halamadrid2
Firenze
Vibe
31 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

La Liga 2023/24 - Page 28 Empty Re: La Liga 2023/24

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:03 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Geez, only now I realize the extend of it cos I missed a lot of that second half... Real were toying with us n could have scored a few more... no wonder Xavi apologised... but inevitable if Real managed to force Araujo off...

Araujo has been alot more agressive in previous Clasicos. Just looked so passive yesterday, maybe because Vini wasn't taking on players as much this game instead being smarter and passing when he knew he'd be double teamed and probably dispossessed. Araujo is crazy good on 1v1s but when it comes to anticipating little give and goes you see his deficiencies. He should probably go back to playing CB as Barca lose alot in attack when he joins in on attacks. In the second half he stopped going up too as he knew we'd exploit that space behind him.

I like a good banter but Araujo is WC and this loss is on the coach and how he set Barca up with a suicide high line. Reminded me of Klopp doing the same mistake after getting beat for the umpteenth time.

If you want to play a high line it's very important to have a keeper who runs off his line and isn't glued to the goalline. Pena did the wrong thing when he stayed back instead running forward to try and clear the ball. His starting position was low so he probably wouldn't have gotten there before Vini but that's something you have to do when your teams backline is near the halfway line.

As for us, Valverde shows yet again what an unsung hero he is. Last season Dani got run ragged by Barca, this time (although Dani himself is in the form of his life) Valverde was there covering for his every run forward, helping to double team attackers and breaking the lines with his runs. He has got a different role now with Bellingham here but this role probably suits him better

I am still not convinced by this attack against PTB teams. They did alright against Atleti nothing major. Vini was also the protagonist against them but it was difficult without a targetman. Joselu did really well when he came on that game. I still think we need a real CF and not wingers turned CFs. It might work against naive teams but will struggle when it's time to make shit happen against the likes of Alaves and co who are happy sitting back and getting their draws.

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:39 am

Good post from u Hala for once, should be like this more often n not so biased Very Happy But yea agree with everything. Araujo has become WC n far our best defender, but this constant makeshift RB isnt it so I hope Xavi stops doing it so much, n hes not perfect of cos, his passing can be better is just one issue n he can do all this when hes young but as u age u need to develop ur game better to cope with the physical decline. I mean why sign Kounde who everybody rated as like the best RB then so funny, n then find him to be too slow n always swap him to CB whenever we face fast wingers? Its a big joke... Its amazing we still havent solved our RB issue after all these yrs... I dread at the thought of the same thing happening with replacing Alba Sad

Ur right Valverde is doing better in the current role than the previous make shift RW. Hes still crap on the ball though so thats a relieve but great all round. The likes of old Carvarjal, Kross, Modric, etc. still being so good is frustrating as a rival Sad

Hope u dont sign a top no.9 Razz Would just make it even more uneven for the yrs to come LOL
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:17 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Good post from u Hala for once, should be like this more often n not so biased Very Happy But yea agree with everything. Araujo has become WC n far our best defender, but this constant makeshift RB isnt it so I hope Xavi stops doing it so much, n hes not perfect of cos, his passing can be better is just one issue n he can do all this when hes young but as u age u need to develop ur game better to cope with the physical decline. I mean why sign Kounde who everybody rated as like the best RB then so funny, n then find him to be too slow n always swap him to CB whenever we face fast wingers? Its a big joke... Its amazing we still havent solved our RB issue after all these yrs... I dread at the thought of the same thing happening with replacing Alba Sad

Ur right Valverde is doing better in the current role than the previous make shift RW. Hes still crap on the ball though so thats a relieve but great all round. The likes of old Carvarjal, Kross, Modric, etc. still being so good is frustrating as a rival Sad

Hope u dont sign a top no.9 Razz Would just make it even more uneven for the yrs to come LOL
I dont even know what the plan was with Kounde, Christensen and Inigo. Kounde is not a RB and will probably been turned inside out there anyways just like a FB will be found lacking at CB during crosses.

I thought Cancelo was Barça's new RB. That could work if Xavi can teach Gavi to cover for him instead of running round kicking everyone.

Araujo-Kounde could probably turn into a good CB partnership but this constant chopping and changing does noone any favours. I remember a few seasons ago under ZZ when our senior players asked him to choose a set of players and stick with them and they'd reward him. They gave him a CL at the end of that season. Consistency is key to success.

Valverde is great on the ball, or do you mean he doesn't create enough? If that's the case then that's correct, but i wouldn't want him to be that guy because it'll make him look silly he just doesn't have that in his repertoire. That's why we have Camavinga and Bellingham. Hopefully they'll compliment eachother like KCM did.

One player I'd be dissapointed with if I were a Barca fan is Pedri. He just looks so slow, exhausted and making simple passes. You want your "generational talent" to pull the strings but Pedri was so bad yesterday despite having alot of the ball. Just a bunch of turning left and right and passing back. We have a player who also does that (Ceballos) and it can be very frustrating.

Nonetheless we lost this game last season but then won the Copa so all hope is not lost. Barca will still be very competitive in the league and Cup.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:49 am

Hala wrote:One player I'd be dissapointed with if I were a Barca fan is Pedri. He just looks so slow, exhausted and making simple passes. You want your "generational talent" to pull the strings but Pedri was so bad yesterday despite having alot of the ball. Just a bunch of turning left and right and passing back. We have a player who also does that (Ceballos) and it can be very frustrating.

So basically every midfielder from the Barça cantera you mean...

Oh.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:36 am

Nah, I think as long as Real are focused n continuing this mature attitude, they are good n far ahead of us, n its inevitable ever since losing Messi etc. Last season was a fluke among other things. Ive long lowered expectations, we got no chance for the league or CL, maybe just a cup run. Should just focus on top 4 n focus on the rebuild I keep saying Razz But the club n Xavi n fans still seem to ambitious n aim to actually win things, its just not realistic lol...

I think fans in general n prolly cules tend to get overexcited with our kids so Pedri naturally was put with huge expectations, but most saw his weaknesses long ago. Its prolly the case with the whole La Masia n its been mentioned for yrs, n may take time to produce players that are physically up to it too vs the elites in todays game n not just good on the ball etc. If not we need to sign players to compensate n balance our team in that regard. Too many aging players n flops, its just a work in progress, so I say again Xavi should be given time Razz But he needs to eliminate his mistakes in player choices. The other thing is we simply dont have options up front to play to. I remember a passage of play where Ferran is completely free on the right, finally gets the ball, n proceeds to lose it, hence next time Pedri doesnt wanna pass to him n does the spinning around n loses it himself XD Its just bad influence when u have a blackhole such as fking Ferran playing, n hes been playing for like 1.5 years for us now XD

Valverde has improved a lot on the ball I think, but maybe Im expecting too much n the comparisons with Modric Kroos Casemiro is unfair Razz Its just not his style to run a game or when up against pressure n tight spaces be able to keep it together n flow of Real. Even this game u can see moment where he has the ball, got time, n cant make a simple pass to Carvarjal n it went out Very Happy Hes just not that kind of player. Cama is a bit of a weird player too, can do amazing things, but similarly cant be controlled enough to run things. Whether Real finds someone who will be, or they will develop their game that doesnt need one.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:39 pm

Vibe wrote:Lewandowski seems like he can still be a somewhat great striker, but on a different team. I don't see him working like this.

I dont think so, he seems finished af. He misses so many chances and his touch is heavy as ever. Dont think he can be revitalized, his last season was his last great one imo

Also his wife is probably cheating on him which is partly why he's out of form :coffee:

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:03 pm

And we go behind to this 3rd tier team... when havent been able to create anything as usual, but lazy in defending this match, w00t~
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:11 pm

What kind of camera angle is this
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:16 pm

Lol they got too excited n forgot to defend going for a second... leaving just the GK to defend, thx, phew...

Still, Lewand n Gundogan needs to come on, Guiu n Romeu has been awful in particular...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:57 pm

Awful for Felix... subbed off. Think he really needs to change his way, too limited overall n pretty lazy type... cant just rely on his talents in this age, so either he changes n he will stay like this his career I think... will still his moments buy largely a flop...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:04 pm

3-1 The difference showing now... goes to show how bad Real were in them yrs constantly getting knocked out of the Copa by these types of teams Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:13 pm

One of these lucky goals by Atletico Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:15 pm

1 down right before the break Neutral
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:51 pm

LOL another lucky goal...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:06 pm

Simone is despicable... actually encouraging these of things n firing up the crowd to follow Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:06 pm

JHahaAhahaah @ Nacho
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:10 pm

Hit the post already... can Atletico hold on vs Real which they never can? Very Happy 15mins...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:29 pm

N there it is already Very Happy What a miss on the other end too just b4...

Think this is 2 legged though? Razz So actually one legged ET n pens... keep forgetting cos I think the semis r 2 legged or something...

Real usually are stronger as Atletico tire... another gg between the two though...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:08 pm

Finally Atletico beats Real for once.... again in a non important game though.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Always amazed at Atletico's ability to turn to absolutely shit against Barca and become world-beaters against us.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:43 pm

One of those cursed matches this one.

Bellingham is bloody brilliant.

Vinicius needs to speak to a therapist, or Carlo and the club need to sit this guy down and set him straight. Has the club tried no intervention? Motherfcker is way too volatile and the vibe he brings on the pitch is often that of a nervous breakdown. His temperament and his on pitch choices. How hard can it be for him to find some serenity? Wtf?

Tchouameni has me worried.

As a sort of concept, it's sexy to think of having Bellingham, Valverde, Camavinga, and Tchouameni as midfield options but that's assuming Tchouameni is actually worth the hype.

Ever since we bought him I doubted and rued his acquisition, guy is very limited if you think about it. It feels like he needs too many things going right for him to come somewhat good, and his contributions seem to be too narrow in scope.

Also question what technical or tactical work has been done with Camavinga and Valverde if asked to play as the double pivots, I didn't see them moving or having a disposition to play make from the back during the first half. Carlo basically shooting himself in the foot if he puts them both there without instructing or developing their ability to organize play. That double pivot looked shutdown to me. We can't rely on Kroos forever to be the only competent CM with that kind of responsibility.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:26 am

Myesyats wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Myesyats wrote:That penalty was fraudulent
your team is fraudulent

Lol last year we thumped you in the same final, you're better but not by much and City showed you your place

:coffee:

y'all were ruffling your feathers so much after beating a pathetically mediocre Barca Laughing

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:10 am

As Madrid One n I also said b4, it is very strange that still the new midfielders dont seem to be able to replace Modric/Kroos yet, ability wise there r no doubt, but they just dont seem to be mature n controlled enough to be able to give Real that same kind of thing them two gives... glad cos at least Real has some weaknesses Very Happy This physicality vs technicality is also on going n interesting, n love to see it during classicos especially.

Atletico were lucky with some of the goals, but still, Real has no excuses to lose vs them... Real are much better, lol... same old though, they dont focus much on the league like alone the Copa, n put their all into the CL Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:22 am

The Madrid One wrote:Vinicius needs to speak to a therapist, or Carlo and the club need to sit this guy down and set him straight. Has the club tried no intervention? Motherfcker is way too volatile and the vibe he brings on the pitch is often that of a nervous breakdown. His temperament and his on pitch choices. How hard can it be for him to find some serenity? Wtf?
Saka on the other hand just oozes serenity and starboy energy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:01 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Clutch wrote: your team is fraudulent

Lol last year we thumped you in the same final, you're better but not by much and City showed you your place

:coffee:

y'all were ruffling your feathers so much after beating a pathetically mediocre Barca Laughing

I just stated a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:33 pm

well the issue is that Camaving plays LB and CM, Tchouamine CB and CM and Valverde RW and CM.  They also very rarely get a run together as CMs.  Carlo needs to stick them to a position AND THEN let them mesh together as a group by just letting them play together for a while.

Modric struggled hugely when he joined Madrid FYI.  Why? Madrid played a 4231 under Mou and he neither plays well in the double pivot nor as a 10.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next