Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

+10
Khaled
pdolson
Lord Awesome
Sushi Master
The Madrid One
BarrileteCosmico
bloodless
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BeautifulGame
EarlyPrototype
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Barca have Thiago on the bench and imo he is good enough to cover for any midfielder in the world. What are Arsenal asking for is it 40 million? If you were the president of Barca would you really spend that on Cesc to go sit on the bench and risk the departure of Thiago?
Mainly targeted at Barca fans, what is your take on this?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:01 pm

If Barca have the money for other targets too then yes.Thiago has great potential but Fabregas is world class and having a world class player(like Mascherano) in the bench will improve their squad greatly.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Well he is going to the bench to sit next to Affelay and Keita. If I had Thiago I honestly wouldn't spend that much on Cesc.

Cesc> Thiago granted but in the long run when Xavi is not up to par anymore then by that time Thiago would be more than ready.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm

7 CM'S for 3 positions

4 FW'S for 3 positions

3 CB's for 2 positions

But Barca want to buy another CM?

Has it been confirmed or not yet that Harry Redknapp is in charge of Barca?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Cesc is really unneeded. They should be focusing on Puyol's successor not Xavi's.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Well he is going to the bench to sit next to Affelay and Keita. If I had Thiago I honestly wouldn't spend that much on Cesc.

Cesc> Thiago granted but in the long run when Xavi is not up to par anymore then by that time Thiago would be more than ready.

Selling Thiago with a buy back clause like Bojan wouldnt be a bad decision.They will now have a world class player as back for Xavi and can can buy-back Thiago when he becomes world class to replace Iniesta.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:16 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Cesc is really unneeded. They should be focusing on Puyol's successor not Xavi's.

Xavi's successor is already there as is Puyol's :coffee:

All Barca need is Sanchez and a experienced CB to bring though Muniesa, Bartra and Fontas ( iam sure atleast one of them will be top quality) and to back up Pique and Puyol they would'nt even need a CB if Milito did'nt frak himself up with injuries but oh well.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:19 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Well he is going to the bench to sit next to Affelay and Keita. If I had Thiago I honestly wouldn't spend that much on Cesc.

Cesc> Thiago granted but in the long run when Xavi is not up to par anymore then by that time Thiago would be more than ready.

Selling Thiago with a buy back clause like Bojan wouldnt be a bad decision.They will now have a world class player as back for Xavi and can can buy-back Thiago when he becomes world class to replace Iniesta.

Big teams will come for Thiago and they are not Villarreal or Malaga or Racing to actually accept a buy back clause like they are a training centre. If they come calling for Thiago and Thiago wants regular football he would probably leave.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Cesc is really unneeded. They should be focusing on Puyol's successor not Xavi's.

Xavi's successor is already there as is Puyol's :coffee:

All Barca need is Sanchez and a experienced CB to bring though Muniesa, Bartra and Fontas ( iam sure atleast one of them will be top quality) and to back up Pique and Puyol they would'nt even need a CB if Milito did'nt frak himself up with injuries but oh well.

Well I don't think any of those are ready to compete on the big stage unless they are ready by the end of next season when Puyol will be finished. Pedro is good enough too tbh, Affelay is good enough to cover for him.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by bloodless Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:25 pm

who cares, if it's not worth it, then let em stop making bids :S

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 592
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:27 pm

Of course not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28293
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:28 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Cesc is really unneeded. They should be focusing on Puyol's successor not Xavi's.

Xavi's successor is already there as is Puyol's :coffee:

All Barca need is Sanchez and a experienced CB to bring though Muniesa, Bartra and Fontas ( iam sure atleast one of them will be top quality) and to back up Pique and Puyol they would'nt even need a CB if Milito did'nt frak himself up with injuries but oh well.

Well I don't think any of those are ready to compete on the big stage unless they are ready by the end of next season when Puyol will be finished. Pedro is good enough too tbh, Affelay is good enough to cover for him.

Puyol wont be finished next season he might decline, but he wont be finished he will still be top 10 CB.

It will be atleast 2 years before Puyol is finished and by then one of those 3 will be ready if not buy a top notch 25 yr old CB.

It's stupid to buy one now atleast give them chance before you buy a world class foreigner, besides Puyol replacement will be Catalan no one else can bring the passion he doe's unless they are Catalan.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:30 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Well he is going to the bench to sit next to Affelay and Keita. If I had Thiago I honestly wouldn't spend that much on Cesc.

Cesc> Thiago granted but in the long run when Xavi is not up to par anymore then by that time Thiago would be more than ready.

Selling Thiago with a buy back clause like Bojan wouldnt be a bad decision.They will now have a world class player as back for Xavi and can can buy-back Thiago when he becomes world class to replace Iniesta.

Big teams will come for Thiago and they are not Villarreal or Malaga or Racing to actually accept a buy back clause like they are a training centre. If they come calling for Thiago and Thiago wants regular football he would probably leave.

For starters Thiago is not good enough to be a starter for any of the big clubs and second Barca wont sell to any of them.

Also i dont see why Thiago wont move to Bolton or Villareal or even Roma where he will get first team football and develop and can come back like Fabregas.Barca will be more receptive to it and Thiago will probably be happy to go too.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:33 pm

It aint up to Barca he has a clause of about 10 million and if Thiago wants to go he can't be stopped. Teams can easily buy that clause out, he could get playing time at Arsenal and maybe even United.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:34 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:It aint up to Barca he has a clause of about 10 million and if Thiago wants to go he can't be stopped. Teams can easily buy that clause out, he could get playing time at Arsenal and maybe even United.

In 4 day's it goes up to 30 million btw Thumbs up

So if they want to take advantage of that they might want to get off thier ass Wink
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68989
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:38 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:It aint up to Barca he has a clause of about 10 million and if Thiago wants to go he can't be stopped. Teams can easily buy that clause out, he could get playing time at Arsenal and maybe even United.

In 4 day's it goes up to 30 million btw Thumbs up

So if they want to take advantage of that they might want to get off thier ass Wink

Well if Barca do reach an agreement with Arsenal in the next 4 days then Thiago can go the other way. Barca would be losing out since they can develop Thiago and buy Fabregas cheaper next season.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:39 pm

to the question adressed by the op on the title.

i think this cesc ordeal is uhealthy and it has turned like that because of barcas way to handling the sitaution.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4924
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:42 pm

I don't think Arsenal will even think about selling him before a ~45m offer comes in.

Hell no Barca don't need him.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 pm

The higher the asking price from Arsenal the better for Barcelona imo.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:44 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:It aint up to Barca he has a clause of about 10 million and if Thiago wants to go he can't be stopped. Teams can easily buy that clause out, he could get playing time at Arsenal and maybe even United.

That is only valid until June 31st.I am sure Barca are capable of denying any transfer for these 4 days.Also Thiago wot leave unless they sign Fabregas and will wait till what happens with that.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:46 pm

Fabregas will be sold for around 35mil pounds if the reports are true that wenger made a gentleman agreement with Fabregas last summer IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm

Thiago will probobly leave I imagine. Another Dos Santos case.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6103
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by pdolson Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:53 pm

is it really worth leaving all these talented footballers on the bench; kaka, benzema, higuain, adebayor, granero, canales, gago, khedira, leon when you're up against the greatest side of all time? now with altintop and sahin, there's going to be even more talent rotting on the bench. maybe they should all leave and be like robben and sneijder and rub it in madrid's faces for making the champions league final. i mean madrid spent so much on these players, much more than this fabregas and thiago siuation. lol madridstas talking about wasting players.

anyway barca need a stronger bench. they're squads pretty small atm. they also need a cb, instead of using their dm's to fill in for pique and puyol.


Last edited by pdolson on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

pdolson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 311
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Thiago will probobly leave I imagine. Another Dos Santos case.

lol not like he would have ever played for barca.

dos santos..
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 4924
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Xavi? -->Thiago!

Puyol?-->Muniesa :O maybe Gomez!!

Alves?-->Montoya

etc.. Smile

SO NOOOO ! Thiago SHOULD STAY!!!
No for Cesc!!!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4268
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago? Empty Re: Is it actually worth paying what Arsenal are asking for Cesc when Barca have Thiago?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum