B-Mac
Kylar Stern
cyberman
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cleverly >> Sneidjer - Page 2 Empty Re: Cleverly >> Sneidjer

Post by cyberman Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 pm

we dont need an AM to tackle barca, we need a discliplined midfielder who uses the ball well and can get around the midfield

cleverley can do that given time

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:46 pm

edit: searched for cleverly thought i was posting in general section.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Why people say that Cleverley fits better at Man UTD or in it's formation, in it's style etc. than Sneijder if the dutch player didn't even play a game for Man United.Seriously guys, there are no filters of comparison when it comes about their role at Manchester United.

BTW, individually talking Sneijder impressed me more untill now with his long passes, free kicks, spectacular goals etc. He is that kind of player based on acceleration and good ball control (English Premier League specific).

Cleverley is younger, he has potential and he might become the most important piece in the midfield for Manchester United in a few years.

Again, how can people say that Clevs fits better for United, if Sneijder didn't even play for the RED Devils.It's ridiculous, you can't tell untill you see.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:29 am

I'd rather have Fletcher at the moment. Sad
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidVilla92 Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 am

Zero wrote:I'd rather have Fletcher at the moment. Sad
Same here, never mind Cleverly or Sneidjer! We need a player who can actually help defend, something we lack right now. :facepalm:
DavidVilla92
DavidVilla92
Prospect
Prospect

https://www.facebook.com/daniemccarthy92

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 pm

vlafy wrote:Why people say that Cleverley fits better at Man UTD or in it's formation, in it's style etc. than Sneijder if the dutch player didn't even play a game for Man United.Seriously guys, there are no filters of comparison when it comes about their role at Manchester United.

BTW, individually talking Sneijder impressed me more untill now with his long passes, free kicks, spectacular goals etc. He is that kind of player based on acceleration and good ball control (English Premier League specific).

Cleverley is younger, he has potential and he might become the most important piece in the midfield for Manchester United in a few years.

Again, how can people say that Clevs fits better for United, if Sneijder didn't even play for the RED Devils.It's ridiculous, you can't tell untill you see.
I'll tell you why Cleverley suits our system better clearly. One of the major talking points regarding Sneijder is his inability to have a significant influence in central midfield, and thanks to Mourinho he was shifted into an full-time attacking midfielder, where he accomplished his best season in club football, back in 09/10, with Inter Milan. With Real Madrid, he wasn't a stand-out player in central midfield. Yes he was talented and was capable of picking out the Hollywood pass and dictating play, however, he lacked self-discipline and wouldn't improve our central midfield to the extent we are looking for. We should have only approached him as an option to play as our attacking midfield, but even then Fergie had a lot of confidence is Rooney to flourish. (Who wouldn't, after he was fantastic in the second half of the 10/11 season.)
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 pm

II Capitano wrote:I'll tell you why Cleverley suits our system better clearly. One of the major talking points regarding Sneijder is his inability to have a significant influence in central midfield, and thanks to Mourinho he was shifted into an full-time attacking midfielder, where he accomplished his best season in club football, back in 09/10, with Inter Milan. With Real Madrid, he wasn't a stand-out player in central midfield. Yes he was talented and was capable of picking out the Hollywood pass and dictating play, however, he lacked self-discipline and wouldn't improve our central midfield to the extent we are looking for. We should have only approached him as an option to play as our attacking midfield, but even then Fergie had a lot of confidence is Rooney to flourish. (Who wouldn't, after he was fantastic in the second half of the 10/11 season.)

I understand your point, but you didn't understand mine.Maybe Ferguson would have changed the formation to use both Sneijder and Cleverley in the first 11, you can't know.Am I being absurd if I am talking about this?I don't think so; changing formations is part of the football game.Or maybe at Man United, Sneijder would have learned to play like a disciplined central midfield with both defensive and offensive tasks.He reached a mature age now; he is intelligent and capable to adapt in many situations.We didn't even see him playing for the RED Devils so we just can't know how he would have played.In my opinion, it's still too much to say that Cleverley >> Sneijder as the title of this topic.

Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Sneijder, Van persie and Rooney would affraid
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:33 am

II Capitano wrote:
vlafy wrote:Why people say that Cleverley fits better at Man UTD or in it's formation, in it's style etc. than Sneijder if the dutch player didn't even play a game for Man United.Seriously guys, there are no filters of comparison when it comes about their role at Manchester United.

I'll tell you why Cleverley suits our system better clearly. One of the major talking points regarding Sneijder is his inability to have a significant influence in central midfield, and thanks to Mourinho he was shifted into an full-time attacking midfielder, where he accomplished his best season in club football, back in 09/10, with Inter Milan. With Real Madrid, he wasn't a stand-out player in central midfield. Yes he was talented and was capable of picking out the Hollywood pass and dictating play, however, he lacked self-discipline and wouldn't improve our central midfield to the extent we are looking for. We should have only approached him as an option to play as our attacking midfield, but even then Fergie had a lot of confidence is Rooney to flourish. (Who wouldn't, after he was fantastic in the second half of the 10/11 season.)

+1

Had we signed Sneijder, we wouldn't have signed Kagawa. Still the same, the problem in the central midfield, which I believe that Cleverley is a long term solution to, would still be a problem. (I even consider Cleverley to be suited in a more advanced role than CM).
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

I understand your point, but you didn't understand mine.Maybe Ferguson would have changed the formation to use both Sneijder and Cleverley in the first 11, you can't know.Am I being absurd if I am talking about this?I don't think so; changing formations is part of the football game.Or maybe at Man United, Sneijder would have learned to play like a disciplined central midfield with both defensive and offensive tasks.He reached a mature age now; he is intelligent and capable to adapt in many situations.We didn't even see him playing for the RED Devils so we just can't know how he would have played.In my opinion, it's still too much to say that Cleverley >> Sneijder as the title of this topic.
Not back in 10/11 he couldn't because Cleverley was loaned out to Wigan - and after that summer, our interest in Sneijder effectively ended. There is a way of using both Cleverley and Sneijder in the side, by utilising the former as a central midfielder and the latter in the hole, in "Rooney's position". But now, there's no need to discuss about him when Kagawa has been better in that position for two seasons running. Also, I don't know what your point is, apart from the title of the thread, which I'll address shortly. Sneijder is no longer a possibility, so it's a bit futile discussing him.

As for the thread title, no one is saying that the Cleverley is better than Sneijder, but currently the former is, by quite some margin, suited to our system better and is what we are looking for to replace Scholes (the impossible task).
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:21 pm

we have kagawa who's playing the sneijder role...but i beg to differ....Sneijder>cleverley. Ofc we dont need him now though...

Sneijder is brilliant (maybe im very bias here since he's my favorite player right now), but the *bleep* is squishy as *bleep* (recent injuries), and we need a *bleep* DM/true CM. Sneijder can only do wonder if the whole team is revolve around him ( he plays in his natural position). When coaches tried using him in CM/wing, he can disappear in games very easily (still influential, but not as much anymore). And must I say....he can't defend for shit :I
and Buttner's debut goal
cheers
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down