Sir Psycho
Shamirr
fatman123
pUsHa
shinigami99
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Particle faster than speed of light:O - Page 2 Empty Re: Particle faster than speed of light:O

Post by Zealous Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:47 am

Don't get too excited lads, nothing is official yet, the only ones talking about it ATM are Journalists.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Particle faster than speed of light:O - Page 2 Empty Re: Particle faster than speed of light:O

Post by Eman Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:18 pm

SCIENCE!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:23 am

And i thought Einstein was ultimate genious :facepalm:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:51 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
I-no wrote:
teague wrote:
I-no wrote:
teague wrote:
I-no wrote:I just read on yahoo.de fascinatig!!!
teague wrote:
Kevacious wrote:The interesting thing is, E=mc^2 has worked correctly for over a century now. For example, it was used to calculate energy outputs of nuclear bombs to great accuracy.

Personally, I think that this formula applies to MOST forms of matter, not ALL. Just because neutrinos don't obey this law doesn't mean that other forms of matter don't.

The problem now is that E=mc^2 isn't the holy grail in physics anymore. It is now a sub-formula in the GUT. In other words, Einstein's work is being superceded by other theories (aka M-theory). Just like how Newton's work became superceded by Einstein etc.

Anyway, this discovery is truly fascinating. Kudos to the scientists at CERN.

M-theory is just a hypothesis. Nobody has yet found a way (experimentally) to prove that the theory is completely true.
true, they didnt give any proofs concerning m-theory.

teague, what do you about nuclear fusion? two hydrogen molecules fuse to helium. from start, 4 protons and 4 electrons fuse, yet afterwards you get 2 neutrons, 2 electrons and 2 neutrons. the funny part, overall helium weighs less than 2 hydrogen molecules, it means matter was transformed into energy. Im interested to know whether people experimented to make mass out of energy, like reversing this process which is very common in stars of universe. if you could reverse, universe would have poetentially unbelievable amout of mass which isnt even detected..........

People ARE interested in converting mass into energy. That's why governments are funding fusion energy research.

Regarding M-theory, fancy mathematical proof exists but not experimental proof.
I kno what people are interested in but if a scientist manages to create matter out of energy, imagine the aftereffects! nuclear fusion is proven already but not the other way around.
could you give me a link to the proof of m-theory?

I think there is a confusion here.

Fusion energy is the product of converting mass into energy. In fact, experiments of "mass into energy conversion" have been around for a long time since the first Tokamak reactor that was built in the 50's.

For the prove of M-theory you'll have to obviously search for Ed Witten's paper. Try arxiv.org.

Some quote: ...

http://library.thinkquest.org/17940/texts/binding_energy/binding_energy.html

"The key concept behind the release of energy in fusion (and fission) reactions is binding energy. Binding energy is the energy that is lost when a nucleus is created from protons and neutrons. If you added up the total mass of the nucleons (protons and neutrons) that compose an atom, you would notice that this sum is less than the actual mass of the atom. This missing mass, called the mass defect, is a measure of the atom's binding energy."
no confusion, you didnt understand me. I know, mass-> energy processes exist already. I'm looking for energy-> mass conversion. imagine if someone proves the later, tada! hahahaha

Energy conversion to mass is the basic theory of the creation of the universe.
basic assumtion! show a process which coverts energy into mass. whats so hard to understand, I wrote like 10 times. a process which could convert energy in mass!
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum