RealGunner
Zagadka
Harmonica
Freeza
Robespierre
33 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which teams will go through ? ( Choose 2, please)

EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_lcap14% EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
 EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_lcap29% EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 2 ]
 EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_lcap57% EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
 EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_lcap0% EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 Empty Re: EURO 2020 - Group B

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:05 pm

Well, our first Euro match sure was memorable...

Eriksen pulling through is obviously what matters more than the result. Crazy to see something like that happen. Side note: What are the chances he's had an asymptomatic covid that played a part in his heart failing here?

As for the football, we played like utter shit, unable to string two passes together, had just one goal attempt against Denmark's 22 attempts... yet we win 1-0? Crazy to see something like that happen!

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:08 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, our first Euro match sure was memorable...

Eriksen pulling through is obviously what matters more than the result. Crazy to see something like that happen. Side note: What are the chances he's had an asymptomatic covid that played a part in his heart failing here?

As for the football, we played like utter shit, unable to string two passes together, had just one goal attempt against Denmark's 22 attempts... yet we win 1-0? Crazy to see something like that happen!

He never got covid, nor asymptomatic neither symptomatic , as Inter fan I remember every player who had it ( because we tested many positives in a year ) but he never was among these
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:29 pm

I'm a bit late but anyways. Kudos to Finland defeating Denmark cheers
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:34 pm

One of the most dramatic games in my lifetime. I was sure at the moment the Danish captain was hugging Eriksen's wife he was announced as dead. But resurrection then happened through this board, which was like 30 min ahead of Finnish broadcast. And there sure was an emotional rollercoaster going on.

As for the result I can't be more extatic, I actually think we deserved the win after the bs penalty call that happened in second half. One of the worst, and most obvious "make headline" calls in history of football. Lucky to have Hradecky on goal on that one. 22-1 on goal chances, next up Russia.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:44 pm

Is the russian coach Andrei Pirlov by any chance ? Awful football. I need a goal please
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:47 pm

looking at him, he definitely doesn't look like the tiki taka type
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 pm

He's the tiki vodka type
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:11 pm

Warrior wrote:He's the tiki vodka type

EURO 2020 - Group B - Page 3 200.gif?cid=85b9463d6ecehvfttsx9tpsquriqg1nszltrg9qem01rq5a5&rid=200

He reminds me of uncle vernon
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:29 am

I’m so exhausted. Worst day in football for me as a fan.

Seeing your favourite player like that is so terrible. And the fact that they showed everything was despicable. So happy they were able to resuscitate him. Simon Kjær and the first responders were true heroes today.

Really sad about the game. Thought it was a soft pen, but the foul was there. And it’s weak to lose to a team who can’t create anything resembling a chance. But I can excuse everything today. Hard to get truly passionate about the game when you get a reality check that shows there’s more to life than this.

I’m just so proud of our boys and what they did today. Love this team.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:41 am

I was in the St. Petersburg fan zone watching this live on a gigantic screen with thousands of other people. Can't even imagine being at Parken if it happened there.

Simply no words to describe those 10-15 minutes...it was crazy. I almost gave up...nearly in tears, just took my lady's hand and told her: "let's go to Zenit Arena and hope for a miracle."

when I browsed Twitter on metro, definitely didn't expect good news, but thank god for that. Really no words to say.../but really, it looked terrible on TV. thank god, he's good now.

Really put the "football match" that followed later in the stadium in context. but in Copenhagen and in. St. Petersburg...was a very strange vibe all game.
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:07 am

Had been watching the game live on TV. Could not see him falling but was so scared to see the next course of events.
UEFA gave them two choices to finish the game. Wonder why they choose to continue the game on the same day. The result was inevitable. Denmark was all over Finland throughout the game, Finland players even din have time to breathe. yet they go home with three points. Denmark will now find it difficult to proceed to the next round.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:25 am

wanted to pay my thoughts to Christian Eriksen, Eriksen's family, the Danish FA and their team, staffs, their fans, as well as respect to Finnish football team and their fans for keeping it respectful both fans were wonderful. Was incredibly shocking to see the news but very relieved to hear that he is conscious and able to talk to people around him.

I wish him well sending full strength and recovery and hope he gets all the well deserved rest and care he needs while getting warmth from his close family. Also im sorry to all Spurs, Inter fans who hold special place.
Hopefully he gets well and we get to hear from him in person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:31 am

Puts the games in perspective doesnt it. Shows you what really matters, and the decision to carry on was shocking as far as I;'m concerned regardless of what Eriksen thought should happen
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:00 am

I the the decision to play the game made sense. Eriksen thought they should, and the players agreed among themselves.

Maybe for Eriksen and the players, it was to affirm that he is still alive

I hope all is well with Ereksen and that he is able to come back and play football again.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:10 am

Apparently we became the first team ever to win a game in major tournament with just one shot.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:44 pm

Harmonica wrote:Apparently we became the first team ever to win a game in major tournament with just one shot.

and somehow it wasn't Pukki
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Happy to see the brilliant response by the Med-staff along with Kjær not to mention the unity between Finnish and Danish fans.

Congratulations to Arty for the victory but more so very happy to see Christian talking and conscious. One of my favourite players too so that helps.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:46 pm

Quite amazing circumstances football has brought us again. The drama, and the sheer luck in resulting game that Finland somehow beat Denmark, making it very hard for them now to qualify I imagine, many rated them b4 the tournament. Goes to show again anything can happen in a big tournament which is why we love them so much. Doesnt look like the Eriksen incident affected them but u never really know for sure... glad hes fine now.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:37 pm

This is the first time I watched this kind of thing happened in a football match. It's really shocking, horrifying, and saddening. Really grateful that Eriksen comes out of it okay. Salute to Kjaer, Denmark team, Finland team, Medical Team, officials, and both sets of fans
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:07 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Quite amazing circumstances football has brought us again. The drama, and the sheer luck in resulting game that Finland somehow beat Denmark, making it very hard for them now to qualify I imagine, many rated them b4 the tournament. Goes to show again anything can happen in a big tournament which is why we love them so much. Doesnt look like the Eriksen incident affected them but u never really know for sure... glad hes fine now.

Didn’t look like it affected the play?

Like Schmeichel made a mistake on a goal he would’ve easily saved on a normal day and Simon Kjær had to be subbed because he broke down emotionally. It’s actually wild they had to play that game either today at 12:00 or they’d lose.

Guess money rules for UEFA. Couldn’t possibly double book a time slot
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:49 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Quite amazing circumstances football has brought us again. The drama, and the sheer luck in resulting game that Finland somehow beat Denmark, making it very hard for them now to qualify I imagine, many rated them b4 the tournament. Goes to show again anything can happen in a big tournament which is why we love them so much. Doesnt look like the Eriksen incident affected them but u never really know for sure... glad hes fine now.

Despite covid the atmosphere is still amazing. God bless football, you can feel excitement in the air

And yes the games shoudlnt have been resumed. Denmark players looked clearly distraught and concerned
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:06 am

Myesyats wrote:

Despite covid the atmosphere is still amazing. God bless football, you can feel excitement in the air

And yes the games shoudlnt have been resumed. Denmark players looked clearly distraught and concerned

Honestly I think the " itinerant Euro"  is being  a very good thing and I was even skeptical about it
but well , I had not considered: the  element " tifo " .

If a tournament  gets  organized just in a country the atmosphere is "dispersive" . It's difficult that many fans will leave their country for following own team for an indefinite number of match, it is for posers,
I mean if Denmark , Italy, Netherlands hosts matches of their group, you will get a very strong atmosphere. That same atmosphere that you live during the year for the clubs. And not that soft and fleeting air that accompanies NT during these tournaments.
You get an  organized cheering in these tournaments and the Anfield-esque atmosphere at Amsterdam, Rome and Denmark before of the dramatic moment were special

Sadly the Eriksen 's heart attack has take away to me the passion for this Euro2020, premises were really positive ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:38 am

Of course you wont see it in their face, they wont play with tears. but they are human, right? Few hrs back they were all crying on the same field. It definitely had affected them.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:40 am

Freeza wrote:

Didn’t look like it affected the play?

Like Schmeichel made a mistake on a goal he would’ve easily saved on a normal day and Simon Kjær had to be subbed because he broke down emotionally. It’s actually wild they had to play that game either today at 12:00 or they’d lose.

Guess money rules for UEFA. Couldn’t possibly double book a time slot

Agreed

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:25 pm

https://www.football365.com/news/tv-director-denmark-finland-match-defends-eriksen-footage

Scumbag Mad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next