Magricos
Sushi Master
Gil
Ganso
ManUnited4Ever
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Milan Vs Barca The best of Europe - Page 3 Empty Re: Milan Vs Barca The best of Europe

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Sep 2011, 06:56

I'd question your inequalities, however I really wouldn't care if you'd written that every Chelsea defender was better than our option in defence.

Football isn't about addition, even if what you had written were accurate it wouldn't matter. Chelsea have huge issues concerning creativity, even greater than that of Milan. What happens if Mata is missing currently? Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Robinho, Aquilani and Seedorf can all play an influential role for Milan once the team is fit and our runners are there to provide options and put more pressure on the opposition. Chelsea's midfield brings greater vitality, however the likes of Ramires, Mikel and Meireles aren't going to be opening holes in our defence with their passing and when our box-to-box midfielders are fit then the danger currently posed to our team by an opposition with strong movement will be heavily reduced.

You can argue that you could hold our attack and midfield, however we can equally hold yours.

No raping would occur unless someone happened to be having a ridiculously clinical day.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Milan Vs Barca The best of Europe - Page 3 Empty Re: Milan Vs Barca The best of Europe

Post by Magricos Tue 13 Sep 2011, 06:57

I don't understand how it is insulting to say Bayern is better than Milan.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Sep 2011, 06:59

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Bayern > United > City > Madrid > Milan

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Well this thread is going to end well

Milan Vs Barca The best of Europe - Page 3 CostanzaPopcorn

INB4: -Barcelona are cheaters
- Unequal distribution of TV rights
- Bayern > Madrid
- United > Madrid
- City > Madrid
- Milan > Madrid

It's ok folks, someone's changed his mind :coffee:

banana
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue 13 Sep 2011, 07:01

dostoevsky wrote:I'd question your inequalities, however I really wouldn't care if you'd written that every Chelsea defender was better than our option in defence.

Football isn't about addition, even if what you had written were accurate it wouldn't matter. Chelsea have huge issues concerning creativity, even greater than that of Milan. What happens if Mata is missing currently? Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Robinho, Aquilani and Seedorf can all play an influential role for Milan once the team is fit and our runners are there to provide options and put more pressure on the opposition. Chelsea's midfield brings greater vitality, however the likes of Ramires, Mikel and Meireles aren't going to be opening holes in our defence with their passing and when our box-to-box midfielders are fit then the danger currently posed to our team by an opposition with strong movement will be heavily reduced.

You can argue that you could hold our attack and midfield, however we can equally hold yours.

No raping would occur unless someone happened to be having a ridiculously clinical day.

I agree with most of this, however we have brought in a new coach, with a new playing style. I would argue that we will look far more complete at the end of a season and the team works as a unit. I/me didn't say we'd rape, but nor would you blow us away and it is a fair comparison. Hopefully we can meet soon and it will be decided.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Sep 2011, 07:07

Oh yeah, it was english_jewel who said they'd rape, remembered it as you for some reason, sorry about that. Razz

ej Milan Vs Barca The best of Europe - Page 3 Aufsmaul

As far as I see it, the teams I mentioned in my earlier post can effectively be bundled into a tier below Barcelona, though you could then separate them again based upon their ability to jump up to the next tier. Bayern, Milan, Chelsea and Inter are capable of making the jump fairly swiftly, perhaps in one season, based upon their use of youth, greater chemistry and the intervention of the transfer market. Then there are teams in that tier who are unlikely to be able to make that jump due to a likely exodus of players or internal problems - for instance Porto are a team who will tend to oscillate between being a very strong team and rebuilding with a fresh generation.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue 13 Sep 2011, 08:27

Arquitecto wrote:Wow.

Can someone tell me what Bayern has done to prove they are superior to Milan?

Becuase they reached a CL final just the season before with a weaker team and still have all their best players intact
Arquitecto wrote:
I know they are better and all with their fancy new manager but last I heard, they were knocked out by Inter in the CL led by Leonardo.

Its still better than being beaten by Tottenham team managed by Redknapp
Arquitecto wrote:
And don't give me crap about Van Gaal as he is reputable and solid manager.

Dont give me the excuse bla bla bla injuries every team has injuries
Arquitecto wrote:
What the hell has city proven other then scoring against lower teams with turkey defenses?

because they just thrashed a much stronger Tottenham team away from home.The same Spurs team which eliminated Milan last year.
Arquitecto wrote:
Last I heard, they were knocked out by DYNAMO KIEV! A team who did not even win their own league.

But then went to strengthen their squad with quality players and address their weakness properly unlike Milan in transfer window.

Not saying either Bayern or City are far superior to Milan or that Milan cant beat them but to dismiss them as inferior to Milan with these weak arguments are exactly correct either.

Both Bayern and City are better than Milan on paper and have started their season strong.So there is strong argument to say they both are better than Milan.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Sep 2011, 09:01

@Beautiful Game, I'm only playing Devil's Advocate here, I'm not necessarily in opposition to your ideas, however:

Both Milan and Liverpool well know how quickly a European finalist can be left behind and every major team with the exception of Inter Milan and Chelsea are far tougher propositions than two years ago; it's not good enough to simply stay still which Bayern know from losing their own league. Bayern have a world class attack and midfield, however their defence lacks depth that almost every other top club in the world has. Boateng was their only major reinforcement - Rafinha is decent, certainly not world class - and a single injury and a single suspension in combination drastically alters the strength of their back four.

Not to mention the fact that Milan actually won their league speaks a lot for the consistency and mentality required to be considered a top team. The example of Tottenham can be repeated in Milan's favour with the example of Inter Milan as an opponent and some sort of comparison favouring Munich at the expense of City could most likely found. You can't use triangles to compare teams.

Not to mention that Milan's transfer window was far from poor, it's simply that most of our signings are currently unavailable. Mexes, Taiwo, Aquilani, Nocerino attach themselves well to the squad and our weaknesses once everyone is fit.

Like I said, I believe the clubs are within the same tier, I'm simply finding a way to procrastinate by responding.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 13 Sep 2011, 09:43

Becuase they reached a CL final just the season before with a weaker team and still have all their best players intact

Weaker team? They only had Ribery missing.

You fail to also mention how they scraped their way ahead of Fiorentina who was was in the lower top 10 of the serie a after being dominated and through Overebo's 20 yard offside goal.

You also fail to mention that this was 2 years ago as otherwise Inter would have won the Serie A last year.

See the difference?

Really? So I guess since Bayern scaped their way past United? That means Bayern is a better team right? Wrong.

See the matchs. Milan were in their worst form of the season after poor form, injuries, low confidence and horrible results as well as no calibration to the system which was acquired later on.

Did you see the first leg? A 34 year old Back-up striker (Yepes) was only at fault for the goal and him only. Rest of the match? Milan didn't play their game as tottenham did and even then Tottenham failed so many times to create chances.

You didn't see our line-up which is completely different from our original formation and system?

I guess you didn't see the disallowed goal of Ibra's just because Dawson made a meal out of his slight nudge. BS

Then comes the 2nd leg. This is where Milan completely play Tottenham off the park, dominated, and proved that WHL is a myth.

How bout the 2 goal line clearances? Or Robinho's open goal miss?

Or Tottenham completely parking the bus.

Rule is in champions league that it is not always the best team that can win.

Tottenham went by in a hairs length against a weakened Milan with a new manager and poor form.

You contradict your own point when you mentioned Bayern and their own weakened team.

Inter went through with a manager who came half way in the season. And despite being weakened by injuries against a full strength Bayern and repeatedly being shot by Cesar's howlers, they prevailed. What does that tell you?

because they just thrashed a much stronger Tottenham team away from home.The same Spurs team which eliminated Milan last year.

If feel this is the same tottenham that was there last year, then you are sadly mistaken.

This is a tottenham without Bales' super form, without Modric actually wanting to play, poor form of strikers, playing a different formation, being exposed for being a one hit wonder, and off the temporary form that made everyone think Tottenham can do it again. This is 1/3 of tottenham of last year. The details are micro, but easy to spot.

And your logic fails here again as I guess since Tottenham beat us 2-0 last year, they must be the better team. There is much more then logic that must be applied. I could go on and on through your logic.

But then went to strengthen their squad with quality players and address their weakness properly unlike Milan in transfer window.

Irrelevant as this was 95% of the same team.

You are looking at squads on paper once again as then why didn't Miami heat win the NBA championship or why didn't Real Madrid beat Lyon in 2009-10.

Bad use of logic once again.

And how did Milan not strengthen? We got Aquilani, Mexes, Taiwo, El Sharaway, Nocerino. 3 of them augments our weaknesses.

We strengthened tactfully and intelligently unlike cash splaying City.

Then again I guess you don't know how Milan prioritizes the Jan window instead of summer.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:42

Arquitecto wrote:

Weaker team? They only had Ribery missing.

You fail to also mention how they scraped their way ahead of Fiorentina who was was in the lower top 10 of the serie a after being dominated and through Overebo's 20 yard offside goal.

You also fail to mention that this was 2 years ago as otherwise Inter would have won the Serie A last year.

See the difference?

I was referring to the the strength of Bayern team now to the one which reached CL final 2 years ago.They have Gomez Muller and Kroos all improved immeasurably when compared to 2009 and have a far better defence than in 2009.Also kept all there best players.Hence they are better than Milan which is a new team and also very unproven in CL.U asked why they are better than Milan and i have pointed out their pedigree and overall quality the reason why they are better than Milan so not sure why Mourinho's inter is compared here.

Really? So I guess since Bayern scaped their way past United? That means Bayern is a better team right? Wrong.

See the matchs. Milan were in their worst form of the season after poor form, injuries, low confidence and horrible results as well as no calibration to the system which was acquired later on.

Did you see the first leg? A 34 year old Back-up striker (Yepes) was only at fault for the goal and him only. Rest of the match? Milan didn't play their game as tottenham did and even then Tottenham failed so many times to create chances.

You didn't see our line-up which is completely different from our original formation and system?

I guess you didn't see the disallowed goal of Ibra's just because Dawson made a meal out of his slight nudge. BS

Then comes the 2nd leg. This is where Milan completely play Tottenham off the park, dominated, and proved that WHL is a myth.

How bout the 2 goal line clearances? Or Robinho's open goal miss?

Or Tottenham completely parking the bus.

Rule is in champions league that it is not always the best team that can win.

Tottenham went by in a hairs length against a weakened Milan with a new manager and poor form.

That was basically my point.U cant dismiss a team as weak because they lost to Inter or Kiev last year.There are plenty of reasons and improvements happened in both those teams so judging them based on those two games is a weak argument just like basing Milan based on Spurs game.

You contradict your own point when you mentioned Bayern and their own weakened team.

Inter went through with a manager who came half way in the season. And despite being weakened by injuries against a full strength Bayern and repeatedly being shot by Cesar's howlers, they prevailed. What does that tell you?

As i said earlier i was referring to the season 2009.

If feel this is the same tottenham that was there last year, then you are sadly mistaken.

This is a tottenham without Bales' super form, without Modric actually wanting to play, poor form of strikers, playing a different formation, being exposed for being a one hit wonder, and off the temporary form that made everyone think Tottenham can do it again. This is 1/3 of tottenham of last year. The details are micro, but easy to spot.

And your logic fails here again as I guess since Tottenham beat us 2-0 last year, they must be the better team. There is much more then logic that must be applied. I could go on and on through your logic.

So u can see those micro changes happened to Sprus but cant see those similar micro changes that have made City stronger now this season? Tottenham are slightly weaker but not as weaker as for to be thrashed by 5-1 at home.This is the same Spurs side which didnt lose a single home game last year.Do you really think a Milan or Chelsea can go to WHL and thrash them 5-1 like City did? No.City have improved immensely compared to last year and thus why most are saying they are a better team than Milan.

Irrelevant as this was 95% of the same team.

You are looking at squads on paper once again as then why didn't Miami heat win the NBA championship or why didn't Real Madrid beat Lyon in 2009-10.

Bad use of logic once again.

And how did Milan not strengthen? We got Aquilani, Mexes, Taiwo, El Sharaway, Nocerino. 3 of them augments our weaknesses.

We strengthened tactfully and intelligently unlike cash splaying City.

Then again I guess you don't know how Milan prioritizes the Jan window instead of summer.

Again we can only judge squads and team strength on paper now until these two teams perform in their group where clearly City have the better team than Milan.And your examples are exceptions not the rule.Yes there are scenarios where inferiors teams have beaten stronger teams but more often than not its the strong teams that have came out winners.

Again Milan's midfield is their biggest weakness and i dont believe Aquilani is the world class player that is going to address the issue in CL.And i cant base how Milan is strong based what they will do in January window.

At present City and Bayern have the stronger teams on paper and hence stronger.Considering this Milan team dont have any pedigree either(Unlike say United ) at the moment I dont see any other reason to believe otherwise.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:52; edited 2 times in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:46

jibers wrote:Teams ahead of Milan at this moment in time: Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea...

He specifically said "for me" and used the word "derby". Surely you must know he is aware that Milan are not in Barca's class? And with the word derby, aren't derbies timeless? No matter who the players in the team are and how strong they are, a derby is always a huge game and I think this is all Thiago is trying to encapsulate with these words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:08

I was referring to the the strength of Bayern team now to the one which reached CL final 2 years ago.They have Gomez Muller and Kroos all improved immeasurably when compared to 2009 and have a far better defence than in 2009.Also kept all there best players.Hence they are better than Milan which is a new team and also very unproven in CL.U asked why they are better than Milan and i have pointed out their pedigree so not sure why Mourinho's inter is compared here.

Once again, that team cannot be compared solely because their team has improved by name. They have a different manager with a completely different philosophy who has yet to prove himself in the Bundes and CL.
Bringing that team up is irrelevant.

That was basically my point.U cant dismiss a team as weak because they lost to Inter or Kiev last year.There are plenty of improvements happened in both those teams so judging them based on those two games is a weak argument just like basing Milan based on Spurs game.

Yes but the difference of spurs of last year and Kiev is a vast ocean of difference. Also, the difference is that Kiev completely outclassed City as compared to Spurs who scraped by Milan. When someone says City is better then Milan, you have to see what they have done to prove that as so far they haven't prove anything but their ability to splash the cash.

So u can see those micro changes happened to Sprus but cant see those similar micro changes that have made City stronger now this season? Tottenham are slightly weaker but not as weaker as for to be thrashed by 5-1 at home.This is the same Spurs side which didnt lose a single game last year.Do you really think a Milan or Chelsea can go to WHL and thrash them 5-1 like City did? No.City have improved immensely compared to last year and thus why most are saying they are a better team than Milan.

Once again, this Spurs is a shadow of Spurs last season as their confidence, form, recent results, visual differentiation between the 2 teams as well as approach to the game is completely different to last year. Its like comparing the Liverpool of 2008-09 to Liverpool of Rafa's last year. So much can difference can happen over a summer as Spurs are simply half the team they were last year simply based on that their glorious run of form has expired and they not have that gung-ho attack mentality anymore. They are back to being spurs.

And not lost a single game? Where did you get this from?

Again we can only judge squads and team strength on paper now until these two teams perform in their group where clearly City have the better team than Milan.And your examples are exceptions not the rule.Yes there are scenarios where inferiors teams have beaten stronger teams but more often than not its the strong teams that have came out winners.

Again Milan's midfield is their biggest weakness and i dont believe Aquilani is the world class player that is going to address the issue in CL.And i cant base how Milan is strong based what they will do in January window.

At present City and Bayern have the stronger teams on paper and hence stronger.Considering this Milan team dont have any pedigree either(Unlike say United ) at the moment I dont see any other reason to believe otherwise.

Thats actually not the best way to judge a team.

Football is a team sport and you judge teams based on results and their strengths and weaknesses and their abilities.

City have so far only proven their Top 4 qualification and a spectacular run of form in the first games of the season against crap teams.

Milan? They've already proven themselves BG as we won the damn scudetto how in the world do we not possess pedigree?

Bayern simply have more depth and are capable of beating us but my arguement is to say how are they a "better" TEAM.

But the fact is they have yet to prove themselves based on results and what has been won.

Looking at the names on paper is surface value and primary.

Conclusively, they are on the same level yet on isn't better then the other.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:15

Dont fight it fellow rossoneri, all Serie A teams are sh*t until proven otherwise, lets all give bayern, chelsea and city the benefit of the doubt because unlike Milan( league wining champions) they have done much more to prove they are better, i mean 4th place in Bundas , 2nd and 3rd in BPL is a greater achievement than winning Serie A..

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:32

Once again, that team cannot be compared solely because their team has improved by name. They have a different manager with a completely different philosophy who has yet to prove himself in the Bundes and CL.
Bringing that team up is irrelevant.

Probably true.They are yet to prove themselves in CL to an extent but dont agree that their philosophy is different.They just defend properly now with proper defenders.I am just pointing out this same group of players have the pedigree of reaching a CL final not so long ago unlike this Milan team.

Yes but the difference of spurs of last year and Kiev is a vast ocean of difference. Also, the difference is that Kiev completely outclassed City as compared to Spurs who scraped by Milan. When someone says City is better then Milan, you have to see what they have done to prove that as so far they haven't prove anything but their ability to splash the cash.

Not really it was a Europa league clash just like Liverpool losing to Braga City cant be judged on how they fared against Kiev.

Yes most are saying City are better than Milan based on the cash splashed by City but what that cash has done is bring world class players to City which improved them to have one of the best teams in Europe.Just like it did for Madrid and Chelsea before.

Once again, this Spurs is a shadow of Spurs last season as their confidence, form, recent results, visual differentiation between the 2 teams as well as approach to the game is completely different to last year. Its like comparing the Liverpool of 2008-09 to Liverpool of Rafa's last year. So much can difference can happen over a summer as Spurs are simply half the team they were last year simply based on that their glorious run of form has expired and they not have that gung-ho attack mentality anymore. They are back to being spurs.

As i said they have slightly weakened but not to the extent of being thjrashed 5-1 at home.That was mainly due to the brilliance of City.Even the old Spurs have never have been thrashed like this away from home let alone at WHL.

And not lost a single game? Where did you get this from?

I was referring to their home form.They didnt lose a single home game last year so to thrashed 5-1 is a magnificent achievement by City.As i asked earlier can u really see Chelsea or Milan going to WHL and thrashing them like that? I certainly cant see that.

Thats actually not the best way to judge a team.

Football is a team sport and you judge teams based on results and their strengths and weaknesses and their abilities.

City have so far only proven their Top 4 qualification and a spectacular run of form in the first games of the season against crap teams.

You cant seriously dismiss Spurs as a weak team.Yes they are slightly weakened but certainly not to the extent of being crap.They are still a team capable of finishing 6th comfortably.

Milan? They've already proven themselves BG as we won the damn scudetto how in the world do we not possess pedigree?

Bayern simply have more depth and are capable of beating us but my arguement is to say how are they a "better" TEAM.

But the fact is they have yet to prove themselves based on results and what has been won.

Looking at the names on paper is surface value and primary.

Conclusively, they are on the same level yet on isn't better then the other.

IMO there is a massive difference btw winning a domestic league and winning Cl ties in knock out stages.because in knock out ties first XI win u games whereas squads win u titles.So i dont consider winning the Seria A title by Milan as pedigree for how strong they will be in Konck out stage otherwise then one have to consider BVB as a team equal with Milan or Chelsea or Bayern which they simply arent.

Both Bayern and City have better teams on paper than Milan and have started the season stronger.So i dont think Milan are a better team than them at the moment.Maybe they will be prove me wrong but until then both City and Bayern as favourites ahead of Milan for CL this year.

Edit:

I dont think they are exactly a level ahead of Milan but certainly better team than Milan

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:57; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:38

Did someone say Milans attack is stronger than Bayerns? Milan has one of the strongest attacks in the world, but in my opinion Bayern has THE STRONGEST. Robben, Ribery, Muller, and Gomez supported by Schweini and/or Kroos is MUCH stronger than Ibra, Pato, Cassano, and Robinho supported by Aquilani and/or KPB. Not to mention Schweini, Kroos, and Gustavo being much better than Aquilani, KPB, and MVB/Gattuso/Ambrosini.

The only part of the field Milan is stronger in is the center of defense, and its not by much, though Nesta-Silva is better than Boateng-Van Buyten/Badstuber. But Bayern is stronger on the fullbacks, as Lahm and Rafinha are noticeably better than Abate and either Antonini or Taiwo.

So overall?

Keeper: Bayern >>>>>> Milan.

Center defenders: Milan > Bayern.

Fullbacks: Bayern >>>> Milan.

Center Midfield: Bayern >> Milan.

Attack: Bayern >>>> Milan.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2011, 11:44

Funny how everyone is trying to analyze this logically. Have none of you learnt yet that football is not logical?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:03

Milanista-1899 wrote:Funny how everyone is trying to analyze this logically. Have none of you learnt yet that football is not logical?

Leave it be Milanista, nothing we say here will change ppl's perception of Milan, rather let the team to the talking on the pitch.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue 13 Sep 2011, 12:07

Not really it was a Europa league clash just like Liverpool losing to Braga City cant be judged on how they fared against Kiev.

Yes most are saying City are better than Milan based on the cash splashed by City but what that cash has done is bring world class players to City which improved them to have one of the best teams in Europe.Just like it did for Madrid and Chelsea before.

Braga is far better then Kiev and actually reached the final. Braga did not dominate us like Kiev did to City as the scoreline difference is also a factor.

Plus, City deployed their whole squad while we were based on playing Cole and Kuyt.

City have gotten the players, yet they need results in the CL and trophies to prove their worth.

As i said they have slightly weakened but not to the extent of being thjrashed 5-1 at home.That was mainly due to the brilliance of City.Even the old Spurs have never have been thrashed like this away from home let alone at WHL.

No, they've been considerably weakened.

Brilliance by City? Tottenham allowed them gaps as large as the red sea while Dawson and his FBs who were superb last year made rookie mistakes.

I was referring to their home form.They didnt lose a single home game last year so to thrashed 5-1 is a magnificent achievement by City.As i asked earlier can u really see Chelsea or Milan going to WHL and thrashing them like that? I certainly cant see that.

As mentioned, I don't buy the hype of WHL as Milan made Spurs look like school boys as the only difference was a goal wasn't scored by their defensive and park the bus heroics.

You cant seriously dismiss Spurs as a weak team.Yes they are slightly weakened but certainly not to the extent of being crap.They are still a team capable of finishing 6th comfortably

The way they played was crap as it was Tottenham's disgraceful performance as mentioned above. I predict Tottenham achieving a lower result.

IMO there is a massive difference btw winning a domestic league and winning Cl ties in knock out stages.So i dont consider winning the Seria A title by Milan as pedigree for how strong they will be in Konck out stage otherwise then one have to consider BVB as a team equal with Milan or Chelsea or Bayern which they simply arent.

Both Bayern and City have better teams on paper than Milan and have started the season stronger.So i dont think Milan are a better team than them at the moment.Maybe they will be prove me wrong but until then both City and Bayern as favourites ahead of Milan for CL this year.

A knockout tie is only 2 matches while a season is 20+ matches. Domestic titles is where consistency can be proven. Arsenal has been good in the CL but been woeful in the domestic as domestic play is a large measure of consistency and ability on a weekly basis.

Some teams fail in Europe simply based on the difference of football style from Domestic and Europe. Preparing for europe is completely different then preparing for domestic and people should understand it is not always the best teams going through in the CL. Milan have proven themselves on winning the scudetto as this is based on a consistent basis.

Its like Cappello who is the master of 2 legged ties yet is less impressive on a league basis.

The fact is that there are too many circumstances and factors to judge teams unless done so on a consistent basis.

City have more depth, but will only prove themselves if they can win the PL and go far in the CL.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 13 Sep 2011, 13:54

Cookie Monster wrote:
jibers wrote:Teams ahead of Milan at this moment in time: Barcelona, Manchester United, Manchester City, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Chelsea...

Really? Chelsea? :facepalm:

Also, Milan's attack >>>>> Bayern's attack, Milan' defense >>>>> Bayern's defense, Milan overall > Bayern overall.

The other four teams are definitely ahead of Milan but seriously to say that bayern and chelsea are better is kind of insulting...

lol no bayern attack>> milan's attack.. at least the bayern guys deliver on the big stage.. you have ibrahimovic whos world class but fails to decieve specially in cl.. then pato has never really got going, robinho is the classic story of so much potential, so much waste.. cassano is great but too inconsistent... bayern have mario gomez, on form best striker, ribery , muller and of course when fit one of the most decisive players in the world robben... plus their midfield is better, schweini , kroos, gustavo are all very good better than milan's aeging mid with no world class centre/ defensive mid currently
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue 13 Sep 2011, 14:54

I think we can't judge City until we see them in action in the CL. Yeah, they might have a superteam but that means shit in the big stage.

Goalkeepers, I'd say we're equal. We have Duke Nukem but I rate Abiatti very highly. Butt is a solid backup and you have Amelia. Not much difference, at least not short term.

Milan have better defense than Bayern? Well, in the central category, sure. Not in fullbacks. Lahm is world class and Rafinha is a good player, just not rated because of 1 bad Genoa season. He was great in Schalke and that's currently his form. Our backups in Contento, Pranjic and Boateng who can play there aren't bad, either. At least on par with Zambrotta and Antonini.

Midfield... sorry to say, but Bayern takes this pretty easily. Sure, Milan have a thousand midfielders but none really stand out. Milan should have kept Pirlo. Bayern's midfield is only behind Barca's IMO. Schweinsteiger, Gustavo, Tymoschuck, Kroos, Mueller, Ribéry, Robben, Pranjic and our youth players in Usami, Alaba are also good. Our DMs (Tymo, Gustavo) can play at CB so our depth isn't as bad as it's made out to be. Gustavo can also play as LB. Like Barca, our midfield is the heart of our team.

Attack: goes to Milan, as strange as it may sound. Gomez is the only striker we currently have. Petersen is unproven. Olic is amazing but is injured long term and will take a while to come back. Compare that to Ibra, Pato, Cassano, Robinho... Milan takes this.

Overall, you can't really put down a superior team, but Bayern dominates midfields and that's Milan's weakness. Our defense has improved dramatically. Both squads have great chemistry, winner's attitude, international players. We're in the same class.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 15:10

Neuer >>>>>> Abbiati

Lahm >>>>>> Abate
Nesta > Van Buyten
Silva > Boateng > Badstuber
Rafinha > Antonini

Schweinsteiger >>>>> Boateng/Aquilani
Van Bommel > Gustavo > Ambrosini/Gattuso

Robben >> Robinho
Ribery > Cassano
Muller > Pato

Ibrahimovic > Gomez

Overall, a Milan-Bayern XI would look like this:

--Neuer--
--Lahm-- --Silva-- --Nesta-- --Rafinha--
--Schweini-- --Van Bommel--
--Robben-- --Muller-- --Ribery--
--Ibrahimovic--

Thats 7 Bayern players to 4 Milan players, and on top of that the comparisons above show Bayern is better. But damn, thats a scary team right there. Robbery feeding Ibracadabra, wow.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue 13 Sep 2011, 15:14

Lahm is now functioning as a left back and Antonini is our third choice left-back behind Taiwo and Zambrotta, hardly a fair comparison made there. Lahm on the left, Abate on the right, otherwise I'd agree with the choices made.

Also that team is unbelievably awesome.

It's still not a fair mode of comparison though, however I don't have the time to retype everything, you can refer to my previous posts.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3