Goal stats all comps:
Benz, 99 shots, 2O goals, 20% efficiency
CR7, 357 shots (Laughing), 53 goals, 15%
Higuain, 69 shots, 17 goals, 25%

Assists all comps:
Benz, 20 assists
CR7, 11 assists
Higuain, 8 assists

The problem with Benz and Higuain was never stats.  Both guys are elite level clearly.  The issue is opportunities.  With Di Maria going full retard and Ozil being inconsistent, the number of opportunities dropped for our CFs.  Ronaldo got his of course...

And that's why i'm against having two elite CFs at Madrid right now.  With CR7, it's not a normal situation.  There isn't enough opportunities to keep two such CFs happy.  It would take a record setting goalscoring season like the one before... end even then.  Both Higuain and Benz weren't happy with the situation even then.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain - Page 37 Empty Re: El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain

Post by chad4401 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:21 am

sports logic doesn't not apply to most madrid fans, its all we are rm and we can do anything we want cause its like a fairy tale playing for us smh

players have their career to worry about and riding the bench or rotating is not how you move forward, rm or not, can we please just understand that
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:34 pm

chad4401 wrote:sports logic doesn't not apply to most madrid fans, its all we are rm and we can do anything we want cause its like a fairy tale playing for us smh

players have their career to worry about and riding the bench or rotating is not how you move forward, rm or not, can we please just understand that

So true!!

I do not want us to destroy another player's career. And least of all such a talented striker. If he really wants to go, he should go.

However, i read some reports the other day that basically say : after speaking to Ancelotti, he might have changed his mind. If that is true, i welcome him but don't want any whining till the end of the season. I love higuain, he is one player that truly gives it all for the club.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:37 pm

I wonder whats going to happen to Benzema/Higuain if he stays

I don't think they will be a fan of the rotating policy Mou came up with and if one is benched for a prolonged period of time for the other then we might as well have sold one of them this summer. Both deserve to start week in week out
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I wonder whats going to happen to Benzema/Higuain if he stays

I don't think they will be a fan of the rotating policy Mou came up with and if one is benched for a prolonged period of time for the other then we might as well have sold one of them this summer. Both deserve to start week in week out

Hmmm,

That rotating policy of Mou did not let either striker reach his full potential. I think what is really happening is that Perez wants him to go, but Ancelotti does not want to take any rash decision before actually seeing Benz/Higgy train. Wonder what Zidane thinks of Higuain since he definitely has Perez's ear.
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:57 pm

If Higuian want to leave he should leave. I'm not saying to hold him against he desire to move on.

Sports summed it up perfectly. Our situation atm doesn't call for two elite CF especially if one is going to chill on the bench
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:19 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:If Higuian want to leave he should leave. I'm not saying to hold him against he desire to move on.

Sports summed it up perfectly. Our situation atm doesn't call for two elite CF especially if one is going to chill on the bench

If Morata has to be groomed, one of the two has to leave. Perez should let Higuian go.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 pm

chad4401 wrote:sports logic doesn't not apply to most madrid fans, its all we are rm and we can do anything we want cause its like a fairy tale playing for us smh

El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain - Page 37 22813176
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 pm

izzy wrote:

El Pipita - Gonzalo Higuain - Page 37 22813176

wrong thread this is higs not cr
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 pm

chad4401 wrote:wrong thread this is higs not cr

Sports talking about Benzema, you agreeing with it?

Right thread if you ask me...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bumlick
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:05 pm

smh read what i wrote is not about benz at all, its about every player should be happy with just playing for madrid even if it mean stalling their careers and ambitions, fans need to kill that way of thinking
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Players are selfish, so are clubs and rightly so. Clubs fighting for all trophies need more proven strikers. That is one reason ManU don't want to let Rooney go. Perhaps same logic at Madrid too as Ancelloti is pondering. They can't get a cheaper proven striker than Higgy. But if they think Morata can step up, they can let Higgy go

Last edited by Nedved on Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:16 pm

chad4401 wrote:smh read what i wrote is not about benz at all, its about every player should be happy with just playing for madrid even if it mean stalling their careers and ambitions, fans need to kill that way of thinking

It's your ideology, not every player is "ambitions" as Benzema.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:23 pm

chad4401 wrote:smh read what i wrote is not about benz at all, its about every player should be happy with just playing for madrid even if it mean stalling their careers and ambitions, fans need to kill that way of thinking

No, no, no, no, no.

The idea surrounding Higgy has nothing to do with the fact that fans think he should be happy just playing for Madrid, it's the fact that he hasn't been treated as well as others on this damn team and has never been given the breaks and fair shots that some fans believe he deserved.

Fans want him to stay because of what he represents, his willingness to give his all on the pitch, the fact he always holds himself accountable for his shortcomings and tries to constantly improve. We sure as hell don't have enough players like that on this team and the fact that he feels he needs to leave is saddening.

I want him to leave so he doesn't have to be subjected to the crap that he has faced here for years. He doesn't deserve that at all. It's not about stalling his career, he clearly see's that he STILL has not been given the push he feels he deserves so he wants to leave.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:45 pm

the point is higs want to leave cause he want to play, all top class talent wants to play week in and week out, and all important games

saying higs should stay is like saying we shouldn't have sign isco cause he should play all the time just like ozil, but instead of causing problems we expect them to play together but that not possible for everyone else

so if a player wants to leave to better themselves we shouldn't persuade them to stay, with promises we can't keep and we have seen the results last season
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Benzema is not lazy ffs.. he is actually pretty fit especially coming from his holiday.. he just had a bad run of form in front of goal this year and he has himself to blame. Shows he isn't just "pure talent and no hard work" like some would say. I have no doubt he is gonna kick some ass next year with zidane here

When we start blaming CR who clearly saves us games then we have a problem lol

Di maria gets a bit too much shit too. Ozil has been absolutely shocking this season when it mattered. WAY worse then maria.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Error Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:17 am

chad4401 wrote:the point is higs want to leave cause he want to play, all top class talent wants to play week in and week out, and all important games
He never said he wants to leave because of lack of playing time. He doesn't feel appreciated by management and part of the fans base despite of all he has done here. I can clearly understand his feeling. Who wouldn't feel uncomfortable and unwanted when lot's of people shits on you although you have done so much for the club? Many are ready to throw him away like dirty rag although he has never complained and has always given his all for the club.

Giggity5313 wrote:Benzema is not lazy ffs.. he is actually pretty fit especially coming from his holiday.. he just had a bad run of form in front of goal this year and he has himself to blame. Shows he isn't just "pure talent and no hard work" like some would say. I have no doubt he is gonna kick some ass next year with zidane here

Di maria gets a bit too much shit too. Ozil has been absolutely shocking this season when it mattered. WAY worse then maria.
Being fit is a physical condition, being lazy is a mental attitude. It doesn't matter if the lazy person is as fit as e.g. Ronaldo as long as he has the wrong attitude. That's a part what's halting Benzema's progression currently and why he gets so much slack. Benzema is more like an artistic nature and lacks the natural scorer attitude which makes him look like a lazy striker. It's the main reason why he won't be the best CF in the world and should be used at other position than CF to support his strengths on the field (e.g. SS or forward).
Error
Error
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Error wrote:
chad4401 wrote:the point is higs want to leave cause he want to play, all top class talent wants to play week in and week out, and all important games
He never said he wants to leave because of lack of playing time. He doesn't feel appreciated by management and part of the fans base despite of all he has done here. I can clearly understand his feeling. Who wouldn't feel uncomfortable and unwanted when lot's of people shits on you although you have done so much for the club? Many are ready to throw him away like dirty rag although he has never complained and has always given his all for the club.

Giggity5313 wrote:Benzema is not lazy ffs.. he is actually pretty fit especially coming from his holiday.. he just had a bad run of form in front of goal this year and he has himself to blame. Shows he isn't just "pure talent and no hard work" like some would say. I have no doubt he is gonna kick some ass next year with zidane here

Being fit is a physical condition, being lazy is a mental attitude. It doesn't matter if the lazy person is as fit as e.g. Ronaldo as long as he has the wrong attitude. That's a part what's halting Benzema's progression currently and why he gets so much slack. Benzema is more like an artistic nature and lacks the natural scorer attitude which makes him look like a lazy striker. It's the main reason why he won't be the best CF in the world and should be used at other position than CF to support his strengths on the field (e.g. SS or forward).

Couldn't agree more !!! Summed up my feelings about Higuain and Benzema perfectly
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:44 pm

hey if you think fans singing higs name weekly, would make him love the bench no prob at 25 with wc next year, fine by me think that
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:53 pm

chad4401 wrote:hey if you think fans singing higs name weekly, would make him love the bench no prob at 25 with wc next year, fine by me think that

I don't thinks it's fans only. I think he also had some trouble with the management. I remember him coming out and saying that no one from the club supported him. I may not be able to explain properly, but i get his feeling.

We should stand behind our team no matter what.!! Cannot stand anything more than a whiny attitude (You know how after a defeat, our fans go like - fire him, sign him. Knee jerks)
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:10 pm

chad4401 wrote:hey if you think fans singing higs name weekly, would make him love the bench no prob at 25 with wc next year, fine by me think that

So ridiculous, so ignorant.

That is not what anybody is talking about and not what will get Higgy to change his mind. He wants to leave because he doesn't feel appreciated and feels that he hasn't been given the fair shot that other players have been given. The bench time just adds to why he wants to leave, it's not the main reason.
He deserves to be given a fair shot and be appreciated for the hard-work he puts in. He doesn't get coddled and babied when he messes up and have others fighting his corner because he's a grown man. He understands that he's fighting a losing battle and would be better off somewhere else and most fans 100% agree with him but would love it if he stayed.

So ignorant.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:21 pm

last time i checked the 11/12 season was where benz and higs went at it seriously to decide things, higs was ready to leave after that and benzema assumed he would have been starter, we all saw what happened after the following season, why continue that both want to start fact

tbh higs is at fault for half the criticism he gets he chokes too much, he got a pass before but not anymore if he had finished in the cl win or lose he would be better appreciated
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm

I would rather have higuain than another mercenary at our club smoking

SMH, this choking thing is just bollocks!!! Kindly, tell me something, wouldn't we choke against barcelona all the time? So how did we fix it?

So if Higuain is choking, then there are things that can be done to improve his confidence and belief. Starting with the fans!! He has the requisite talent and just the right attitude. If he stays, hope Ancelotti can get the best out of him.

Last edited by anirudhkitt on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:53 pm

chad4401 wrote:last time i checked the 11/12 season was where benz and higs went at it seriously to decide things, higs was ready to leave after that and benzema assumed he would have been starter, we all saw what happened after the following season, why continue that both want to start fact

tbh higs is at fault for half the criticism he gets he chokes too much, he got a pass before but not anymore if he had finished in the cl win or lose he would be better appreciated

Again, so ignorant.

Benzema assumed he would be the starter after Mou favored him over Higgy but Mou convinced Higgy to stay another year because he knew what a lot of fans already know, Benzema is unreliable and you can't trust him to lead your front line by himself.
This past season showed why, Benz fell off, Higgy pounced and deservedly got the starter role.

The criticism he gets is ridiculous but understandable. He's got to show up more when it matters most.

But, he has NEVER been given a pass during his time. What the hell are you talking about with that garbage? Every time he comes up short, he is put on blast, best highlighted by the Lyon game 3 years ago. He has been ripped and shredded for every mistake he makes.

I don't want to hear that crap from you. Got a pass? Gimme a break with that rubbish.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:58 pm

anirudhkitt wrote:I would rather have higuain than another mercenary at our club smoking

Not just you but I dare to say 90% of RM fans and players. I have no idea what that half-literate dude is talking about...

If it's really only between Napoli and those stingy bastards at Arsenal there is a good chance Higgy might actually stay. Serie A is a massive downgrade and Napoli is just too much of a step down if you ask me. He'd do great at Arsenal, but I am not sure how much would competition for 4th place in the EPL attract him. His best chance would be to stay for a season then push for a transfer after the WC. If he keeps his recent national form he'd be able to choose his club.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:18 pm

smh again with the fairy tale crap why does rooney want to leave manu cause he wants to be a start and play big games, so keep telling yourselves love fix all

also benz and higs are both capable of leading the line for a season easy, stop acting like its a fact they cant cause mou was too scared to go into the season with either one, cause neither was his first choice to begin with
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next