Pedram
BarcaLearning
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ballon D'or 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ballon D'or 2024

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:38 am

I think Bellingham is the one and only.

However these awards lost any merit a long time ago. The only standard should be performance over a season, but you have recency bias, popularity contests, politics, national bias...

Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 29, 2024 10:40 am

Depends on what you define over a season because Jude wasn't the best RM player over the entire season hmm

I agree with the second part
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Vini didn't even play the quater final and Brazil were absolutely useless without him. They could've won against Colombia if the Argie VAR didn't rob him of a penalty. That would've put them against Panama instead of Uruguay

Rodri's importance is overstated and the stats show it. Give me a break. I always knew his defensive stats were meh and he was basically hyped for bagging a few goals and passing the ball 200 times.

All these years in which Casemiro did everything better than Rodri bar passing and there was never a bwlon dor push for him.

They are trying so hard to push Rodri for Balon d'or over Vini. They are not even hiding it

Football is truly cooked if Rodri finishes in top three.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:55 pm

Think Vini will win it, but it might turn out to be popularity contest so Bellingham would win that... but man the LOOOOL if Rodri were to win, just LOOOL, the Real fans will cry for a decade XD
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 29, 2024 3:59 pm

I wouldn't have a problem if Rodri deserved it, at all.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:14 pm

Funny that even Real Madrid fans have short term memories.

Bellingham carried that team for half a season and set groundwork for any success they had later on. His role was then changed.

All due respect to Vini, but Bellingham was the most imortant player on that team.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 29, 2024 4:33 pm

Vibe wrote:Funny that even Real Madrid fans have short term memories.

Bellingham carried that team for half a season.
You said it yourself
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Jul 29, 2024 5:29 pm

Vibe you're simply biased or selectively watched our matches. Bellingham was important but without Vinicius we would have ended the season with zero titles. Vinicius was just decisive when we needed it the most.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:20 pm

Rodri should be the easy win here. I have a strong feeling he will.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:29 pm

I say it will be

1. Vini
2. Bellingham
3. Rodri

You guys are giving too much importance to NT accomplishments. It is a factor, however the overriding point is how the club did. Best player on the best team is the more likely outcome. Plus, midfielders nor fullbacks (Carvajal) hardly ever win!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:34 pm

I favour club accomplishments over international for international is based on a very small sample size tournament and is a considerable drop in quality and competition,

but Rodri has been outstanding for a top team in the most competitive league who win the league, and then for us, even winning that tournament.

Carjaval has been etc etc but does not deserve the Ballon D'Or nowhere near if we are ruling Rodri out.

As for Bellingham v Vini. Easily Vini who was miles more decisive and on the biggest stage. Bellingham sucked for England so there's that too.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:49 pm

When Rodri came up against Bellingham and Vini on the biggest stage he was sent packing helping City ship 4 goals over 2 legs and chickened out of taking a penalty kick.

Winter is Coming wrote:Rodri should be the easy win here. I have a strong feeling he will.

How do you figure him being the easy winner? If there was no Euro he wasn't even in the conversation. Suddenly Spain win the Euro and him riding the coat tail of Ruiz and Olmo and suddenly he should be in the conversation.

Dani oudid him in both accomplishment and importance to the team but they'll never pick an unsung hero from RM.

Even Valverde finds himself outside the top 10, yet you could argue he was our most consistent player across the whole season. Vini and Jude might have scored the goals bit without Valverde we never beat the big teams at all.

I don't see the push for him.

Like I said, the push for Rodri is laughable. Just RM have about 4 or even 5 players who deserve it more than him. Funny that he wasn't even in the conversation when City won the treble but it's the season they got dumped out of the CL by RM and only won the league against the eternal bottlers that somehow makes him more worthy of winning the balon d'or.

Only Vini's reputation and Jude/Vini taking votes off eachother will be his best shot at winning it but I can only laught and this media campaign.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:56 pm

According to the bookies the latest its Vini favourite followed closely by Rodri, the rest is pretty far behind Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:According to the bookies the latest its Vini favourite followed closely by Rodri, the rest is pretty far behind Very Happy
Mind-boggling I tell you. It took Jude a couple of weeks of negative media to make him drop far below the top 2. Incredible!!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:21 pm

Bookies for Balon d’or? That just GL quessing!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:35 pm

GL also rules out Rodri but somehow carefully slips in fucking Carvajal for the Ballon D'or shout Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:15 pm

Vini did 24/11 as a striker, Bellingham did 23/13 as a midfielder, GTFO.

Vini also has a tattoo of a left handed MJ, this should be an automatic dsq from any award tbh and Rodri has no eyebrows.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:30 pm

Vibe wrote:Vini did 24/11 as a striker, Bellingham did 23/13 as a midfielder, GTFO.

Vini also has a tattoo of a left handed MJ, this should be an automatic dsq from any award tbh and Rodri has no eyebrows.
Jude also played over 1000 mins more than Vini. Vini has 20 goals in 2024, Jude has 7. And no Jude was not a midfielder, he played almost side by side with Vini

19 of Jude's goals came in the league with 6 goals being in 2024.

Vini was Super Cup player of the tournament, CL player of the tournament and Jude superhuman 2023 short of winning LaLiga player of the season.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:GL also rules out Rodri but somehow carefully slips in fucking Carvajal for the Ballon D'or shout Laughing
He's more worthy than Rodri. That's the point
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Vibe wrote:Vini did 24/11 as a striker, Bellingham did 23/13 as a midfielder, GTFO.

Jude also played over 1000 mins more than Vini. Vini has 20 goals in 2024, Jude has 7. And no Jude was not a midfielder, he played almost side by side with Vini

Vini was Super Cup player of the tournament, CL player of the tournament and Jude superhuman 2023 short of winning LaLiga player of the season.

I'm starting to suspect you don't watch games hala. Bellingham behind the strikers scored a lot of goals. In 2024 he didn't play behind the strikers anymore. What are we talking about here?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:45 pm

Vibe wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

I'm starting to suspect you don't watch games hala. Bellingham behind the strikers scored a lot of goals. In 2024 he didn't play behind the strikers anymore. What are we talking about here?
On the contrary. Jude had exactly the same role in 2024. In the CL all our attackers had different roles. Jude played almost as a striker against City. If you look at the heat map he played higher up than Rodrygo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Jul 30, 2024 5:05 pm

And there it is, you don't watch the games.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:45 pm

If you say so Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jul 30, 2024 9:23 pm

Vini missed a lot of games is what ppl fail to realize. He was injured for a good chunk of the first half of the season. Madrid winning the league and UCL is the greatest season Ive witnessed and was an ancelotti masterclass with how many injuries we had. One of the greatest season achievements that's been overlooked due to madrids recent overall success

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:50 am

halamadrid2 wrote:When Rodri came up against Bellingham and Vini on the biggest stage he was sent packing helping City ship 4 goals over 2 legs and chickened out of taking a penalty kick.

Winter is Coming wrote:Rodri should be the easy win here. I have a strong feeling he will.

How do you figure him being the easy winner? If there was no Euro he wasn't even in the conversation. Suddenly Spain win the Euro and him riding the coat tail of Ruiz and Olmo and suddenly he should be in the conversation.

Dani oudid him in both accomplishment and importance to the team but they'll never pick an unsung hero from RM.

Even Valverde finds himself outside the top 10, yet you could argue he was our most consistent player across the whole season. Vini and Jude might have scored the goals bit without Valverde we never beat the big teams at all.

I don't see the push for him.

Like I said, the push for Rodri is laughable. Just RM have about 4 or even 5 players who deserve it more than him. Funny that he wasn't even in the conversation when City won the treble but it's the season they got dumped out of the CL by RM and only won the league against the eternal bottlers that somehow makes him more worthy of winning the balon d'or.

Only Vini's reputation and Jude/Vini taking votes off eachother will be his best shot at winning it but I  can only laught and this media campaign.

And Rodri won a Euro against Bellingham while Vini got sent packing in the Copa America. I fail to see the point you're trying to make here.

Well of course, if Vini and Bellingham didn't have the CL medal they wouldn't be in the discussion either for the BdO. Shocker one of the best players in Europe legged behind the two because outside of the league he failed to win the CL, but he goes on to win a Euro against Bellingham England and while Vini flops in Copa. Not surpising he'd jump up the list to be a contender.

The way I see if Rodri was more consistent throughout the season as Bellingham started off hot, but cool down in the second half and Vini had a strong finish, but slow start. Both of them didn't perform well on the international level either, Vini being the worst. So therefor, I believe the PR won't be as strong, this ain't Messi V Ronaldo anymore.

To many Rodri was the best player in the City treble winning season, the problem was he had Messi going on to win the WC closing his chapter in football and Haaland who was smashing records ahead of him. That ain't the case this season. I'd be surprised to see any other City player in the top 10 BdO which would give Rodri more votes.

Of course I get the fact DM get overlooked, but I just don't see Vini/Bellingham as this clear favourite you're trying to make them out to be. If anything you have this huge PR going for them. Ultimately I forgot we still have the first half of the season to go, so things can change, but I still stick with Rodri being the best in 2023-2024 season for club and country.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:38 am

How many trophies did city win this past season?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next