UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki

+3
halamadrid2
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
7 posters

Go down

UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki Empty UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:01 pm

Eintracht lost 1-6 to Bayern last weekend so..

@Art Morte @Harmonica are you there?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki Empty Re: UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:39 pm

Courtois is so annoying

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki Empty Re: UEFA Super Cup 2022 - Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt - Olympic Stadium Helsinki

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:59 pm

Decent half but it shows that the teams are coming off preseason recently eventhough Frankfurt have played a competitive game already.

Can't fault their defending but Carlo's ingame management has been excellent. He's tucked Valverde in and had Alaba as a midfielder meaning Frankfurt can't outnumber us in there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:32 pm

Anybody knows why does Carlo keep on playing Alaba at CB even though he has Rudiger now?

It seems to me a back four of Carvajal-Militao-Rudiger-Alaba is a lot more solid and balanaced than Carvajal-Militao-Alaba-Mendy.

I hope this is just temporary.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:54 pm

I believe he is playing last year’s starters as they earned the right for this cup. He’s also making the new guys earn their way. Nothing wrong with this approach as long as he rotates!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:55 pm

That’s the first cup! 5 more to go!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:05 pm

Solid win and another beautiful trophy to add to Madrid's glorious cabinet Proud
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:21 pm

Nice comfortable win. I'll be livid if Carlo continues playing Alaba as a CB and not as a LB
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:22 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Anybody knows why does Carlo keep on playing Alaba at CB even though he has Rudiger now?

It seems to me a back four of Carvajal-Militao-Rudiger-Alaba is a lot more solid and balanaced than Carvajal-Militao-Alaba-Mendy.

Why would Rudiger come in and instantly be a starter in a CL winning team?

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Anybody knows why does Carlo keep on playing Alaba at CB even though he has Rudiger now?

Why would Rudiger come in and instantly be a starter in a CL winning team?
Because we have an average LB that is quite easily replaceable. We could have a scary left wing by pairing Vini with a real LB, instead we have this loaf  who shits himself in possession. But who am I kidding. We've become too nice, if Varane hadn't done us a favour by asking to leave we would've been stuck with him too having diarrhoea whenever he faces an attacker. I expect Mendy to be a starter while Rudiger plays everywhere else imaginable
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:59 pm

That's what I'm afraid of actually; Carlo sticking with Alaba at CB and playing Rudiger out of position. Or worse, keep Rudiger on the bench and sticking to playing Alaba out of position and Mendy at LB.

Like I said, I hope this is just temporary.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:20 pm

Mendy is the undisputed starter. Rudiger was added for depth
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:23 pm

Rudiger is the better addition though versus keeping mendy. Mendy is very limited offensively and does not allow us to play the football we should be playing. He can dribble but that’s about it. Alaba at left back is a completely different level to mendy at left back. The contrast in dynamism and technique is clear.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:30 pm

I personally believe that Mendy is limited by design rather it being his own shortcomings.

He was very offensive under Zidane. But having to cover the left for an unathletic Kroos and Vini who is hot/cold in his defensive contributions means Mendy needs to stay back.

Also, Alaba has reportedly and I believe this to be true, that he does not want to play LB. I mean we rarely seen him play LB last season even when Mendy was out. Nacho was the one playing there. And now in preseason Rudiger came in at LB rather than Alaba. This can't be a coincidence

If Rudiger is going to replace anyone it's Militao. But he just played a heck of a game today. Healthy competition all around
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down