol worthy calling a player like Rooney pass master...
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

Wow, how underrated is Cesc around here, lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Wow, how underrated is Cesc around here, lmao
He ain't, we're just establishing he's a crap CM, but great AM.

The bitchy nature on how he left Arsenal doesn't help, either.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Wow, how underrated is Cesc around here, lmao

Where are the pass masters...? - Page 5 Cookie-bite-webcopy

Aensensen :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:49 pm

@Mole, you dont think CEsc is capable of dictating the game from deeper in the middle and act like a field general? really?

He played AM by design with Arsenal, but he is more than able to do what you described.

He is a pass master because he dominates the game with his immaculate passing and positioning. His short comings are in different areas, and he is not playing deep because Wenger needed him higher.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:52 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:@Mole, you dont think CEsc is capable of dictating the game from deeper in the middle and act like a field general? really?

He played AM by design with Arsenal, but he is more than able to do what you described.

He is a pass master because he dominates the game with his immaculate passing and positioning. His short comings are in different areas, and he is not playing deep because Wenger needed him higher.

When Xavi retires and Thiago ends up replacing him and not Cesc and will bring this up again Very Happy

Cesc just isnt capable of being a field general, he doesnt have the skillsets required to do so.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:56 pm

come on mole, he does. Thiago is being bred into Xavi's position, it's only normal that it looks like a natural transition.

Cesc however entered his prime in england while playing AM, so his offensive weapons are more potent. I recall he started at Arsneal in a deeper role and was moved higher for the sake of the team.

He has enough baggage, but it's a matter of him not getting the opportunity.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:58 pm

I actually see Cesc as one of the few players in the world that excels at all passing categories... short linkups, medium passes and long passes. He has great vision from short to long depths. I rate him a much more complete playmaker and passer than Thiago honestly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:00 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:come on mole, he does. Thiago is being bred into Xavi's position, it's only normal that it looks like a natural transition.

Cesc however entered his prime in england while playing AM, so his offensive weapons are more potent. I recall he started at Arsneal in a deeper role and was moved higher for the sake of the team.

Opinions bro opinions, in my opinion he doesnt have the skillset to be a great CM and dont think he ever will but will most likely be remembered as one of the best AM's of his generation.....

Besides i hate him Very Happy

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:I actually see Cesc as one of the few players in the world that excels at all passing categories... short linkups, medium passes and long passes. He has great vision from short to long depths. I rate him a much more complete playmaker and passer than Thiago honestly.

who else of the same type do you see coming up?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:come on mole, he does. Thiago is being bred into Xavi's position, it's only normal that it looks like a natural transition.

Opinions bro, opinions in my opinion he doesnt have the skillset to be a great CM and dont think he ever will but will most likely be remembered as one of the best AM's of his generation.....

Laughing fair enough, when thiago falls out with you cules, you will have to rely on him though
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Opinions bro, opinions in my opinion he doesnt have the skillset to be a great CM and dont think he ever will but will most likely be remembered as one of the best AM's of his generation.....

Laughing fair enough, when thiago falls out with you cules, you will have to rely on him though

When Xavi goes 3-4-3 will be the permanent formation to compensate for the loss of Xavi so no falling out will take place Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:05 pm

please, do switch to a 343 Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next