Mr Nick09
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
EarlyPrototype
Le Samourai
65 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 9 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I understand how you guys are fans of benzema and dont wanna see him go etc... but it might happen. I trust my sources more on this, we will see if they come through or not.

it's nothing personal, if he stays it's not like we are losing anything.

u misunderstand...
if anything if its better for benz to go (in order to unleash his potential) then im all for it, do not mistake my logic with that rubbish. im too logical for such nonsense.

about wut are to lose if benz leaves... the tenth cl trophy is wut we lose. enjoy ur semi-final/runner up finish next cl campaign if benz leaves.

right now im seeing aguero to juve more likely than us. why? Juventus are actually making an effort to sign him. Madrid is cold. too cold. aguero isnt coming, get that in all ur heads folks.

neymar on the other hand its okay to be optimistic about him. least with neymar there is no logical fallacy in him possibly coming to us. consistently linked with him and we are gonna go negotiate with santos about him. Only one being threatened by neymar arrival imo wud be kaka.

Do you know what would happen to Atletico's board if they get dragged for weeks into public negotiations with RM to sell Aguero, their socios would get upset and some heads would fall off.

Just because you dont see 10 reports a day about his thing means that we are out of it. look the way we signed Coentrao and Varane, there were no leaks whatsoever coming from spain, all from portugal and france. So it looks to me like things are very tight.

you guys are just following the the media circus. no reports on aguero, madrid is cold. reports on Neymar, madrid is hot. some deals happen by the back door you know.

you are free to believe what you want, at the end of the day, one of those two are coming and Benzema will take his talents elsewhere most likely. A midfielder is talked about to replace Kaka, not another striker. So Neymar still very much threatens benzema.

back at ya. in the end, no matter whether mou is in control or not, the madrid circus remains a circus.

It will be an interesting thing when neymar comes. ye say benzema but all the papers say Higuain is the one.

gotta hate the summer, too much bs. if benzema stays, more respect to him. to stay and be treated a pauper vs leaving and be treated a noble is quite telling of loyalty. i wud prefer it that he leaves, im not a fan of anything that restricts unleashing the beast for any player.

Id love it if he went to manutd, arselol and juve are not winners.

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 9 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:16 pm

"I swim because it's good for my back" - Benzema interview with AS official real madrid website.

...........im probably overreacting but why is it i am seriously not comfortable with that statement?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:18 pm

because he is fat, and the extra weight is no good for his back so he swims.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:25 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:because he is fat, and the extra weight is no good for his back so he swims.
He's not fat
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:30 am

Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema has warned Barcelona they will find next year "very difficult" as Jose Mourinho prepares for his second season in charge.

Karim Benzema
GettyImagesKarim Benzema believes Real Madrid can overtake Barcelona next season

• Pastore claims Barca contact
• Santos: Neymar wants to stay
• Zidane: Varane could be new Blanc
• Mourinho: Benzema not for sale

Despite investing heavily since the return of president Florentino Perez in 2009, Madrid have remained in Barca's shadow and even the arrival of Mourinho last summer could not halt their rivals' success in La Liga and the Champions League.

However, Mourinho has already warned that his teams invariably improve after his first season and, with further additions to the squad planned before the new campaign gets underway, Benzema is in confident mood.

Asked whether Madrid could beat Barca next season, he told AS: "Sure we can. I have never doubted it.

"We are a great team, but we started last season with a new coach, with players and gradually had to fit everything together. Now we can continue with the same group and some reinforcements and I am convinced that we will be very competitive. We're going to make it very difficult for Barca, I can assure you.

"We will be very strong this year. The group is fantastic. Everyone gets along. We are very supportive and we have a very good coach. I am very optimistic about this new season."

Benzema had been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu after struggling for first-team football early on last season, but the 23-year-old seized his chance when Gonzalo Higuain suffered an injury.

Asked about the possibility of leaving Madrid, he said: "I never thought about it, even in the difficult times. That is my strength and my philosophy. I realise that when one is lucky enough to be at such an important club as Real Madrid you should be prepared for suffering. It is part of the game.

"It's easy [to explain my good form]. The coach gave me confidence and enabled me to string together several performances.

"Mourinho again put me in the side and that changed everything. I came to Madrid to score goals and provide a great spectacle of football. I want to please people. In Madrid I do what I did in Lyon, but better!"

Benzema - who had faced criticism from Mourinho - said a meeting with the coach in January was important to his revival.

He said: "I am not one who will normally go and see the coaches, but at that moment I felt the need. I asked what he thought of me and I told him what I thought.

"I calmed down. I noticed his interest and confidence. This meeting between the two of us was very important."
=========================================
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930572/karim-benzema-convinced-real-madrid-can-topple-barcelona?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5901
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 am

The full interview with AS:

How is your vacation going?

Phenomenally. I’m having a great time. I was in Ibiza and now I’m going to Mauritius. I’m recharging my batteries.

You said you were in Ibiza for several days. Did you like it?

It was great. I hadn’t been there before and I have to say I loved it. I coincided with Carles Puyol, with my friend Mesut and some other footballers.

Did you manage to forget about football during this vacation?

I try to disconnect a bit, but I always have football in mind. In addition, I’m with people that never stop talking about it. The sport is part of my life. The ball is always by my side.

Did Mourinho give you all any suggestions for the summer?

The míster wished us a happy vacation and he asked us to return in good shape. We’re professionals and we know what we have to do. I personally take care of myself and I know that on July 11, I’ll return to Madrid in great shape. I work every day. I swim a lot because it’s good for the back and I also do a lot of bike riding.

How would you sum up your second season in Madrid?

I think I had a great season. It was difficult in the beginning because I had some pains and I was a bit overweight. But these setbacks forced me to work and things changed for the better. That’s why I can affirm that I’m very happy with the second half of the season. I believe I responded to the hope that people placed in me.

What was your worst moment?

Not playing in the Champions League semifinals. Without a doubt. Although I completely respect the decision of the coach, it was very frustrating for me not to be able to participate in those games against Barcelona, because I was in a good moment and I was convinced that I could help my team. It hurt me, but I didn’t give up and I continued scoring goals afterward.

And the best?

The Copa del Rey victory. I didn’t play in the final, but it was a great source of joy to win my first title with Real Madrid. I also participated a lot in this tournament, scoring, for example, the goal in the semifinal against Sevilla. My goal in Lyon in the round of 16 was also a great moment. There were many positive things this season. I came to Madrid to win titles and I’ve gotten one. But I’m not going to stop now.

Mourinho usually says the second season is always the best. How do you see it?

I think like him, that we’re going to be very strong this year. The group is fantastic. We all get along well. We have a great coach. I’m very optimistic about next season.

Did you ever see yourself leaving Madrid?

Never! I repeat, never! I never back down in difficult moments. That’s my philosophy. I know that when one is lucky enough to be part of a club as important as Real Madrid, one should be prepared to suffer. It’s part of the game.

How do you see the upcoming season? What are your objectives?

The first thing that I want is to be in good physical shape so that I can give the best of myself during the entire season. And I’m doing everything possible for that. On July 11, I will be ready to fight. I don’t have the custom of setting an objective in terms of the number of goals I’m going to score. What I want is to have a tremendous season. I know that I’m going to improve and I’m going to score many goals.

You also like assisting goals…

Yes, it’s true that I assisted in many goals last season. It’s also something that I like. A good pass can be beautiful. I’m a goal-scorer, but, from the time I was small, if I saw a teammate in a better position to score, I’d give him the ball. I believe a forward should be capable of doing two things: scoring and assisting. I’m not an egotist.

Your compatriot Raphael Varane will have his medical today and sign his contract. He was recommended by Zidane. Thoughts?

The fact that he was recommended by Zidane says everything. I believe Varane made the right choice because Madrid is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You have to take advantage of the opportunity. I welcome him. He can count on me to speak with him and help him with his new life in Madrid.

You were only 21 when you came here and you know how tough it is to leave your country and family.

Of course I know. That’s why I’ll be there for Raphael for whatever he needs.

What kind of influence has Zidane had on you this season?

In the beginning, when I arrived in Madrid, Zidane and I weren’t so close, but naturally, with the passing of time, we developed a friendship. We speak on the phone, we see each other, he helps me and gives me advice. This past season, we saw him a lot in Valdebebas. Zidane knows a lot about football and his presence with us helps us a lot.

What message would you like to send to the fans?

I want to tell them that we’re going to experience great moments together this upcoming season, and that we’re going to fight for all the titles that are in play. On a personal level, I’m going to do everything possible to be worthy of this club and this shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 am

i love you karim, where the fck is the "take a bow son" smiley?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:29 am

Crimson wrote:
Did you ever see yourself leaving Madrid?

Never! I repeat, never! I never back down in difficult moments. That’s my philosophy. I know that when one is lucky enough to be part of a club as important as Real Madrid, one should be prepared to suffer. It’s part of the game.

Very interesting, indeed. I expect him proves it on the pitch as well Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:53 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
I-no wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:..................
"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 9 Ugly_Mug06b
hello!

wut? wut is the point of ur post?
the mug is a substitute for your outer appearance. I wanna say, you are the number one fanzema Wink
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:52 am

Nice interviews. A plus that is tipping the great GBS BALANCE OF JUDGEMENT a little bit in his favour again.

I have been getting a little Neymar greedy though, but I suppose we can have both in a team (not really same position anyway). Although I want Neymar to stay at Santos too. I shall consult with myself now, and form an opinion.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Raphael Varane can count on me to help him settle in at Real Madrid - Karim Benzema

"It is an immense fortune to play at this club and he has to seize the opportunity. I welcome him. He can count on me to talk to him and help him in his new life in Madrid," Benzema was quoted as saying by AS.

"Zinedine Zidane has recommended him and that says it all. I think Varane knew the Madrid train only happens once in a lifetime."

How nice of the benz
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:38 pm

Benzema is now benzegod. cheers
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 am

Benz hurt his back when he worked on putting on muscle a couple of years back... Main reason his speed went down in combo with the added weight. As much as he wants to go on a crazy training regimen, he really can't. At the end of the season, most players do a full physical on themselves to see how everything is working. Benz' showed stiffness in his lower back that actually also stiffened his hamstrings. He's been put on a low impact program to save his back for the season, which is mainly pool work.

It's nothing serious at all... But you need to be mindful of it. Football seasons run 10 months nowadays. Most of the real training happens in-season. More focused on resting yourself with the time off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:Benz hurt his back when he worked on putting on muscle a couple of years back... Main reason his speed went down in combo with the added weight. As much as he wants to go on a crazy training regimen, he really can't. At the end of the season, most players do a full physical on themselves to see how everything is working. Benz' showed stiffness in his lower back that actually also stiffened his hamstrings. He's been put on a low impact program to save his back for the season, which is mainly pool work.

It's nothing serious at all... But you need to be mindful of it. Football seasons run 10 months nowadays. Most of the real training happens in-season. More focused on resting yourself with the time off.

I didnt even know this happened... So why have ye decided to reveal this to us now? sure wud have been nice to know earlier Razz
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:59 pm

so he will stay slow and fat? uh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:49 pm

shaven wrote:fats doenst look that bad from here but the boardshorts?!?!?
"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 9 39618836

Does this look fat to you?

He was actually all set to go on a great training regimen after a 2 week vacation, but was advised against it. When you have had a bad back, you just have to be really careful. He's not slacking off... he does 90 mins of laps in the pool every morning and some light weight training.

Better to be cautious. Higuain should take note. Once you've had a bad back, it never leaves you really.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:Benz hurt his back when he worked on putting on muscle a couple of years back... Main reason his speed went down in combo with the added weight. As much as he wants to go on a crazy training regimen, he really can't. At the end of the season, most players do a full physical on themselves to see how everything is working. Benz' showed stiffness in his lower back that actually also stiffened his hamstrings. He's been put on a low impact program to save his back for the season, which is mainly pool work.

Explains alot. This is happening to me too (kind of), I have ridiculous speed and for the past year it decreased. I can still burn a couple defenders though. But my back has been really bad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:

I didnt even know this happened... So why have ye decided to reveal this to us now? sure wud have been nice to know earlier Razz

Madrid put him on a weight training program after he signed when he didn't do any at Lyon. Hurt his back in the process. I'm sure he mentioned it somewhere. I remember reading about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

so we have two forwards with back issues? cheers
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:

He was actually all set to go on a great training regimen after a 2 week vacation, but was advised against it. When you have had a bad back, you just have to be really careful. He's not slacking off... he does 90 mins of laps in the pool every morning and some light weight training.

Better to be cautious. Higuain should take note. Once you've had a bad back, it never leaves you really.

there was another photo that shows his flabby side before this one
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm

shaven wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

there was another photo that shows his flabby side before this one

Lay down on your side and prop yourself up on your elbow... If you have any fat, it will gather up. Even if you're at 10% body fat.

No way you're fat if you're showing abs. Just not possible. He's not muscular like cr7 or bony like di Maria. But then again, who is.

From the looks of him, he's fit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Should Benzema stay if we sign Aguero? Or would Di Maria fit a 4-3-3 if we played it?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

Explains alot. This is happening to me too (kind of), I have ridiculous speed and for the past year it decreased. I can still burn a couple defenders though. But my back has been really bad
I have the similar problem atm too tbh.
My back usually hurts a bit when im running fast.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

I have the similar problem atm too tbh.
My back usually hurts a bit when im running fast.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:so we have two forwards with back issues? cheers

Degrees dude. It's one thing to have tweaked your back last year and summer and making sure that it doesn't get worse (in fact, it apparently is much better this year than the last since he stopped lifting heavily)... Quite another to have back surgery or chronic back issues.

He can recover his speed if his back heals up completely. It will be tough though.
We pretty much have to accept that this is going to be his playing speed from now on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:
shaven wrote:fats doenst look that bad from here but the boardshorts?!?!?
"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 9 39618836

Not entirely but certainly doesn't look to be in good physical shape either. Especially not the expected look of an elite athlete.

And you don't need any weight program to work on your core either, so that's no excuse there. He needs to step it up and start looking after himself or he will be remembered with Ronaldo in other ways too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next