Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
ErPupone
Patrick Bateman
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Inter v AS Roma - Page 5 Empty Re: Inter v AS Roma

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:20 pm

Yea Sneijders always complaining about something...

I want to see Borini Totti Bojan next match with Osvaldo coming as a sub. Im loving Burdisso-Kjaer too That Gago Pizarro battles gonna be tough to call I like what both of them bring.

I think most of you know my unpopular opinion on the right back spot...Rosi :bow:

checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:23 pm

ErPupone wrote:And what was Sneijder complaining about at the end? Inter were already lucky enough with Lucio not getting red carded (either a direct red, or a second yellow for the other fouls following that incident like the one on Pizarro).

Anyways I'm already looking forward to our next match. Angel is back, while Burdisso and Kjaer seem to make a really nice pairing. That right back spot is going to be up for grabs for a while. Pjanic and De Rossi are a given, while Pizarro and Gago will contend for the other spot. Borini, Totti and Bojan/Borriello to start next match as well.

spot on

i give up predicting XI's for roma. i mean, taddei/perrotta on full back today away against inter? *bleep* me. i wouldn't have been able to predict that even if i was given 20 guesses. but 'in theory' what you said should be true

against siena, right back could be up for anyone between Rosi, Cassetti, Taddei, Perrotta, or Totti Rolling Eyes

Rosi if it were up to me
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:35 pm

I don't care what anyone says, tie or not tie, this was Enrique's fault.

Takes off Borini who was the best striker on the pitch, for Borriello who did nothing at all.

Keeps in Osvaldo instead who had only once chance, and yet failed the whole game. He even gave Osvaldo constant instructions as Osvaldo was not performing great and yet still kept him on ffs.

Takes off Pizaro when having a great game for Gago, which was another questionable move, and failed to produce.

He used De Rossi as a Regista, who did have a great game. BUT DE ROSSI IS NOT A REGISTA. The commentator confirmed it. I was just loling.

The fullbacks... dear, dear... lord... Basically using a 2 man defense, and having uncle slow fester Taddei getting owned all over the left flank, and Perrotta who's just not meant to be an RB.

Horrible tactics, horrible moves.

Apologies as I did promise I won't discuss about this, but I'm sorry. Enrique once again disapointed me.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Enrique>Sciacca :coffee:

checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:40 pm

BORINI ! WHAT A PERFORMANCE ! Against Inter!

Borini is such a sick prospect !
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:41 pm

@Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo

i was actually satisfied with the performance today. LE's questionable tactics worked neither for the good or bad. they were questionable but not terrible. perrotta/taddei played surprisingly well at fullback and lasted the full 90. we dominated the game except for the last 10 minutes when inter realized they were inter

i can't fault LE today nor the team because we played rather well considering we're playing away to the strongest italian team on paper. the only player i can really criticize on our team is ozzy

LE's subs also were questionable but not terrible. gago for pizarro freed de rossi to move up further. pizarro is just coming back from injury and couldn't last a full 90 anyway. but you're right about borini/ozzy. borini should've stayed on instead of the latter

analysis is out, "Inter 0-0 Roma: interesting in theory, but not on the pitch"
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:47 pm

The only good thing Enrique did was start Borini, and like I said was the best striker, and takes him off, it's like wtf... Performance aside, Roma did good, defensively shaky, but no surprise with current fullbacks.

Im not faulting LE for not winning, faulting him in general. These are the moves I was talking about in the past, things that he does that don't make sense in which is why I have a problem with him.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Enriques moves make sense to him and thats what matters tho. Just because you dont understand them doesnt mean they are wrong. The point from this game is a good result and its always easy to say what should have been done after the fact.

I agree with the zonal marking analysis Schnix posted, neither manager really exploited the other sides weaknesses but I would say thats because both systems are so new and havent been mastered by either side.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:54 pm

i agree with you Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo on blaming LE in general. i still blame him too for his ways. but after today, he redeemed himself a bit

it's a small positive step forward. for once, the players and fans aren't demoralized after a match
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:54 pm

It makes sense to him? I don't understand... It makes sense that his best striker Borini was subbed off? :facepalm:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:It makes sense to him? I don't understand... It makes sense that his best striker Borini was subbed off? :facepalm:

it was another questionable decision (just like taddei/perrotta on FB), but not terrible

(1) bringing borriello on for 15 minutes to cup tie him during branislova. (2) taking totti off at 1-0 to make a political statement. (3) starting viviani and okaka. those were terrible decisions.

Last edited by schnix on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Taking Borini instead of Osvaldo was questionable but what matters is we got a point from this match and kept a clean sheet. I still have faith in Enrique and I like his style.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm

What matters is winning, not tying...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm

i think i'm somewhere between checazzo and stronzo on this one lol. i still don't like LE's style and decisions, but i'm slowly having faith in him

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:What matters is winning, not tying...

we tried to win, more so than inter, that's what matters
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:05 pm

You tried, but Enrique messed up... Thats the point.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Sciacca whats next? you going to blame Enrique for the rain during the match...ffs
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:10 pm

checazzofai wrote:Sciacca whats next? you going to blame Enrique for the rain during the match...ffs

Man, you got the wrong Idea, all I'm saying is, if he actually kept Borini, if he actually used proper fullbacks, if he acutally placed De Rossi in his right position, you'd actually have a better shot at winning. It's not the first time, the same implies against Cagliari, and I've explained that before. The same implies in the EL.

Bro, at the end of the day, he's the coach. He makes the moves, and at this point, most of his moves have been meh.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:15 pm

What fullbacks? Heinze? I agree I would have liked to see Rosi but lets be honest hes no ashley cole anyways. plus even tho Taddei was shaky at times the fullbacks were not the issue...we kept a clean sheet if you didnt notice. He has made some mistakes but he has also completely changed the philosophy of the club. Once he gets used to his players things will be going more smoothly, this team hasnt even been together for a month yet and you already want to start blaming Enrique :facepalm:

Its also worth noting that the morale in the changeroom is very good, partly because of Totti but the players also like Enrique and his attacking philosophy.

checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:21 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
checazzofai wrote:Sciacca whats next? you going to blame Enrique for the rain during the match...ffs

Man, you got the wrong Idea, all I'm saying is, if he actually kept Borini, if he actually used proper fullbacks, if he acutally placed De Rossi in his right position, you'd actually have a better shot at winning. It's not the first time, the same implies against Cagliari, and I've explained that before. The same implies in the EL.

Bro, at the end of the day, he's the coach. He makes the moves, and at this point, most of his moves have been meh.

The Pizarro substitution was not a wrong decision. It was Pizarro's first match in a very long time and he's not at his top yet. He made the substitution to keep the midfield solid, and Gago did quite well. He's not the same type of player as Pizarro, but the end result in our play wasn't much different.

As for the fullbacks, very weird decision, yes. But is that where we went wrong? No. We didn't concede... Obi went nowhere going up against Perrotta and Taddei played well enough. They also pushed far forward, the only difference was crossing. But whenever we did cross, Osvaldo was never on the other end of them, his positioning could use some improvement.

And for Borini, he played well yes. But keep in mind that this was one of the biggest matches he's ever played and was going up against some pretty big defenders. Enrique put in Borriello to match them strength for strength. Retrospectively, taking Osvaldo off would've been the better move, but I understand what he was going for. And keep in mind, we only had 2 substitutions which really complicated things, or else I think Bojan would have come on as well to provide more speed.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:22 pm

No one denys that he has made some mistakes but its because hes a young manager and I think the positives he has brought outweigh the negatives by a big margin and like ive said before there is no way you can judge him now. after 2 league matches.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:23 pm

checazzofai wrote:What fullbacks? Heinze? I agree I would have liked to see Rosi but lets be honest hes no ashley cole anyways. plus even tho Taddei was shaky at times the fullbacks were not the issue...we kept a clean sheet if you didnt notice. He has made some mistakes but he has also completely changed the philosophy of the club. Once he gets used to his players things will be going more smoothly, this team hasnt even been together for a month yet and you already want to start blaming Enrique :facepalm:

Its also worth noting that the morale in the changeroom is very good, partly because of Totti but the players also like Enrique and his attacking philosophy.

You know what I noticed? I noticed Inter giving most problems on the flanks, so yes the fullbacks were mainly a problem. Taddei and Perotta are not RB's and LB's and are poor at it, they gave to much space, and they got through them fairly easy. Sure, no goals conceded, however do you realize how close Inter managed to score goals? Sure, it's not your problem they can't finish, but they almost did, and luckily they didn't score on those chances, mainly Zarate's shot, Forlan's shot and Sniejder's.

Yes he did make mistakes, not some, but many. One of them being the philosphy, I already spoke about this to Mike, and the philosphy, I can careless if it's new, I've been through this. This is Serie A, not La Liga, Not Barcelona. The players don't fit to that philosphy which is dominating ball possesion, it does not fit in Serie A. More detailed explaination is in the other thread. And Mike actually understood, that it is a big risk. Yes it's a project, however he's actually relying on De Rossi to do what Xavi does in Barca ffs, that's insane. And that is just one problem with it. Many more. Sure he's with new players and he needs to get to know them... but yet puts Taddei and Perotta? But fine, it if makes sense to have the best striker taken off, having Borriello and making it two prima puntas in a 4-3-3 including Osvaldo... making it some what 3 lol... thats just odd, but Meh...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:29 pm

ErPupone wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

The Pizarro substitution was not a wrong decision. It was Pizarro's first match in a very long time and he's not at his top yet. He made the substitution to keep the midfield solid, and Gago did quite well. He's not the same type of player as Pizarro, but the end result in our play wasn't much different.

As for the fullbacks, very weird decision, yes. But is that where we went wrong? No. We didn't concede... Obi went nowhere going up against Perrotta and Taddei played well enough. They also pushed far forward, the only difference was crossing. But whenever we did cross, Osvaldo was never on the other end of them, his positioning could use some improvement.

And for Borini, he played well yes. But keep in mind that this was one of the biggest matches he's ever played and was going up against some pretty big defenders. Enrique put in Borriello to match them strength for strength. Retrospectively, taking Osvaldo off would've been the better move, but I understand what he was going for. And keep in mind, we only had 2 substitutions which really complicated things, or else I think Bojan would have come on as well to provide more speed.

Sorry Mike, even if it was Pizaro's match, he didn't look tired at all even after his knock, he was even performing great. Regardless of his fitness, he was in fact doing good... Gago came on and looked more poor, which as no surprise.

Yes it was a wierd descion which once again questions me about him, Perotta was average, Taddei was horrible. Let players go through him very fast, his pace was too slow, it was like watching uncle fester running back. Flop of the match if you ask me. Pushing forward? All I saw was Ranocchia stopping almost each run Perotta made on the flank and Taddei doing hardly anything to support his play pushing forward, maybe his highlight of the night was a backheel lol.

But Mike... what makes a difference if he was playing in one of the biggest games of his career. Even before the game, he was professional, the way he answered those questions in press conference was like he was a veteran. He impressed LE in training, he impress against Cagliari. Today he was the best player on the pitch, and as a result, for being the best, it means to take him off... I don't see the logic in that though... Osvaldo... Sure fine, I can see that, but I didn't see Borini having those problems, sure Ranocchia closed him in soemtimes... but it was normal, when Borriello came on, he was like a ghost. Through the game, LE kept shouting at Osvaldo because he was doing poor andd was not focusing on what LE asked him to do, at the end, Borini was the one who came off... I just don't get it sorry...
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:31 pm

Once again I have no clue what your ranting about. I thought we looked good for most of the match today and we got a good result. your assumptions about this possesion style not working in Serie A is untrue. evidence of this is that we bossed Inter most of the match today, the only problem we have is the final ball.

The point is the only way to know is if Enriques style will work is by seeing the results at the end of this season and hopefully next one. your just claiming it wont work without any proof. I repeat its the 2nd league match without our full squad and we played well and got the point. im happy.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:31 pm

GTFO

Gasperini The F*ck out Inter v AS Roma - Page 5 Troll
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 pm

checazzofai wrote:Once again I have no clue what your ranting about. I thought we looked good for most of the match today and we got a good result. your assumptions about this possesion style not working in Serie A is untrue. evidence of this is that we bossed Inter most of the match today, the only problem we have is the final ball.

The point is the only way to know is if Enriques style will work is by seeing the results at the end of this season and hopefully next one. your just claiming it wont work without any proof. I repeat its the 2nd league match without our full squad and we played well and got the point. im happy.

Once again you don't realize that it's not only this game, I'm speaking also in general.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:46 pm

I agree with Benny here. Enrique did make some strange decisions, but he didn't cost us the match. We were lacking that final ball to get through to goal. Also our play was a little slow at times, but it's normal because these guys still don't know each other that well. Gago did a good job after coming on, but he'll do even better once he really gets settled in, same thing goes for Pjanic.

Tony, you're really splitting hairs here and you're just looking for an excuse to bash Enrique. You're ranting again about his tactics, though they weren't an issue tonight. We managed to shut down Sneijder, Milito, Zarate, Forlan and co. away from home, at San Siro. I think we could mark this result down as positive and move on.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next