Raptorgunner
Omniscient
Arquitecto
37 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

David Villa - Page 2 Empty Re: David Villa

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:30 am

You guys do realize that Villa's efficiency was beyond horrific last year. It was around 13.5% (goals to shots taken). Everyone else i mentioned above was around the 20% range or better. To me, that's just extremely poor and cannot be considered WC... especially when you consider that most of Barca's chances come from point blank.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 am

sportsczy wrote:You guys do realize that Villa's efficiency was beyond horrific last year. It was around 13.5% (goals to shots taken). Everyone else i mentioned above was around the 20% range or better. To me, that's just extremely poor and cannot be considered WC... especially when you consider that most of Barca's chances come from point blank.

Because he had a few months of bad form he is now worse than RVP, Cavani, Aguero, Higuian and Benzema????

Xavi was just as poor as him last season bar the big games( which btw Villa always showed up in which cant say for the rest of the players that are supposedly better)

So is Xavi worse than Wilshere,Sahin, Vidal, Cabaye etc etc now is he?

I am sorry but you need to show more than 6 months of good form to be world class which iam sure came as a shock to you being a Madrid fan seeing as Marcelo and Benzema are suddenly world class after 6 months of good form :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:02 am

What Mole said.

Anyone who watched the games surely knows that apart from a 15 game spell Villa was excellent.

You can throw as many stats as you want out there, Villa was superb.

The worst thing has happened to Villa on these forums. He has sacrifced his game and done the unselfish thing in playing wider and being less of a focul point in the pursuit of winning things.

Instead of getting praise for it, he is getting rediculed.

I am sorry, but Cavani lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A, Benzema playing well for 6 months, Higuain being injured and last being relevant a season ago dont equal them being better then Villa.

I like Aguero has much as anyone on these forums and I think its close, but he isnt better then Villa either. Close though.

All I will point to is Villa scoring against Madrid, scoring in the CL final, when it really mattered we saw what Villa is about.

What have any of those players you named done on anything close to as important games?

Benz and Higuain are never anywhere to be seen against us, RVP was a silent as a church mouse up untill and after his Valdes mistake goal and Cavani barely played in Europe at all.

Aguero ruins us consistently though, I give him that. He was also great in the Europa league runs 2 seasons ago. He realistically couldnt of given anything else for Atletico in big games.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ausbaz Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Villa>Raul THATS RIGHT I WENT THERE

Based on footballing ability and goalscoring record.

ausbaz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:37 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
sportsczy wrote:You guys do realize that Villa's efficiency was beyond horrific last year. It was around 13.5% (goals to shots taken). Everyone else i mentioned above was around the 20% range or better. To me, that's just extremely poor and cannot be considered WC... especially when you consider that most of Barca's chances come from point blank.

Because he had a few months of bad form he is now worse than RVP, Cavani, Aguero, Higuian and Benzema????

Xavi was just as poor as him last season bar the big games( which btw Villa always showed up in which cant say for the rest of the players that are supposedly better)

So is Xavi worse than Wilshere,Sahin, Vidal, Cabaye etc etc now is he?

I am sorry but you need to show more than 6 months of good form to be world class which iam sure came as a shock to you being a Madrid fan seeing as Marcelo and Benzema are suddenly world class after 6 months of good form :facepalm:

Lol. We are talking about rating players currently right... not on their career resumes. Because Villa has obviously more of a resume since he's 29. As of today (that means now), Villa is not as good as the guys i mentioned. I'm not talking last September or last November. Today (let me emphasize that word so it's clear for some of the denser members "TODAY")... Villa is not part of the elite. Just isn't. He's been putrid in 2011 except for flashes here and there.

If you want to compare career CVs, i think that brings Drogba, Raul, RVN, Klose, etc. into the picture for active players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Correction. Etoo is ultimately the best, game changer and carried Inter last season on his own. You can say Villa carried Valencia, but these are different level teams.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Obsurd, Villa has had a terrible 2011...Higuain hasn even been playing in 2011.

But somehow, Higuain is better.

Last season he scored 18 league goals, Aguero is the only la Liga player on that last to score more.

Benzema had a season everyone loves to talk about, but he scored less goals while playing a central role in the team. How is that better?

Again, Cavani scored alot (26) but as I said, lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A shouldnt impress nobody.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Hmmm… Villa had a period of bad form last year and suddenly half European fws are better than him?
Come on guys. He had games in the beginning of the season where even when he wasn’t scoring his work was instrumental for the team’s victories.

Also just keep in mind that last year was his first year in this new position for him.
Then there was his bad luck. While this isn’t much of an argument, he had 13-15 wood work shots.

Let’s see how he goes this season, but no; some of the names stated above are not better than him
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 pm

The Franchise wrote:Obsurd, Villa has had a terrible 2011...Higuain hasn even been playing in 2011.

Last season he scored 18 league goals, Aguero is the only la Liga player on that last to score more.

Benzema had a season everyone loves to talk about, but he scored less goals while playing a central role in the team. How is that better?

Again, Cavani scored alot (26) but as I said, lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A shouldnt impress nobody.

You have to look at La Liga, CL and CDR. For non-Spanish teams, league, Europe and national cup.

Benzema barely played the first half of the season and had more goals than Villa at the end... so that argument goes out the window. He was in no way the focal point for most of it; only very briefly when CR7 was injured. Otherwise, the shot hog was CR7 by a mile. Benzema had half the shots Villa had if you look up the stats for the season.

Cavani is a beast that scored goals without having the Barca midfield and the number of opportunities that Villa had. Also, from Serie A is a lot tougher top to bottom than La Liga... So fail again.

Higuain... you have a point. I just did that so some of the Madrid Higuain fans wouldn't jump at my throat lol. But i agree that he doesn't belong.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:Again, Cavani scored alot (26) but as I said, lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A shouldnt impress nobody.

That is way too dismissive..How many times he has rescued Napoli by scoring last minute winners !He has literally carried Napoli on his shoulders and he is the prime reason why they have qualified for champions league..

Napoli would have been in europa league position if not for his crucial goals in pressure situations..And its not that he has racked up such an impressive tally when Napoli are sitting in a comfortable position but it has come when it matters most and he has done it on several occasions last season..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:12 pm

ausbaz wrote:Villa>Raul THATS RIGHT I WENT THERE

Based on footballing ability and goalscoring record.

hohohohoh hahahaa.. man youre so hilarious
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:46 pm

sportsczy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Obsurd, Villa has had a terrible 2011...Higuain hasn even been playing in 2011.

You have to look at La Liga, CL and CDR. For non-Spanish teams, league, Europe and national cup.

Benzema barely played the first half of the season and had more goals than Villa at the end... so that argument goes out the window. He was in no way the focal point for most of it; only very briefly when CR7 was injured. Otherwise, the shot hog was CR7 by a mile. Benzema had half the shots Villa had if you look up the stats for the season.

Cavani is a beast that scored goals without having the Barca midfield and the number of opportunities that Villa had. Also, from Serie A is a lot tougher top to bottom than La Liga... So fail again.

Higuain... you have a point. I just did that so some of the Madrid Higuain fans wouldn't jump at my throat lol. But i agree that he doesn't belong.

How did he? 34 goals to Benz 29.

Benz scored more goals in the cup, more in the CL (all against lesser sides other then Lyon), Villa outscored him for Spain and more importantly in La Liga.

Benz was a focul point, in that he played centerally. Thats his position and a position where you likely to get goals and he played it.

Villa played on the left.

Obviously Benz is more likely be on the end of things.

Benz having less shots just tells me he was on the end of things whereas Villa was and had to craft them for himself. When you play in Villa position, you often have to square up the fullback and go past him before making a shot on goal. Benz had to do far less then that to get chances. Thats the only reason Villa had more shots, he was in control of his destiny so to speak whereas Benz wasnt to that degree.

Serie A is more toughter in your opinion, not mine. Who was his goals coming againt? Serie A teams who arent impressing anyone in Europe. Villa scored goals against the biggest and best teams. This isnt even a comparision, Vila had much tougher compeition. Also isnt Cavani's goals boosted by the fact he is the penalty taker? ow many pens did he take?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Again, Cavani scored alot (26) but as I said, lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A shouldnt impress nobody.

That is way too dismissive..How many times he has rescued Napoli by scoring last minute winners !He has literally carried Napoli on his shoulders and he is the prime reason why they have qualified for champions league..

Napoli would have been in europa league position if not for his crucial goals in pressure situations..And its not that he has racked up such an impressive tally when Napoli are sitting in a comfortable position but it has come when it matters most and he has done it on several occasions last season..

Didnt say Cavani isnt good, you realise that yes?

All I am saying is Villa did his work against tougher opponants.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:51 pm

You're including Spain NT and supercopa goals there Franchise. I'm just talking about club regular season games. You have to compare apples with apples. Benz had 26 with Madrid.

If you really wanted a true comparison, it would be goals per mins played. But i don't think you want to go there because Villa just sucked in that category.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I really could go into the overall competitive landscape of Serie A and La Liga... but i've lost my energy with another thread. Needless to say, La Liga has 2 very good teams, 2-3 ok teams and the rest are crap. 2/3 of Serie A teams are very competitive.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:04 pm

sportsczy wrote:You're including Spain NT and supercopa goals there Franchise. I'm just talking about club regular season games. You have to compare apples with apples. Benz had 26 with Madrid.

If you really wanted a true comparison, it would be goals per mins played. But i don't think you want to go there because Villa just sucked in that category.

I cant include NT team games why? Do they not count? Did you not say last season Benz was better.

In La Liga, the bread and butter of the season, Villa outscored Benz..what more do yu want?

Because Benz destroyed Zagreb or whatever other trash in the CL group stage he is suddenly better?

I have already settled the goals arguement anyway, comparing them purely on goals is pretty retarded in the first place because they dont eve have the same role for their team.

As I said, big games, look at Villa and look at Benz. Nothing more to say on this matter.

Benz did nothing when it mattered, every game vs us he was awful. Its all when and good putting goals past weaklings, but in big games where was he?..Villa scored against Manchester Utd and you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:I really could go into the overall competitive landscape of Serie A and La Liga... but i've lost my energy with another thread. Needless to say, La Liga has 2 very good teams, 2-3 ok teams and the rest are crap. 2/3 of Serie A teams are very competitive.

Serie was competitive because everyone is on the same level, which was lower then the La Liga top 2 by a country mile.

Milan couldnt handle Spurs..what more evidence do we need to see Serie A isnt anything like as strong as La Liga or the PL.

Scoring in Serie A is great, its not an easy league to score in by any means. But to say because Cavani scored more goals (also took more penalties) in that league means he is better then Villa is pretty shaky logic in my book.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:22 pm

Mate do you even know the circumstances in which Milan had to face Spurs last season..So you are bringing this game as reference to backup your argument saying Serie A isnt competitive..That is just Facepalmworthy..

Nobody here is saying that Cavani is better than Villa but you are not giving him the credit when its due saying things like "Lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A"..Scoring 26 goals in a very tactical and defensive league is no joke..Agreed that he failed to impress against the top two but that doesnt take away his credibility as the top marksman in Serie A..

And most of his goals have come from open play for the record..Pls dont exagerrate by saying he took more penalties and stuff like that..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:28 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Mate do you even know the circumstances in which Milan had to face Spurs last season..So you are bringing this game as reference to backup your argument saying Serie A isnt competitive..That is just Facepalmworthy..

Nobody here is saying that Cavani is better than Villa but you are not giving him the credit when its due saying things like "Lighting up the tattered remains of Serie A"..Scoring 26 goals in a very tactical and defensive league is no joke..Agreed that he failed to impress against the top two but that doesnt take away his credibility as the top marksman in Serie A..

And most of his goals have come from open play for the record..Pls dont exagerrate by saying he took more penalties and stuff like that..

They had players missing.....it happens..its why you need a squad.

If we had Iniesta against Inter, we might have won 3 CL in a row...but we didnt have him, we had Keita and lost..it happens, tough luck, should of had a better squad.

Who said Serie A isnt competitive? I said it is very compeititve.

The problem is quality, no team was that high level last season..as proven by their performances in Europe.

Nobody is saying Cavani is better then Villa...I think you will find, yes, they are saying that.

Why are you so defensive? I said he did very well and I said he deserved credit for what he did..within Serie A..but you cant give him anymore credit then that.

Your responding as if I said he is worthless.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:35 pm

What is this serie A some of you are talking about? Ive never heard of this league before, yet its the league that is a benchmark of being a great player, if succeeded. If anything its quite a borefest of a league.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I'll ignore Omarish's comment as I like the guy.

I come into the thread and find Eto being superior to Villa. While I don't think that is true, it is opinion in the end its arguable.

Then.... I get hit with a those rare windstorm opinions that completely knock the wind of me, and actually make me laugh after reading the post. Seriously.... laughing heartily as this is one of the few times I actually am expressing the overused abreviation: LOL.

This pertains with Sportszy's post on Villa and his comparison to fellow striker. I'm dumbfounded to the point where I can't even bother to put up a debate.

But I don't mean to be callous as I do agree on his point's on Serie A and its strength as this point is spot on.

But I don't agree with Dani on the serie a.

Dani,

Milan vs spurs first leg involved a manager with little European experience in which Milan were in their worst form by a country mile in their season as confidence was low through horrible results, injuries and the fact that Allegri choose his worst midfield combination (try to understand the underlined) as the combination of the midfield along with the formation to hold it was the last time he used it as our the midfield was simply our demise. Keep in mind during this period, Allegri was already receiving criticism for his team before hand. Plus, Ibra's goal was completely wrongfully disallowed just because of a slight nudge on Dawson who made a total meal of it.

2nd leg? We completely dominated. As in played them off the park as our regular form and confidence was back as this was the point Allegri found his system and it showed. How did we not get through?

Gomez suddenly turned into Casillas where Dawson put the performance of his life and Gallas made to goalline clearances.

Oh yea, and robinho's finishing (I'm sure you've heard of this).

Yea, we didn't win, but Spurs went through by a hairline and the first leg was simply due to our performance and meek mentality at the time and not spurs quality as they looked poor themselves.

Serie A? I'll state again that in the EL, Serie a continue to show their negligence judging by their squad selection and approach is this can't be judged by that.

CL? Roma were a shadow of who they were in the season before last year with internal problems and horrible results in serie a. Inter? As far as I know, Inter themselves were poor due to manegerial changes, injuries against Schalke as they even beat Bayern Munich.

I'm simply saying your underestimating Serie A dani. Thats really about it.

But I agree on all you other points on the topic.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:40 pm

David Villa - Page 2 Benzvilla-1

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:43 pm

sportsczy wrote:David Villa - Page 2 Benzvilla-1
Benzema>Villa David Villa - Page 2 1499845164 David Villa - Page 2 1499845164 David Villa - Page 2 1499845164
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:52 pm

Assists?

Villa is also limited by usually being played on the left flank. Think of Henry, sportsczy. Not really great with the goals but you can't doubt his presence.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Assists?

Villa is also limited by usually being played on the left flank. Think of Henry, sportsczy. Not really great with the goals but you can't doubt his presence.

8 assists for Benzema and 6 for Villa.

That's actually the main attracton for Benz... He's not a 9. He's a 9.5. He playmakes for everyone. You're seeing it flourish this year in the preseason where he dished out 2 assists and scored a goal in the 2 supercopa games. He's a better creator than Villa.

He was pushed to play a pure 9 last year because Mou didn't want him roaming. Now, he roams.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:59 pm

sportsczy wrote:David Villa - Page 2 Benzvilla-1

Lampard>>>>>Zidane then Laughing

Plus i see your ignoring the LW thing(Stick Benzema on the left wing and see how great he does lmao) and the fact Villa hardly started any of the cup games and Benzema is only ahead of Villa because of his hatrick against Auxerre in the CL....

Also big games? Benzema is no where to be seen and Villa scores,assists or is a major part in the victory nearly everytime...

I cant believe iam even discussing this but considering your a frenchman and Madrid fan it all suddenly comes clear Laughing

Oh and dont know where you got that stat from but Villa got 9 assists last year Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next