pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Marotta's CB signing Empty Re: Marotta's CB signing

Post by Keyzar Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

I voted Lugano, the reason being we need steel and warrior mentality in a our back-line, and i think Bonucci would benefit more under the tutelage of Lugano.

Plus, Lugano is more mobile and versatile than Alex.
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rettke Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

I voted Lugano too, i think he is the defense leader Juventus need, plus their age difference isn't too big and he'll cost a lot cheaper
Rettke
Rettke
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nikac Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:32 pm

We need particularly Lugano,he is one of the many underrated players,great leader,with big influence and defensive abilities,and ofc speedier than Alex.
That'll be a great buy. And send Bonucci on co-ownership somewhere and get Bruno Alves too. He is the best of that 4 players and then we will have a brickwall defensive line. Smile

nikac
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Lugano
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by areve Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Lugano(after coppa) = Cannavaro 2006(maybe lesser perhaps) Laughing
areve
areve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 pm

To bad... I would of gone with someone much younger... but might as well rely on experience I guess, so Lugano it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Lugano. He has more experience than Alex, is not much older, and he will be ultimately cheaper in transfer fee and cheaper in salary than Alex will. Plus, Feyernood is a lot easier to deal with than Chelsea. I think he came for a decent price, and Chelsea will no doubt want to recoup it.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Lugano.He can lead the defence line,he's cheap and his salary is incomparable to alex
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Well, I guess I was the only one who voted for Bonucci. I figured a 15m investment should be able to last more than one year. Oh well, I guess I was wrong. Why give the guy a chance anyway, he is already 24 so he must be washed up, right?? Rolling Eyes

And to think he was a stud when he played for Bari, I guess maybe it was really all Ranocchia that year...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:59 pm

juve_gigi wrote:Well, I guess I was the only one who voted for Bonucci. I figured a 15m investment should be able to last more than one year. Oh well, I guess I was wrong. Why give the guy a chance anyway, he is already 24 so he must be washed up, right?? Rolling Eyes

And to think he was a stud when he played for Bari, I guess maybe it was really all Ranocchia that year...

Dont know if you have been watching but (probably more complaining than actually following Juve) Bonuccis horror performances have continued during the preseason. A really alarming sign. If we can raise the quality of the central defence by selling Bonucci, anyone who has been watching should be all for it. I have had close eyes on him every game since he arrived. Even the pointless games in training. And he does not make the cut. He wont become a great one. I would be willing to sell my soul if im wrong. Thats how sure i am.
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 pm

areve wrote:Lugano(after coppa) = Cannavaro 2006(maybe lesser perhaps) Laughing
Lol canna won world player of the year
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 pm

vanharouva wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:Well, I guess I was the only one who voted for Bonucci. I figured a 15m investment should be able to last more than one year. Oh well, I guess I was wrong. Why give the guy a chance anyway, he is already 24 so he must be washed up, right?? Rolling Eyes

Dont know if you have been watching but (probably more complaining than actually following Juve) Bonuccis horror performances have continued during the preseason. A really alarming sign. If we can raise the quality of the central defence by selling Bonucci, anyone who has been watching should be all for it. I have had close eyes on him every game since he arrived. Even the pointless games in training. And he does not make the cut. He wont become a great one. I would be willing to sell my soul if im wrong. Thats how sure i am.

Fair enough Van, I understand. So tell me then, is the Bonucci signing for 15m not an EPIC FAIL then based on your analysis? Because it sure seems that way. And yes I have been following Bonucci and I realize that he is not playing well, but I thought I would give Marotta the benefit of the doubt and keep him around for at least another year to justify his 15m signing.

But you are correct, he indeed has been bad. So Bonucci for 15m and Martinez for 12m, can you safely say that was a waste of 27m?? C'mon Van, be fair now, no biases here. Just tell me that both signings were epic fails without mentioning Moggi's name and without mentioning Marotta's other signings. I am strictly talking about these two signings alone, nothing else...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:45 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
vanharouva wrote:

Fair enough Van, I understand. So tell me then, is the Bonucci signing for 15m not an EPIC FAIL then based on your analysis? Because it sure seems that way. And yes I have been following Bonucci and I realize that he is not playing well, but I thought I would give Marotta the benefit of the doubt and keep him around for at least another year to justify his 15m signing.

But you are correct, he indeed has been bad. So Bonucci for 15m and Martinez for 12m, can you safely say that was a waste of 27m?? C'mon Van, be fair now, no biases here. Just tell me that both signings were epic fails without mentioning Moggi's name and without mentioning Marotta's other signings. I am strictly talking about these two signings alone, nothing else...

Well thats why i want him gone for a better central defender. Because the transfer was a fail.

But we have the power of hindsight. And you and i probably thought Bonucci was just as good as marotta thought Bonucci was...

I will say this much. I dont want Beppes job.
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 pm

...but if i actually had Beppes job.. Then i would ship Pepe and Bonucci to Zenit since they seem to be so interested.

And i would take Bruno Alves + 5m for them.

And from those 5m i would spend the 3,5m on Luganos buy out clause.

Epic Quality boost to the defence. Alves and Lugano. Then i would buy Angelo Ogbonna summer mercato 2012.

And then you can all call me stupid if we see a lack of results later on. Laughing
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Well Van, I know you are trying to sympathize with Marotta, but on a limited budget which he had, spending that kind of money on a player like Bonucci means he has to be absolutely certain that the player will succeed, because unfortunately Juventus is not Manchester City where a player of Bonucci or Martinez's worth will be overlooked.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Tell me again how the heck we can get Alex if Chelsea is using him as a starter? Villas Boas declared him NOT for sale.. Lugano comes for 3 mill only! Alex could end up in something like 10 mill€! Lugano had a good Coppa America, but alex is proven in a very good league, and Lugano is not, so his experience is a bit unreliable.. However. I voted Lugano. 3 mill is cheap, and the difference is not that big as i see it. Lugano would improve the defense a hell lot too! Bonucci should stay in Juve, and subbed/rotated with Lugano for important matches/less important matches..

Lugano is not that old actually.. Most defenders top when they are around 30! (not the same as breakthrough - i said they TOPPED, which is good right about.. NOW) Afro
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Bonucci is way too young and skilled to give up on.
That is why I choose Lugano, who will have to compete with Bonucci, I highly doubt that Lugano would join and instantly start but then again that depends on Conte.

I see Lugano as more of a Sorensen replacement as he should be loaned out to play more.

Gives Juventus a deep roster in the CB spot, definitely a great move if you ask me.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 pm

LWL91 wrote:Tell me again how the heck we can get Alex if Chelsea is using him as a starter? Villas Boas declared him NOT for sale.. Lugano comes for 3 mill only! Alex could end up in something like 10 mill€! Lugano had a good Coppa America, but alex is proven in a very good league, and Lugano is not, so his experience is a bit unreliable.. However. I voted Lugano. 3 mill is cheap, and the difference is not that big as i see it. Lugano would improve the defense a hell lot too! Bonucci should stay in Juve, and subbed/rotated with Lugano for important matches/less important matches..

Lugano is not that old actually.. Most defenders top when they are around 30! (not the same as breakthrough - i said they TOPPED, which is good right about.. NOW) Afro

You can rule out Alex when/if Estigarribia arrives because of the non-eu passport..

It WILL be Lugano or Alves.

My dream is both.

Last edited by vanharouva on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 pm

@LWL: Alex is not a starter. Luiz and Terry will occupy the CB positions.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 pm

Luca wrote:Bonucci is way too young and skilled to give up on.
That is why I choose Lugano, who will have to compete with Bonucci, I highly doubt that Lugano would join and instantly start but then again that depends on Conte.

I see Lugano as more of a Sorensen replacement as he should be loaned out to play more.

Gives Juventus a deep roster in the CB spot, definitely a great move if you ask me.

Lugano > Bonucci atm.. Bonucci will become top class but he needs time as you said.. Barzagli is the sorensen sub in my opinion.. This is how i would play if we get Lugano

LB-Chiellini-Lugano-RB
Subs priority:
1. Bonucci
2. Barzagli
3. Sorensen

Well.. I just declared Sorensen 5th choice for the CB this season.. Maybe we should loan him out actually... scratch
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:@LWL: Alex is not a starter. Luiz and Terry will occupy the CB positions.

Not true... Alex > Luiz defensively and chelsea uses wingbacks.. Luiz is more of a deep playmaker.. Sort of the perfect addition to a team like Barca in the future.. Defensively he is WAY weaker then Alex! even if you include his pace advantage
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 pm

vanharouva wrote:...but if i actually had Beppes job.. Then i would ship Pepe and Bonucci to Zenit since they seem to be so interested.

And i would take Bruno Alves + 5m for them.

And from those 5m i would spend the 3,5m on Luganos buy out clause.

Epic Quality boost to the defence. Alves and Lugano. Then i would buy Angelo Ogbonna summer mercato 2012.

And then you can all call me stupid if we see a lack of results later on. Laughing

Well then if this is what you seriuosly want to do I will say one thing to you. As Donald Trump would say...

YOU'RE HIRED!!!

You are now offically the transfer guru of Juventus and Marotta's ass and his hypno-eye have been shipped out of town!! That is exactly the answer I was looking for. You get rid of two deadweights in Bonucci and Pepe, and get a quality CB in Alves in return, plus with the 5m in return you get a great backup CB in Lugano. You fix two problems in one shot. Plus, yeah you go for a young stud in Ogbonna next year to partner with Chiellini for the next 5-7 years. Nice job Van!! Perhaps you can relay this message to Marotta now to advise him that he has been relinquished of his duties. If you want I can make that call, or I can send Nick's bodyguards from Torino to go get him...

Thumbs up
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 pm

vanharouva wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:
vanharouva wrote:

Well thats why i want him gone for a better central defender. Because the transfer was a fail.
But we have the power of hindsight. And you and i probably thought Bonucci was just as good as marotta thought Bonucci was...

I will say this much. I dont want Beppes job.

Thanks Van for your honesty...

And yes, I thought Bonucci was good, so I was wrong, but I don't get paid the millions like Marotta does, so I am allowed to make some mistakes... Razz

Last edited by juve_gigi on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 pm

LWL91 wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:@LWL: Alex is not a starter. Luiz and Terry will occupy the CB positions.

Not true... Alex > Luiz defensively and chelsea uses wingbacks.. Luiz is more of a deep playmaker.. Sort of the perfect addition to a team like Barca in the future.. Defensively he is WAY weaker then Alex! even if you include his pace advantage

Luiz is better for the future, and he is who starts. There is no debate for that. Luiz and Terry, with Alex a substitute. Why else would he leave Chelsea ? If he was a starter he would stay at a club playing in the CL and challenging for the title over a team that is not playing in Europe and who came 7th last year.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next