Youth Teamers on Tour

4 posters

Go down

Youth Teamers on Tour Empty Youth Teamers on Tour

Post by punkfusion1992 Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Just wanted to know your thoughts on the youth team players who participated on the RM tour. Considering we have, as Jose wants it, 23 players(21 on tour and Higgy and Angelito coming back). Do you think any player on tour could push for a 25 man squad place?
Here is my opinion on the players:-

Nacho:- To me the most impressive on tour. We saw him last year against Valencia and Zaragoza and saw he is like Arbeloa, not too fast, great defensively and extremely versatile. During the tour of US he broke out of his shell some what by being more involved in attack while tracking back pretty well. He is the Castilla player who impressed me the most.
Mejias: Was good in the 45 minutes against philly, couldnt do much about that beaut of a goal but pulled off a great save in the dying moments. He would be my 3rd goalie for the season.
Casado: Was run ragged by a philly offense but recovered well many times. I do see hope in this kid, he has great potential if we could nurture it. He reminds me of a young Nacho Monreal.
Jese: Played all three games. Seems to be generally liked by both Mou and Karanka. Runs alot, tracks back quite abit. He managed make some darting runs though his decision making was often poor but he is 18 and for that he has to be cut some slack. Judging on his play during the tour i could say this kid has got superb potential. For those who think Neymar is required, why buy a ready made Neymar for 45 mill when we can nurture a player who can be a much greater player who can play 4 positions
Jesus: DNP cant judge
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Youth Teamers on Tour Empty Re: Youth Teamers on Tour

Post by buddytaller Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:23 pm

I don't Jese is quite ready yet, I wasn't too impressed with his performances in the matches he played, though it was quite obvious he is very talented, at his age he needs regular playing time to develop and staying with Castilla will be in his own interest. Castilla will also need a "star" player to replace Sarabia and make another push towards the Segunda.

The only one I'll promote will be Nacho but I doubt he'll get much playing time with Marcelo and Coentrao before him in the pecking order. He could still remain with Castilla and train with the first team when necessary.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:35 am

Jese didn't stand out for me unfortunately. Nacho reminds me of Miguel Torres
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:39 am

Agreed, not impressed by jese just yet, his game isnt mature enough clearly, not even close of Neymar's league atm. Two years with castilla, hopefully in segunda next season will give him plenty of time to develop.

I like Nacho, but his lack of speed is something im not a fan of, it will do him no favors in primera division; fullbacks need to be more athletic than what he is displaying imo.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down