Jack Daniels
EarlyPrototype
Doc
I-no
Mr Nick09
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Honest Question to Ask You... - Page 3 Empty Re: Honest Question to Ask You...

Post by Pedram Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:01 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:yh some scrubs trolled my thread.

I dont want higuain out, i just dont believe in two top strikers vying for a single striking position. The star CF of Argentina and the star CF of france cant be sharing roles at Real Madrid, long term i dont think it will happen.

Benzema just happens to be 1st choice now, a year ago, with Higuain still being 1st choice, he would have left. Now roles are reversed.

Mourinho's system as evolved a lot. Our CF now does a lot more than just staying up top and finishing. He is involved in the passing, the build up, creating spaces, defending etc...

Well we can't use them at the same time but you need to consider how many matches Real Madrid play in a single season. nearly 60 matches in a season. we need more than 1 WC player for every position. that's why i see no problem with having them for long term.

About the change of Mou's method, actually Mou was forced to change his tactics because when Higuain got injured we didn't have any poacher to play at this position. what i've seen from the Mou's past managerial experience proves that he always prefered a poacher for CF position.

At Chelsea it was Drogba and at Inter it was Milito. not sure if he stays by his method in Real Madrid though.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Well we can't use them at the same time but you need to consider how many matches Real Madrid play in a single season. nearly 60 matches in a season. we need more than 1 WC player for every position. that's why i see no problem with having them for long term.

About the change of Mou's method, actually Mou was forced to change his tactics because when Higuain got injured we didn't have any poacher to play at this position. what i've seen from the Mou's past managerial experience proves that he always prefered a poacher for CF position.

At Chelsea it was Drogba and at Inter it was Milito. not sure if he stays by his method in Real Madrid though.

Yeah, we play a lot of games, and two top strikers is a must. However, you will get to a point where each will want to be a the main starter. You have the main man and the other CF who knows he will play a lot and is part of the rotation.

Strikers are ambitious, they will want to play as many games as they can to write their own legend, to score as many goals as they can and leave their name in the history of the club. And sometimes you will have a striker rolling, scoring games after games, and how are you going to tell him to sit next game because his time is off? Not to mention, they big games, the CL duels against Utd, Milan etc... Each will want to start everyone of those, it's a matter of pride.

Also in terms of competition for the NT, HIguain is starting now by design, he is the best natural 9 they have, but what if Aguero is rolling 40 goals a season with city, and higuain is not able to follow trail because he is in a heavy rotation system? it will get to a point where Higuain has to step down. Same could apply to Benzema but he has no competition atm...

Imo, at some point, pride kicks in, and you want to be the main guy, destroying teams on your way, playing every week. Top CFs of the past decade were all uncontested: Drogba, Etoo, Sheva, Torres etc... It's difficult to have suitable back ups. But it's also easier not to bring Torres and Etoo in the same team to compete for top CF role, because if our CFs both have potential to reach the top of football, they wont be able to share a single spot.

Often, you need two players from different generations, or at least a CF with limited reach internationally. Say you have Higuain/Benzema and Dzeko for ex. you could make it work, because Dzeko might not develop the same kind of ambition as the others, unless he has sick potential. Or higuain/Benzema and Llorente for ex. An NT top player, but not necessarily on the first plan in his NT.

I doubt two prime players can share the glory.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Both of them suck for now Very Happy One is incomplete and the other's ceiling not high enough... Very Happy
Before you guys continue the endless discussion, Benz in la liga is coming up soon (2nd game) Very Happy Delay your debates for after the game Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:10 pm

one game cant make that much difference.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:11 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:one game cant make that much difference.
I gave you my 'honest' answer Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Very Happy thx for the laugh buddy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:14 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Very Happy thx for the laugh buddy
Nick, this debate will go to nowhere unless you present proofs. There're no better proofs than games Very Happy Let Benz play then discuss the rest Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

I'm not debating about how many goals he will score.

It went back to whether we can keep both if they are turning into top players, both competing for a CF spot.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:49 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I'm not debating about how many goals he will score.

It went back to whether we can keep both if they are turning into top players, both competing for a CF spot.
For now, they suck Very Happy Everyone who reads this, they're not worth discussing that much. When they're really top forwards come back with the starting role problem. Benz isn't fast, can't head and runs after the ball too often on counters. Higgy is crippled,right now... Very Happy
None of them are completly WC, yet Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 am

It was a general question dude, theoretical argument, i see no harm done Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:20 am

Yeah, we play a lot of games, and two top strikers is a must. However, you will get to a point where each will want to be a the main starter. You have the main man and the other CF who knows he will play a lot and is part of the rotation.

Strikers are ambitious, they will want to play as many games as they can to write their own legend, to score as many goals as they can and leave their name in the history of the club. And sometimes you will have a striker rolling, scoring games after games, and how are you going to tell him to sit next game because his time is off? Not to mention, they big games, the CL duels against Utd, Milan etc... Each will want to start everyone of those, it's a matter of pride.

Also in terms of competition for the NT, HIguain is starting now by design, he is the best natural 9 they have, but what if Aguero is rolling 40 goals a season with city, and higuain is not able to follow trail because he is in a heavy rotation system? it will get to a point where Higuain has to step down. Same could apply to Benzema but he has no competition atm...

Imo, at some point, pride kicks in, and you want to be the main guy, destroying teams on your way, playing every week. Top CFs of the past decade were all uncontested: Drogba, Etoo, Sheva, Torres etc... It's difficult to have suitable back ups. But it's also easier not to bring Torres and Etoo in the same team to compete for top CF role, because if our CFs both have potential to reach the top of football, they wont be able to share a single spot.

Often, you need two players from different generations, or at least a CF with limited reach internationally. Say you have Higuain/Benzema and Dzeko for ex. you could make it work, because Dzeko might not develop the same kind of ambition as the others, unless he has sick potential. Or higuain/Benzema and Llorente for ex. An NT top player, but not necessarily on the first plan in his NT.

I doubt two prime players can share the glory.

I got what's your point, no need to explain something in every possible way, Very Happy i answer you short because people are getting tired of this debate. Very Happy

I personally think for Higuain it doesn't matter if he gets benched, neither Benz would say something, both of them are classy and wouldn't make trouble. as for the NT i do think Higuain's spot depends on how he performs with Madrid, being a bench player wouldn't effect it as long as he scores regularly. (doing his job) after all Argentine's coach have two healthy eyes and can see that we are using a rotation system because of 2 WC strikers. btw i don't think Aguero is challenging with Higuain, he has already guaranteed a spot on the team. their front line up would be something like that:

Aguero - Higuain - Messi
Pastore
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:25 am

Yeah we can stop now, it was fun while it lasted Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Nick (sorry I've been having Internet signal strength lately),

I can't help but wonder when you guys keep referring to Benz and Higgy as 2 of top 5 or 10 strikers right now, how much better we would be if we had kept both Negredo and Solado and signed Llorente. I know I'm biased, but I can't see where the 2 we have are any better than 2 of the 3 Spanish.

I've been thinking lately how many good spanish players we have missed out on. Besides the strikers there's Mata, Silva (we could have had him instead of Di Maria for same price), Borja, Bruno and of course Canales and Sarabia. It's a lot of talent we are letting go. I know things are looking better now with Mou using the canteras, but you have to wonder what could have been.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:11 pm

not to derail this thread but-

i was all for keeping negredo as a third striker at the time. very few agreed with me.

mata- though the situation was very sticky i wish we would have worked out an agreement some how to have him stay.

silva- i really think we missed this one up. di maria has done well but im just not a fan, especially considering we could have had silva at the same price.

the rest. well they would honestly be competeing for 4th and 5th spots tbh so no harm in letting them mingle in la liga for a while.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Soldado had the really unfortunate circumstance of trying to get 1st team action during the rather poisonous atmosphere known as the Galacticos era (1st edition). It really wasn't gonna happen and it didn't happen. He's fine where he currently is as is Negredo.

Silva and Mata got away badly though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:16 pm

I know Mata is LW, but Mata at RW anyday over Di Maria
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Nick (sorry I've been having Internet signal strength lately),

I can't help but wonder when you guys keep referring to Benz and Higgy as 2 of top 5 or 10 strikers right now, how much better we would be if we had kept both Negredo and Solado and signed Llorente. I know I'm biased, but I can't see where the 2 we have are any better than 2 of the 3 Spanish.

I've been thinking lately how many good spanish players we have missed out on. Besides the strikers there's Mata, Silva (we could have had him instead of Di Maria for same price), Borja, Bruno and of course Canales and Sarabia. It's a lot of talent we are letting go. I know things are looking better now with Mou using the canteras, but you have to wonder what could have been.

Even I am slightly Spain-biased as a fan of La Roja, I love Castilla and I was all in favour of ditching Benz for Llorente in the bad times, but Negredo, Soldado and Llorente as good as Higuain and Benz? Please!

For the second point though, I agree with you 100%. Its a shame really, and must be all the more frustrating for you. I still think and hope we have a chance with Canales and Sarabia though.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Realistically, with the injuries at this club, and 3 comps, both will play and fight it out
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3