Harmonica
Pedram
BarcaLearning
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ballon D'or 2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: Ballon D'or 2024

Post by Clutch Wed Jul 31, 2024 4:38 am

How many trophies did city win this past season?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:31 am

Winter is Coming wrote:

And Rodri won a Euro against Bellingham while Vini got sent packing in the Copa America. I fail to see the point you're trying to make here.
*correction* A Vini less Brazil were sent packing.

Well of course, if Vini and Bellingham didn't have the CL medal they wouldn't be in the discussion either for the BdO. Shocker one of the best players in Europe legged behind the two because outside of the league he failed to win the CL, but he goes on to win a Euro against Bellingham England and while Vini flops in Copa. Not surpising he'd jump up the list to be a contender.

International tournaments are like 20 levels below club football. It's were a team filled with Bilbao and LaReal players can dominate teams. And Rodri was not even the 6th best player at Spain. That's like calling Tchouaméni one of the best players because he won the CL and we didn't lose a game with him in the line up. If Vini/Jude didn't have a CL medal then Rodri would have one because RM and City are the 2 best teams in Europe and the conversation would be different. Last season when Vini did a superhuman effort in the CL only to be denied in the semi final against City with us missing a bunch of players Vini didn't even find himself in the top 7.

The way I see if Rodri was more consistent throughout the season as Bellingham started off hot, but cool down in the second half and Vini had a strong finish, but slow start. Both of them didn't perform well on the international level either, Vini being the worst. So therefor, I believe the PR won't be as strong, this ain't Messi V Ronaldo anymore.

Vini didn't have a slow start, he was injured for most of it. And judging by City fans Rodri should have been replaced in the early season when City were stinking it up. They lost every cup bar the league. Laughable! Vini barely played 3 games at the CA. If we judge the players after the group stage then he probably would've been the best of the 3.

To many Rodri was the best player in the City treble winning season, the problem was he had Messi going on to win the WC closing his chapter in football and Haaland who was smashing records ahead of him. That ain't the case this season. I'd be surprised to see any other City player in the top 10 BdO which would give Rodri more votes.

No,this time we have 2 players smashing every team in front of them including City and a media trying so hard to push Rodri down our throats due to Ruiz, Olmo and Yamal. 2 of those being his midfield partners. Give me a break!

Of course I get the fact DM get overlooked, but I just don't see Vini/Bellingham as this clear favourite you're trying to make them out to be. If anything you have this huge PR going for them. Ultimately I forgot we still have the first half of the season to go, so things can change, but I still stick with Rodri being the best in 2023-2024 season for club and country.

You think Vini has PR going for him when every single player with a mic in front of him has proclaimed him the best. Rodri is a media driven PR offensive because Vini is unlikeable.

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:35 am

Clutch wrote:How many trophies did city win this past season?
Incredible people are still trying to convince us that Rodri somehow deserves to be in the conversation
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:24 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
*correction* A Vini less Brazil were sent packing.

And that's on him. Who told him to get suspended? He hurts himself and his own team. Evan than Vini has been garabage for Brazil ask most Brazillian this and they'll tell you.

International tournaments are like 20 levels below club football. It's were a team filled with Bilbao and LaReal players can dominate teams. And Rodri was not even the 6th best player at Spain. That's like calling Tchouaméni one of the best players because he won the CL and we didn't lose a game with him in the line up. If Vini/Jude didn't have a CL medal then Rodri would have one because RM and City are the 2 best teams in Europe and the conversation would be different. Last season when Vini did a superhuman effort in the CL only to be denied in the semi final against City with us missing a bunch of players Vini didn't even find himself in the top 7.

Here we go downplaying internation tournment after your players flop in it. I can only imagine if one of the two won their tournment your tone would be much different. 6th best player? He won the player of the tournment ffs.

Vini didn't have a slow start, he was injured for most of it. And judging by City fans Rodri should have been replaced in the early season when City were stinking it up. They lost every cup bar the league. Laughable! Vini barely played 3 games at the CA. If we judge the players after the group stage then he probably would've been the best of the 3.

Who said that? Rodri got suspended in the first half of the season missed 4 games City drew and lost 3 in a row lol if anything it was the opposite. He literally went 74 games unbeaten starting for City the only 2 defeats they suffered in those games were PK shootouts against Aresnal and Madrid. It's literally the opposite, he's been there most important player.

No,this time we have 2 players smashing every team in front of them including City and a media trying so hard to push Rodri down our throats due to Ruiz, Olmo and Yamal. 2 of those being his midfield partners. Give me a break!

Those didn't do it only, we forgetting Lunin, Rudiger, Velerede, Rodrygo, but of course will exclude there names to make the other two look better. You said yourself you have 4-5 players better than Rodri, but now its only those 2 smashing. Bellingham legit was garbage against City, Bayern and Dortmund. I love how Haaland got stick for not performing in the SF and final, but Bellingham is BdO contender all of a sudden.

You think Vini has PR going for him when every single player with a mic in front of him has proclaimed him the best. Rodri is a media driven PR offensive because Vini is unlikeable.

I said you have this PR for them. I didn't say anyone else has.

Again to me Rodri was the best player. I feel he would've won it if Ballon D'or occured today, but I forgot this goes till Jan, so probably more favourable for Vini/Bellingham if they perform.

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:25 pm

3 titles, UEFA Super Cup, CWC and PL. Rodri with Spain also obviously won the Euros too, so 4 total for him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:12 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:

3 titles, UEFA Super Cup, CWC and PL. Rodri with Spain also obviously won the Euros too, so 4 total for him.
Im sure those trophies are all waited equally. Do the uefa super cup and cwc count for this year's votes? Bc R madrid will have that coming up too before the Ballon d'or

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:18 pm

Vini most definitely was detrimental for Brazil getting stupid suspension, it's part of the performance.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:34 pm

Clutch wrote:Im sure those trophies are all waited equally. Do the uefa super cup and cwc count for this year's votes? Bc R madrid will have that coming up too before the Ballon d'or

League + EUROS VS League + CL would weight equally no?

CWC probably not because its near the end of Dec, so votings will be done by than. I'd assume possible UEFA Super Cup may, it all depends how they view this. Typically this is for the season of 23-24, but we've seen performance/success leading to BdO early in the following seasons at times has had an impact on the votings, so start of the season till around Oct/Nov can have a big impact on who wins.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:06 pm

Love this place, next to no objectivity n basically Real fans thinks Real players should win it as always... while other fans thinks otherwise Very Happy At least its more 'fair' now cos in the recent past it felt like us Barca fans vs the world here cos everything was going Reals way.. lol...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:18 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:in the recent past it felt like us Barca fans vs the world...

Only in your delusional world naive one.

Perhaps you are too young but everyone here vividly remembers how the entire journalistic world of football were collectively sucking off Barca during Messi years.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:21 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
And that's on him. Who told him to get suspended? He hurts himself and his own team. Evan than Vini has been garabage for Brazil ask most Brazillian this and they'll tell you.

Or you could say the refereeing team did not want him in the quarters because it could risk hampering Argentina's chances of winning CA. Vini won MOTM once in 3 games. Bellingham once in 3 games and Rodri 0 times. Meanwhile Ruiz got a MOTM performance in the first game and was Spain's best player throughout the tournament. Vini hasn't been good for Brazil, mainly because they are so bad even his presence can't get them out of mediocrity. Kun Aguero made a brilliant point regarding Vini and Brazil.

Here we go downplaying internation tournment after your players flop in it. I can only imagine if one of the two won their tournment your tone would be much different. 6th best player? He won the player of the tournment ffs.

Put Spain against RM (we'll let them have the RM players too) and see how much we put past them and Spain was the best team Euro could offer. Do you really think international tournaments are comparable to club football Laughing

No if those two won theirs I wouldn't really care given I support RM but if Vini managed to get that Sunday level team a trophy he Brazil should have a road named after him. As for Jude he nearly got them the Euro yet he still gets disrespected.

Who said that? Rodri got suspended in the first half of the season missed 4 games City drew and lost 3 in a row lol if anything it was the opposite. He literally went 74 games unbeaten starting for City the only 2 defeats they suffered in those games were PK shootouts against Aresnal and Madrid. It's literally the opposite, he's been there most important player.
Their forum was filled with players saying he was done similar to KDB until a late resurgence. Oh yeah the win record which had its goal posts widened to make it more impressive, forgot about that Laughing Wonder where the supposed best player in the world hid when it was time to shoot a penalty against us Laughing wasn't City the team that won no games against the top 3 or something conceding like a million goals.

Those didn't do it only, we forgetting Lunin, Rudiger, Velerede, Rodrygo, but of course will exclude there names to make the other two look better. You said yourself you have 4-5 players better than Rodri, but now its only those 2 smashing.
Rudiger was excellent in his position absolutely and so was Valverde. Lunin was clutch in the last 16 and QF. They should also be in the top 10 of the balon d'or. But somehow Lunin hasn't even been included in the top 5 goalies of 23/24. You get the bias against our players now don't you. I don't think we'll ever see a clutch season like Jude had for a long time. You could say that 70% of his goals were winners or broke the deadlock in cagey games. Rodri could only dream of achieving something similar.

Remember when Casemiro had a tecord of never losing a CL (we are not even talking game here but the whole freaking tournament) where was his balon dor Laughing

Bellingham legit was garbage against City, Bayern and Dortmund. I love how Haaland got stick for not performing in the SF and final, but Bellingham is BdO contender all of a sudden.
Rodri couldn't even get past the quarters. Rodri wasn't good against us in the first leg either but nobody cares about that because it doesnt fit their narrative that we were lucky to go through and we ceded possession in the second leg allowing Rodri to pass the ball 220 times without troubling us.

Again to me Rodri was the best player. I feel he would've won it if Ballon D'or occured today, but I forgot this goes till Jan, so probably more favourable for Vini/Bellingham if they perform.

I respect your opinion. No player who has talked about the best player this season has ever mentioned Rodri. It's always been between Vini and Jude. After the Euro the media is driving Rodri campaign. The voting will be in October I believe.

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:34 pm

Pedram wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:in the recent past it felt like us Barca fans vs the world...

Perhaps you are too young but everyone here vividly remembers how the entire journalistic world of football were collectively sucking off Barca during Messi years.

I said recent past u dumb fuck, not Messi era.. lol

-25% insulting other users
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:25 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Pedram wrote:

I said recent past u dumb fuck, not Messi era.. lol

us Barca fans in recent past is a grand total of TWO, you and Mysyats!

After all the trolling you two constantly put out, it’s a little deserving IMO.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:23 pm

Barca against the world... Laughing

HOW lol
Arquitecto
Arquitecto