Jay29
Adit
Lord Awesome
Ganso
The BoyWonder
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 4 Empty Re: England is not n never been a football powerhouse

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Sepi wrote:
a RW should have quality crosses.

Barton is a much much much better crosser of the ball than Lennon/AJ/Walcott/Milner.

Plus, he has bottle, and make very intelligent runs.

I watched Newcastle almost every week last season, shame they did let go of their spine. Had it not been for Nolan n Barton's injuries and Carroll's sale, they would have easily finished in the top 6/7

RW should have good crosses? who said that? Muller plays as a RW for Germany and he isn't great crosser of ball.

And Barton isnt the best crosser of ball english players either.Both Downing and Young are better and far more consistent year in year out.

Has Bottle? Getting stupid red cards is now bottle? How exactly does Walcott Young or Downing hasn't got bottle? Because they dont make rash challenges?

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 4 Empty Re: England is not n never been a football powerhouse

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:Downing for England's Crosser?

In the 4-4-2 that I am talking about. One winger is tucked in (Barton) and one is a natural winger with pace and width (For Newcastle it was Gutierrez).

Out of England's left wingers....Only Downing is a traditional winger who gives width ..Neither Young or Johnson are natural wingers or as good crossers, they are better dribblers though. There will be plenty of options there Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Sepi wrote:
a RW should have quality crosses.

Barton is a much much much better crosser of the ball than Lennon/AJ/Walcott/Milner.

Plus, he has bottle, and make very intelligent runs.

I watched Newcastle almost every week last season, shame they did let go of their spine. Had it not been for Nolan n Barton's injuries and Carroll's sale, they would have easily finished in the top 6/7

RW should have good crosses? who said that? Muller plays as a PW for Germany and he isn't great crosser of ball.

And Barton isnt the best crosser of ball english players either.Both Downing and Young are better and far more consistent year in year out.

Has Bottle? Getting stupid red cards is now bottle? How exactly does Walcott Young or Downing hasn't got bottle? Because they dont make rash challenges?

You do realise almost all of Carroll's goals came from Barton's foot?

Thank Joey you have him :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:36 pm

England Historically have always produced great Centre backs and good physical lone strikers.Still it is the trend,look at most promising youngsters of england,most of them are either forwards or CBs.well im slipping from topic it seems.

With the limited midfielders the only way England can play is a direct double pivot which quickly drives the ball to forwards and wingers.Im pretty sure that,England doesnt have a midfield to "own" any team in the world.But in big International games all teams play against england will park the bus and wont give any space to forwards and wingers,then we have our english midfielders who dont know what to do where to go forced to create a goal (english mids arent good against park the bus teams,they simply dont have that much creativity in them but in direct football they owns every one-thats reason why English mids succeeding in EPL and not really working out side england).So only thing you have to do to stop england is leave less space in wings,mark your physical strikers and you are done.I have been seeing this same thing for past 25 years and it is getting very boring.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:37 pm

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 4 1232042174_oldtimefacepunch
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Face it, England is a 4-4-2 team. It will take a decade or somethign to change the system and as long as someone like Pearce managed their U-21 team, this mentality will remain.

Their best chance of doing something is playing 4-4-2, and being compact in defense until the youth level and academies start teaching more technical stuff to their players.

England's best performances lately have come when they've been down to 10 men, it's because it makes them stronger as a unit, and more compact and more dangerous on the counter/set pieces.

Newcastle's 4-4-2 team under Houghton wasn't a hoofball team like Stoke. They actually passed it around quite well, but when they got around the box, they were very effective, because they played to strength of their players and the mentality of the club.

Richard Dunne was voted PFA's best defender of the year last season (09-10), but he was soooo badly raped and destroyed against the Barton-Nolan-Carroll trio that he never recovered from it. They got good results against the better teams of the league as well.

I am not saying a strict 4-4-2, but their 4-4-2 wasn't consisted of 2 speed merchants on the wing. It was a thoughtful one, and all the players had team spirit and were leaders. Something England NT lacks ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:40 pm

Adit wrote:England Historically have always produced great Centre backs and good physical lone strikers.Still it is the trend,look at most promising youngsters of england,most of them are either forwards or CBs.well im slipping from topic it seems.

With the limited midfielders the only way England can play is a direct double pivot which quickly drives the ball to forwards and wingers.Im pretty sure that,England doesnt have a midfield to "own" any team in the world.But in big International games all teams play against england will park the bus and wont give any space to forwards and wingers,then we have our english midfielders who dont know what to do where to go forced to create a goal (english mids arent good against park the bus teams,they simply dont have that much creativity in them but in direct football they owns every one-thats reason why English mids succeeding in EPL and not really working out side england).So only thing you have to do to stop england is leave less space in wings,mark your physical strikers and you are done.I have been seeing this same thing for past 25 years and it is getting very boring.

I agree that this has been the case for England for a long time. Hopefully that ends soon.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:43 pm

England sucks, there I said it, in

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:43 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
You do realise almost all of Carroll's goals came from Barton's foot?

Thank Joey you have him :coffee:

And that has nothing to do with Carroll being an exceptional header?How many assists did Barton get after Carroll went?

All hail Carroll :coffee:

I am not saying Barton is rubbish but no way on earth he is a better winger than Young Walcott or Downing and should play ahead of them for England.

And his comments about being England's best CM is plain stupidity considering he didnt even play as a CM last season for Newcastle.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:44 pm

in Basketball I mean. Very Happy

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 4 1232230162_polarBearScare
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Sepi wrote:Face it, England is a 4-4-2 team. It will take a decade or somethign to change the system and as long as someone like Pearce managed their U-21 team, this mentality will remain.

Their best chance of doing something is playing 4-4-2, and being compact in defense until the youth level and academies start teaching more technical stuff to their players.

England's best performances lately have come when they've been down to 10 men, it's because it makes them stronger as a unit, and more compact and more dangerous on the counter/set pieces.

Newcastle's 4-4-2 team under Houghton wasn't a hoofball team like Stoke. They actually passed it around quite well, but when they got around the box, they were very effective, because they played to strength of their players and the mentality of the club.

Richard Dunne was voted PFA's best defender of the year last season (09-10), but he was soooo badly raped and destroyed against the Barton-Nolan-Carroll trio that he never recovered from it. They got good results against the better teams of the league as well.

I am not saying a strict 4-4-2, but their 4-4-2 wasn't consisted of 2 speed merchants on the wing. It was a thoughtful one, and all the players had team spirit and were leaders. Something England NT lacks ...

So true, watch the win at the Emirates there was 2 or 3 15 minute spell's in that game where we dominate possession.

Dont believe me ? watch it Very Happy

To say we got good result's against the better team's is an understatement Very Happy we just failed against the smaller teams Sad

I love how people talk about something they have no clue about Laughing

@ BeautifulGame

If it was based on form, Barton would be in the england first team and that my friend's is a fact :coffee:

And he did play CM he just played RW aswell i know its strange but that's how it was, he made himself available on the wing but was as CM most of time kinda like how Villa play's as an inside forward.

Joey created a new position " The Inside-Midfielder" Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:49 pm

@Mole

Unless he plays DM and has a good season no he isn't good enough on current form either as a winger or CM.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:50 pm

I disagree about us being a 4-4-2 team. We've improved a lot playing 4-3-3 and have used the ball much better. It's the way forward for us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:@Mole

Unless he plays DM and has a good season no he isn't good enough on current form either as a winger.

Btw he played as a wide-midfielder not a winger, quite different Razz

And the only midfielder in the english setup that played better than him last year be it LEFT, CENTRE, DM OR RIGHT.

Was Wilshere, the only reason people choose to ignore him even people like yourself is because of his past its all political.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm

I agree with 4-4-2 being England's best formation.England players dont have the off the ball movement intelligence to play 4-3-3 IMO.They should get O'Neil as coach he is pretty good at 4-4-2 with wingers and target man striker.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Unless he plays DM and has a good season no he isn't good enough on current form either as a winger.

And the only midfielder in the english setup that played better than him last year be it LEFT, CENTRE, DM OR RIGHT.

Was Wilshere, the only reason people choose to ignore him even people like yourself is because of his past its all political.

Walcott Downing both had better seasons than him.And Young is the best winger England have should start regularly for them.So as much as Barton had a decent season he is good enough to be a starter for them on the wings.

And i dont think either of us are going to convince other on this Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:02 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Walcott Downing both had better seasons than him.And Young is the best winger England have should start regularly for them.So as much as Barton had a decent season he is good enough to be a starter for them on the wings.

And i dont think either of us are going to convince other on this Laughing

Agreed lol Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:13 pm

The BoyWonder wrote:any1 who believes otherwise is either english or delusional (or both)

it annoys me 2 hell when som1 tags england ''amongst favouries'' 4 d world cup or d euro, wen are u people realise dat dis team has done nothing 2 deserve 2 belong in such category. it's not like dey have good players or any history in winning....will you stop making a joke out of yourself people?

I won't even respond or take you seriously after seeing your Signature says your a Roma and Inter Supporter....fake plastic fan
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 pm

B-Mac MUFC wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:any1 who believes otherwise is either english or delusional (or both)

it annoys me 2 hell when som1 tags england ''amongst favouries'' 4 d world cup or d euro, wen are u people realise dat dis team has done nothing 2 deserve 2 belong in such category. it's not like dey have good players or any history in winning....will you stop making a joke out of yourself people?

I won't even respond or take you seriously after seeing your Signature says your a Roma and Inter Supporter....fake plastic fan

insults are a pathetic way to sort your frustration.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:36 pm

ali8775 wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

insults are a pathetic way to sort your frustration.

this is me caring... :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 pm

frakking Boss !!

England is not n never been a football powerhouse - Page 4 Newcastle-Kevin-Nolan-Joey-Barton+cropped

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Is there any way mods can instantly delete shit threads such as these?

We all know England ain't a superpower, it's been covered so many times. Pointless thread trying to get people to bash the England national team.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 pm

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:53 pm

BoyWonder presents Part 65 in Totally Pointless Threads.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:They were a force to be reconed with between96-2004 in my opinion. England being overrated is such a lazy statement at this point. When in reality, other "power houses" have failed to deliver time in and again aswell. *cough* Brazil, Argentina, Italy

"Cough". Brazil has won 5 World Cups and Italy has won 4 World Cups. See the difference?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 am

*cough* brazil?im sorry,but we have won 5 trophies in the last decade(1 WC).+ Italy in 06?

We have all the credit to lose once in a while.

Argentina is a fail national team,so you can ride on them whenever you like :coffee:

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next