Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ?

+24
Abramovich
7amood11
guest7
del_boy
Art Morte
:{Mr.Mustachio!
Lord Spencer
droit_au_but
maverick
theaguia
Adit
BeautifulGame
Interista809
zizzle
Backspacer
Luca
xabi
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
The Madrid One
Ali
Khaled
Toffer Harley
Mr Nick09
JuvenelCuore
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Was Vidal's €12M fee inflated/overpaid ?

Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Vote_lcap17%Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]
Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Vote_lcap83%Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 29 ]

Total Votes : 35

Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Empty Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Arturo Vidal completes his move to Juventus for a fee of €12M. I, unlike the Juventus section posters bar a few believe his price was overpaid.

Now, I want to make something crystal clear. This thread is not to debate Vidal's skill, because I have never said he was not talented ... just not needed because I do not see him as a destroyer-type like Melo, and with Marchisio, there is pretty much 0% chance that a 4-2-4 formation will see Vidal start ahead of Marchisio.

Anyways, why do I justify this bold statement ?

Two names. Mesut Özil and Nuri Şahin. Both went to Real Madrid, but either way, let us take a look at them.

Mesut Özil: 16 assists in his last season in Germany, and hugely wanted after the World Cup. Hugely famous after that and his price tag was a mere €15M. Peanuts then and a steal by his performance nowadays. He was just 21, and he is world-class, if not then he nearly is. He is 22 today.

Nuri Şahin: 7 goals and 8 assists in 2010/2011, he was made hugely popular by the fact that he was named Bundesliga's best player of 2010/2011. He too is young, at just 22 years of age, and he went for €10M. He too is nearly world-class, and I reckon after a year at Real Madrid he will be. I know that Vidal was amongst the top three for the best player of the year with only 7.4 per cent whereas Şahin amassed 46.1 per cent of the votes.

Yes, I am aware of the positions of the players. Vidal is a defensive-midfielder, while Özil is an attacking-midfielder, and Nuri Şahin is a midfielder.

Also, let us not forget that Özil was like Vidal in the sense that his contract was expiring in a year, but Şahin was signed until 2013, so I cannot wrap my head around justifying Vidal's pricetag when Madrid were able to sign a better player statistically who had a longer contract. I cannot.

Is he overpriced ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Empty Re: Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ?

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 pm

12M is nothing in today's football.

but don't count on my opinion, since I base everything on Premierleague which is of course the most expensive market in the world.

Back to top Go down

Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Empty Re: Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 pm

one year left on his contract, player wanted to move, normal price
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:53 pm

no he wasn't overpriced. juventus got a very good player for 12 million.

however, i don't think he is quite the player many portray him to be. he played a great season but i don't think he's the kind of guy u wanna have in your team if u really wanna challenge europe's best. but juventus still has a bit of a way to go until they can declare that their main-goal.

i could be wrong though and maybe he gets even better, but i think he's at his limit.
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Sepi wrote:12M is nothing in today's football.

but don't count on my opinion, since I base everything on Premierleague which is of course the most expensive market in the world.

Sepi, did you read my post bro ? Two class players went for less and slightly more, and Özil was hyped due to the World Cup and Şahin won the best player award and had a longer contract.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:54 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:one year left on his contract, player wanted to move, normal price

Özil ? A bit more expensive but better.

Nick, I am praising RM here ... take the compliment. Razz
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

very gd deal imo!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 pm

it has to be said that sahin and oezil were steals. quite un-real'ish...
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:59 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Sepi wrote:12M is nothing in today's football.

Sepi, did you read my post bro ? Two class players went for less and slightly more, and Özil was hyped due to the World Cup and Şahin won the best player award and had a longer contract.

That's because they only wanted to play for Madrid and Mou. They put their clubs in a difficult position, that they'd only leave to Real Madrid, or they'll leave on a free next year.

I guarantee you, if there was a free market and options for those 2, both would have gone for 20M+

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 pm

Jordan Henderson = 20 million
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 pm

dont worry juvenelcuore Very Happy everyone goes out there and buys a player they seem nesecary to buy, now you have a good player in your pockets.

no offense but ive been noticing that many of the juve fans nit pick alot about transfer from the past present and future.

that is why a big majority of the threads in your forums are about transfers, either talking about how you guys cant really make as great buys like when you bought zidane, trezeguet, etc, and now comparing our ozil and sahin bargains ...( yesh yesh) Cool to see if 12 was tyoo much for vidal...

just chill brothas, buy what you need, play how you want, and wish for the best. 🎅
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:01 pm

ali8775 wrote:Jordan Henderson = 20 million

@Sepi: Şahin was signed until 2013.

@Ali: British talent is not really a good scope of pricing ... they tend to go for a lot more because they are in-demand and required for the football teams in England now.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:04 pm

The Madrid One wrote:dont worry juvenelcuore Very Happy everyone goes out there and buys a player they seem nesecary to buy, now you have a good player in your pockets.

no offense but ive been noticing that many of the juve fans nit pick alot about transfer from the past present and future.

that is why a big majority of the threads in your forums are about transfers, either talking about how you guys cant really make as great buys like when you bought zidane, trezeguet, etc, and now comparing our ozil and sahin bargains ...( yesh yesh) Cool to see if 12 was tyoo much for vidal...

just chill brothas, buy what you need, play how you want, and wish for the best. 🎅

Yeah but I am pissed about transfers because Marotta's brain thinks like this.

"Aquilani ? No no. €16M is way too much. Instead, I will buy Martinez for €12M."

"Danilo will cost €20M; I cannot afford him. I will buy Lichtsteiner for €10M (Lichtsteiner paid €2M out of his pocket)."

Headlines a week later: PORTO BUY SANTOS DEFENDER DANILO FOR €13M.

"Rossi ? Juventus only have €25M to spend." Juventus offered €35M for Aguero ...

And Juventus do not need Vidal because they have Marchisio.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Nick, you've got to realise that we don't have the pulling power of Real Madrid. Players like Sahin have their heart set on Real Madrid and they put their clubs in an uncompromising position in which they are forced to sell the player, even if it's at a low price.
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 pm

ali8775 wrote:Jordan Henderson = 20 million

13M + 3M add ons (if we win the league within the next 3 years) = 20M ??

I worry whether you'll pass grade 11 math Ali Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 pm

oh well then, now i have a problem with marotta as well..

i am dwight, and that other thing is marotta..

Was Vidal's €12M price tag overpriced and overpaid ? Big%20dwight

rossi would indeed do you well though wouldnt he?
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:10 pm

@TMO: if only the other posters thought the way you did. Rolling Eyes

I would be a much more liked man.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:14 pm

never seen vidal play before. But if hes as good as juventus fans makes him up to be Im sure he is worth it. atleast in todays market
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 pm

xabi wrote:never seen vidal play before. But if hes as good as juventus fans makes him up to be Im sure he is worth it. atleast in todays market

These "fans" on this forum are not what I really would call "fans."

But that is neither here nor there.

I feel it was overpaid, and that is the general consensus amongst posters on Vecchiasignora.com.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:18 pm

For the..., I've lost count'th time, Marchisio was not ever used as a partner to Pirlo. He has been used as a left wing. Vidal is brought in to partner Pirlo. Marchisio is threatened by a left wing arrival.

Stop mentioning Marchsio vs. Vidal- it is a scenario that you're creating, it doesn't exist.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Luca wrote:For the..., I've lost count'th time, Marchisio was not ever used as a partner to Pirlo. He has been used as a left wing. Vidal is brought in to partner Pirlo. Marchisio is threatened by a left wing arrival.

Stop mentioning Marchsio vs. Vidal- it is a scenario that you're creating, it doesn't exist.

A left-winger will arrive. Then you will see the problem. Marchisio is not a good left-winger, because he is great at what he is naturally born to do.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:24 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Luca wrote:For the..., I've lost count'th time, Marchisio was not ever used as a partner to Pirlo. He has been used as a left wing. Vidal is brought in to partner Pirlo. Marchisio is threatened by a left wing arrival.

A left-winger will arrive. Then you will see the problem. Marchisio is not a good left-winger, because he is great at what he is naturally born to do.

Agreed he belongs in a 3 man midfield with Pirlo and Vidal.
The thing I am getting at is Vidal's arrival does not threaten Marchisio.

As for the Vidal isn't a destroyer part, here is an interesting statistic via goal.com article (I know right?)

At any depth or breadth of the pitch, he chases the ball like a terrier: over the course of a game, it is not uncommon for him to approach 150 touches of the ball, and engage in 30 challenges. For perspective, this means ball contact on average every 36 seconds, and a tackle every three minutes.

Sounds perfect for Conte's plan if you ask me.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Backspacer Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Juve fans are trying to find anything and everything wrong with this transfer.

Enjoy the fact that you have a great player coming to Turin.
Backspacer
Backspacer
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Backspacer wrote:Juve fans are trying to find anything and everything wrong with this transfer.

Enjoy the fact that you have a great player coming to Turin.

It is actually a really small group who aren't for this transfer and it is mainly for these reasons:
1. Melo leaving
2. They think (this is incorrect) that it pushes Marchisio out of the line up

And now, the price which is even a smaller group

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:26 pm

@Luca: Melo is more suited.

@Backspacer: where is Turin ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next