Remember... Fernando "El Principe" Redondo

+3
futbol_bill
Thimmy
sportsczy
7 posters

Go down

Remember...  Fernando "El Principe" Redondo Empty Remember... Fernando "El Principe" Redondo

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:49 am

What a player... underrated as great as he was.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Remember...  Fernando "El Principe" Redondo Empty Re: Remember... Fernando "El Principe" Redondo

Post by Thimmy Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:25 am

Not the best player I’ve ever witnessed, but he’s still my favorite player in football. I miss his elegant style of play. He was one of the reasons why I initially became a fan of Real Madrid. Watching that video brought a smile to my face Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Remember...  Fernando "El Principe" Redondo Empty Re: Remember... Fernando "El Principe" Redondo

Post by futbol_bill Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Controversial question!

Who was the better DM, Redondo or Makelele?

Both were great and under valued (or underrated), but I prefer Redondo, probably because he had more years at Madrid.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:30 pm

easily Makelele...  one of the best DMs ever.  Redondo was more flashy obviously but not as effective. Makelele was much more a DM than Redondo was.

It's like comparing Laudrup and Platini. Both were great. But Platini was just far more effective. Laudrup was more flashy.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:34 pm

Underrated? He was a God-tier midfielder. The guy bossed a midfield of Scholes and Keane. Was named man of the match against a midfield of Juventus that had Davids, Deschamps and Zidane. Was named the Real Madrid player of the Year and UEFA Club Footballer of the Year when he won the CL with Madrid.

Capello called him a tactically perfect player.

No, he definitely wasn't underrated because all the managers of that era knew exactly how great and complete he is.

The only person who didn't appreciate him was the one who swapped him for Figo against Del Bosque wishes and Redondo's wishes as well.

I feel totally integrated at this club. For me, there is no reason to go and play for another club. I repeat, Real is my home, and as far as it depends on me, I see no reason to desire another.

Fernando Carlos Redondo
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:43 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Controversial question!

Who was the better DM, Redondo or Makelele?

Definitely Redondo.

Aside from his insane talent and completeness as a midfielder, he was also a true royal white - a player who truly loved the club and bled for the shirt until his very last second with Madrid.

Not taking away anything from Makelele. He was a monster in his own right, but I would choose Redondo every damn time.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 01, 2020 11:44 pm

For the record, flo can be blamed for a lot but letting Redondo go to allow space or $ for figo was a genius move. Redondo was out injured for like 2 years after he left. And it wasnt like a tackle or nothing.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri May 01, 2020 11:52 pm

Defensive midfielder , I go makelele. If u want your dm to just do the dirty work I always go for guys like makelele gattuso et al
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 04, 2020 7:31 pm

if by defensive midfielder we talk about tackles than yes Makelele was the best,

but as a football player, midfield general, deep lying playmaker, Redondo was plain and simple much superior

He’s up there with Rijkaard
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 04, 2020 11:12 pm

Makalele didn't need to tackle. He used to positioned himself to always recover the ball easily.

He was winning balls with eyes closed during his late years with Chelsea in a physical premier league .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down