S
VivaStPauli
RealGunner
Myesyats
Robespierre
37 posters

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

Which teams will go through ? ( Choose 2, please)

EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_lcap0%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_lcap30%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_lcap40%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_lcap30%EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 10

EURO 2020 - Group F - Page 15 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - Group F

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:46 am

How dare you bring a measured approach to my angry rant?
I was enjoying all that  rage!

On a more serious note, Sané was so obviously bad though he should've been off. Could've let Gnabry play through, he didn't seem exhausted, just had an unlucky night.

More to the point: Hungary adjusted well to the German wing-backs and marked Kimmich and Gosens throughout - this resulted in LOADS of space down the middle, which Sané was just incapable of utilizing because... Honestly I don't know why. If Löw had brought any change to actually punish Hungary for giving up the middle of the pitch, it would've been a very different game, and I cannot fathom how inept of a manager you have to be to not see that.

Edit: I know he at least tried in the end with switching Sané to the wing, but that was way too late, he should've done it at the half-time whistle at the latest.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:20 pm

First thing first, what an exciting last matchday! :bow:
Respekt to Hungarian players, they played their souls out!
Our team performed quite well given the shitty formation and nonperformers in the side. Sane and Ginter have to be taken out of the team. They suck. Sane didn't contribute anything, he didn't do his job well, Ginter was at fault for almost every counter goal we conceded. He is just too slow, bad combo with Hummels. As soon as Löw reverted to 4-3-3, Hungarian marking didn't work anymore. Gosens and Kimmich found more space in the wide areas. He should stick with that, no more stupid clusterf*** a la 3-4-1-2 with barely any width vs park the bus formations. We don't have a proper N9, 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 is the best we can do with our players.
Overall I'm happy we went on and even more happy England is next Very Happy
P.S.: Jamal is the man, he has to be brought on regularly.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:44 pm

Babun wrote:First thing first, what an exciting last matchday! :bow:
Our team performed quite well given the shitty formation and nonperformers in the side. Sane and Ginter have to be taken out of the team. They suck. Sane didn't contribute anything, he didn't do his job well, Ginter was at fault for almost every counter goal we conceded. He is just too slow, bad combo with Hummels. As soon as Löw reverted to 4-3-3, Hungarian marking didn't work anymore. Gosens and Kimmich found more space in the wide areas. He should stick with that, no more stupid clusterf*** a la 3-4-1-2 with barely any width vs park the bus formations. We don't have a proper N9, 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 is the best we can do with our players.

i feel like  yea the whole 3 man defense with wide players while players like gosens and kimmich can take advantage of , few others are finding it hard to fit into.

also if any wide players get caught out, then the back 3 of hummels ginter and rudiger has often get caught out badly too. this needs to be resolved if Germany has any chance to stop England because Sterling, Saka, they are mighty fast on the flanks.
either that or knowing they are bit suspect at the back but can full take advantage of numerical advantage on midfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:18 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:How dare you bring a measured approach to my angry rant?
I was enjoying all that  rage!

On a more serious note, Sané was so obviously bad though he should've been off. Could've let Gnabry play through, he didn't seem exhausted, just had an unlucky night.

More to the point: Hungary adjusted well to the German wing-backs and marked Kimmich and Gosens throughout - this resulted in LOADS of space down the middle, which Sané was just incapable of utilizing because... Honestly I don't know why. If Löw had brought any change to actually punish Hungary for giving up the middle of the pitch, it would've been a very different game, and I cannot fathom how inept of a manager you have to be to not see that.

Edit: I know he at least tried in the end with switching Sané to the wing, but that was way too late, he should've done it at the half-time whistle at the latest.

rofl
Sorry my man Razz Yes Sané was poor, but he wanted to give Sané chance.

And to the point. Hungary defended deep with numbers. They don't give acres of space on the side to run to, but I don't think there're loads of space to penetrate down the middle. They defended very well really. Portugal and France also couldn't break them down for the most part. It's not just a one off
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:30 am

Jesp wrote:
Babun wrote:First thing first, what an exciting last matchday! :bow:

i feel like  yea the whole 3 man defense with wide players while players like gosens and kimmich can take advantage of , few others are finding it hard to fit into.

also if any wide players get caught out, then the back 3 of hummels ginter and rudiger has often get caught out badly too. this needs to be resolved if Germany has any chance to stop England because Sterling, Saka, they are mighty fast on the flanks.
either that or knowing they are bit suspect at the back but can full take advantage of numerical advantage on midfield

Zero worry, Ze Boyz will bring their AAA game to the Engurland's Island Monkeys.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Lord Awesome wrote:Couldve used Theo Hernandez as a backup too honestly. Im surprised he isn't on the team. Also surprised Laporte was never included after all this time. Never thought I'd see him play for Spain.

They did call him up and he got injured about a year ago.  Besides, he's never going to beat out Varane, Kimpembe, Zouma (maybe him; i don't rate him), Lenglet (frankly, he's a Laporte clone and i don't like him either), Kounde, Upamecano, Konate, Badiashile, etc.  Lucas Hernandez can play CB too.  If there's one position there's absolutely nothing to worry about, it's CB.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:They did call him up and he got injured about a year ago.  Besides, he's never going to beat out Varane, Kimpembe, Zouma (maybe him; i don't rate him), Lenglet (frankly, he's a Laporte clone and i don't like him either), Kounde, Upamecano, Konate, Badiashile, etc.  Lucas Hernandez can play CB too.  If there's one position there's absolutely nothing to worry about, it's CB.

Actually I think he's better than Kimpembe, tho Zouma and Lenglet indeed pose a barrier tho tbh Laporte is cleaner than Lenglet who has a tendency to be aggressive to the point of getting carded. But yeah you are correct about the CB position, even with Kimpembe who I see as the weakest link there. What I was concerned about was the LB spot tho. I don't think Rabiot should play there and reason being only because I dont think he has the speed to be there mainly. Just put in a fast player and boom they can breach the left side.

That's why I mentioned Laporte who I think is just a tad faster than Rabiot and is even more solid defensively since he's basically a CB naturally. Lenglet may have to fill in or perhaps Kimpembe has the speed to play LB tho I don't know if he's a lefty or righty. The way it sits now, Deschamps gonna have to improvise someone in that spot.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15