TalkingReckless
Lord Awesome
justdoit_
Arsenalfaithfull
chinomaster182
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The tragedy of Giovani Dos Santos - Page 2 Empty Re: The tragedy of Giovani Dos Santos

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:42 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
aford92 wrote:And what have Lennon and Bale done? Nothing. Besides that one game that Bale had against Inter. Gio is one of Mexico's best players, if not the best, and was instrumental in them progressing in the world cup and gold cup. Meanwhile Lennon is a bit part player England and has never done anything noteworthy. And the only reason Bale is Wales' best player because he's the only one who's even half way decent, their best CB is Danny Gabbidon FFS!
Not Harry's job to give an f about international careers, which is what you're entire post is about...

Meanwhile your post was about what he has done in Europe despite the fact that Lennon and Bale have done nothing. Also of course it's his job to see how his players do on international duty, if Gio can do well in a World Cup why couldn't he do well in the league?

aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The tragedy of Giovani Dos Santos - Page 2 Empty Re: The tragedy of Giovani Dos Santos

Post by justdoit_ Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:49 pm

aford92 wrote:
Meanwhile your post was about what he has done in Europe despite the fact that Lennon and Bale have done nothing. Also of course it's his job to see how his players do on international duty, if Gio can do well in a World Cup why couldn't he do well in the league?
Well that's not true, and you know it.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Gio was great last season on Racing, not sure if that was "doing something" though.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:05 pm

justdoit_ wrote:People are so easily forgetting that he hasn't done jack shit in Europe ever. Like absolutely nothing. Hell no, I wouldn't give him a game over Bale and Lennon.

yeah, because you didnt see him performing in Spain last year, he has done nothing... sure. He is obviously a talented kid that deserves to be given a proper shot. He is trusted with hi national team, hence he performs; same when he played in spain.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:12 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
aford92 wrote:

It's true! You find me another game except the Inter game where Lennon or Bale were really good.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 pm

aford92 wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:
aford92 wrote:

It's true! You find me another game except the Inter game where Lennon or Bale were really good.
Lennon was Tottenham's Player of the Year a couple of season's ago, Bale's performances speak for themselves. I'm not calling them both unstoppable forces, but they've both produced in the Premier League, Gio has not. By all means show me his great Premier League appearances. Not saying that he shouldn't give it another shot at Spurs (though I think he's dead to Harry and anything he does is futile), but absolutely no reason to start him over either.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm sure if he had barca dna he would have been saved a long time ago Razz

Anyway jokes aside I'm wondering if Rednapp is allowing anyone to leave. There is modric who have stayed. I'm sure more will start to complain [vdv, bale, etc] if they don't qualify which seems likely. He should just let them leave and move on.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 pm

justdoit_ wrote:People are so easily forgetting that he hasn't done jack shit in Europe ever. Like absolutely nothing. Hell no, I wouldn't give him a game over Bale and Lennon.

Cause he never gets a proper chance....

He was fantastic for Galatasary and Racing Santander, it's because he actually got some minuites. Harry just doesnt give him a shot and at Barca he wasn't going to knock down Ronaldinho or Messi for a start spot
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:40 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
aford92 wrote:
justdoit_ wrote:
aford92 wrote:

Lennon was Tottenham's Player of the Year a couple of season's ago, Bale's performances speak for themselves. I'm not calling them both unstoppable forces, but they've both produced in the Premier League, Gio has not. By all means show me his great Premier League appearances. Not saying that he shouldn't give it another shot at Spurs (though I think he's dead to Harry and anything he does is futile), but absolutely no reason to start him over either.

1. "Lennon was Tottenham's Player of the Year a couple of season's ago" What a pointless award! Simon Davies has won Tottenham player of the year before, Modric got it last season despite the fact that he only got 2 assists all season. How can a creative midfielder only get 2 assists and be player of the season? Also he won it a few years ago, we are talking about now and if Gio should start ahead of him or not, so the 2008-09 Tottenham player of the year award has no bearing on it whatsoever.

2. "Bale's performances speak for themselves." What performances? HE ONLY HAD ONE GOOD GAME!!!! How often do you watch Spurs? Because I can't think of a single good game he had besides the one against Inter when he played against an unfit Maicon and when Inter weren't trying anymore because the were 4-0 up.

3. "they've both produced in the Premier League" No they haven't. See above. Lennon is a winger so his only jobs are to get assists and chip in with a goal every now and then and yet he only got 8 assists all season!!! Crouch got more than that!!!! So did Joey Barton!!!! So did Peter Odemwingie!!!! And to top it all off he only got 3 goals in 44 games whereas at Santander Gio got 5 goals in 16 games in a better league!
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:02 pm

1. If not Luka Modric, than who? Bale, the other guy you're attacking? You're attacking an award voted on by people who see the boys play every week. Obviously the point I was making is that Lennon has actually done something over the course of 12 full months in the Premier League worthy of praise from his own supporters. He's done something worthwhile in the Premier League, something we've never seen from Gio, ever.

2. "HE ONLY HAD ONE GOOD GAME!!!!"...if you honestly think that that's true than I have no words. For starters only, again watch first two fixtures of Spurs entire '10/'11 PL campaign.

3. You're attacking Spurs wingers without a foot to stand on. You may attack their productivity, efficiency, etc, but it's not as if Gio has shown anything close to better in England.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:08 pm

justdoit_ wrote:1. If not Luka Modric, than who? Bale, the other guy you're attacking? You're attacking an award voted on by people who see the boys play every week. Obviously the point I was making is that Lennon has actually done something over the course of 12 full months in the Premier League worthy of praise from his own supporters. He's done something worthwhile in the Premier League, something we've never seen from Gio, ever.

No, Van Der Vaart.

2. "HE ONLY HAD ONE GOOD GAME!!!!"...if you honestly think that that's true than I have no words. For starters only, again watch first two fixtures of Spurs entire '10/'11 PL campaign.

What? 0-0 against Man City and 3-2 against Young Boys? AMAZING!!!

3. You're attacking Spurs wingers without a foot to stand on. You may attack their productivity, efficiency, etc, but it's not as if Gio has shown anything close to better in England.

No he hasn't in England but he has in La Liga which is a better league than the EPL.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:12 pm

"PL campaign" = Premier League campaign. Yes, for starters, in he was dominant in both of the opening Premier League fixtures. Watch them again.

I'm not going to get into a league debate here, but aside from the top two, La Liga defenses pale in comparison to those in the EPL. It's a different world, one Gio hasn't been able to adapt to.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:24 pm

justdoit_ wrote:"PL campaign" = Premier League campaign. Yes, for starters, in he was dominant in both of the opening Premier League fixtures. Watch them again.

I'm not going to get into a league debate here, but aside from the top two, La Liga defenses pale in comparison to those in the EPL. It's a different world, one Gio hasn't been able to adapt to.

Ok, I stand corrected he had 2 good games against an unfit Maicon and complacent Inter and against a team that has the mobility of an oil tanker. Bale's biggest asset is his pace so obviously he'll do well against Stoke and an unfit 30 year old. Bale does well against one type of defence whereas Gio does well against several.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:25 pm

youre right. dos Santos is a shit player.....

*looks at my sig*
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 pm

lenear1030 wrote:

*looks at my sig*
Must've missed the part where I said that. O rite. I didn't.

Next.
[mention][/mention] wrote:Ok, I stand corrected he had 2 good games against an unfit Maicon and complacent Inter and against a team that has the mobility of an oil tanker. Bale's biggest asset is his pace so obviously he'll do well against Stoke and an unfit 30 year old. Bale does well against one type of defence whereas Gio does well against several.
So...just gonna ignore him running past Micah and Yaya for a full 90 minutes, as I noted, for starters, his performances in the first two fixtures.

justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:21 am

justdoit_ wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:

*looks at my sig*
Must've missed the part where I said that. O rite. I didn't.

i didnt say you said that though....
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:00 am

*sigh*

Genuinely feel bad for the kid. If Del Boy isn't going to give him a chance to prove himself, at least let him leave and try his luck somewhere else
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:22 am

article on goal.com where gio states that he was basically a sevilla player then redknapp pulled the transfer and then claimed he would give gio a chance LOL

Redknapp seems intent on wasting this guys potential

i dont understand why u would stop a player from transferring when you have no intention of using them and another club wants to pay to take them away
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:00 am

justdoit_ wrote: La Liga defenses pale in comparison to those in the EPL.
LOL? Such jackshit.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:38 am

So why dont Spurs reduce his fee and let him go? confused
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2