24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Predict this Serie A season - Page 4 Empty Re: Predict this Serie A season

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 am

zizzle wrote:
sciacca wrote:
zizzle wrote:
sciacca wrote:Totti back then was always injury prone, gets your information right and yet did great. His fitness has nothing do with with being a prima punta, he is able to play full games without problems in that positions.

He's not the same player, He scored 12 goals under Montella under half a season, just as much as Matri and Pazzini ffs. What are you talking about?

im talking about being immoble, im talking about modern football, im talking about Enrique's system that doesnt suit a player like Totti

just compare Totti to del piero, ever since the days of Capello and Del was being treated like shit, being benched when he deserved to start, but he never made a fuss out of it and instead proving his worth on the field by dragging his team to victory whenever he was fielded. thats a class player i respect, not a thug like totti

LOL? And Totti never brought Roma to victory numerous times, alright I heard enough

LOL back at you, how you came to that conclusion is beyond me
i said del piero dragged his team to victory from the bench, why cant totti do that ?
del piero >> totti in every way there is so the least i expect from totti is to accept the role del piero accepted

How I come to that conclusion you fail to realize, TOTTI DID THAT LAST SEASON !

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:46 am

sciacca wrote:
zizzle wrote:
The Fonz wrote:
zizzle wrote:Tatti baffles me really, he's no longer the player he once was, he's injury prone, and his fitness is shit, why wouldnt he accept a substitute role and use his influence to support his coach ? its just amazing how he's willing to drag is club down just so he can be fielded

Just after beating Baggios record last season ..Nordahls next ...

Haters gonna hate ... :coffee:

thats so irrelevent i dont even know what to say ? did he score these 200+ goals last season or has he been working on it for the past 10 years when he was a better player than he is now

You do know that it took Baggio that long for him to score most of his goals right? Around Totti's age? How stupid is to say and expect Totti to score mega goals per season... It's like saying Del Piero is expected to score 15 goals + per seaosn, cry me a river for crying out loud. You basically proved your point, Totti has been consisent and at his best for 10 years.

man what the hell ! where did i say i expect del peiro or totti to score that much ?
i said totti is no longer the player he is, he said he broke a record, i said that record wasnt broken in one match but during his long career, so its irrelivent to bring it up when he're discussing today's totti not his career
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:47 am

Today's Totti managed to score 12 goals in half a season equivalent to Matri and Pazzini :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 am

today's totti is incompatable with his team's tactics. you dont change your tactics for one player

edit: you stated your points i stated mine, lets just agree to disagree and go back to discussing the thread

Last edited by zizzle on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:49 am

On topic, it is really difficult to analyze given the very close competition. I would say that injuries and other duties will decide who wins first place. Also, the three CL spots will make this insanely competitive.

Here goes my Analysis:

Milan:

Milan has the strongest squad if they stay injury free. However, any serious injuries to the CB's or full backs and Milan will suffer greatly. A healthy T.Silva is a necessity. As for the midfield, I still think it is our weakest department, and that it all depends on whether Aquilani rediscovers himself or not.

Also, the CL campaign will test our depth. If we get out early, then Serie A will become our priority and hence a top 2 finish will probably be in the cards. But if we go far, I can see us sacrificing the league and may even get third spot.

Verdict: Milan will finish anywhere from 4th to 1st depending on injury and CL progress.

Inter:

Inter is a weaker team than last year. But they still have quality in their ranks. If they stay healthy enough, and if Ceasar plays better than last year then I can see them competing for the title, but not the CL. If the Forlan and Zarate gamble pays off then they will become favorites.

Inter usually had really deep squads, not anymore. Inter will eventually get defeated in the CL, and then they will be a serious competition.

Verdict: Inter can finish anywhere from 5th to 1st depending on the Forlan/Zarate gamble, and on Gaspirini's tactics.

Juve:

I really like this Juve team, and if they click they will become a force to be reckoned with. Juve's problem last year was lack of quality depth and inconstancy. This year they have more depth, but not quality depth. The campaign depends on them not suffering from any injuries.

Because they have no other obligations, Juve should take advantage of the first months. If they don't finish 1st or 2nd in the Winter, I can't see them winning the league.

Verdict: 3rd to 1st if they stay healthy and Conte's plans click. 4rd to 6th if they don't.

Roma:

The most improved squad. It all really depends on how the squad jells together. If they start strong and keep the momentum I can see them competing for the title. Yet, if the start like last year, I can see them not even reaching a CL spot.

Again, lack of European football will only help. Same as Juve above.

Verdict: All over the place depending on their team jelling or not.

Napoli:

Napoli will be confident in their skill to compete. Especially after their summer market. Good depth and a quality first team makes them favorites for the CL spot. However, they have CL football which will test their depth to the limit.

I can't see Napoli going far in their group which will be good for them Serie A wise. However, if both Roma and Juve were ahead by then, then Napoli will not be able to overtake them simply. If they fall into the EL, I predict they will commit suicide there in order to compete for Serie A. If by divine miracle they go to the CL group stages, I actually think the confidence boost will make them stronger.

Verdict: European responsibility will kill their chances to get the title. If they cope with that however, they become realistic contenders. 5th to 2nd is the more realistic observation though.

Lazio:

Lazio simply does not have the strength to compete for both the EL and Serie A. I can see them making a choice in which to take seriously. If they take the EL seriously then they will not finish above 3rd. If they take Serie seriously then they will not finish below 5th. I don't see them winning the league.

If however they make the mistake of trying to take both seriously, they might even finish below 6th. To Lazio, make your choice and stick with it.

Verdict: 7th to 2nd based on what choices they take.

Summary:

Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, and Napoli all have the ability to win the league. Milan being favorites. But the 3 CL spots are going to be ridiculously competitive to get. Roma and Juve are unpredictable horses, while Napoli is the dark horse of the competition. It is also entirely possible that one of Inter, Milan, does not get the CL spot.

Tune in ladies and gentlemen, this season is going to be a tense ride.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:50 am

zizzle wrote:today's totti is incompatable with his team's tactics. you dont change your tactics for one player

Alright so we depend on Osvaldo over Totti? I hear ya' bro :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:07 am

Only stable team is milan.

Inter roma juve lazio napoli could all contend for the title but at least one is bound to have a subpar season.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:25 am

Lord Spencer wrote:On topic, it is really difficult to analyze given the very close competition. I would say that injuries and other duties will decide who wins first place. Also, the three CL spots will make this insanely competitive.

Here goes my Analysis:

Milan:

Milan has the strongest squad if they stay injury free. However, any serious injuries to the CB's or full backs and Milan will suffer greatly. A healthy T.Silva is a necessity. As for the midfield, I still think it is our weakest department, and that it all depends on whether Aquilani rediscovers himself or not.

Also, the CL campaign will test our depth. If we get out early, then Serie A will become our priority and hence a top 2 finish will probably be in the cards. But if we go far, I can see us sacrificing the league and may even get third spot.

Verdict: Milan will finish anywhere from 4th to 1st depending on injury and CL progress.

Inter:

Inter is a weaker team than last year. But they still have quality in their ranks. If they stay healthy enough, and if Ceasar plays better than last year then I can see them competing for the title, but not the CL. If the Forlan and Zarate gamble pays off then they will become favorites.

Inter usually had really deep squads, not anymore. Inter will eventually get defeated in the CL, and then they will be a serious competition.

Verdict: Inter can finish anywhere from 5th to 1st depending on the Forlan/Zarate gamble, and on Gaspirini's tactics.

Juve:

I really like this Juve team, and if they click they will become a force to be reckoned with. Juve's problem last year was lack of quality depth and inconstancy. This year they have more depth, but not quality depth. The campaign depends on them not suffering from any injuries.

Because they have no other obligations, Juve should take advantage of the first months. If they don't finish 1st or 2nd in the Winter, I can't see them winning the league.

Verdict: 3rd to 1st if they stay healthy and Conte's plans click. 4rd to 6th if they don't.

Roma:

The most improved squad. It all really depends on how the squad jells together. If they start strong and keep the momentum I can see them competing for the title. Yet, if the start like last year, I can see them not even reaching a CL spot.

Again, lack of European football will only help. Same as Juve above.

Verdict: All over the place depending on their team jelling or not.

Napoli:

Napoli will be confident in their skill to compete. Especially after their summer market. Good depth and a quality first team makes them favorites for the CL spot. However, they have CL football which will test their depth to the limit.

I can't see Napoli going far in their group which will be good for them Serie A wise. However, if both Roma and Juve were ahead by then, then Napoli will not be able to overtake them simply. If they fall into the EL, I predict they will commit suicide there in order to compete for Serie A. If by divine miracle they go to the CL group stages, I actually think the confidence boost will make them stronger.

Verdict: European responsibility will kill their chances to get the title. If they cope with that however, they become realistic contenders. 5th to 2nd is the more realistic observation though.

Lazio:

Lazio simply does not have the strength to compete for both the EL and Serie A. I can see them making a choice in which to take seriously. If they take the EL seriously then they will not finish above 3rd. If they take Serie seriously then they will not finish below 5th. I don't see them winning the league.

If however they make the mistake of trying to take both seriously, they might even finish below 6th. To Lazio, make your choice and stick with it.

Verdict: 7th to 2nd based on what choices they take.

Summary:

Milan, Inter, Juve, Roma, and Napoli all have the ability to win the league. Milan being favorites. But the 3 CL spots are going to be ridiculously competitive to get. Roma and Juve are unpredictable horses, while Napoli is the dark horse of the competition. It is also entirely possible that one of Inter, Milan, does not get the CL spot.

Tune in ladies and gentlemen, this season is going to be a tense ride.

Тhank you for the great read even I thou I don't agree with some part ( 1-2%) it was amazing and good analyze
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:39 am

Great thread!!

Maybe next time we can compare Buffon and Vieri!!!

Yeah!!!

Vieri > Buffon lolz! Buffon doesn't even score!!!

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:24 am

1. Milan - Unless their midfield fails, their quality up front will deliver them the title.

2. Napoli - Another strong season coming up.

3. Inter - The team is just so old. Lucio, Stankovic, Zanetti, Cordoba, Cambiasso, Forlan, Samuel, Chivu, Milito, Maicon... All over 30. I think it will start to show.

4. Juventus - Could finish higher, but I think they lack the final punch.

5. Roma - Rising, but not like a rocket.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:09 am

i love how every thread or post about inter says we're weak and have no depth.
Predict this Serie A season - Page 4 214378_F_C__Internazionale

yeah, were f**ked :coffee:
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:39 am

Well, if Millito plays like last season. Lucio gets injured. Forlan and Zarate don't adapt. Then you are not as strong as you can be. Which was why I said in my post that injuries and depth will decide the title and not the first team strength.

(Of course, the same thing applies to all other teams and not just Inter)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:40 am

Lazy to give my explanations..So my prediction goes like this..

1.Milan
2.Inter
3.Juve
4.Roma
5.Napoli
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:48 am

1. Napoli
2. Milan
3. Roma
4. Inter
5. Lazio

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:21 am

hmm.. let's see..

1. Milan
2. Juventus
3. Roma
4. Napoli
5. Inter :cherry:
6. Fiorentina
7. Udineze
8. Lazio
9. Genoa

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:22 pm

I HATE when people say if milito plays like last season.... once he got his groove back from injury .... HE WAS SCORING. Vs. Palermo, vs. Schalke, two extremely important games... you guys make him seem like Torres. Milito never lost his touch he just hasnt had time to show it. And now hes doing great in preseason... proving my point. No depth? we have the most depth out of any serie a side.

Milito Pazzini? Can you even picture one on the bench? Cambiasso... poli... motta. Nagatomo, chivu. Maicon, jonathan. You could make a serie a title contending side with our bench.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:26 pm

I don't rate Milito that high..I think he's past it personally
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 am

Internal wrote:i love how every thread or post about inter says we're weak and have no depth. Predict this Serie A season - Page 4 214378_F_C__Internazionale

I think it's more to do with Gasperini tbh..
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:33 am

Internal wrote:i love how every thread or post about inter says we're weak and have no depth.

u better beg god that u don't end up in midfield with :

Zanetti , coutinho , Maicon and Poli ....does that look like inter and top club midfield Neutral ....Zanetti is old bro he can't run that much , coutinho is not what ppl hyped about and Maicon is not the same ...while poli needs time to develop and grow :/
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:49 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Internal wrote:i love how every thread or post about inter says we're weak and have no depth.

u better beg god that u don't end up in midfield with :

Zanetti , coutinho , Maicon and Poli ....does that look like inter and top club midfield Neutral ....Zanetti is old bro he can't run that much , coutinho is not what ppl hyped about and Maicon is not the same ...while poli needs time to develop and grow :/

Zanetti will be just fine, he's an athletic freak. Coutinho looked great at the wc and is looking beastly in preseason. I fully expect him to have a breakout year. And there's still thiago motta and, god forbid, muntari if need be. Inters depth is just fine, if anything our tactics will hinder us.
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:56 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-XtOVvINDk

Zanetti doing one of his classic runs just last year. He ran the length of the field beating 3-4 defenders and crossing.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by 23arshavin23 Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:52 am

I dont know how people still underestimate zanetti's work rate and athleticism ...
23arshavin23
23arshavin23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:54 am

Milan will walk the league.Roma is unfinished ship,wont go far,europa league spot is up for grab.Juve to finish top 4 and inter ofcourse.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:06 am

I got feeling Inter will finish around 7th place

Back to top Go down