lenear1030
Sri
Amar
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rant Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 am

We bid £20mil for M'Vila, didn't we? And supposedly bid £35mil for Götze. So we were seemingly prepared to pay big money for these guys.

The board gets a lot of criticism - most of it justified, granted - but if they were so caught up in their youth project then why would do they greenlight the signings of Arteta, Benayoun, Andre Santos, Mertesacker and Park? The youngest player there is Park at 26.

As for Wenger: I'm talking more about the immediate short term i.e. the remaining years Wenger has on his current contract. Like it or not, he's here to stay for a few more years yet and we cannot rule out the posibillity of us returning to the top four. This season could very turn out to be an anomoly.

Even without him though, I still feel we can attract good players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:18 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:We bid £20mil for M'Vila, didn't we? And supposedly bid £35mil for Götze. So we were seemingly prepared to pay big money for these guys.

The board gets a lot of criticism - most of it justified, granted - but if they were so caught up in their youth project then why would do they greenlight the signings of Arteta, Benayoun, Andre Santos, Mertesacker and Park? The youngest player there is Park at 26.

As for Wenger: I'm talking more about the immediate short term i.e. the remaining years Wenger has on his current contract. Like it or not, he's here to stay for a few more years yet and we cannot rule out the posibillity of us returning to the top four. This season could very turn out to be an anomoly.

Even without him though, I still feel we can attract good players.

them lot were all panic buys...the board spent the entire summer doing nothing then after the old trafford massacre they decided to something about the squad, if they really wanted Gotze or Mvilla they would have been after them as soon as the window open instead of waiting till deadline day.

lol don't get me starting on the Park signing Laughing he is on a two year deal to offer us more mid table-ish quality .....Wenger's hardly used him, could have used him today when we needed a goal yet he shoved Mertesacker up pront Laughing

Last edited by gunnerlistick on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:21 am

Panic buys or not, they still saw the need to buy experienced playes because they knew the club was in trouble. If they were so wrapped up in their youth project, then surely they wouldn't have spent any money at all on deadline day.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:27 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Panic buys or not, they still saw the need to buy experienced playes because they knew the club was in trouble. If they were so wrapped up in their youth project, then surely they wouldn't have spent any money at all on deadline day.

yes but what worries me is if we din't slaughtered against Yanited...they wouldn't have done anything about it No
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 am

I wanna see what we're gonna do in the january transfer window. I know AW WILL buy someone good.

Also a guestion to all fans: If Ramsey could become as good as Song is today but in the free role position, would you stick with Ramsey in the starting 11?

EDIT: I mean putting him in starting 11 so he can become as good as Song
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:46 am

I would like to know what Wenger and board planning for future. You cant fill squad with talented, but inexperienced youngsters all the time, in the end of the day team with more established players like Chelsea or United takes trophees. I miss times when Arsenal had WC players at many positions, and did not scrap the squad like in post-Henry era.

1) Trust Wenger, encourage him to spend
2) Sack Wenger, hire coach prepared to spend
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 am

One.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:04 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:One.

yet, i dont get why he did not go for them this summer. He had board backing him, a decent transfer kitty. It was pretty obvious Fabregas will leave, they decided not to raise Nasri salary, so him. Debt is low, almost cleared, and only good players he gets Arteta and Gerv.

1) Andre Santos-decent player, lacks defensive capabilities, never a sub for Clichy. I ll let it slide to Arsen.
2) Arteta-never a sub for Fabregas, seems good, but dont expect magic here.
3) Gerv-great sub for Nasri
4) Mertesacker-decent defender, needs a solid partner in Verm.

Still: no back up CBs (good ones), only ok back up FB is Gibbs (see how these youngsters settle, not problem area), no Fab real replacement, and a lack of good RVP-sup. Winter before FFP should be an explosion on market, otherwise I dont know, it ll be painful.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:12 am

Not to raise Nasri's salary?
Do we even have anyone over the 100k mark?
He's getting paid 180k at City, we can't argue with that.
I don't think Clichy should have left :L
Heyhey, maybe we'll start winning if FFP works properly cheers

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:15 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:Not to raise Nasri's salary?
Do we even have anyone over the 100k mark?
He's getting paid 180k at City, we can't argue with that.
I don't think Clichy should have left :L
Heyhey, maybe we'll start winning if FFP works properly cheers

But before FFP, Wenger could ve killed with transfer signings, and save himself for all these problems. In FFP, you will have weaker top teams: no spending Cities and Reals, but you also have to go cheap, and clubs would be less wanting to sell since prices will be lower. If Wenger doesnt spend this window, he might face a rebuilding-painful season (upcoming one).
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:49 am

But we had debt from the stadium before, couldn't spend too much D<

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:55 am

15th on the table.......
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:45 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
VanPersecutor wrote:How about we wait and judge Ramsey when:

(a) He's playing a higher up the pitch
(b) Has more creative freedom than he does now?

Even Fabregas struggled when he had to track back and defend ffs..

cesc didnt struggle at all vp, he had injuries that affected him but when ever he played he was our main man. dont compare fab to ramsey please. fact is ramsey wont do shit if he was given a more advanced role because his final ball is just not good enough. we need to give him time to get back to his pre injury form, because he sucks soo bad atm. he should be in our first team, and he wont when willy comes back.

I'm sure you remember the season Ramsey broke his leg? He was outstanding, making first team appearances left, right and centre. Even after his injury, he was outstanding at Cardiff. He has been amazing for Wales more often than not. If that doesn't scream out talent, I don't know what does.

All of our players struggled yesterday. It's unfair to criticise only Ramsey, even though he was shit, but still a little better than others around him.

Give him time and his proper position. If he doesn't perform then, all your criticism is justified.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2