Mr Nick09
cyberman
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

cesc to barca rumour - Page 3 Empty Re: cesc to barca rumour

Post by Bear Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:51 am

Interesting stat.

percentage of minutes played by Cesc Fabregas in last three Premier League campaigns: 55%, 66%, 55%

Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:53 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:They won't buy a CB because Pep's target is to have 98% possession next season. Very Happy

Why stop at 98 when you can have perfection?

Every game win 1-0 with 1 shot on goal and every goal comes in the final kick of the game.

That's what you call attacking and entertaining football people Wink

If you score a goal/change sides they get the ball.. Center ball.. So 100% is impossible. Very Happy
Well if you had 100% possession for 90 mins + extra times then win off penalties that would be the only way I believe

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:57 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:They won't buy a CB because Pep's target is to have 98% possession next season. Very Happy

Every game win 1-0 with 1 shot on goal and every goal comes in the final kick of the game.

If you score a goal/change sides they get the ball.. Center ball.. So 100% is impossible. Very Happy

You had to bring some logic into this did'nt you ?!?!?! Mad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 am

Barca knows Madrid has them beat in depth, they want to win that battle also..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 am

OMG this again. Would make no sense and a complete waste of money if they bought him.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 am

I think Arsenal and Barca fans are just as tired of this rumor... We don't want him. I'd rather develop Thiago into something special. Yet I can see Rosell doing this...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:32 am

lol alfred, what's up with the username XD
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:36 am

Look it up in google and you'll soon know where it emerged Wink
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:45 am

How surprising XD
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:12 am

Any links to the source that reported this? So far no links after 4 pages
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 am

The sooner he leaves Arsenal the sooner he come back to Arsenal. He will always love Arsenal and will come back. when he finds out Barcelona will not treat him like Arsenal did.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:10 am

I will be glad when this is over.
Either he says I will finish my contract and leave for free
or he says he will leave this summer no in between, this has been dragged out too long.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:17 am

He should leave. Arsenal shouldn't keep a player who clearly doesn't want to be there as it could ruin the morale of the dressing room, but if he leaves it would make arsenal look like a selling club or as patrice evra put it, a training ground. I feel for wenger though, this is not to dissimilar to the situation we had with cronaldo, except fabregas is being a lot more decent about his. Barcelona look like they are going to have their best squad ever next season.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:18 am

Jack Daniels wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I'd argue that if the pass to start the game went straight to Barcelona you could argue the opposition was never in possession. So just before the kick off Busquets needs to goad the opposition into kicking it straight at his head.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:20 am

jibers wrote:He should leave. Arsenal shouldn't keep a player who clearly doesn't want to be there as it could ruin the morale of the dressing room, but if he leaves it would make arsenal look like a selling club or as patrice evra put it, a training ground. I feel for wenger though, this is not to dissimilar to the situation we had with cronaldo, except fabregas is being a lot more decent about his. Barcelona look like they are going to have their best squad ever next season.

The thing is it's not just as simple as selling him he is a WC player we need to get what he is worth, I hate how people are like you need to let him go home, the thing is he is worth 35+ Mil we are not going to give him away for free.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:25 am

jibers wrote:He should leave. Arsenal shouldn't keep a player who clearly doesn't want to be there as it could ruin the morale of the dressing room, but if he leaves it would make arsenal look like a selling club or as patrice evra put it, a training ground. I feel for wenger though, this is not to dissimilar to the situation we had with cronaldo, except fabregas is being a lot more decent about his. Barcelona look like they are going to have their best squad ever next season.

Ferguson did at the very least have an obvious and ready heir in Rooney to build around. Until the Nasri saga is settled Wenger would not want to lose another star in the same market, it would put far too much pressure on Wilshere and Ramsey. What could Barcelona possibly offer which might settle Arsenal immediately? Thiago and Affelay won't have the personality or experience to control a team for years, if ever. Convincing one to stay might depend on ensuring the other remains as well to build towards a Championship, so their heart of one may control the destiny of both. Wenger can't give up hope in them yet though. It's difficult to continually ask for one more season, however it's best for the club at the moment, especially after a season where Arsenal were successful against the title-challengers in individual matches.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:12 am

Emaharg wrote:
WHoa calm down, They should sell him for as much as they can, I said that him staying would be detrimental to the club, What will the atmosphere in the dressing room be like if the captain doesn't want to be there. They should charge barca as uch as they can.

The thing is it's not just as simple as selling him he is a WC player we need to get what he is worth, I hate how people are like you need to let him go home, the thing is he is worth 35+ Mil we are not going to give him away for free.

dostoevsky wrote:

Ferguson did at the very least have an obvious and ready heir in Rooney to build around. Until the Nasri saga is settled Wenger would not want to lose another star in the same market, it would put far too much pressure on Wilshere and Ramsey. What could Barcelona possibly offer which might settle Arsenal immediately? Thiago and Affelay won't have the personality or experience to control a team for years, if ever. Convincing one to stay might depend on ensuring the other remains as well to build towards a Championship, so their heart of one may control the destiny of both. Wenger can't give up hope in them yet though. It's difficult to continually ask for one more season, however it's best for the club at the moment, especially after a season where Arsenal were successful against the title-challengers in individual matches.

Fair points. Either way Arsene is in a very tough spot. I feel for him because for me arsenal are the ost entertaining team to watch in europe today.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:04 pm

BREAKING NEWS : Arsenal launch a 40 million + Cesc bid for Lionel Messi, more to follow...
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm

bensmith_Times

Cesc Fabregas ready to reiterate desire to join #Barça. £ thetim.es/lhfsK7 #AFC #FCB

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Same things happened last year and yet nothing came from that. I still believe Cesc won't come.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 pm

I'd love to know what his "as reliable a source as possible" is
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:16 pm

pay the times subscription and find out

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:18 pm

always a disspointment...

Cesc Fàbregas will reiterate his desire to join Barcelona this summer and is prepared to go public with his intentions should Arsenal once again block his move back to Spain.

The Arsenal captain is due in Madrid tomorrow to shoot a Hugo Boss commercial alongside Xabi Alonso, the Real Madrid midfield player, and David Villa, the Barcelona striker. It is understood that Fàbregas’s representatives will fly on to Barcelona to try to broker a deal between the clubs, with Arsenal demanding £48 million for the Spain midfield player. Real Madrid have also shown an interest.

Fàbregas’s desire to move to Barcelona has not altered since he told Arsène Wenger of his wish to leave last May. However, the 24-year-old’s camp believe he has a “gentlemen’s agreement” with the Arsenal manager and that having stayed in the Barclays Premier League last season, he will be allowed to leave for Spain should the North London club receive an acceptable offer this summer.

In the past, Fàbregas has mischievously dropped hints about his future but has always been careful not to be quoted as saying that he wanted to leave, for fear of a backlash from some fans should the transfer not materialise. The Spaniard is mindful of all that Arsenal have done for his career and would never consider going on strike in the manner of Nicolas Anelka in 1999, but it is understood he is now prepared to take things one step farther.

Despite his determination, it remains unlikely that Fàbregas will submit a written transfer request but if he sees signs that his dream move might stall again this summer, he has resolved to make a public plea to be allowed to return to the Catalan club, whom he left at 16 to move to North London.

Fàbregas would risk losing his right to any remaining loyalty and signing-on payments that are due from Arsenal in his contract, which has four years left, but such is his determination to leave the club that he is willing to forfeit those bonuses.

Wenger is used to his stars being courted by Europe’s top clubs. He has faced similar situations with Anelka, Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry and Ashley Cole. On each occasion, the player stayed or Wenger sold him for his desired price. The Frenchman has shown that he likes to maximise transfer income before a player’s value begins to diminish with age, which would not be the case with Fàbregas, who has his peak years ahead of him.

Arsenal have always insisted that their captain is not for sale but now that seems no more than an attempt to strengthen their negotiating position. The club’s valuation of Fàbregas is some £8 million more than Barcelona were willing to pay last summer but the Spanish champions believe they can find a middle ground this time.

Having described Wenger as a “second father” and Arsenal as the club “that made me”, it would be a wrench for Fàbregas to walk away. However, his spiritual home will always be in Catalonia. “I’m from Barcelona,” he said last summer. “I am a club member, along with my grandfather, my uncle and my cousin. I feel those colours and have since I was young. I am Catalan.”

The sale of Fàbregas would strengthen Arsenal’s spending power this summer, with Wenger preparing to be “very active” in the transfer market. Arsenal are closing in on a £10 million deal for Christopher Samba, having missed out on the Blackburn Rovers defender in January, while Wenger remains the front-runner in the race to sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, the 17-year-old Southampton forward. Arsenal are also keen on Willian, the Shakhtar Donetsk playmaker.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Thiago
Cesc
Xavi
Iniesta
Busquets

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:36 pm

^ I think Thiago would be part of an exchange deal but it's still pretty sexy.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3