Official Spanish SuperCup Thread ( 1st leg )

+54
Dj.complain.alot
bebop_23
halamadrid2
Abramovich
Jack Daniels
alexjanosik
gkamtu
IAmManUnited
StrugaRock
BarrileteCosmico
Pedram
H.A.
buddytaller
RED
jibers
Doc
Babun
Arquitecto
Zealous
Mr_Puyol
barca 2011
free_cat
CroInter
S32TABLANCA
Yeezus
kiranr
Vapotrini
Yuri Yukuv
â™ Ace
McLewis
paperbackwriter
rsinatra
xabi
the xcx
Mamad
Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
EarlyPrototype
paintingshade
Albiceleste
Ganso
The Madrid One
ChollaVille
Khaled
windkick
KenBarlow
guest7
PinePHresh
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Giggslegend
Vibe
Swanhends
izzy
RealGunner
58 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Official Spanish SuperCup Thread ( 1st leg ) - Page 8 Empty Re: Official Spanish SuperCup Thread ( 1st leg )

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:02 am

Barca are ready physically as they will ever be IMO. They were never the physical type anyway.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official Spanish SuperCup Thread ( 1st leg ) - Page 8 Empty Re: Official Spanish SuperCup Thread ( 1st leg )

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:05 am

Barca's problem was Busquets and Xavi, they couldn't control the game for a long time and that limited them. though Messi and Villa saved the day for Barcelona
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:07 am

I hate the Barcelona excuses, that's why I want all their players fit the next time we meet them. We've gotten familiar with them, and are showing them the contempt they deserve.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:08 am

I didn't watch the match as I am not around the internet a lot these days (and won't for another week), but I am absolutely astounded any team could dispossess Barca. I can't remember the last time that it happened, if ever. I'm sure Khaled knows, though Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 am

Last season I believe there wasn't one team that had more possession then Barca.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:32 am

well as any complicated, and successful system, if a system is missing some of its core components then it will now work to its fullest, i do agree without a doubt that barcelona were not working at full force, but i can also say that about madrid, but either way this shouldnt prevent anyone from going to sleep, although some people will have trouble sleeping probably..

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 am

Madrid were imperious, serious problem that they couldn't convert their dominance. TBF Barcelona weren't even employing their usual pressing game, they weren't even a high line, their defenders seemed to sit deep. I'm going to assume the team doesn't have full fitness. They alll looked...lazy...by their standards, the game was like a premiership game, end to end. I liked that.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:45 am

none of them were at their best, and barca has to have alot of stuff clicking around the team for them to really play their game at their best, but its not like we saw a shitty barca or the worst barca of all time as some MIGHT try to imply as an excuse.

madrid's defense overall was kinda shaky imo. ramos wasnt secure, pepe was clumsy, and marcelo was the only one i saw that dealt with constant pressure throughly, then when it comes to carvalho he didnt have to do much. we are missing sahin so we missed out to see if maybe he could do maybe what alonso does but with a whole lot of mobility, and also i expect the seemingly flurishing ozil,benzema,ronaldo trio to get even better.

di maria was lost and clumsy at points and at points seemed to not really flow with what we were doing, i did like coentrao though, retrieved balls, took and drove them forward..

and anyways we did something like this to barca in the copa del rey but now with some extra factors going in we went even better, and i expect things to only get better as well, and tighter of course.

it would be interesting to see neymar in di maria's spot lol.

we absorbed and countered and fixed that in to go with real madrid's natural DIRECT game, and we had a great night, unlucky of course to concede.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:49 am

The clasico is a psychological warfare, whichever teams gain mental edge is earning a comparative advantage down the stretch.

Not so long ago we were still scared by the 6-2 and 5-0, no more of that. they are welcome to bring all their starters back, the same thing will happen.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:50 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:The clasico is a psychological warfare, whichever teams gain mental edge is earning a comparative advantage down the stretch.

Not so long ago we were still scared by the 6-2 and 5-0, no more of that. they are welcome to bring all their starters back, the same thing will happen.

How can you say the same thing would happen if Barca's key players did not play more then half of the match?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:53 am

Barca had like 4-5 good chances to score and scored 2 goals, but we had a lot more than them but failed to convert them to goals, our poor finishing costed us tonight, we could've scored a goal or two more than we did
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:56 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:The clasico is a psychological warfare, whichever teams gain mental edge is earning a comparative advantage down the stretch.

Pretty bold statement. Very naive if you ask me.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:58 am

Arquitecto wrote:

How can you say the same thing would happen if Barca's key players did not play more then half of the match?
im saying that barca used to beat us just by looking at us in the eyes and scaring us, because of a ridiculous winning record and a couple of humiliations.

We had an amazing first half against them in copa final, using similar strategy, we dint cower away, and we were able to push them around. We have improved since then, and with the same approach we had today, i see no reason why we wouldnt be able to apply the same pressure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:59 am

Arquitecto wrote:

look at the fans, look at the reactions, it causes hope and confidence no matter how you put it not only in the fans,club etc but also in the players. and it is obvious that we are improving as a team.

i know that there are many ways to look at it, but the team is progressing and i do understand nick's vision of the end of "the complex" and i agree with it for my own reasons.

some might perceive it as naive or wishful thinking, while we madridistas perceive it another way. Try to put your self in our shoes arquitecto.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:02 am

Vapotrini wrote:

you guys loved it when we would scare away by just getting on the pitch and you would try to abuse us. It's not happening anymore, i see no reason why we wouldnt get ambituous.

I speak of psychological warfare because that's what it is, and we are finally starting to get that aspect right.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:04 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:

you guys loved it when we would scare away by just getting on the pitch and you would try to abuse us. It's not happening anymore, i see no reason why we wouldnt get ambituous.

I speak of psychological warfare because that's what it is, and we are finally starting to get that aspect right.
you felt the same way after the copa del rey, just to get disappointed by our display against barca in the 1st leg of that dreaded ucl tie. that complex is over now though and we kind of proved it on the pitch and in many ways. we have confidence as a club now.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:09 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

look at the fans, look at the reactions, it causes hope and confidence no matter how you put it not only in the fans,club etc but also in the players. and it is obvious that we are improving as a team.

i know that there are many ways to look at it, but the team is progressing and i do understand nick's vision of the end of "the complex" and i agree with it for my own reasons.

some might perceive it as naive or wishful thinking, while we madridistas perceive it another way. Try to put your self in our shoes arquitecto.

You and Nick are definitely correct on the fact that Madrid has mentally been augmented as matches like these are indeed a game of wits and mentality as I used to see fear in the eyes of CR7, Casillas, Ramos, and even the strong Xabi.

But now I see a motivated madrid blooming with character and confidence and do not possess that all to familiar deer in the headlights looked that plagued them. They players seem to have bonded further and know what they want and perform with conviction is this is one of the qualities of Mou that I actually like.

Mouth dry, eyes blurry, heart beating, hands trembling, that was Madrid during Barca's pep reign as things clearly have changed.

But, Barca were without some starters and were under their massive atmosphere that gave them courage and hope.

The real test will be playing under the Catalan lion's den with a full strength Barca.

Xabi Alonso will once again be their most important player.

Good luck to you boys and barca fans
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:15 am

Arquitecto wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

You and Nick are definitely correct on the fact that Madrid has mentally been augmented as matches like these are indeed a game of wits and mentality as I used to see fear in the eyes of CR7, Casillas, Ramos, and even the strong Xabi.

But now I see a motivated madrid blooming with character and confidence and do not possess that all to familiar deer in the headlights looked that plagued them. They players seem to have bonded further and know what they want and perform with conviction is this is one of the qualities of Mou that I actually like.

Mouth dry, eyes blurry, heart beating, hands trembling, that was Madrid during Barca's pep reign as things clearly have changed.

But, Barca were without some starters and were under their massive atmosphere that gave them courage and hope.

The real test will be playing under the Catalan lion's den with a full strength Barca.

glad that you understand a bit better now where we come from.

we know that we are facing an up hill battle, but some of us including me even prefer the speculations against us and the 2-2 score line because that makes this battle an up hill battle and we want to show with madridista " honor" and "pride" that we deserve respect and our place among the world elite, we deserve the trophies and there's no reason why we shouldn't aspire to our dreams and reach them.

edit: i disagree that the fact that they didn't field their strongest 11 gave us hope or made us feel confident, we went forward with a good mentality to achieve a positive result regardless of any of that mentioned.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:22 am

The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

we know that we are facing an up hill battle, but some of us including me even prefer the speculations against us and the 2-2 score line because that makes this battle an up hill battle and we want to show with madridista " honor" and "pride" that we deserve respect and our place among the world elite, we deserve the trophies and there's no reason why we shouldn't aspire to our dreams and reach them.

Well said.

The only reason I show some bias against Madrid is that I detest Mourinho to this day and I feel he is not healthy for Madrid.

But the results seem to be flowing in so far as I can understand the complex Madrid fans have developed and their more animated posts towards Barca after years of loosing to their rivals to the point it failed to become a rivalry. I can understand the joy Madrilenos feel after seeing years of investment finally coming into play like a puzzle as its frustrating watching your own team who is meant to be winning every year being held by one team. I felt the same relief and passion against Interisti when Milan won the scudetto as now we aim for the CL glory.

My prediction is Madrid will take the CL this year. I've been right since 2006 on this aspect as I seem to be on a roll. No doubt on this.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:30 am

Arquitecto wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Well said.

The only reason I show some bias against Madrid is that I detest Mourinho to this day and I feel he is not healthy for Madrid.

But the results seem to be flowing in so far as I can understand the complex Madrid fans have developed and their more animated posts towards Barca after years of loosing to their rivals to the point it failed to become a rivalry. I can understand the joy Madrilenos feel after seeing years of investment finally coming into play like a puzzle as its frustrating watching your own team who is meant to be winning every year being held by one team. I felt the same relief and passion against Interisti when Milan won the scudetto as now we aim for the CL glory.

My prediction is Madrid will take the CL this year. I've been right since 2006 on this aspect as I seem to be on a roll. No doubt on this.

interesting views on the whole situation here in madrid.

some i can relate to, some i can not but very interesting indeed.

when it comes to our rivalry with barcelona, and our management under jose mourinho i have my thoughts and feelings towards it and i believe that eventually if done right we are going to get to where we want. I've studied alot about football philosophy and mentality when it comes to certain areas and i for one have the feeling that jose mourinho is quite possibly the best thing to happen to real madrid in along time. Of course many will say thats too much of a strong way to put in, or might disagree with it entirely but they are my opinions after all.

Right now i am looking forward, i feel a club unity that i have not felt in a long time, and if we manage to achieve what we want then things will probably only keep getting better, its a cycle in football and it can take two directions, you never know.

thats why you should always hope for the best and expect for the worst.

best case scenario we win cl and la liga or atleast ( my prediction for this year) or atleast 1 of the 2.

or we fall short of expectation.

you never know.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:47 am

ohhh shocking, stoke city had more possession than the mighty barcelona, where is alex so i can have a laugh
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:ohhh shocking, stoke city had more possession than the mighty barcelona, where is alex so i can have a laugh

He would've been here if they won this game so he could start his usual Blah Blah Blah.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 am

Tikki taka failed today...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:35 am

Madrid fans bragging about drawing at home to a Barca with a makeshift midfield and defense? :lol!:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmManUnited Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:13 am

Good overall match, barca got two very fortunate goals, first being an amazing strike which only hits once in a blue moon and the second to a defensive mix up. They didnt play their game, yet still drawed, amazing. As to madrid, they have to do this more than once, if they want to be the better team they have to show it, if anythign madrid looked the more comfortable outta the two teams and thats something barca are always in these matches.
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gkamtu Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:34 am

how is coming game can you rate in which position which team will take the cup?
gkamtu
gkamtu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next