Tomwin Lannister
MMM
DeviAngel
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chiellini advised to switch back  Empty Chiellini advised to switch back

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Former Juventus stopper Sergio Porrini believes Giorgio Chiellini should be transformed back into a left-back.

Centre-back Chiellini was used in the full-back role last night against Milan and Porrini, a former Italian international, is adamant that Sunday’s temporary measure could benefit Juve in the long term.

“Chiellini prefers to play centrally, but he performs better on the left side,” Porrini told Radio Sportiva.

“He has exceptional technical attributes that allow him to play up and down the flank for all of the 90 minutes.

“Yesterday, Andrea Barzagli did well in partnership with Leonardo Bonucci to stop the Milan attacks.

“I think Juventus may have found the right shape at the back.”

Chiellini started his career as a left-back, but was switched to the middle on a regular basis during Claudio Ranieri’s time in Turin.

Juve do have a shortage of left-back options given the presence of only Paolo De Ceglie and Fabio Grosso in the squad.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Chiellini advised to switch back  Empty Re: Chiellini advised to switch back

Post by MMM Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:17 pm

Its early to say Juve have found the right shape at the back considering milan's lack of creativity.only time will tell
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:08 am

Chiellini made me so confident in our left side. He even make a vital interception and tackle on Ibrahimovic. Goal.com seemed to take a shot at him going forward but I would rather have a defensively sound left back than one who is a beast going forward. I'll let Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio, Vucinic, Krasic, Pepe + sub forwards worry about attacking.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 am

For some games, absolutely.
I was talking about that backline long before Milan and how it would be hard to break down.

Again there is not enough CB depth to have Chiellini as a full time LB, if Rhodolfo comes there is a better chance but still.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:13 am

Barring any injuries, it's definitely a move we should continue with while we can. Hopefully, we can hold it together until January to add some CB depth.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:19 am

am I the only who noticed that Chiellini was CB to many times ? and that Pepe moved to LB like when he saved that goal lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:20 am

DeviAngel wrote:am I the only who noticed that Chiellini was CB to many times ? and that Pepe moved to LB like when he saved that goal lol

Chiellini was marking Ibrahimovic if I recall correctly

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:25 am

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:am I the only who noticed that Chiellini was CB to many times ? and that Pepe moved to LB like when he saved that goal lol

Chiellini was marking Ibrahimovic if I recall correctly

yes but he moved to CB to many times once he left ibra on his own and he had clear shot but pepe came back and blocked it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:48 am

Prandelli should try this out for Italy

Maggio - Bonucci - Barzagli - Chiellini

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:34 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Prandelli should try this out for Italy

He actually had Chiellini as LB once I remember
Bonucci-Ranocchia were in the middle

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 am

He played very well at left back...
That's the Chiellini we know & love...
It think it would be good as it will give Bonucci time to grow..
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 am

:lol!:

Wasnt Ranocchia a God a week or so ago?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:04 am

CroInter wrote:

:lol!:

Wasnt Ranocchia a God a week or so ago?

I think Antonio said something about Ranocchia not being there due to his red card or something?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:49 am

The game was against Germany, and Cassani was RB not Maggio.

As for Ranocchia, he's currently suspended for three games for insulting some officals. In which broke the code of ethics none sense from the National team in which he was not called. Barzagli replaced him for the mean time.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:40 am

Are you *bleep* kidding me? Chiellini lb for juve yes, but criscito is irreplacable at lb.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 am

zarola wrote:Are you *bleep* kidding me? Chiellini lb for juve yes, but criscito is irreplacable at lb.

This is true too. Criscito is a monster I would not want to see him benched.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:46 am

zarola wrote:Are you *bleep* kidding me? Chiellini lb for juve yes, but criscito is irreplacable at lb.

Luca wrote:

One great performance against Spain and out of a sudden he's amazing for you guys lol... Alright... Look, Criscito is a great fullback, but he's not as good as Zarola right now is hyping him of. His performance with Zenit have been slim to average. Balzaretti has been in more top form in the past year or so, anyways, wait until Santon comes around. He was great for New Castle the other day. Chiellini on the left, can be great as well. The more options the better.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:49 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

Luca wrote:

One great performance against Spain and out of a sudden he's amazing for you guys lol... Alright... Look, Criscito is a great fullback, but he's not as good as Zarola right now is hyping him of. His performance with Zenit have been slim to average. Balzaretti has been in more top form in the past year or so, anyways, wait until Santon comes around. He was great for New Castle the other day. Chiellini on the left, can be great as well. The more options the better.

Nah I've liked Criscito far before his great game against Spain but thanks for the update

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

Luca wrote:

criscito has always been great for italy and ive praised him before spain match. Balzaretti is a piece of shit 27 yr old waste of a calling. Criscito is young, quick and experienced. Chiellini on the left and then whatt? Barzagli Ranocchia? Slow and slower? Or Bonucci and Ranocchia ... put our countrys pride all on two 24 year olds with no experience...
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 am

Luca I know that, I mis-said what I wanted to say. I meant that to Zarola, because i know in the past you praised Criscito, and me agreeing with you that we should of kept him. The point I'm trying to say is, yes he is a great fullback, but not the best currently.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 am

Oh and i find it hard to believe youve watched all of zenits matches...
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 am

zarola wrote:
criscito has always been great for italy and ive praised him before spain match. Balzaretti is a piece of shit 27 yr old waste of a calling. Criscito is young, quick and experienced. Chiellini on the left and then whatt? Barzagli Ranocchia? Slow and slower? Or Bonucci and Ranocchia ... put our countrys pride all on two 24 year olds with no experience...

Always been great? False. In the World Cup, he was one of the biggest flops. But if we speak of fullbacks, Maggio actually impressed in the World Cup. Agreed, Balzaretti is old and we should go on with Criscito, but right now, nobody is better than them... Santon will come up soon though, no need to worry there. But your hatrad to Balzaretti is fine, because I myself dispize him, but I don't doubt his skill. Just last season he was rated one of Serie A's best Left backs. So that says a lot for him already.

Zarola, you do fail to realize that most CB's in the world are slow and Chiellini being very slow lol. Great player, World Class I might add, one of the best on the planet. Ranocchia slow? So...? The guy is a monster nonetheles... and Barzagli? What happend to you praising him... My point is Zarola... all of them are slow, makes no difference.

Bonucci and Ranocchia no experience? hmm... Well first off, Bonucci was part of the World Cup Squad. Second, Bonucci and Ranocchia had the BEST defensive record with Bari two years ago... They have tremendous chemistry and communications and them two as center backs are already good for Italy as they proven to be one of the best partnerships in the past. Refer to Germany game please, and tell me how that went. Chiellini was a beast in LB and Bonucci and Ranocchia were Wall's in the center.

zarola wrote:Oh and i find it hard to believe youve watched all of zenits matches...

Well for starters, no offense, but you beliving me is irrelavent, if you don't believe me then you can go watch them and see lol. How do I watch them? Simple, by downloading the games off FBTZ or Sport HD Torrents. How else do I track him? By following his stats on SKY. How many tackles won, fouls, assists, etc... and lastly ratings that RAI show.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:30 am

You judge maggio based on 45 minutes of the world cup. And criscito had an absolutely fantastic world cup, thats how i became a fan. His job is to defend, right? Go find me a goal against that was his fault... now go find me goals that were chiellinis fault, youd be surprised to find out chiellini *bleep* up and criscito never did.

Nothing against Barzagli... nothing against ranocchia, fantastic players but theyre too similar...imo barzagli is the best cb in italy, but beside ranocchia hed be awful...

Chiellini isnt slow, hes one of the fastest cbs in the world.

And if youd trust a guy who scored an own goal in champions league and a weak link in juves cb pairing last year to hold italys defense together a year later because two years ago they did good at bari, youre a moron.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 am

zarola wrote:You judge maggio based on 45 minutes of the world cup. And criscito had an absolutely fantastic world cup, thats how i became a fan. His job is to defend, right? Go find me a goal against that was his fault... now go find me goals that were chiellinis fault, youd be surprised to find out chiellini *bleep* up and criscito never did.

Nothing against Barzagli... nothing against ranocchia, fantastic players but theyre too similar...imo barzagli is the best cb in italy, but beside ranocchia hed be awful...

Chiellini isnt slow, hes one of the fastest cbs in the world.

And if youd trust a guy who scored an own goal in champions league and a weak link in juves cb pairing last year to hold italys defense together a year later because two years ago they did good at bari, youre a moron.

Had an absolutely fantastic World Cup? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zarola, either your delusinoal, biased or you have no idea what your talking about. Bro, I can show you vids, where fans even say that Criscito has a horrible World Cup, you're the only person on this planet that I know that thinks he had a great World CUP LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Chiellini is slow just like most of the others.

Yes I'm might be a moron, this coming from a guy who denied a long time ago about Cassano's hype and Abate's hype, in which Abate is needed more then when we needed Cassano more in the past. No offense, but that is a moron. Bonucci is a future prospect, and a future player for Italy. You can't deny that, though... did you forget Ranocchia own goal?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:02 am

I dont understand your last paragraph at all... rephrase it. Remember ranocchias own goal? Yeah I think I do thats why I mentioned it.

Chiellini is fast. I dont get where you think hes slow.

Opinionated fans are not reasonable arguments to prove a point.

Lets analyze our goals against.

Cannavaro/De Rossi fault... poor positioning and didnt put off alcarez well enough.

Cannavaro/Gilardino fault.

Goal 1 ... de rossi giveaway, poor chiellini decision, poor goalkeeping marchetti
Goal 2... criscito is now subbed off, chiellini and marchetti fault
Goal 3... cannavaro chiellini and marchetti

So where did criscito do bad?

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content