Hapless_Hans
El Gunner
BarrileteCosmico
61 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

2020/21 La Liga  - Page 21 Empty Re: 2020/21 La Liga

Post by Perucho21 Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:03 am

Barca winning CDR Atletico winning La Liga while we win the Guinness world record for the most useless crosses per match

Zizou :bow:

Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:37 am

Your avatar Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:00 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Barca winning CDR Atletico winning La Liga while we win the Guinness world record for the most useless crosses per match

Sometimes I get the feeling people don't really give Zidane enough credit. If they knew the insane credentials he has under his belt, they wouldn't even dare questioning him for a second. For instance, you brought up the Guinness world record as a joke, but in reality he really does have one:
Spoiler:
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:00 pm

Just seen the match, and what an amazing one, one of the best I have seen from us in a longggg time. We made so many chances towards the end when Granada tired, and hit the bar and crossbar, conceded from yet another Umtiti mistake (but speaking of which, seems like each and everyone of our CBs make a huge mistake every other match nowadays and no idea why), a really really soft pen, and a over the top long ball for Soldado 1v1, pretty amazing, thats why football is so entertaining.

Messi was god like in this match at times, the countless amazing passes and crosses he made was a joy to watch. I especially loved the one he made to Trincao who hit the bar.

Griezmann was amazing too and ppl need to really start to appreciate him, he does so much for us every game ppl just dont see it and focus on the bad.

Dest was great too, and so glad to finally see him, replacing Roberto too Very Happy I guess they are both back from injuries now? But really pls, again, just play Dest ffs, hes a million times better than another other pretend RB we have.

Oh well, only the cup and Granada after all, but still, a memorable match Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:52 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Barca winning CDR Atletico winning La Liga while we win the Guinness world record for the most useless crosses per match

Barca are in far deeper shit than Real. The fact that we celebrate an extra time comeback against Granada while sitting below you in the league despite still having Messi in the team should tell you enough.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:55 pm

futbol wrote:

Barca are in far deeper shit than Real. The fact that we celebrate an extra time comeback against Granada while sitting below you in the league despite still having Messi in the team should tell you enough.

Meh, nothing that Xavi and a return to Barca DNA can't fix
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:25 am

futbol wrote:

Bro if Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos, Modric and Kroos retire soon, they're all about 33/34 so they're retiring at once, not looking good
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Myesyats wrote:
futbol wrote:

Bro if Benzema, Marcelo, Ramos, Modric and Kroos retire soon, they're all about 33/34 so they're retiring at once, not looking good

For every Ramos there is a Militão.
For every Kroos there is a Ceballos.
For every Modrić there is a Brahim Díaz.
For every Marcelo there is a Mendy.

Not to mention the likes of Rodrygo, Vinícius, Ødefaart and Kubo who are all lining up to write Madrid's history.

The future is bright.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Barca are worse than us rofl didn't even know it was possible
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Myesyats wrote:
futbol wrote:

It's all a part of a long-lasting, transitional phase, apparently, so yippie ki yay!
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 pm

Unbelievable kamikaze stuff from Betis.

Messi again the difference maker for Barcelona despite only 8 minutes on the pitch.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:43 pm

danyjr wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
futbol wrote:

For every Ramos there is a Militão.
For every Kroos there is a Ceballos.
For every Modrić there is a Brahim Díaz.
For every Marcelo there is a Mendy.

Not to mention the likes of Rodrygo, Vinícius, Ødefaart and Kubo who are all lining up to write Madrid's history.

Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:08 pm

Unlike Barca, Madrid can probably afford to buy talent. In 3 years they could have Haaland and MBappe on the team. If in 3 years Barca is not bankrupt it's only thanks to Catalan authorities saving the club.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:44 pm

THere's no one to buy. Mbappe is shit and overhyped, watch Perez spend 200m on that bum and then enjoy his misery like he does with hazard. Favela boys ain't gonna cut it either. Add Pogba into the mix and they won't recover for another 10 years, its time to recognize their transfer policy is shit too and been flying under the radar.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:53 pm

I don't know if our transfer policy is shit, but I get the impression that we hold these kids' development back after we purchase them. I can't make sense of why we keep them around, when they're clearly in a phase in their careers where they need regular playing time, and an environment free of the pressures that come with playing at Real Madrid. Zidane seems like a poor fit to oversee such an environment.

I mean, we're in need of fullbacks. We had two, very young fullbacks on our books recently, who have been thriving elsewhere. And neither of them want to return. Something's clearly not going according to plan here. We might acquire Mbappe in the future, for all I know. Zidane might have some influence on that transfer, and he seems to be a fan of the club. I don't know why the likes of Haaland would want to join us in our current state, though. It's one thing that the results aren't going our way, but I can't think of any other club that has our track record of hampering a young prospect's development.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:25 am

How do you know that the fullbacks we sold do not want to return? Unless I missed something they have never said anything like that and both were returning to the club until we decided to sell to make cash due to COVID. One could argue they would have both returned to the club as expected had it not been a global pandemic.

The fate of a football club can turn in a snap of a finger. I have seen it enough to know. You make 3 or 4 signings and you can turn things around pretty drastically.

I will just say, the things you blame Zidane for, as far as not developing theses kids, fine. But let’s not forget that in Madrid, when you lose the pressure turns up to a 100. There is maybe only 1% of coaches who is going to play kids over veteran who have won it all when their job is on the line. The choices Zidane made (most of them at least), most coaches would have done the same. Madrid is just a ridiculous high pressure club to coach.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:11 am

Well, I don’t know how legitimate it was, but I read an article stating that Hakimi preferred not to return to Madrid. I believe I read something similar regarding Reguilon as well, but I can’t confirm any of those sources. Either way, that’s two players who could’ve upgraded what we already have, off to other clubs. Considering our current situation in the fullback positions, playing time shouldn’t have been a problem for them. Then again, I wouldn’t bet against Zidane starting Marcelo or Mendy, anyway.

Regarding Zidane and the pressure of when things don’t go our way, results-wise, that’s perfectly understandable, but that takes me back to my point - why then, build your transfer policy around young prospects, and keep them in the first team where they are likely to get less playing time, more pressure than they deserve to get at that point in their career, and a less than ideal environment for development, overall?

I don’t know how much of a say he had in these transfers, but I have no reason to believe that Zidane is the right person to oversee their development. Casemiro was going nowhere when he was kept in the first team. He wasn’t deemed good enough, and he was loaned out to Porto, like he, and all other youngster should, in my opinion. He returned as a 23-24 year old and had earned invaluable experience and maturity elsewhere, which meant that he could be slotted right into our team. He’s an example of one we successfully bought, nurtured and eventually could make use of.

We’re not doing that now. Since you have all of these defense points for Zidane, why retain these young players, instead of having them develop in a more stable environment? Why keep them here, when the manager can’t risk playing them?

We have such a good track record of loaning players out, and yet, here we are, calling 21 year old, Ødegaard back from a good season at Real Sociedad, only to have him sit on the bench. Yes, he’s had injuries, no - calling him back made no sense.

We sold Hakimi, who I believe will only increase in value over the next few years. Same with Reguilon. With bought Jovic, only to relegate him to third choice behind Mariano after, what, 3 months at the club, injuries included. It seems to me like a transfer direction that seemed like a good idea, but was poorly executed.

You’ve been saying that we’re still in transition. Well, that theory will fall flat when we sell these youngsters and go back to chasing established talents, because that would mean that the new transitional strategy failed, and we’ve reverted to what worked in the past.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:42 pm

I don’t think either Reguillon or Achraf are upgrades over Reguilon and Carvajal. At best, they will compete for a starting position. As for the report about them not wanting back, I will pour some water on that. It is pretty clear they were sold due to the crisis with Covid.

The idea behind young players is that you want to bring them up alongside your most establish players right? If you look across Europe, young players who come up in top teams always go through this process. To me the strategy is legitimate from this point of view, knowing you still have club legends around playing at a really high level. But the young players also have to deliver on the expectations. If they don’t, just like when you sign a star player like Hazard, it leads to bad results. Again, the strategy made sense at the time due to the skyrocketing costs of signing average players. For every Casemiro you can give me, I can also mention Higuain, Benzema, Marcelo, etc... there are examples for all youth development strategies you can name.

What I don’t see is any accountability for Odegaard running away after 6 months. Where is the fight? Did he expect to be handed a starting position? Modric came to Madrid with a better resume and barely played for 6 months. He fought and he became a club legend. Odegaard started the season as a starter, got hurt (not that he has been in top shape since the start of 2020), sat on the bench and asked to leave. I saw 0 fight in him to say I will stay and I will succeed here. Benzema is a club legend too because he fought for his spot, Marcelo, Carjaval, Casemiro. I see no reason to side with Odegaard here when Zidane showed clear intent to play him when he returned. To me he gave up and he left, bye, not needed.

Finally, being in a transition means you are going from one era of success to another. I literally don’t care if we sell all those young kids, our success is not tied to their success. The faster they grow the better of course but if their fate is to become chips to buy better guys, well, i will remember them fondly lol. And the transition strategy is going pretty well with the title we won last year, a transition is never suppose to be pretty anyway.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:28 pm

And another match that we are celebrating as a hard fought victory, this game vs Pellgrini's Betis... not sure to be that happy or not lool...

Why is Dest dropped again now that hes back? I hope its just fitness issues and Koeman not actually thinking Mingueza is better, or unless hes just taking the chance to give the young players some playing time? (unlikely). Puig needs to be sold, sorry kid, or just move back to B team pls. Busquets problem was highlighted obviously by our second goal conceded. Just slow to everything nowadays, we need to replace him in the summer, period.

Finally of course, Messi once again, god like impact as a sub. That goal clips the inside of the near post and in, otherwise the GK probably would have saved it, pure power and accuracy. Trincao scores a great winner for his first, perhaps hes keep improving lets hope.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:20 am

@futbol

@Mr Nick09

Both of you please explain why you're allowing Pathetico to win the league? You both should be embarrassed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 am

Its our fault we gave away Suarez for free to them. AGAIN. Same shit happened with David Villa. :facepalm:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:14 am

Sell Suarez. Keep Busquets. Just Barto things.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:20 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@futbol

@Mr Nick09

Both of you please explain why you're allowing Pathetico to win the league? You both should be embarrassed.
this is like allowing your baby brother to win a game at fifa after your parents ask you why he keeps crying every night
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:42 am

Atletico finally drop points with a draw, but Suarez really proving to be the difference for the season with two goals Sad Well done Barto for gifting a league title to them. Oh well, at least its better than watching Real win another one Razz But the suffering of watching Suarez banging in goals for them, while we are stuck with no striker basically in games continues...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:45 am

Myesyats wrote:Its our fault we gave away Suarez for free to them. AGAIN. Same shit happened with David Villa. :facepalm:

Isnt Barca also paying a big part of his salary?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Never going to listen to LaLigaites again. I wanted Suarez so badly for 1 season at least. He would have been a brilliant addition/replacement for our front three whenever we fail to perform.
Always knew Suarez is still a top top player for any club.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next