this as good as 2008-09

Reina,Carragher,Alonso, Mascherano,Gerrard,Torres

vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Our Squad - Page 19 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:22 pm

[quote="stevieg8"]Great article on BR's philosophy and approach to players, definitely good for a lot of optimism this year :ok:It's how I am with all my sports teams, but I genuinely am excited for this year and think we'll see a very entertaining, strong, attacking side that's going to win a lot of games.

Also, the more I read and see of him, the quicker Hendo is becoming my favorite player.  Hope he reaches his full potential, I could see him being in Liverpool for the next 10 years.

It’s now been over a year since Brendan Rodgers’ appointment as coach of Liverpool Football Club, but long before the Northern Irishman took charge of a competitive match, his notorious football ‘philosophy’ was well-known to Liverpool fans eager to get a feel for their new manager. Or so we thought.

The first clue to what Rodgers was about came prior to his taking the reins. Some young managers would have tripped over themselves to say yes to the advances of a footballing institution like Liverpool. Not Rodgers. Instead he told FSG to come back when they knew he was the man they wanted – a brave move which could have backfired, but one which showed a steeliness of character and nerve beyond his years. We’ve learned plenty about Rodgers since then, but what do we know of his fabled philosophy and is there a typical Rodgers player?

Silent Strong Types and Fearless, Fiery Fighters

Ever since arriving at Anfield, Brendan Rodgers has emphasised his concern at a lack of character in the dressing room and his desire to bring more vocal players into the side. The losses of Jamie Carragher and Pepe Reina has only intensified that need, but it’s clear from the the players he is chasing that big personalities and an insatiable will to win are qualities on which Rodgers has placed a premium.

Rodgers seems to favour two distinct character types: first there are the intelligent, grounded and reliable personalities; players like Simon Mignolet (who has a degree in political science), Glen Johnson (who studies maths in his spare time) and the humble and thoughtful Joe Allen. These model pros could be described as the strong and silent types (although I expect Mignolet to grow into a real leader) with their feet firmly on the ground.

Then there are the more fiery, competitive personalities determined to win at all costs. Luis Suarez personifies that temperament, but there’s also a hint of the same in Iago Aspas. This isn’t to lazily stereotype Southern Europeans and Latin Americans, though.

Beneath the shy exterior, there’s a similar competitive rage brewing within Jordan Henderson. It’s a fire only stoked by the manager’s refusal to see him as a first team starter, and it’s no bad thing to have a player perhaps not quite suited to the manager’s plans who refuses to accept it, determined to prove him wrong. At best, Henderson could yet show himself to be a fine midfielder capable of dancing to the tune Rodgers has on repeat, but even at worst, Henderson could make an excellent impact sub and utility player. Should he start the season as our fourth choice central midfielder, you can be sure Henderson will throw himself into every opportunity he does get with the kind of drive and passion we’ve become accustomed to in the form of Steven Gerrard.

30.09.2010, Vicente Calderon Stadion, Madrid, UEFA EL, Atletico de Madrid vs Bayer 04 Leverkusen, im Bild Atletico de Madrid's Diego Costa dejected during Europa League match. EXPA Pictures © 2010, PhotoCredit: EXPA/ Alterphotos/ Alvaro Hernandez +++++ ATTENTION - OUT OF SPAIN / ESP +++++

And then there are the targets: Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Diego Costa. Writing in The Guardian, Sachin Nakrani portrays Papadopoulos as having an almost unhealthy determination and self-belief, and it seems Costa is a beast cut from the same sweat and blood sodden cloth.

He says as much himself:

“The street was my school. On the pitch I fought with everyone, I couldn’t control myself. I insulted everyone, I had no respect for the opposition, and I thought I had to kill them. Boys who grew up playing in academies are taught to control themselves and respect others, but no-one ever told me otherwise, I didn’t have a school to teach me this. I was used to seeing players elbowing each other in the face and thought it was the norm.”

If we thought Luis Suarez was a handful, Costa may need caging between games! Within that raw intensity, however, are qualities every manager desires. His former coach Jose Ramon Sandoval told him, “You are the most consistent player I’ve ever had – you go into every game wanting to score and get a yellow card” and if anyone can get him doing more of the former and less of the latter, it may be Brendan Rodgers.

One of Rodgers greatest strengths is his man management, as seen in his revival of Enrique and Downing last season, as well as the way he has brought through the younger players. If Rodgers can help Papadopoulos, Costa and Suarez – if he stays – to channel their primal aggression into their football, instead of towards their opponents, Liverpool will have a team possessing incredible drive and passion this season.

Technique and Tenacity

As well as securing players with a particular temperament, Rodgers and his team have gone about building a squad with some very specific on-field attributes. Like Benitez before him, Rodgers is obsessed with players with a great work-ethic and tactical intelligence, but there is one key difference between the two managers’ philosophies, and if one player encapsulates that difference, it is Dirk Kuyt.

Kuyt’s work-rate was extraordinary, but his first-touch often left a lot to be desired for a player occupying such an attacking role. Whereas Benitez was willing to sacrifice some style in favour of exceptional teamwork, Rodgers’ won’t accommodate players who work hard at the expense of technical ability. As good as Dirk Kuyt was (and he was one of the best defensive wingers around), he wasn’t the most flamboyant of attacking players, so it’s hard to imagine a player like Kuyt fitting into Rodgers’ team.

To play anywhere for Rodgers, whether it be in attack or at centre back, you must be technically strong. A good first touch and accurate passing are pre-requisites on which he will not budge, but Rodgers also believes his players must “earn the right to play”. That means centre-backs as good on the ball as most wingers and forwards who fight like defenders.

Should the deal for Costa go through, Liverpool will possess an attack as tenacious as it is technical; brutal and beautiful in equal measure. A squad including Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Costa, Coutinho and Aspas would give Rodgers a selection of pitbul ballerinas adept at inducing fouls from defenders and trained to nip at their heels to win back possession.

LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND - Saturday, August 3, 2013: Liverpool's Iago Aspas in action against Olympiakos CFP during a preseason friendly match at Anfield. (Pic by David Rawcliffe/Propaganda)

Between them there is pace (Sturridge, Sterling, Aspas), street-fighter guile (Suarez, Costa, Aspas), power (Costa) and creativity (Coutinho, Suarez, Sterling) galore. Every attacking player must have the tactical intelligence to find space between the lines and commitment to defend from the front. This will be an attacking side defined by sublime skill and cutting edge when in possession, and determination and synchronicity when trying to get it back.

A Season of Two Halves; A Team of Two Tempos

Yet there remains a question to be answered. We saw two Liverpool’s last season. There was the side that struggled to get results despite playing good football until Christmas, and the one that tore teams to shreds after adding Lucas, Coutinho and Sturridge to its ranks. Many fans are crossing their fingers in hope that Rodgers will discard his fetish for patient possession football in favour of the counter-attacking style that saw a steady rise up the table, while others are eager to see Tiki-Taka with Coutinho, Sturridge and Lucas in the side. Neither group have anything to fear.

For this season will again see Liverpool use both approaches, but not either side of Christmas, or even from one game to the next. We will be ready to switch between the two within games depending on what situations arise. If a team gifts us possession and sits deep, we will probe and recycle, stretching their defence to forge opportunities. But should they dare come at us, we will punish them on the break with lightening speed and surgical precision.

Like a boxer working the jab before landing the knockout blow, don’t be surprised to see this season’s Liverpool vary the tempo; moving the ball slowly… slowly…. slow…… before quickly changing pace. We will hunt in packs and prey on any weakness. We will grind them down, or tear them apart. This is the philosophy.

This, is Rodgers’ Liverpool.

try read but only got to few lines as i find hard because learning difficulty but i enjoy best i can read, thank for post it
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:24 pm

That's no way as good as 2008-09. All of those guys from our spine in 2008-09 were world class maybe with the exception of Carra. None of the guys are world class in that other spine you posted.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 pm

McAgger wrote:That's no way as good as 2008-09. All of those guys from our spine in 2008-09 were world class maybe with the exception of Carra. None of the guys are world class in that other spine you posted.

yep i know but just what hear what people are saying about are spine is now

Mignolet vs Reina= i like Reina but have a feel that Mignolet going to be are  Schmeichel

who take over as are new cb vs Carragher= we have wait & see who going to buy

Alonso vs Lucas = imo both top player but i like what Alonso did

Mascherano vs Henderson = Mascherano world class Henderson Premier League class

Gerrard vs  Coutinho= Gerrard world class we have wait & see if Coutinho can feel Gerrard boots

Torres vs Sturridge =  Torres world class Sturridge  international class
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:15 am

look at are squad there still few gaps still in it but more worry about is right wing

i thought Downing would ok as stop gap for 2 year till Ibe was much older,

do you think we need a back ?

who do you think could ok stop gap ?
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:52 am

Skrtel in his recent interview:
Skrtel wrote:He told Liverpoolfc.com: "I think it's always good when there is competition for places and it's very important for your performance.

"The manager will decide who is in the best form and start that player. I'll do my best and all I can to make sure that I'm the one he's going to be starting with.

"Kolo is a great player. He's a very experienced player and he has been playing in the Premier League for a while.

"Throughout the five or six weeks he has been with us, he has shown that he is a quality player. He came in to play the same position as me, so we'll see who is going to start.

"Of course I will try to improve this season because I missed the second part of last season. I tried to do my best in the pre-season and show the manager I am able to play, so we'll see how it goes this season.

"I'm ready. I was ready before and I'll always be ready. Then it's up to the manager who is going to start. I will try and I will give my all to get into the team.

"Every member of the squad is excited about Saturday because the pre-season was very long and we were all waiting for the first game of the season," said Skrtel. "The game is now here and all of us are really looking forward to this game [against Stoke].

"I missed the last seven days through injury and I can say I'm feeling better now, but still not 100 per cent fit. I still have two days until the game, so I hope that I can get better and be ready for the game on Saturday.""
Skrtel you beast, get back and show BR what you have got :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:20 am

Amen to that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:44 am

We're going to need you Martin. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:06 pm

SQUAD NUMBERS FOR PL RELEASED

Our Squad - Page 19 7115__8940__plsquad

Probably means we'll be keeping both Assaidi and Pacheco. Wish Teixeira was given a number as well but what can you do.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Assaidi okay, but Pacheco needs to eff off already. Mad
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:22 am

In:Tiago Ilori,Aly Cissokho,Willian

Out: Suárez, Škrtel,Coates

think we would have a good squad till jan, then add few more squad player's i think we would be ok.
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Our Squad - Page 19 4600__5240__training_13_52161a4b4ad36269995527_513X380

Our Squad - Page 19 3902__6269__training_14_52161a4bc6a6c063398668_513X445

Our Squad - Page 19 9893__0796__training_11_52161a4a2547d328855429_513X403

Our Squad - Page 19 4098__0894__training_43_513X406

Our Squad - Page 19 5319__6883__training_10_52161a495d1b3606244329_513X361

Our Squad - Page 19 0460__9264__training_9_52161a48de39d746769830_513X486

Our Squad - Page 19 5446__4888__training_12_52161a4ab7ff9700861020_513X342

oooooooooooh what a happy bunch!!!

Might as well get Colgate or Pepsodent as our new partners now!!! Thumbs up

Great to see the mood in the squad!!

Seeing the Flanno & Ibe picture made me thing of the song "We have found love" rofl
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Seriously it looks like a photo shoot for the Gap. What the hell is so funny ALL THE TIME??? Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:51 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Seriously it looks like a photo shoot for the Gap.  What the hell is so funny ALL THE TIME??? Laughing
I guess someone announced in Melwood that FSG are ready to finance a big money transfer. . . hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:15 pm

if we get Will hughes that not bad back up in central midfielders-hughes-Allen-Alberto

i don't the fall story, did we not the right to play in the Europa League ????, if we did it would nice give more playing time to the young players
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 pm

vegfootball wrote:if we get  Will hughes that not bad back up in central midfielders-hughes-Allen-Alberto

i don't the fall story, did we not the right to play in the Europa League ????, if we did it would nice give more playing time to the young players
That's pretty poor, excuse if I say so, if you're not up-to-date about are we in Europe or not xD

And sadly the answer is no. I think domestic cups plus cover in the PL is enough experience for our fringe CMs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:
vegfootball wrote:if we get  Will hughes that not bad back up in central midfielders-hughes-Allen-Alberto

That's pretty poor, excuse if I say so, if you're not up-to-date about are we in Europe or not xD

And sadly the answer is no. I think domestic cups plus cover in the PL is enough experience for our fringe CMs.
i was try say we could got back into Europe

Liverpool say No to Europe as they reject Fair Play route into Europa League in favour of money-spinning tour

Liverpool will reject the chance to qualify for Europe through the back door after committing to a lucrative pre-season tour of the Southern Hemisphere.

Liverpool have the second best disciplinary record in the Barclays Premier League, but they are expected to qualify for the Europa League via UEFA’s Fair Play League because Arsenal, who have the best disciplinary record, are odds on to be in Europe anyway.

England are fourth in the Fair Play League behind Norway, Sweden and Finland. Three teams qualify through the league and the Premier League will discover next week whether it has a place.

Liverpool have received 51 yellow cards and two red cards and the period for assessment ended on Tuesday. The 10-match ban Luis Suarez received for biting Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic last month does not count against them because it was retrospective action, which is not considered.

However, teams making the Europa League via that method start out in the first week of July, with the second qualifying round on July 18 and July 25, and that cuts across Liverpool commitments in Indonesia and Australia.

Liverpool have never played in either of those countries and their visit has created huge interest.
The club have put a lot of energy into ensuring the tour goes smoothly and a game in Melbourne on July 24 at the iconic MCG against Melbourne Victory is already a 90,000 sell-out.

After that, Brendan Rodgers’ side will also play a lucrative game on July 29 against Thailand.
Rodgers is anxious for Liverpool to compete domestically and in Europe but he would rather do it in the conventional way.

He said: ‘We want to get into it with our performance level and it’s highly unlikely we’d get that route.’
UEFA have confirmed that, if Chelsea were to finish fifth in the Premier League and win the Europa League, the sixth-placed league team would not gain entry into Europe.

UEFA give three Europa League places to England each year. Two are already taken — by Swansea, who won the Capital One Cup, and FA Cup finalists Wigan. Rodgers thinks Liverpool may be helped next season by not having extra commitments.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2317918/Liverpool-reject-Fair-Play-route-Europa-League.html

as been ill for 3 mouths i not all up date with things
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 am

That was at the end of last season when we potentially could've had a route to EL from the fair play league. But PL didn't finish in the top 3 so there is nothing more to that.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:08 am

McAgger wrote:That was at the end of last season when we potentially could've had a route to EL from the fair play league. But PL didn't finish in the top 3 so there is nothing more to that.
thank you,

a lot people think the Europa League is a waste of time, you could look at 15+ games, i think it great to blood the young players in
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:41 am

Will Hughes looks like an absolute BEAST on FM.

If he gets that good in real life, I'd splash 20m on him right now. He's better than Wilshere ffs. Laughing

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Art Morte wrote:

what are are fringe CMs ?????????????????
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

as all top teams 2 players for each position,do people believe we got that ???????????????
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Kit numbers are in!

Sakho 17
Moses 12
Ilori 26

cheers 

Thought the 11 will be left free for the attacking player BR so wants.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

think are squad still light in central midfielder but i think just about about get away with for next 5 mouths

we need a defensive midfielder, ever a upgrade on Henderson or some young player to push him, someone take over Gerrard as goal score player
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:20 am

Not too sure of the signing of Ilori to be honest.

He's not going to get many games. Agger, Skrtel, Sakho and Toure are all well ahead of him and he's not going to get better from just training. Can see him getting loaned out in January... think 8m is a hefty price, hopefully that doesn't put off us from signing a player in the next window.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 pm

something-red wrote:Not too sure of the signing of Ilori to be honest.

He's not going to get many games. Agger, Skrtel, Sakho and Toure are all well ahead of him and he's not going to get better from just training. Can see him getting loaned out in January... think 8m is a hefty price, hopefully that doesn't put off us from signing a player in the next window.  
how i see it XI 1st Agger 2nd Sakho, Back up 3rd Toure, 4th Ilori
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 42 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 30 ... 42  Next