Mr. Festim
Giovanni10
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Footballer Wannabes Empty Footballer Wannabes

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:41 am

Two very simple questions:

1.If you actually physically play football, which position do you play?

2.If so, which Real Madrid player past or present (or any other player) do you model your playing style off?

Ok well I'll go first. I play LM, CAM or if forced forward, SS. I would say my playing style is best likened to Guti: very erratic and inconsistent; always looking to play creatively and find the final ball; pretty good left footed shot; and at times lazy off the ball and a bit sleepy on the ball.

I don't know if this has been done before, if so I apologise, but I find it interesting to see what kinds of players we have in the community.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Footballer Wannabes Empty Re: Footballer Wannabes

Post by Mr. Festim Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:28 am

Hmm I play as a CB, LB, RB or at DM.
I'm equally good at all these positions but I usually play at CB. I don't have a particular style to any player but I can describe to you my playing style.

I usually am the leader of the defence and I'm always commanding to the other defence players to follow their players and stuff.
Hmm my speed is decent but even if I'm against a faster opponent I make it right because I'm 1.93 tall and my legs are very long LOL. My tackles are the best part of my playing style cause I'm pretty good at it. At 1 vs 1 situations it's very hard to get past me.

And I can play at DM(Pepe style) but I lack of stamina which is my biggest problem and sometimes I don't do well under pressure otherwise I would be very good.

Well this is me and how I play.
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:22 am

Mr. Festim wrote:Hmm I play as a CB, LB, RB or at DM.
I'm equally good at all these positions but I usually play at CB. I don't have a particular style to any player but I can describe to you my playing style.

I usually am the leader of the defence and I'm always commanding to the other defence players to follow their players and stuff.
Hmm my speed is decent but even if I'm against a faster opponent I make it right because I'm 1.93 tall and my legs are very long LOL. My tackles are the best part of my playing style cause I'm pretty good at it. At 1 vs 1 situations it's very hard to get past me.

And I can play at DM(Pepe style) but I lack of stamina which is my biggest problem and sometimes I don't do well under pressure otherwise I would be very good.

As I was reading what you wrote, I was actually thinking, Pepe yes, Pepe... Pepe. Dude, you are an awesome versatility player in defense then, something that is severely lacking with the guys I play with. Most of our defenders are converted midfielders who like to have a dribble out of defense and then get caught in possession very often.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 am

i used to play LWB/LM preferably. but i could play anywhere along the back.

im very similar to a left sided sergio ramos if thats possible. love going forward but im a bit more comfortable playing in the center. foul alot. a bit of a dirty player. lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:50 am

I can play at any position and perform with flying marks. I am good at gk because that's the position i started playing and i know how to read the opponents mind. I use my legs and feet to stop shots more than my hands though and that's something i developed as i transitioned to a more offensive role.

I am best suited to a CAM role. I orchestrate the play and dictate the flow of the game. You can best compare me to Roberto Baggio and Maradona or any other genius player.

I made the bold statement that i know the way to stop messi, and i still stand by my claim. I can stop messi anytime anywhere starting now if it's required.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:39 am

been playing since 93. started as sweeper. then converted to a winger/forward.

hS days varsity, only few really are on top level of football in our school that is why i was placed on that important role sweeper Razz

then slowly moved to the forward spot ... been playing 7 aside since 01, after college. nothing professional though

I am Raul, I am David Silva i think
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am

I normally play LW/LB and can play DM when asked. I get compared to Di Maria sometimes for going past players and I have a good left foot.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 pm

I was a libero in my youth days. I think it's sweeper in english.

Basically, I was a CB/DM medley.... i was expected to anchor and be the last line of defense and also be the main passer forward to the midfielders. Mostly defensive work, but with good passing. I was responsible to get the counter attacks going. The one year i played next to Zidane in my youth, my job was to get the ball to him as quickly as possible and get out of the way lol.

Nasty physical play was my rep. I always wanted to make sure that the forwards knew there was a price to pay for coming into my zone. Back then, there was much less carding. Hardly ever any red cards. I'd usually always try and make a hard tackle within the first 15 mins to send a message.

When i moved to the US at the age of 17, the HS coach begged me to play, although i didn't want to. It was like 1000 levels below the competition in France. Anyhow... the players, forwards especially, did not anticipate tackles or understand when they were going to get taken out. In my first game, my shitty LB let through a forward streaking towards goal. I was absolutely going to take him out before he got to the box and i wasn't hiding it. Unfortunately, when i went for the tackle, not only did he not jump, his spikes caught. Exploded his leg and ankle. It was awful. Benched cleared and even people from the stands were coming after me... decided that was it for me lol.

Right now, i play mostly beach football over the summer. Not so much organized regular football. It's easier on the body and a ton of fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Cool response so far guys, very entertaining!

@ shaven,

You sound a bit like me in your football progression. I also started out at the back in school and I was pretty good, then there was a spell where I played rugby instead of football for 4 years and when I went back to playing football in highschool, I couldn't defend to save my life anymore (although I'm sure you still defend well).

Then I realised I was a pretty good passer and crosser of the ball , quite consistently with the right speed and direction and hence became a bit of a playmaker.

@Deezydeez, lol, I would have predicted you to be a touch erratic on the pitch. As far as the fouling goes, I can see you going around the pitch committing those sneaky Carvalho-esque trips and tackles.

Also, there is quite a strong trend of left sided players that have commented so far.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:I was a libero in my youth days. I think it's sweeper in english.

Basically, I was a CB/DM medley.... i was expected to anchor and be the last line of defense and also be the main passer forward to the midfielders. Mostly defensive work, but with good passing. I was responsible to get the counter attacks going. The one year i played next to Zidane in my youth, my job was to get the ball to him as quickly as possible and get out of the way lol.

Nasty physical play was my rep. I always wanted to make sure that the forwards knew there was a price to pay for coming into my zone. Back then, there was much less carding. Hardly ever any red cards. I'd usually always try and make a hard tackle within the first 15 mins to send a message.

When i moved to the US at the age of 17, the HS coach begged me to play, although i didn't want to. It was like 1000 levels below the competition in France. Anyhow... the players, forwards especially, did not anticipate tackles or understand when they were going to get taken out. In my first game, my shitty LB let through a forward streaking towards goal. I was absolutely going to take him out before he got to the box and i wasn't hiding it. Unfortunately, when i went for the tackle, not only did he not jump, his spikes caught. Exploded his leg and ankle. It was awful. Benched cleared and even people from the stands were coming after me... decided that was it for me lol.

Right now, i play mostly beach football over the summer. Not so much organized regular football. It's easier on the body and a ton of fun.

Wow sportsczy, seems as though you were as uncompromising with your defending as you are with your posting Shocked

You played with Zidane!? What was he like as a kid? Could you see at that age that he was going to be something special? You played with my footballing hero- ENVY!
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I was a libero in my youth days. I think it's sweeper in english.

Wow sportsczy, seems as though you were as uncompromising with your defending as you are with your posting Shocked

You played with Zidane!? What was he like as a kid? Could you see at that age that he was going to be something special? You played with my footballing hero- ENVY!

He was the bomb. Just was miles ahead of all of us in everything. Very, very shy... but nobody could touch him on the field. You felt like he had eyes everywhere because he anticipated everything. It was funny because in training, i was often asked to defend against him in scrimmages. It was a nightmare lol. The coaches kept yelling at me too for not being able to stop him. I kept thinking to myself: I'm f-in trying damn it!

The year after i left, he went to the A team. He combined with George Weah and Simba to get us to League 1 and we finished 4th in the league and qualified for UEFA when he was 18.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm

I wouldn't have expected anything less actually! It must have been really difficult scrimmaging against him, I can believe that! I would have rather been a forward playing on his team in a scrimmage than trying to defend against him, but hey what coach says goes.

Its a shame your football development was cut short by leaving France, maybe you could have had a lengthy professional career. Hell I'm sure you would have been a top DM considering you developed your DM skills trying to cope with Zizou. I hope you're not pranking me, that was a great story!

Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I wouldn't have expected anything less actually! It must have been really difficult scrimmaging against him, I can believe that! I would have rather been a forward playing on his team in a scrimmage than trying to defend against him, but hey what coach says goes.

Its a shame your football development was cut short by leaving France, maybe you could have had a lengthy professional career. Hell I'm sure you would have been a top DM considering you developed your DM skills trying to cope with Zizou. I hope you're not pranking me, that was a great story!

No way. I wasn't nearly good enough for L1 or even L2 honestly. I could have played pro if i decided to go in one of the lesser leagues around the world. But I had a deal with my parents that i would leave football and focus more on school anyhow. You can tell once you're 15-16 if you belong or not... i didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 pm

The A-team coach when i was there was Jean Fernandez... and i had very brief contact with a brand new assistant manager for us in 1983 named Arsene Wenger. We lost our youth training program a few year ago. But here's some players that you know who were formed at my old club:
- Zinedine Zidane
- Patrick Vieira
- Johan Micoud
- Sébastien Frey
- Pascal Bedrossian
- Johnatan Zebina
- Julien Escudé
- Gael Clichy

Too bad we lost our professional status pale. Trying ot get it back in the next 2-3 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Haha this is getting a bit personal but hey I'll roll with it. Yeah I'm sure you know yourself better than anybody else, either that or you're being modest and would have made the cut!

I also wanted nothing more than to play professional football. Though, an authopedic surgeon evaluated my feet as too flat to sustain a sports career that required lots of running and hence pressure on them. He said that if I gave it my best shot I would be able to play until maybe 24-25 years old before my feet would start breaking down and I'd risk being crippled for the rest of my life.

So it came to pass that I decided to rather play casually, so I can prolong playing football as a hobby.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:10 pm

[quote="sportsczy"]The A-team coach when i was there was Jean Fernandez... and i had very brief contact with a brand new assistant manager for us in 1983 named Arsene Wenger. We lost our youth training program a few year ago. But here's some players that you know who were formed at my old club:
- Zinedine Zidane
- Patrick Vieira
- Johan Micoud
- Sébastien Frey
- Pascal Bedrossian
- Johnatan Zebina
- Julien Escudé
- Gael Clichy

Too bad we lost our professional status pale. Trying ot get it back in the next 2-3 years.[/quote']

That is a crazy pool of talent, many WC names in there.Was it Saint-Henri or Septemes les Vallons?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ÖMARz Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:13 pm

I was a Left winger...played football for a while up until last year where i had to make the decision of getting serious with school or playing football and working instead. I chose school.

I really dont like bragging on about myself so ill try make this short and simple.

I can run pretty fast and im deadly on any break. when i say fast i mean running 2kms in about 6mins 30, and thats when i was fit btw.

i managed to gain heaps of progression throughout my years and was even once approached by a scout for melbourne victory( A-league) club however my parents turned down the offer due to private reasons.

my style of play was very simple, id rely alot on my speed. and seeing how im rather short 1.68m and a mere 52kg i wasnt really competitive when it came to high balls or 50/50 challenges. I think this drove me to be great at not loosing the ball. my passing was very short and had a high success rate because id deny coaching commands in order to keep possession Razz

My technical skills are nothing to special. when it comes to one on ones it was usually my speed that would break them and when it didnt the situation would always be along the lines of ( Beats 1, Beats 2, one more defender to beat and errrrrr....did he fumble on the ball?)

i also had a deadly disciplinary record. never let a ref go on decisions. copped alot of cards for calling them d.heads and blind.a.holes....etc.

all in all id say my style is similar to ozil on the wing. ofcourse ozil puts me to shame in every aspect.

ÖMARz
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:46 pm

I play the deep- lying playmaker role.

Who else can be my role model?

The elegant Spaniard, Xabibear Smile.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:47 pm

and btw i also play keeper. unfortunately we dont have keeper regularly.
so we have this rule that 2 missed shot change keep and if you scored a goal you play keep after Smile
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 pm

[quote="Giovanni10"]
sportsczy wrote:The A-team coach when i was there was Jean Fernandez... and i had very brief contact with a brand new assistant manager for us in 1983 named Arsene Wenger. We lost our youth training program a few year ago. But here's some players that you know who were formed at my old club:
- Zinedine Zidane
- Patrick Vieira
- Johan Micoud
- Sébastien Frey
- Pascal Bedrossian
- Johnatan Zebina
- Julien Escudé
- Gael Clichy

Too bad we lost our professional status pale. Trying ot get it back in the next 2-3 years.[/quote']

That is a crazy pool of talent, many WC names in there.Was it Saint-Henri or Septemes les Vallons?

AS Cannes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Festim Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:
Mr. Festim wrote:Hmm I play as a CB, LB, RB or at DM.

As I was reading what you wrote, I was actually thinking, Pepe yes, Pepe... Pepe. Dude, you are an awesome versatility player in defense then, something that is severely lacking with the guys I play with. Most of our defenders are converted midfielders who like to have a dribble out of defense and then get caught in possession very often.
Nah I actually always was a defender. But IDK I'm kind of like Pepe with his aggression and tackles and kind of Xabi Alonso with his reading of the game. Hm at primary school we won our school tournament in the ninth grade. And in High School my team won the tournament of the school in the 12th grade. We played like 6 matches and scored 16 goals and conceded just one. We work a rock on the defence. We played with 3 defenders and 2 attackers. We were great. I also scored two goals one of them in the semi-final. I'll always remember that goal.

But I really never got involved at proffesional football because IDK I always lacked stamina. But if I had it I'm sure I would be able to go proffesional. Or maybe that's just my thought LOL
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:15 pm

Started as a Back, Left or Right, still there... I've modelled myself on no one, was never talented enough at football to be a RC3 or Salgado, so I just did what I do... Defend well and run around a lot...

I'm pretty sure every football fan plays football, I can honestly say I don't know anyone that doesn't at least play casually...

@OMARz dude who's the chick in your sig? vvn! cheers
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah, baby Very Happy Finally back after second exam.

On topic:

I began as CF. I play like Klose but more physical. I am fast, above average ball control, I can dribble pretty good,very good at feigning body movements to fool defenders and can shoot with both feet.
All was like honeymoon until the Xabi of our team went to another city...
The team was really dull in creative department afterwards, we started losing games Liverpool style. After some time, we gained a very good forward. The coach decided to try me as AM because my passing was one of the best on the team.
It worked, so I was converted to AM. The problem is I had to cover more ground, defend etc. , very tiring Very Happy After a while I learned how to circulate the ball to divide the running pensum evenly, I became very good Very Happy A year after, I trained a cannon of a shot with my left foot, I tried to make it as fast as possible Very Happy
After, I saw the rise of Ozil I started to appreciate my role more Very Happy
My current role, basically, I run all the attack, pressure, cover ground and circulate the ball in final third. I score a lot from outside of the box.
I hate it when others get lazy or tired, they give me the ball and expect me to do something with it...
The good part, scoring from second row is very satisfying :lol!:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:27 pm

babun1024 wrote:Yeah, baby Very Happy Finally back after second exam.

On topic:

I began as CF. I play like Klose but more physical. I am fast, above average ball control, I can dribble pretty good,very good at feigning body movements to fool defenders and can shoot with both feet.
The team was really dull in creative department afterwards, we started losing games Liverpool style. After some time, we gained a very good forward. The coach decided to try me as AM because my passing was one of the best on the team.
It worked, so I was converted to AM. The problem is I had to cover more ground, defend etc. , very tiring Very Happy After a while I learned how to circulate the ball to divide the running pensum evenly, I became very good Very Happy A year after, I trained a cannon of shot with my left foot, I tried to make it as fast as possible Very Happy
My current role, basically, I run all the attack, pressure, cover ground and circulate the ball in final third. I score a lot from outside of the box.
I hate it when others get lazy or tired, they give me the ball and expect me to do something with it...
I have a quite similar role actually but my dribble is mediocre so i rely on the technic and speed, not that im fast lol.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 pm

The xcx wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Yeah, baby Very Happy Finally back after second exam.

On topic:

It worked, so I was converted to AM. The problem is I had to cover more ground, defend etc. , very tiring Very Happy After a while I learned how to circulate the ball to divide the running pensum evenly, I became very good Very Happy A year after, I trained a cannon of shot with my left foot, I tried to make it as fast as possible Very Happy
I have a quite similar role actually but my dribble is mediocre so i rely on the technic and speed, not that im fast lol.
Dribbling is good but overrated for AM. Learn better how to feign body movements, it gives you a lot more advantage than taking someone one on one, also less injuries.You must train your weak foot or else you'll become very predictable.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next