xabi
Onyx
Mamad
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Honest question Empty Honest question

Post by Mamad Fri 26 Aug 2011, 15:59

Do you think Ronaldo is really better than likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil and Robben?

I'm thinking about it alot recently. what makes a player better than other player? lets see :

Passing : Ronaldo is not better than any of them in terms of Passing. actually, rate of his misplaced passes are very very high.
Shooting : Ronaldo tries to shoot from distance many times per match. but is he really good at it? IMO if you give Ronaldo, Ozil and Robben 10 opportunity to shot from distance, Ronaldo's rate will be worst of all.
Dribbling : this is what Ronaldo is completely lost. he is not among top 10 dribblers in the world anymore and i think he will not get any better from now.
Speed : Ronaldo's speed is better than all. but so what when he can't use it? give him 20 one on one situations against Dani Alves, Puyol, Pique or Mascherano and he will lose the ball 19 times out of 20. but a player like Di Maria will win many more....
Ability to hold the ball : Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil, Robben and many players are better than him at this.
Vision : not good. many players are better than him at this.
Dedication : Zero.
Team work : Zero.

You know, i was a Ronaldo fan because he is a Madrid player. but i'm not a fan anymore. i'm not blind. we need to see the reality.

in our last 7-8 games against Barca he was one of the worst players. losing ball many times, missing many opportunities, bad passes and etc.

My question is, if he is really the 2nd Best player in the world why he can't show it against Barca or strong Opponent's? Messi is the best player in the world and he can show it in every Clasico, every game. but Ronaldo wasn't even our top 3 player in any of last 7-8 Clasico's. what it means? it means he is not a player that we think he is. he is Overrated. he isn't top 5 player in the world anymore.

Yes, he is scoring many goals but imo it's because our whole team wants him to score.

The truth is, Real Madrid are helping Ronaldo to score many goals, But Ronaldo isn't helping Real Madrid with his overall play. Specially in hard matches.

Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Honest question Empty Re: Honest question

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:05

Xavi, Iniesta and Ozil have different roles to Messi and Ronaldo. In football goalscoring is probably ranked above creativity etc.

Against mediocre/average sides Ronaldo does the job. However against Barca he is just like any other player.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:07

all of these threads comes after the supercup lol

cant the knee-jerking stop soon. cr7 acually had a good pre season. wait until the season starts pale

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:07

However against Barca he is just like any other player.

it's the problem. isn't he the 2nd best player in the world? and believe me some of our players are doing way better than Ronaldo against Barca.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:08

"My question is, if he is really the 2nd Best player in the world why he can't show it against Barca or strong Opponent's?"

Because sometimes forcing something to happen will actually work against it happening. You have to let go. He's forcing himself into action. Besides, Puyol, alves et al, all feel they can stop him. This gives them the edge. But if he plays against their expectations, only for a short period of time until he inflicts the confusion and indecision in their play then none will be able to stop him. But if he's going to force his methods, it wont work. It all goes down to the power that transcends. Believing. Confidence. He doesnt have confidence. That's what statistics are all about. They provide you with confidence, and positive emotions.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:10

Mamad wrote:

it's the problem. isn't he the 2nd best player in the world? and believe me some of our players are doing way better than Ronaldo against Barca.

We have no other player in our squad with the abilities and attributes of Ronaldo. Ronaldo is second only to Messi.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:11

huntsman wrote:"My question is, if he is really the 2nd Best player in the world why he can't show it against Barca or strong Opponent's?"

Because sometimes forcing something to happen will actually work against it happening. You have to let go. He's forcing himself into action. Besides, Puyol, alves et al, all feel they can stop him. This gives them the edge. But if he plays against their expectations, only for a short period of time until he inflicts the confusion and indecision in their play then none will be able to stop him. But if he's going to force his methods, it wont work. It all goes down to the power that transcends. Believing. Confidence. He doesnt have confidence. That's what statistics are all about. They provide you with confidence, and positive emotions.

I love this post lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:11

Mamad wrote:

like who for example? ozil vanishes against them too much, and so does di maria. pepe was on the edge of red card in the super cup again Evil or Very Mad carvalho is slow, xabi alonso doesnt perform his best while pressured, khedira is often lost. benzema missed tons of chances aswell

only player that I really liked against them in the super cup was coentrao
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:18

We have the glass half empty group here. You guys should look at how we competed against Barca since 2008 and then compare it to how we've progressed under Mou through the supercup. There's no randomness involved.

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:24

We still need the technical player that provides us with the cutting edge. They have messi. barcelona without Messi are a very normal team. The way of play and team at barca was built around him.

No matter how good xavi or iniesta are, they will not score every game.

That's why we need Neymar, or Aguero. Aguero's gone now. What a shame.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:30

Most of Ronaldo's goals were set-pieces, tap ins or headers last season. So basically Ronaldo is pretty much a poacher for us.

If he's a poacher vs average teams then what's he going to do vs Barca? Sure Messi's goals might of been poacher type too but he can offer a lot more than Ronaldo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:32

The last time I saw Ronaldo really put all of his effort into beating Barca, was back when he was playing for Man United. It didn't work out that well, as his team didn't share his enthusiasm. It's the other way around these days; he doesn't seem to put in even 75% of his potential against Barca. On top of that, his frustration gets the better of him very easily. We all know what happens when he gets frustrated, and nothing good comes out of it. You should see him play for Portugal - he barely seems interested in trying, most of the time. That's just the way he is, I guess.

But when it comes to scoring, creating chances and making good use of those chances, like counter attacks, I can't think of anyone who rivals C. Ronaldo and Messi. CR is the perfect player in a counter-attacking system, and needless to say, Messi fits into Barca's possession system perfectly. For the record, I think CR would've had a better ratio of goals if he were to compete against Robben and Ozil from a distance, without a wall standing in between them and the goal. But that's just my opinion Smile

Last edited by Thimmy on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:35; edited 2 times in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:33

mtfootball wrote:Most of Ronaldo's goals were set-pieces, tap ins or headers last season. So basically Ronaldo is pretty much a poacher for us.

If he's a poacher vs average teams then what's he going to do vs Barca? Sure Messi's goals might of been poacher type too but he can offer a lot more than Ronaldo.

Why are you trying to turn this into a Messi vs Ronaldo thread? Rolling Eyes

You know that Mourinho prefers poachers, and no-BS players.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:37

please leave messi alone and barca trolls should frak off from here especially LM.

On topic,yes his team play was never been that good.Even in his manu days.
He is absolute technical footballer and a supreme athelete and have a very good vision too but he lacks that passing skills and understanding the team play imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:44

Thimmy wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Most of Ronaldo's goals were set-pieces, tap ins or headers last season. So basically Ronaldo is pretty much a poacher for us.

Because it already was a Messi vs Ronaldo thread.

Plus we need the best we can vs Barca and poachers might not be enough, especially if your considered the 2nd best player in the World.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:50

so stop calling him the 2nd best player in the world then. You guys act as if he decided to be considered as such and now he is denying his responsibilities.

just stop calling him the second bet player in the world, simple as that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:52

mtfootball wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Because it already was a Messi vs Ronaldo thread.

Plus we need the best we can vs Barca and poachers might not be enough, especially if your considered the 2nd best player in the World.
we dont need the best from anyone but from everyone.. With teamwork we can easily beat barca, talent alone is not enough. Dont think anything less from CR7, he scored over 53 goals + 14 assists. Hows that not an WC player?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:53

I admit... this thread is very confusing to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 26 Aug 2011, 16:55

mamad---------->ronaldo hater

Nick--------------->fanboy

pigs flying 🐷

joke
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 26 Aug 2011, 17:02

The threads discussing Ronaldo performing vs Barca pretty much. Not what he does vs average/mediocre teams.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 26 Aug 2011, 17:06

@ Adit, LOL

I think it's obvious that Ronaldo isnt performing the way he should against barcelona

But it's also obvious that as a team, as a collective, we havent had the greatest of performance against barcelona.

Ronaldo is a very individualistic oriented footballer, counter player by definition, and given the size of his ego, he is the hardest kind to integrate within a group.

Ronaldo does his best work when he goes 1x1 against oppositions defenders, and create separation to get inside the box. Barca has done a good job defending him. Now add the reasons Huntsman mentioned, and you understand why he flopped. Ronaldo doesnt always do his best job against a defense that is sitting and waiting for him.

Here is an important conclusion we can get from this. Let's Focus on player that understand the principles of teamwork and dont always rely on individual skills, or this might bite us again in the future. No matter how individually gifted, they need to embody team play in their game.

One other thing is that Barcelona defending is built to stretch the skills of who ever play against them. They push your technical abilities to have you play in closed area, something not many teams excel at. Hence Ronaldo struggles a bit, because he needs space. But then again, he had some last time, but he was too focused on himself and missed all those good opportunities.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Fri 26 Aug 2011, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 26 Aug 2011, 17:09

I mirror Sports' sentiments, I really am confused by this thread...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Aug 2011, 17:31

I'm a big critic of CR7 mainly because i can't stand that the best player in the world is at Barca lol. He could easily become that because he has physical skills no player has, including Messi.

His problem is simple: Barca. He is amazing against everyone else. And as i've mentioned several times, the reason for his struggles there is self-inflicted pressure and anxiety. One great game and that's over with.

People underestimate the intangibles he brings to the team... his work ethic and competitiveness forces the players around him to keep up. You can see that we go through longer lull moments when he isn't playing. He has such a thirst to score all the time that he pushes everyone around him to keep going for it.

His weaknesses are well documented. I won't go into them. I actually think he's getting better with his teammates. Let's watch the first few games in La Liga and then comment on whether he remains what he has always been: an individualist... or he's becoming a better team player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Fri 26 Aug 2011, 18:00

Thimmy wrote:The last time I saw Ronaldo really put all of his effort into beating Barca, was back when he was playing for Man United. It didn't work out that well, as his team didn't share his enthusiasm. It's the other way around these days; he doesn't seem to put in even 75% of his potential against Barca. On top of that, his frustration gets the better of him very easily. We all know what happens when he gets frustrated, and nothing good comes out of it. You should see him play for Portugal - he barely seems interested in trying, most of the time. That's just the way he is, I guess.

But when it comes to scoring, creating chances and making good use of those chances, like counter attacks, I can't think of anyone who rivals C. Ronaldo and Messi. CR is the perfect player in a counter-attacking system, and needless to say, Messi fits into Barca's possession system perfectly. For the record, I think CR would've had a better ratio of goals if he were to compete against Robben and Ozil from a distance, without a wall standing in between them and the goal. But that's just my opinion Smile
I think Ronaldo has been one of the most wasteful counter-attacking players for us against Barcelona. It's all due to his philosophy of going on his own instead of prioritizing a pass for his teammate first.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Fri 26 Aug 2011, 18:04

Thimmy wrote:

thimmy, you are alive What a Face we were worried for you after the massacre, you didnt even bother to write something like "Im alright".......
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next