Ronald Koeman - welcome to FC Barcelona!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ronald Koeman - welcome to FC Barcelona! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronald Koeman - welcome to FC Barcelona!

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:47 pm

@The Franchise wrote:Hey bro. Yes, between all the work ive been doing i just havent had the time. I only really have the time now because I am working from home and in England, its impossible to coach right now for the vast majority.

Havent stopped watching of course and cant say im delighted by what im seeing. But this season in some ways is far more encouraging.

Cool, so normally like pre-covid u work and then coach as a hobby? Didnt realise that Razz Definitely great to know someone here who actually plays or is involved for real in the game. I figured most of us are just fans who causally play at most Razz

Btw, another quick quesion, at HT during the Madrid derby just now, they watered the pitch. So the home team decides? And whats the best condition for the pitch? Not too dry with a bit of water? Since I always thought its best just dry, no idea.

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Ronald Koeman - welcome to FC Barcelona! - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronald Koeman - welcome to FC Barcelona!

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:29 pm

Yes and no. I coach for a club, so it takes alot of hours up between training, matches and planning. Now that has stopped, I have more time.

The pitch? Honestly, I didnt notice. But afaik the home team decides. What is best? Depends on what you want.

If you want to pass the ball quickly, along the ground. Making the pitch wet is good as obviously the ball goes along the ground faster.

If you know you wont have much posession and will defend most of the game, no reason you want that kind of pitch so you'd tend to keep it as dry as possible and many teams who might usually water the pitch will intentionally leave it to become very dry if they play a strong team in the upcoming game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Honestly @The Franchise , it's awesome to have you back posting, great stuff to be able to read, it's a pleasure and it's also good to hear you're doing fine.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:14 pm

Thanks Hans, good to see you and others still here. I didnt know what to expect at all. I hope to stay around as long as possible. Im hopeful I can ride it out till the summer or even Autumn.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Are my eyes deceiving me?!

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:13 pm

Thanks Dani. Funny since I always had the impression those really water logged pitch in the rain the ball hardly moves when they hit the ground so I thought its best dry Razz Not sure why Atletico watered it then, would think they prefer it dry so Real cant play the ball as fast or fluently.

For a team like Barca I guess best would be to have it just a bit wet then so as to have the ball move faster.

Hope u will stick around even after things goes back to normal, even just once in a while Smile In the meantime just ride it out and enjoy the relaxing time I guess, the whole world is forced to still, luckily we have had good football to watch during all this time Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Given the challenges, an outstanding first season. Surprised he has not had success at other clubs. Maybe he is not a small club coach. From what I have seen, he definitely has what it takes to manage big clubs. A legend as a player, authoritative, calm, composed and a terrific man manger (for us at least). Looks, talks and acts like he belongs.
Definitely deserves a second season and any talk of Xavi should be nixed in the bud. Koeman can be better in big games but I firmly believe our issues in big games have nothing to do with the manager.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Do you think the club final 11 is/should be the team, system and positions moving forward?

Maybe you can debate Dembele v Griezmann and aging Pique v improving Araujo. But those 2 aside, it seems everything else remains, aswell as the 3 at the back which can transform into 4 when called on.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 pm

Given Messi stays, I would make the following changes. I dont think a spine of Messi, Busquets, Pique works come crunch time. It has not worked for 7 years now (even longer if we ignore 2015). It most certainly wont work in 2022. I can guarantee we will be humiliated again.
We are beholden to Messi and like the girlfriend who stays with the abusive boyfriend, we won't end it with Messi.
So he stays in the starting lineup. That leaves Pique and Busquets. I would definitely play Araujo over Pique. Teams will pressure him on the ball and he is going to go for the easy pass to Mats/Lenglet/Mingueza every single time. We just have to plan our buildup around that. The positives of having Araujo far outweigh the loss of ball playing ability.
That leaves Busquets. Busquets might work in CL knockout football in a non Messi team. He has no place in a Messi team. I would try to replace Busquets. I have 2 options. Try Roberto there. I think he can do the job. We lose some of the passing but much better in transitions and much more mobile. Or throw another youngster in at the deep end. Nico at the B is having a tremendous season and he has recently been playing DM in Orellana's absence. Have read that Koeman is a fan. I like Nico's profile. Excellent technically and he has some of the dragbacks of Busquets in him. More importantly, he is tall, strong and mobile.
Those would be my changes. Pique and Busquets out. Araujo and Roberto/Nico in. That and tactical changes on a match to match basis.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:13 pm

Same system? Which I guess define as 3421?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:40 pm

Yes. It seems the best system for a Messi Barcelona. We have played better since the switch. Better possession higher up the pitch and I believe we are also creating more chances (have not checked stats though, just eye test).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:49 pm

I understand and agree with the spine point. But I dont see Busi being replaced. I think yesterday was 13 starts in a row. Normally, I would argue that to be criminal given his age plus attrition but there really is no clear alternative. Perhaps if Pjanic wasnt so poor things could have evolved.

As it stands, the young guys like you mentioned would have to be really outstanding to displace Busi. Especially from a defensive positioning point of view.

Roberto? I cant say I am convinced but I hadnt put much thought into it. I am unsure because while I agree has his more mobility I doubt he could replicate Busquets decision making and composure in tight situations.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:22 am

While I am a fan of his work, didnt like the way we played the second half against Villareal. He can take a hike if he wants to park the bus leading 2-1. Especially after going a man down.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:56 am

Yep hes done that before multiple times. THats the one aspect of his work I dislike the most. Bringing in more defenders towards the beginning doesnt mean we will defender better lol. And also being one man up!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:07 pm

I think he's done after today, unacceptable result with red behaviour.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:24 pm

What is "red behavior"?

Oh I didnt see he got sent off lol.

Welcome Xavi I guess.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum