Glory
Firenze
Nivash
El Gunner
Cruijf
Adit
14 posters

Go down

Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years Empty Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years

Post by Adit Thu 27 Jul - 2:26:48

Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years F1924z10
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years Empty Re: Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years

Post by Cruijf Thu 27 Jul - 6:45:44

So many points here that are absolutely hilarious:

1) City gets so much hate for supposedly buying their way to titles and yet United spent more than them and performed far worse
2) PSG is not even in top 3 despite having a similar reputation to City as super spenders far beyond the rest of Europe
3) Newcastle is 7th despite only just being bought by Saudi
4) The rest of Europe should be embarrassed that Real has dominated the CL so completely while spending so little. Incredibly well managed club
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years Empty Re: Arsenal, Manu and city all spent 1 billion + in last 10 years

Post by El Gunner Thu 27 Jul - 8:35:55

tbf our total expenditure has really boosted in the last few years, and you can actually see that in our uptick of performances and league position last season.

this is net spend, we are horrendous at selling our players... if you take a closer look we still do not have the spending power/might of Man City, PSG or Real Madrid because they can actually sell their players for great fees.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu 27 Jul - 10:47:14

Madrid selling players for great fees is relatively new/an exception. We typically let players go for a reasonable, but often low, fee to facilitate the transaction where the player wants to leave

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 27 Jul - 12:30:39

1) City gets so much hate for supposedly buying their way to titles and yet United spent more than them and performed far worse

city cooked their books, probably spent triple that

it's why they're gonna get relegated and stripped
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu 27 Jul - 15:11:12

City is selling their U21 players for 20 mil where as Chelsea just made 250 mil from player sales after their worst ever season. I dont know what kind of genjutsu they use, but the bottom line is that they are pretty good in doing their job. So you are comparing that kind of cutthroat efficiency with United who have been one of the worst run clubs in the last 10 or so years. Its not even a level playing field. I mean you got to have good qualified people at the right positions for it to be that. Instead we had Woodward and his lackeys.
Imagine signing Sancho in a champions league year and giving him 350k salary like its nothing. Or giving Dean Henderson 120k after a handful of good loans or Martial 250k. We will always end up looking disgustingly bad in net spend charts because we simply find it impossible to shift our players.
Anyway I think since that clown Woodward is gone it seems there have been positive changes. Lets see what translates in the next 5 years or so.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu 27 Jul - 17:36:30

That table demonstrates the reality of today’s soccer.

1. There are only a handful of clubs that can compete for top players. It’s the oil state clubs, plus a few more in EPL with their long standing top club status and their TV contract and then Bayern and Real Madrid, long confirmed top club status.

2. Then there are Barcelona, Milan and a couple other Italian clubs that once were competitive, but are in deep financial dodo. Perhaps at some future date, they may return.

3. It also demonstrates well run clubs i. e. real Madrid and Bayer.

4. Also clear is poorly run clubs i. e. Barcelona, ManU, milan.

5. I wouldn’t say the oil state clubs have cooked their books, but definitely they have found ways around FFP, thus making a mockery of the weak rules. Only City has had any success with their influx of Capital.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Thu 27 Jul - 22:24:35; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 27 Jul - 19:54:14

Meaningful player recruitment, pulling power and ability to re-gain some of the money spent through player sales is a big factor in all of this, and Man United have been failing on all accounts for a really long time now. If you include player sales, they'd look much worse in all of this.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat 29 Jul - 18:06:25

Spain is so finished

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 29 Jul - 18:43:49

This is an amazing chart. United spending 30% more than City. Arsenal spending the same. Lots of narratives falling apart.

I wonder what a wage bill chart would look like. I think a little less surprising
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat 29 Jul - 19:38:56

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This is an amazing chart. United spending 30% more than City. Arsenal spending the same. Lots of narratives falling apart.

I wonder what a wage bill chart would look like. I think a little less surprising
Do you really believe City's numbers? I don't
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 29 Jul - 23:41:49

BarrileteCosmico wrote:This is an amazing chart. United spending 30% more than City. Arsenal spending the same. Lots of narratives falling apart.

dude this is net spend pls
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 30 Jul - 22:41:48

halamadrid2 wrote:

Do you really believe City's numbers? I don't
I mean, transfers are public knowledge, right? Both clubs have to come out and say how much they spent. I don't see how they can cook this.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun 30 Jul - 23:06:23

They haven't though. City dwarfs them in terms of transfer expenditure. Unlike Arsenal in particular, City can always count on offloading some of the expensive toys they acquired in previous windows to lower their overall balance.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 31 Jul - 0:05:45

Sure, but I feel like net transfers is a better measure of how much money the owners are really putting into the clubs than total. And of how well the club is run.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon 31 Jul - 0:34:50

Pre Boehly, we would have probably fallen out of that top 10.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon 31 Jul - 18:29:06

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sure, but I feel like net transfers is a better measure of how much money the owners are really putting into the clubs than total. And of how well the club is run.

It's not that hard to figure out which team received the largest capital injection from its owners...it's the team that amassed over 100 financial infractions and is potentially facing relegation as a consequence Laughing

Incompetent outliers like Manchester United aside, net spending is more of an indicator of where the teams are in their investment cycle. Teams like Arsenal, Ac Milan, and Inter Milan are high on these lists because they've only started investing in their squads in recent years and during a highly inflated market to boot.They don't have the benefit of financing these investments with the sales of assets they've acquired in previous windows.

Most teams that spend big for several seasons have a high chance of becoming self-sustainable at some point. The fact that PSG can finance the purchase of two new superstars with the potential sales of Neymar and/or Mbappé and still have a positive transfer balance doesn't mean they're not one of the biggest spending teams in the history of the sport.

The way City and PSG fans misinterpret net spend data reminds me of what Chelsea fans were doing in the mid 2010s. According to them, the label of petrodollar-financed team no longer applied to them the moment they started making a profit on player sales and abiding by the newly established FFP rules. They somehow forgot that it only took them a decade of record yearly losses and the highest expenditure to revenue in the history of the sport to reach that status Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon 31 Jul - 22:13:33

Interesting statstics in the op post. Thanks for sharing! Smile

Here are my thoughts of the football money spending situation:

The amount of money that's being thrown around by big clubs is utterly ridiculous. It's a shame so much of club success is decided by big amounts of money nowadays. I know football has always been about money, but it's crazy how teams can spend over 200 million a season and still not win a trophy.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down