VivaStPauli
the xcx
Onyx
83 posters

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Go down

Mesut Ozil discussion - Page 32 Empty Re: Mesut Ozil discussion

Post by chad4401 Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 pm

its a mistake cause isco is not good enough, people on here need to admit that and stop praising every litte control or dribble, this is the second time he is getting dropped out the team this season already, he can't function cause too many better players are around him and he can't adjust.

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:51 pm

Yes, Isco has n't been great lately. But how does it make selling Ozil good/bad. I don't think we really miss Ozil.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:11 pm

We don't miss Ozil? I've lost count of how many players we have been linked to (some we don't even need) and I see the reasoning from some posters which is "Big players at Madrid is never a bad thing" or "more talented players the better" etc etc

Ozil is a player who should have never been given a reason to leave.

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:22 am

I like Ozil. But I think you should watch EPL more. Ozil lately at Arsenal lost his steam already and in big matches - no where to be seen. Much the same like he was at Madrid.

He was not happy at Madrid and He choose to leave and RM let him. An unhappy player would have performed better than his last season? - I doubt. Get over it.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:28 pm

What led to Ozil being unhappy in the first place? You say Ozil lost steam, but where is Isco's steam?

I'm over it it's already been done and nothing is going to change that. I'm just surprised at how many posters he just brush him off and think him being sold is no big deal.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:22 pm

well it isn't is it?

Isco does not run out of steam he just disappears and starts going solo. Ozil literally can't breathe after the 60th minute. Where would ozil play in our 4-3-3?? CM?? God forbid. LF?? Couldn't do that either. In the end we did the right thing because he is not very versatile. its either AM or bust

we are a point behind the leaders and have arguably an easier schedule than them so things are looking bright for us. Also this is the first tine we have kept a clean sheet in 5 consecutive games since as long as I can remember. pretty good imo

I am more confident about cl this season than I was last. Says it all really
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:33 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:What led to Ozil being unhappy in the first place?
It was reported he had grown greedy(along with his father ) asking for wages on par with CR7 and with a better contract. RM was n't ready for that. Also he had an erratic life style to which RM objected. All in all looked like he listened to his father more and felt RM is giving him a raw deal.

FalcaoPunch wrote:You say Ozil lost steam, but where is Isco's steam?
What has Isco got to with this discussion?

FalcaoPunch wrote:
I'm over it it's already been done and nothing is going to change that. I'm just surprised at how many posters he just brush him off and think him being sold is no big deal.
Good. He was good to have, but not a must have.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:21 pm

What does Isco, a CAM brought in to "replace" Ozil, have to do with Ozil? :facepalm:

What reports of an erratic lifestyle? Wanting to get paid more is an issue? Di Maria requested a salary increase as well. I understand Ozil's father was very problematic and I believe he is no longer his agent which is a good thing.

We'll move on and he was great to have. It's just that his move away from Madrid shouldn't have happened.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:42 pm

With every coach, comes in a new sets of ideas. Özil was not in Carlos plans so he was sold, Ancelotti could have found him a place in the midfield instead we are custom to seeing Di maria despite being absolute horrible at it and does not have any traits of what an midfielder should have.

Özils loss has been noted and moaned about but then again we only play for results.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 pm

"erratic lifestyle"

some of us seem to know more about the happenings of footballers lives more the footballers themselves.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:39 am

Like some of the Ozil fan boys here, Arsenal miss him too.

Joke in London is that Ozil is sorely missed in 2014 or he is so lazy that he only turns up after the match Razz
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:47 am

you comparing arsenals front line to madrids? Laughing ozil>isco son
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:03 am

@chad4401 - What's your point?
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:36 am

the point is ozil is as good as the attack in front of him, and the last pages is a comparison between the 2, so no matter how ozil is doing in arsenal he still>the mega flop

.....just saying
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:06 am

"It's never Ozil's fault" you're applying your Benz tactic on Ozil now.

It's not his fault that he's barely pressing, barely tracking back. but when CR doesn't press and help the defenders it's his fault, so much double standard.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:21 am

sometimes i feel when players leave madrid, it might be best that their threads close, with the exception of players who have served at the cub for a while and have attained legendary status....with regards this ozil talk, we all know of ozil's main problem, getting tired after an hour and being immobilized to some extent against stellar opposition...arsenal fans are finding that out. if ozil was here though, unless carlo utilized a 4 2 3 1 formation, ozil would be where isco is....on the bench. but ozil isn't here, isco is, we can't keep whining about ozil's exit. isco is young, he's 21, i always expected him to be a sub when we signed him...we are not arsenal, we will not sign a descent or an above average player and put all our hopes on him ....i think its wrong to view isco as ozil's replacement just cos they play the same position....isco i think is more of a long term plan. i never saw him as coming here to play the same role he played at malaga
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:30 am

So instead of one mercurial talent on the bench (Isco), we would have two mercurial talents on the bench (Isco and Ozil) because surely Ozil wasn't making the starting 11 the way Carlo has RM playing.

Yes, he wouldn't have started. Particularly with the form and work rate of both Jese and Bale on the wings. He can't play CM so don't even bother there and we don't use AM's in the normal sense.

Where else?! He ain't taking Ronaldo's spot so forget that and the Billy goat is a much better F9 than Ozil so that isn't open. Faced it, the Ozil transfer has worked out great for Ozil and fine so far for Real Madrid.

As for Isco, he is currently on the bench so that should tell you how his season is currently going...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:44 am

@pedram smh madrid attackers>arsenals=ozil has more to work with, is that so hard? its not like he hasn't PLAYED FOR US.

I know isco flopping is hard to take, but no need to turn on ozil like some arsenal fans

@Doc guess you closed your eyes every time isco was flopping at AM in the 4-2-3-1, carlo gave him a string of games twice and still got benched so saying ozil would fail at AM too is unfounded since he was our most creative player for years, but hey keep skipping over facts to sound right
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 am

As for Isco, he is currently on the bench so that should tell you how his season is currently going.

@chad, I don't know how much clearer this could have been said scratch

While Ozil is creative he brings so much more baggage it would be impossible to build a team around him. We did the right thing to let him go. If Wenger could get him a better cf and rest him every other game I am confident he would be alot better.

just like for us Arsenal fans are just realising the that he is lazy, shows no passion and loses the ball alot, anybody who watched real madrid even occasionally would point that out without hesitation. He is not gonna change now so Arsenal will need to plan their game plan taking all these flaws into account. No player is perfect hence why it is normal that he is like this

Isco is a different player, he does not have the creative ability of Ozil but he is good for the flow of the game. he tends to overdribble but he is young so to speak
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:12 pm

I believe Chad may have closed his eyes while reading my comment or just felt like being difficult.

As for Isco, he is currently on the bench so that should tell you how his season is currently going.

If anyone (Chad) is confused by this comment, let me clarify. Isco is struggling to perform wherever Carlo puts him, whether it be CM, ACM, F9 or on the wings as an inside forward, he is not having the best of seasons. Therefore, he got benched. There are reasons for that, some actually sensible, others not so much but the fact of the matter is, he is benched because of poor form.

Ozil would have met a similar fate (which he did) and we would have had two great talents on the bench. Great for rotation but hording such talent is not morally right.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:14 pm

How is Isco good for the flow of the team if he can never make up his mind, he'll over dribble, and get himself into positions that actually cut the flow if the team?
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:15 pm

isco is struggling cause he is a average player bar dribbling and shooting, how could you not see that? ozil has superior vision and passing so he would excel at the 10 role more than isco easily, just because he is struggling with arsenal attack doesn't mean he is suddenly sh!t and wouldn't make it this season Laughing.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:18 pm

Ozil isn't struggling because of his teammates, open your eyes. it's because he's the only one in Arsenal's system that is not running and is just being generally lazy.

If you actually watched Arsenal a bit this season you would understand their strength is team pressing which makes it very hard for their opponent to find gaps between the defenders. he's disrupting their system with not running.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:24 pm

chad4401 wrote:isco is struggling cause he is a average player bar dribbling and shooting, how could you not see that? ozil has superior vision and passing so he would excel at the 10 role more than isco easily, just because he is struggling with arsenal attack doesn't mean he is suddenly sh!t and wouldn't make it this season Laughing.

I'm with you when it comes to defending Ozil. He's playing with a talented but ultimately soft Arsenal team. Ozil is a genius but he isn't going to lift the team by himself, he's a support player.

However you saying Isco is average is beyond stupid and ridiculous. Isco is a genius by any standard and it's up to Carlo yo actually use him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Isco is a genius at dribbling and taking snap shots, carlo played him all over the pitch and he couldn't establish himself in any position, cause all he relies on is dribbling and random shots here and there, that not enough for a genius, That why he can't break into this particular team and there is no shame in that, this is not malaga.

pedram ozil is not lazy, he was never a runner everybody who watch him plays knews this, as dani said playing in the epl is not gonna magically improve his stamina, that like saying put di maria in barca he would be smarter Laughing.

anyway keep tearing down ozil cause isco is flopping.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:49 pm

I did not say he would become a runner at EPL, i'm saying he's not trying to track back which leaves defenders vulnerable. tracking back is a simple job, you don't have to be a runner to do this.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 33 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33  Next