What went wrong against WBA

+2
Kick
lszanto
6 posters

Go down

What went wrong against WBA Empty What went wrong against WBA

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:40 am

First up Alex's dreadful mistake. Shouldn't be made at this level especially against a lower class team like WBA, put us onto the backfoot and screwed us over for the majority of the match.

Very sloppy passing after conceding, even simple passes were being missed and we looked very shaken. Worried me a bit as it's not the confidence you want to see from a top class side, even if they have just conceded.

Defence was all over the shop and made look very ordinary by 2 average quality strikers, as those who were watching know they could easily have been 2-0 with no response from us.

Kalou couldn't hit the target, early on he made a half decent run and created quite a good chance, only to blast it way over was subbed a bit after thankfully.

Lampard seemed to ALWAYS want to be on the ball and nearly stole it a few times, i'm not exactly sure why but It wasn't having a positive impact on our play when he was trying to dictate the game and take Mikel's position.

I think Mikel needs to push up more in attack, when we are powering towards the box he needs to move up his positioning instead of sitting so deep. Deep enough to crush any quick counters but not so far back that our line is not pushed high enough.

Width again was an issue(old news) both our fullbacks were playing the role of a poor, poor winger as nobody was providing any sort of width. Hopefully Mata will partially fix this if we get him.

The 2nd + 3rd subs I thought were quite silly. I felt Torres was doing well and the only one looking likely to score and when Drogba came on he didn't really add to our game so felt it was pointless, but I guess he just has to give him game time or he will complain. Ivanovic late on? If this sub was going to be made it should have been early on, not late in the game. Would have much preferred to see Yossi brought on, or somebody who can spark some life into the midfield/attack.

We looked a bit better in the second half but I'm still fearful about what will happen against top, organised sides as until we make 1-2 signings we will continue to struggle out wide and in the midfield. Torres beating 3+ players is just stupid, he was trying to create his own chances because nobody else could.

I wouldn't be opposed to Yossi starting over Lampard next game, I just don't feel that Lampard is doing enough and is looking pretty average.

These are just my opinions but i'm really hoping that the game has made a strong case for Abramovic to buy those 2 missing players we badly need.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

What went wrong against WBA Empty Re: What went wrong against WBA

Post by Kick Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:56 am

First of all, Mikel sitting back allows Bosingwa and Cole to go forward, we'll be even worse in defence if he pushes the slightest bit forward.

Bosingwa proves against weaker teams he is much better than Ivanovic at RB.

Kalou should never start again, Anelka is better and so is Sturridge.

Torres should keep starting over Drogba, he looks out of form.

DL4 needs to return as he would have never lost that ball that Alex did.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:07 am

kick mars wrote:First of all, Mikel sitting back allows Bosingwa and Cole to go forward, we'll be even worse in defence if he pushes the slightest bit forward.

Bosingwa proves against weaker teams he is much better than Ivanovic at RB.

Kalou should never start again, Anelka is better and so is Sturridge.

Torres should keep starting over Drogba, he looks out of form.

DL4 needs to return as he would have never lost that ball that Alex did.

I'm not saying Mikel should go forward, i'm saying he should keep a higher line, especially against weaker teams.

Agree with the rest Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:30 am

all you guys need is dl4,he'll score goals,give assists and defend...at the same time Afro
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 am

Lol, DL4 is missed but we also need a playmaker.

TBH, I think if Mikel goes any further forward he might not be able to get back which would make us weaker. If we ge a playmaker he will have no need to go forward.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:38 am

Yeah, I'd just like to see Torres with some support, I feel as though he's being let down support wise and even being subbed at 60m when he is playing well imo and looking dangerous.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:52 am

He looked far better than Drogba but yes, he needs support.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:46 am

You cannot complain about the substitutions. They are the ones that made us win.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:48 am

How? If alex was going to be brought off it should have been done after his mistake or halftime, subbing him later is pointless.

And drogba did nothing...
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 am

am i the only one who is at least curious to see anelka at CF?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 pm

I agree with Mikel needing to hold a higher line there's no point him trying to pass from so deep, understandably its probably easier with less pressing but he needs to start from further up especially when Luiz comes back.

Lamps is always better off the ball then without it, although right now we have no one to really who is passing well hence hes trying it.

YOSSI needs more minutes seriously and Anelka and Torres do seem to have some sort of understanding.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down