Fadi
Rabea
Raptorgunner
37 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Qatar 2022 could cost £138bn - Page 3 Empty Re: Qatar 2022 could cost £138bn

Post by zizzle Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Adit wrote:People who think this 140 bn is only for 1 month of football is retarded,most of money spend on its infra's will be useful for the future.

these staduims are not gonna be used after the world cup, or at least not regulerly since qatar already its own staduims. but wat a country of a population of less than 1 million is gonna do with these huge staduims is a mystory

Qatar already has world class infrastructure that is suffecient for its population, for the forigners who work there, and for its future growth. What they're going to build is only to accommodate the world cup fans, but once the event is over this structure is gonna become useless since they wont be hosting another huge event any time soon

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:20 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Fadi wrote:
zizzle wrote:
sportsczy wrote:So let me get this straight: because they are a rich country and want to spend lavishly on an event, Qatar is somehow unethical and exhibiting an inferiority complex??? Wow. That's an amazing statement.

I actually get the sense that because most of Europe is broke, some of the European posters are just bitter that their countries are being marginalized in today's world. My sense is that there's envy and bitterness exhibited.

they are air conditioning a desert ffs ! id understand if it's just the staduims ! but they're even air conditioning open areas ! do you know how crazy is that ?

and how do you explain the the Qataris are going against their own lows, traditions, and religion and allow drinking during the world cup ! doesnt that seem a little bit despirate ?

exactly!, i agree with what you just said. this kind of spending is totally unacceptable, it'd have been ok if they were spending that money to build industries or to make technologies but spending 143 billions on a sport event that will only last for a month is just crazy!, all those stadiums will be totally useless after the world, this isn't just stupid, it's retarded......

The funny thing is most of Qatar's population are not interested in football. you can always see empty seats even when their National team has a important game. i'm recalling Iran's game with them. i saw too many empty seats despite the game was at Doha.

Why spending so much on football when no one is interesed in it, stupid isn't it ?

Or maybe they are doing it to raise interest in football in their own country and worldwide as it would only benefit them in the long run (National team wise, Barcelona and PSG)

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:
zizzle wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
zizzle wrote:
sportsczy wrote:So let me get this straight: because they are a rich country and want to spend lavishly on an event, Qatar is somehow unethical and exhibiting an inferiority complex??? Wow. That's an amazing statement.

I actually get the sense that because most of Europe is broke, some of the European posters are just bitter that their countries are being marginalized in today's world. My sense is that there's envy and bitterness exhibited.

they are air conditioning a desert ffs ! id understand if it's just the staduims ! but they're even air conditioning open areas ! do you know how crazy is that ?

and how do you explain the the Qataris are going against their own lows, traditions, and religion and allow drinking during the world cup ! doesnt that seem a little bit despirate ?

How is this your problem? Why is it a problem to begin with? Who are you to judge anyone frankly?

first it was "its their money" and now its "who are you to judge". that tells alot...

Its my problem because i despise hypocrisy and those who preach what they dont practice

How does it "tell a lot"?

Tell me, what is you basis for rendering judgement on this? What code of conduct and ethics are you using? Have you heard of the term "cultural relativism". If you haven't, look it up.

lol 'look it up', so now you're assuming things about me that you dont know. stop humilating yourself
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Fadi wrote:so according to these fools, it's OK to spend 143 billions on a sport event!!!, it'd have been ok if it was done by individuals, rich guys who just want to show of or something but when it's done by a goverment it's gross and unacceptable!..

that money isn't even theirs!, it's the people's !, i don't believe the emir of Qatar has the authority to do whatever he wants with that money!, it's not his money..

It is theirs. It's a kingdom. They own the land. Whether you agree with their system of government is irrelevant. It's up to the people to push for a change if they want. Just for your info, the people of Qatar are actually happy. They get everything for free from the government: Qataris don't pay income tax, and they're provided with free utilities and health care. Education is also heavily subsidized, with Qatari students often receiving full scholarships to attend universities. In exchange for these perks, Qataris allow Sheikh al-Thani to rule unopposed.

and you have the guts to call others ignorants???, this has to be one of the most ignorant statements i've ever read..

they own the land??, it's their kingdom??, britian is a kingdom but i don't see the queen doing as she likes!, sweden is a kingdom yet the king of sweden can't do with his country's resources as he pleases. same goes with holland, thailand and other kingdoms in the world..

the time when kings used to own their countries is long gone!, this isn't the medieval ages no more, nobody should own a country, a country is for its people, all of them not its king and his family, so according to you, the qatari royal family own the country and the people are what??, their servants??.....

your ignorance is too much for me to handle..
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Fadi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Fadi wrote:so according to these fools, it's OK to spend 143 billions on a sport event!!!, it'd have been ok if it was done by individuals, rich guys who just want to show of or something but when it's done by a goverment it's gross and unacceptable!..

that money isn't even theirs!, it's the people's !, i don't believe the emir of Qatar has the authority to do whatever he wants with that money!, it's not his money..

It is theirs. It's a kingdom. They own the land. Whether you agree with their system of government is irrelevant. It's up to the people to push for a change if they want. Just for your info, the people of Qatar are actually happy. They get everything for free from the government: Qataris don't pay income tax, and they're provided with free utilities and health care. Education is also heavily subsidized, with Qatari students often receiving full scholarships to attend universities. In exchange for these perks, Qataris allow Sheikh al-Thani to rule unopposed.

and you have the guts to call others ignorants???, this has to be one of the most ignorant statements i've ever read..

they own the land??, it's their kingdom??, britian is a kingdom but i don't see the queen doing as she likes!, sweden is a kingdom yet the king of sweden can't do with his country's resources as he pleases. same goes with holland, thailand and other kingdoms in the world..

the time when kings used to own their countries is long gone!, this isn't the medieval ages no more, nobody should own a country, a country is for its people, all of them not its king and his family, so according to you, the qatari royal family own the country and the people are what??, their servants??.....

You're so stupid, it actually hurts lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Fadi you are nobody to insult the way the Qatari's decide to live...and you could have insulted the president himself (you don't have the right too...but just saying) instead of insulting Arab sheikhs.

I must give props to Sportsczy for going on in an argument like this lol
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Fadi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

You're so stupid, it actually hurts lol.

yeah, that's very credible coming from the prick who said: "It is theirs. It's a kingdom. They own the land"!!...
it's because of people like you there's ignorance, corruption, wars and bullshit is our world...
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 pm

please lets stop calling each other stupid or ignorant. Thanks
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadi Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 pm

ali8775 wrote:Fadi you are nobody to insult the way the Qatari's decide to live...and you could have insulted the president himself (you don't have the right too...but just saying) instead of insulting Arab sheikhs.

I must give props to Sportsczy for going on in an argument like this lol

the qataris didn't decide anything!, they don't even vote there!, it's a tribe ruling a whole country, they do as they please, someday this will hange when one day people in qatar, saudia arabia, emirates and other arab countries will wake up and decide to end this tyranny...

things used to be like this in tunisia, egypt and libya you know......
Fadi
Fadi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Crimson wrote:
El Pipita wrote:
Fadi wrote:
zizzle wrote:

exactly!, i agree with what you just said. this kind of spending is totally unacceptable, it'd have been ok if they were spending that money to build industries or to make technologies but spending 143 billions on a sport event that will only last for a month is just crazy!, all those stadiums will be totally useless after the world, this isn't just stupid, it's retarded......

The funny thing is most of Qatar's population are not interested in football. you can always see empty seats even when their National team has a important game. i'm recalling Iran's game with them. i saw too many empty seats despite the game was at Doha.

Why spending so much on football when no one is interesed in it, stupid isn't it ?

Or maybe they are doing it to raise interest in football in their own country and worldwide as it would only benefit them in the long run (National team wise, Barcelona and PSG)

They've also hosted 2011 Asian Cup to raise interest amongst their people but still you could see they are not interested in it. they aren't passionate about football at all and it's hard to predict they will be interested in the future either.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:34 pm

You guys really need to look up Qatar and read about the country.

There are no sectarian issues there. None. The ruling family represents an overwhelming majority of the people... and enjoys overwhelming support. You people think that the issues that exist in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain permeate across the region. You are dead wrong. These are all different countries. You don't have non-ruling groups that are persecuted in Qatar (the UAE is like Qatar). It is a relatively progressive country for the region.

I won't even get into the person comparing a ME kingdom to England and Sweden lol. The western world is completely irrelevant here.

I'm done with this. It's becoming too much to bear lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:36 pm

zizzle wrote:
Adit wrote:People who think this 140 bn is only for 1 month of football is retarded,most of money spend on its infra's will be useful for the future.

these staduims are not gonna be used after the world cup, or at least not regulerly since qatar already its own staduims. but wat a country of a population of less than 1 million is gonna do with these huge staduims is a mystory

Qatar already has world class infrastructure that is suffecient for its population, for the forigners who work there, and for its future growth. What they're going to build is only to accommodate the world cup fans, but once the event is over this structure is gonna become useless since they wont be hosting another huge event any time soon
Why cant they build for future?

With this basic infra's they could bring alot international tournaments to qatar,their chance of getting a World cup cricket or an Olympics is 1000 folds stronger than before.

These stadiums are empty excuse is really old,chinese stadiums are empty after olympics so are stadiums used in SA 2010.It is seen as a basic infra for future events not as a liability.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Wow £138 billion! That's nearly enough to pay for man city's transfer window. Razz

If it all goes well it should be interesting. I can'y imagine too many people are going to make the journey to Qatar though.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:19 pm

i wonder if that figure includes the bribes :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Messi Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 pm

They should just give that money to somali. Use it to build factories and schools. Qatar needs to know the world is bigger than just qatar.
Messi
Messi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Everything for prestige of the country. But, they should get credit for making WC more comfortable for fans and players
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Messi wrote:They should just give that money to somali. Use it to build factories and schools. Qatar needs to know the world is bigger than just qatar.

Feck this shyte. G-8 countries donate like 0.7-0.8 of their GDP to 3rd World. US snubbed Kyoto, because it threatened spending power of their citizen. Most countries in the world dont give a shyte about others, especially "Golden Billion", s why Qatar should? They didnt make a currency that rules the world or robbed colonies, etc; just sell the oil everybody needs.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:16 pm

I thought you wouldn't go so low Fadi... Absolutely pathetic generalizations.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Fadi is a Marxist. He probably loses his sh*t when he reads about others having a lot of money that he doesn't have. That's why he resorts to generalizations and stereotypes to make himself feel better.

Pro Tip: Get a real job, it's a start.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 pm

You'd think people would be happy that Qatar are actually doing this to make it an unforgettable World Cup.

Yet some people try to hate in every way possible. Keep trying to rain on the parade people Rolling Eyes
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Hey cmon now, no need to talk about someone's belief like that Wink
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Messi wrote:They should just give that money to somali. Use it to build factories and schools. Qatar needs to know the world is bigger than just qatar.

that sounds like a communist idea imo....

also Zealous, you shouldn't have gone that far m8
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah you're right RG. Sorry about that.

I apologise about that remark Fadi.

However I still think you are wrong in this case. I also think your stereotyping was quite shameful.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 pm

The mindset that says this money should be donated to other countries, whilst of noble and good intentions, is a bit stupid. No country would ever do such thing unless its for show.

Some say Qatar wouldn't recuperate the money, they are not looking for that at all! They want the attention of the world. Two examples are the the Asian Games in 06 and the Asian Cup held in January this year.

Qatar have bid for the 2020 Olympics, don't you think hosting the World Cup for 2022 would give them an edge since they will already invest in the infrastructure for a Sport City?!

Also when you say there isn't any local audience trust me by that time it isn't just for the qatari's alone but the surrounding countries.

Qatar is looking to establish itself as a very powerful country that's why they are splashing the cash. Saudi Arabia is the most powerful now but I personally think Qatar is pushing to be known too. I don't think many know anything about Qatar 10~20 years ago just like Dubai in the U.A.E and look where they have reached now.

They want to bring in foreign investors and ensure they stay by making these huge projects to ensure a future without oil. Do I think it'll work? I think it will to some extent just like Dubai. Even though Dubai was knocked hard by the recession it still is known and will attract people even though U.A.E don't have loads of oil anyway. Its all about that in my opinion.

Last edited by H.A. on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 pm

They are not throwing money. They spend for people, not for profits. WC provides great infrastracture that will be used later, e.g. stadiums to be turned in malls, i ve heard.

Message to our little European friends:

WC goes to Africa, you hate on ''crime, corruption''
WC goes to Brazil, you hate on ''crime, corruption''
WC goes to Russia, you hate on ''crime, corruption''

Its not all about you, football has moved on from Europe to other continents. Maybe, in 10 years time, Europe will not even be the primary destination for players, who knows.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Aside from all the already states arguments, I have a question for all those who agree with Qatar spending excessive amounts of money they will never recuperate on air conditioning a desert (guess Qatar is not a part of Kyoto either):

Who will BUILD these stadiums?

Who?

Qatari construction workers you think?

Go do your homework before you claim a moral high ground.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next