AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11

3 posters

Go down

AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11 Empty AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:00 pm

There was a thread earlier about Kroos and his legend status, but I couldn’t find it. In that thread there was a debate about Kroos, Modric, Xabi Alonso and were they stood among legends.

Well this selection put only Modric in all time best 11. It was Redondo as the deep back!

I agree completely with this selection.

CRonaldo. De Stéfano. Gento.

Zidane. Redondo. Modric

Roberto Carlos. Hierro. Ramos. Chendo

Casillas

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11 Empty Re: AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:38 pm

Ya, wonder what kind of "AI" and what parameters were used to define and choose. As you mentioned in the other thread,

"there is no correct list. Bottom line there are so many outstanding players that have performed exceptionally well it is a personal selection plus it also depends on how long you have been following the team."

I will edit my own selection of my "best" and most balanced Madrid squad composed of my favorite Madrid players since I've been watching.

Courtois
Carvajal Rudiger Ramos Coentrao
Valverde Modric
Di Maria Bellingham Vinicius
Benzema

Would be tactically flexible and technically, physically, and personality/mentality wise well rounded imo. Ronaldo is not one of my favorite players and would destabilize the balance and diverse tactical options of the team. Alonso and Kroos lacking mobility, would rely on Modric to be sufficient to perform the midfield control and perform as a single pivot if needed.

As for the squad you put, I do always wonder if we can actually put greats like Di Stefano and Gento considering that despite being gods of the club, the sport they played was very different from the present, don't know if they could actually warrant being there over a modern counterpart, like Benzema. Depends on the parameters of comparison.  

Kinda like Margaret Court being uttered in the same breath as Serena Williams or Rod Laver compared to Djokovic, doesn't sound comparable and if you force the comparison it doesn't come off as flattering for the past greats, if compared using current standards.

This is of course all fantasy.

Why would Chendo be at RB?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11 Empty Re: AI selects Real Madrid all time best 11

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:35 am

As you said, each to their own!

de Stéfano and Gento having won 6 consecutive European cups more than qualifies them for this and certainly has not been done by any of the modern players you are suggesting. And Chendo was a RB, lol
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:18 pm

If we argue that past greats wouldn't stand up to modern standards, we also have to factor in the other factors that make modern standards what they are - the scientific approach to diet, rest, and training, together with the differences in balls and boots.

Turning it around, would modern players be able to deliver in the same way that past greats did in the absence of what has allowed them to flourish now? And what is to suggest that players like Di Stefano wouldn't be better if they had the same amenities?

Essentially, you can only really compare them based on how they delivered/performed at the time they did using what was available to them.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down