Cleverly Earns England Call Up

4 posters

Go down

Cleverly Earns England Call Up Empty Cleverly Earns England Call Up

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Wilshere and Carrick are unfit so capello has given Tom the call for the friendly vs Netherlands, hopefully he gets a sub appearance, just goes to show we aren't the only ones who have noticed his play even if its early in the season. Should be a big boost for him going into the season
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Cleverly Earns England Call Up Empty Re: Cleverly Earns England Call Up

Post by RED Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:24 pm

Great news. he deserves it, and along with Wilshere, i can see becoming the new Gerrard and Lampard of england (hopefully it will become a partnership that works, unlike the other 2).

He has really come a long way in such a short period of time. Very pleased for him. I just hope now that none of our players get injured in this dumb innappropiate international friendly. why the eff play a friendly 3 days
before the season starts? scratch

B-Mac, i love that sig. i can watch that goal all day. A masterclass.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Good news for Cleverley. Fergie was backing him to get an England cap back in July. :king:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:20 am

2 interesting developments

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2014/02/27/manchester-united-fans-react-to-tom-cleverleys-england-call-up-on-twitter/

Tom Cleverley is seemingly more marmite than marmite itself and following Roy Hodgson’s call-up to the England squad for the friendly against Denmark next week, Manchester United fans had their say on the midfielder. Hodgson has a soft spot for Cleverley and he featured more than most in England’s World Cup qualifying campaign but the 24-year-old’s inconsistent form has seen him become a scapegoat for United’s season. His place in the England squad is a testament to the faith that Hodgson has in him but although there is some in support for him, plenty of United fans don’t think he should be there. wrote:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:23 am

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-uniteds-tom-cleverley-shuts-6702589

[mention]Tom Cleverley is no longer on Twitter after closing down his account. The 24-year-old has come in for criticism from fans and pundits this season as he has struggled to make his mark in the United team, and gave an interview in the Mirror yesterday where he said flak from Reds supporters hurt the most .

Defending his play as necessary but not headline-grabbing, he said: “My confidence has been a little bit low at times this season,” Cleverley admitted. “There is not much worse for a player than getting it off his own fans. “I don’t mind hearing stick off 19 of 20 Premier League clubs. But when it comes from your own fans, it hurts a little bit more."

Cleverley was subject to abuse on Twitter last week when users on the site made jokes using an #AskCarrick hashtag, intended by the club to be used to ask Cleverley's teammate questions for the matchday programme. And after getting more abuse following the Mirror interview, the England international has now shut down his '@tomclevz23' account, at least for the time being. Former United player Darron Gibson was forced to do the same in April 2011. The then-Reds player lasted just two hours on the site before closing his account due to abuse.[/mention] wrote:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down