Mr. Festim
Giovanni10
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Footballer Wannabes - Page 2 Empty Re: Footballer Wannabes

Post by Babun Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 pm

The xcx wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Yeah, baby Very Happy Finally back after second exam.

On topic:

I began as CF. I play like Klose but more physical. I am fast, above average ball control, I can dribble pretty good,very good at feigning body movements to fool defenders and can shoot with both feet.
All was like honeymoon until the Xabi of our team went to another city...
The team was really dull in creative department afterwards, we started losing games Liverpool style. After some time, we gained a very good forward. The coach decided to try me as AM because my passing was one of the best on the team.
It worked, so I was converted to AM. The problem is I had to cover more ground, defend etc. , very tiring Very Happy After a while I learned how to circulate the ball to divide the running pensum evenly, I became very good Very Happy A year after, I trained a cannon of shot with my left foot, I tried to make it as fast as possible Very Happy
After, I saw the rise of Ozil I started to appreciate my role more Very Happy
My current role, basically, I run all the attack, pressure, cover ground and circulate the ball in final third. I score a lot from outside of the box.
I hate it when others get lazy or tired, they give me the ball and expect me to do something with it...
The good part, scoring from second row is very satisfying :lol!:
I have a quite similar role actually but my dribble is mediocre so i rely on the technic and speed, not that im fast lol.
Dribbling is good but overrated for AM. Learn better how to feign body movements, it gives you a lot more advantage than taking someone one on one, also less injuries.You must train your weak foot or else you'll become very predictable.

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 pm

About the injuries i had playing football, weirdly they arent even remotely related to foot.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:39 pm

The xcx wrote:About the injuries i had playing football, weirdly they arent even remotely related to foot.
Do you warm up/stretch enough before the game starts?
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 pm

babun1024 wrote:
The xcx wrote:About the injuries i had playing football, weirdly they arent even remotely related to foot.
Actually no. Ofc there are some muscle pains when i havent played like 2 weeks or so but other than that there has been some minor injuries but then again, there nothing compared to pro footballer.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:47 pm

The xcx wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Actually no. Ofc there are some muscle pains when i havent played like 2 weeks or so but other than that there has been some minor injuries but then again, there nothing compared to pro footballer.
It figures... Are you big or small? If small then no problem, I'm 1.84m , flexibility is an issue Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:49 pm

1.82m here...
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:57 pm

The xcx wrote:1.82m here...
Then you're like me Very Happy Stretch and warm up as precaution, you could get mean injuries later. Reoccurring calf strains, torn calf and other sh!t related to speed are annoying Very Happy
Tips for AM, it's a position where you have to play mind games Very Happy I said train your weaker foot, your main objective is to fool the sweeper Very Happy Feign sudden body movements when you receive the ball left or right. Do it like rock , scissors or paper Very Happy Leave him guessing what would you do next Very Happy Smart sweepers react very fast when they're close, don't get close to them Very Happy When they're afar they try to stay just a little bit away from your best passing line, they jump in immediatly if you pass Very Happy
1. Don't use your best passing option all the time.
2. When they do it, they're slightly off position, run into the gap fast and cut on the different side of his position. If he is right of you, run the cut left Very Happy
The shooting technic. When they're ball watching always move in their blind spots with free space where they can't see you Very Happy As I said, don't stay next to a sweeper Very Happy

If you already know all of this then ignore Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

babun1024 wrote:
Then you're like me Very Happy Stretch and warm up as precaution, you could get mean injuries later. Reoccurring calf strains, torn calf and other sh!t related to speed are annoying Very Happy
Tips for AM, it's a position where you have to play mind games Very Happy I said train your weaker foot, your main objective is to fool the sweeper Very Happy Feign sudden body movements when you receive the ball left or right. Do it like rock , scissors or paper Very Happy Leave him guessing what would you do next Very Happy Smart sweepers react very fast when they're close, don't get close to them Very Happy When they're afar they try to stay just a little bit away from your best passing line, they jump in immediatly if you pass Very Happy
2. When they do it, they're slightly off position, run into the gap fast and cut on the different side of his position. If he is right of you, run the cut left Very Happy
The shooting technic. When they're ball watching always move in their blind spots with free space where they can't see you Very Happy As I said, don't stay next to a sweeper Very Happy

I must admit you gave me some good tips, i deffy have some thing or another to work on, you play in pro league lol? Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 am

Something a friend told me that helps when playing AM, especially in a limited space game: When you receive a pass, don't take a static touch and kill the ball unless you're in a lot of space. If the game is tight, make your first touch a shift away from your starting point because then only you know where the ball is going and the anticipating defender who tries to close you will end up standing where you were when the pass to you was played- in this respect you have already beaten your man and you didn't even have to take him on directly.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:Something a friend told me that helps when playing AM, especially in a limited space game: When you receive a pass, don't take a static touch and kill the ball unless you're in a lot of space. If the game is tight, make your first touch a shift away from your starting point because then only you know where the ball is going and the anticipating defender who tries to close you will end up standing where you were when the pass to you was played- in this respect you have already beaten your man and you didn't even have to take him on directly.
That's what I meant with sudden body movements in different directions. You can't keep the ball long in AM area anyway Very Happy One on one comes handy when you drift wide Very Happy
The xcx wrote:
babun1024 wrote:

I must admit you gave me some good tips, i deffy have some thing or another to work on, you play in pro league lol? Very Happy
Not the team but I'm like a pro Very Happy I hate losing when I can give some % more Very Happy
By the way, Özil is a mix of CM and AM. You're actually supposed to score more and have mre presence outside the box as AM. I don't see it often from him but he does it from time to time. More often he goes into wings Very Happy He drops deep to playmake=CM part and run as offside forward Very Happy
He is anything but not a normal AM, something different Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:18 am

i started out as a goalie, was shit in it, i remember hitting a volley straight into my opponents feet in my very first tourney as an impressionable 12 year old that too in a final in their ground while playing for the school team.. the guy scord and i was substituted.. then gradually moved to defense where iam pretty decent and can play dm or cm too because iam a very good dribbler..

i shouldnt say this but i do resemble messi or aguero for that matter.. same height. 5 feet 6 inches and 70 kgs of weight and similiar body types.. plus lefty too.. so i do that two footed dribble like messi and other skills though a zillion times worse..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2