18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rant Thread Empty Rant Thread

Post by Amar Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Just let it out.

What's pissing you off?

Let me start.

Ramsey. Was piss poor the first half, and when he scored that goal I thought it might revive him. Obviously it didnt. He actually has declined in my eyes. He was alot better before his horror injury.

Walcott had two chances in the first half, then totally went MIA. Against quick defenders he's so meh. He shouldn't be a penicilled in start and should have the super sub role for now

Gervinho miss :facepalm:

Oh, and of course Mike Dean. I didn't know the rules had changed where players were allowed to use their arms to bring the ball down...or go into the crowd and celebrate without getting carded?

Well done.

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Rant Thread Empty Re: Rant Thread

Post by Sri Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:15 pm

^^ Summed it up.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:22 pm

the thing is, this has been ramsey all season sans his CL games (Udinese away, and Olympiakos) and those games he was just okay

he lacks any sort of presence on the ball whatsoever. doesnt even run at defenders, gives balls away like a charity, sits on the ball too long most of the time, i could go on and on.

he's slowly becoming Denilson out there. its just sad
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:48 pm

All is not lost fellow gunners. as for Ramsey, he is still young, he cant gets worse than he already is. one thing i hate about the guy though is that everytime he gets the ball, he tries to be a Xavi and turns countlessly, i dont know if its his style or if its lack of confidence because of the injury, but it is so annoying.

as i said in the prediction thread, we are not ready yet, but we are getting there. after we equalised, i got a feeling we were gonna everun them, and there was a period which we did this for like 3-5 minutes, but as usual, our second half bl**p continued.

so all in all, despite our obvious poor defending, i was happy with our perfomance today, i do not see a reason for ranting, its one of those games which could have gone either way. even our passing was exceptional at times, tbh, there were a lot of positives today as compared to all our other games this season.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:58 pm

I dont think there are much positives.. But we were against a better side in form at the moment... And i expected this to happen.. We must give them some more matches...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenris Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:03 pm

How about we wait and judge Ramsey when:

(a) He's playing a higher up the pitch
(b) Has more creative freedom than he does now?

Even Fabregas struggled when he had to track back and defend ffs..
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:10 pm

VanPersecutor wrote:How about we wait and judge Ramsey when:

cesc didnt struggle at all vp, he had injuries that affected him but when ever he played he was our main man. dont compare fab to ramsey please. fact is ramsey wont do shit if he was given a more advanced role because his final ball is just not good enough. we need to give him time to get back to his pre injury form, because he sucks soo bad atm. he should be in our first team, and he wont when willy comes back.

Last edited by RedEyesWhiteBeard on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:14 pm

After seeing score: Sad Mad

Just about to come on here to rant drinking Evil or Very Mad

Saw Sri's sig: Smile banana

AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:21 pm

*looks at league table*

games played 7 goals conceded 16....

:facepalm:
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:32 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

cesc didnt struggle at all rg, he had injuries that affected him but when ever he played he was our main man. dont compare fab to ramsey please. fact is ramsey wont do shit if he was given a more advanced role because his final ball is just not good enough. we need to give him time to get back to his pre injury form, because he sucks soo bad atm. he should be in our first team, and he wont when willy comes back.

????
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:45 pm

The overall lack of drive and ruthlesness.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:58 pm

mzamani wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

cesc didnt struggle at all rg, he had injuries that affected him but when ever he played he was our main man. dont compare fab to ramsey please. fact is ramsey wont do shit if he was given a more advanced role because his final ball is just not good enough. we need to give him time to get back to his pre injury form, because he sucks soo bad atm. he should be in our first team, and he wont when willy comes back.

????

lol my mistake Razz
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:41 pm

i said ages ago Ramsey should not be starting for us, hes a ball hog, gives the ball away too easily, not creative enough and people thought i was talking smack

hes just not good enough at present and its too much for him to be expected to be a major part of our team right now

why Wenger banked on him for this season is beyond me the dude has just come out of a massive injury
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Give him time he will learn....its not like we can afford any top class midfielder at the moment, we are stuck with Aaron so get behind him
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:29 pm

I always said that Ramsey was never fit to tie fabregas's shoes and i lol'd at the wilshere vs ramsey comparison last season.

guys ffs i hate seeing our squad going downhill like that. He's a SQUAD player. Average, decent but not a starter.

another thing it was disappointing to see for the first time in my life how good tottenham's squad was compared to ours.
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:53 pm

yes but Aaron is what 20 years old plus he is nothing like Cesc and he shouldn't be starting for big club like Arsenal but he is playing because of "project youth"

So don't blame him...blame the guy that's giving him game time, despite not be ready to shoulder such heavy responsibility in midfield
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:57 pm

We're heading towards a massive lose-lose situation.

If we don't get 4th, I'm sure the board will be looking to balance the books first and will hardly spend.

And if by some miracle we do spend, who the hell are we going to attract with our Europa League footy?

The dream of Hazard in an Arsenal shirt may be over.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:04 pm

In Ramsey's defense...

He had too much responsibility on his shoulders with new teammates, etc..

I say, we suck as a team and that is even more worrying for me.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:13 pm

"Oh, and of course Mike Dean. I didn't know the rules had changed where players were allowed to use their arms to bring the ball down...or go into the crowd and celebrate without getting carded?"

You can't do that in England? Lack of passion :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:18 pm

the_gooner wrote:We're heading towards a massive lose-lose situation.

If we don't get 4th, I'm sure the board will be looking to balance the books first and will hardly spend.

And if by some miracle we do spend, who the hell are we going to attract with our Europa League footy?

The dream of Hazard in an Arsenal shirt may be over.

tough tough times ahead..... that's what worries, why would a top player or even a top prospect sign for us at the moment Embarassed
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Since when did we sign genuine, top class players, anyway? You know how we work when it comes to transfer. We buy from smaller leagues and smaller clubs.

Incidentally, one bad season isn't going to undo several years of being one of the best clubs in the country. We can't say for sure that should we finish outside the top four this season, it's going to be that way the season after. We might not even finish outside the top four this season. I know that sounds like a farfetched idea at this point, and personally I don't think we will do it either, but given that we've played seven league games so far, it is still a posibillity.

In any case, I can still see good players wanting to join Arsenal and top young talent aren't always hyped to be some form of wonderkid.

Really, the day Arsenal has lost it's appeal to top young talent is the day one of our young emerging talents decides to move to another club like United, Chelsea, Liverpool or City. And it's difficult to see this happening now, so I'm not panicing at the moment.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:38 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Since when did we sign genuine, top class players, anyway? You know how we work when it comes to transfer. We buy from smaller leagues and smaller clubs.

Incidentally, one bad season isn't going to undo several years of being one of the best clubs in the country. We can't say for sure that should we finish outside the top four this season, it's going to be that way the season after. We might not even finish outside the top four this season. I know that sounds like a farfetched idea at this point, and personally I don't think we will do it either, but given that we've played seven league games so far, it is still a posibillity.

In any case, I can still see good players wanting to join Arsenal.

You can argue that we don't sign the so called big money signing but we have always been able to attract top prospect like Adebayor,Nasri,Vermaelen etc why ?? because we have been able to be among the elite of Europe and English football with our performances on the pitch plus we had world class players in the team like Henry, Cesc,RVP,.

at the moment as a youngster or a top prospect why would you want to sign for this Arsenal team ?? to play with whom ?? Song, Chamack ,Jenkinson Laughing Laughing

If we don't get in the champions league it will not only affect our budget but our reputation will take a battering.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Adebayor wasn't what I'd call a "top prospect" when we signed him. Playing up-front for an average Moncaco side with a couple of goals in about thirty appearances? Yeah, that doesn't constitute a top talent. He was a diamond in the rough who jumped at the chance to move to Arsenal because his career was going nowhere in France.

Vermaelen wasn't a young talent when we signed him. At 23 he was pretty close to being the finished article. Besides that, playing in England is a big step-up from playing in Eredivisie. If Bryan Ruiz can go from title-winning FC Twente to Fulham, then surely we'd be able to sign players from the likes of Ajax, Twente and PSV as well? Newcastle managed to sign Yohann Cabaye from a title-winning Lille, too.

Nasri signed knowing that playing for Arsenal under Wenger would be greatly beneifical for his development.

The thing is, regardless of whether we have Champions League football or not, young talents will still join because they know Wenger gives opportunities to younger players and they know players have succeeded here.

Tottenham were only a UEFA Cup side when they signed Modric, who was a top talent at the time. And they managed to sign Sandro, who was being chased by a lot of big clubs, despite only just entering the Champions League for the first time.

So I'm not seeing us finishing outside the top four as a major deterrent for attracting players, since we can still offer players a lot. And I like to think that the board would try harder to get back into the top four, considering they've been relying on it for so long.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Adebayor wasn't what I'd call a "top prospect" when we signed him. Playing up-front for an average Moncaco side with a couple of goals in about thirty appearances? Yeah, that doesn't constitute a top talent. He was a diamond in the rough who jumped at the chance to move to Arsenal because his career was going nowhere in France.

Vermaelen wasn't a young talent when we signed him. At 23 he was pretty close to being the finished article. Besides that, playing in England is a big step-up from playing in Eredivisie.

Nasri signed knowing that playing for Arsenal under Wenger would be greatly beneifical for his development.

The thing is, regardless of whether we have Champions League football or not, young talents will still join because they know Wenger gives opportunities to younger players and they know players have succeeded here.

Tottenham were only a UEFA Cup side when they signed Modric, who was a top talent at the time. And they managed to sign Sandro, who was being chased by a lot of big clubs, despite only just entering the Champions League for the first time.

So I'm not seeing us finishing outside the top four as a major deterrent for attracting players, since we can still offer players a lot. And I like to think that the board would try harder to get back into the top four, considering they've been relying on it for so long.

Scum only signed them lot because they have Levy who loves the club and he is a very ambitious guy...can you really see our board forking a bit of wonga to go get us a gotze or hazard or a jovetic ?? Suspect

them guys are all wrapped up into project youth and financial fair play.

and Wenger is going to be around for ever ?? what about when he goes, are we still going to rely on him to attract top players ?? i don't like where the club is heading... its worrying

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:05 am

We bid £20mil for M'Vila, didn't we? And supposedly bid £35mil for Götze. So we were seemingly prepared to pay big money for these guys.

The board gets a lot of criticism - most of it justified, granted - but if they were so caught up in their youth project then why would do they greenlight the signings of Arteta, Benayoun, Andre Santos, Mertesacker and Park? The youngest player there is Park at 26.

As for Wenger: I'm talking more about the immediate short term i.e. the remaining years Wenger has on his current contract. Like it or not, he's here to stay for a few more years yet and we cannot rule out the posibillity of us returning to the top four. This season could very turn out to be an anomoly.

Even without him though, I still feel we can attract good players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next