What should be our midfield next season?

+3
Myesyats
futbol
alexjanosik
7 posters

Go down

What should be our midfield next season? Empty What should be our midfield next season?

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:27 am

Doesnt seem like there is going to be any movement in midfield besides Rakitic possibly leaving. I think he stays given Valverde likes him.
Given the restrictions and only possible formation being 4-4-2, what should be our midfield next season?

Busquets should not be part of the first 11 imo. He is too slow and unathletic to play pivot with Messi up top and a slow central defense. He should be benched, especially for tough games. For CL matches, we should line up with Rakitic RM, FDJ and Arthur in the middle and Vidal/Coutinho/Dembele on the left. Depending on the opponent the LM can change. FDJ, Arthur and Rakitic should all start tough games. Wanted to get thoughts on what others think.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

What should be our midfield next season? Empty Re: What should be our midfield next season?

Post by futbol Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:16 pm

Rakitic and Busquets shouldn't play together. Other than that, throw the dice. Any combination of FDJ, Arthur, Rakitic/Busquets, Vidal should do.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

What should be our midfield next season? Empty Re: What should be our midfield next season?

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Ideally, FDJ-Arthur- and a new signing, dream: Eriksen.

Rakitic, Busquets and Vidal are all terrible. hope none of the 3 is a starter come September.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 am

alexjanosik wrote:Rakitic RM, FDJ and Arthur in the middle and Vidal/Coutinho/Dembele on the left. Depending on the opponent the LM can change. FDJ, Arthur and Rakitic should all start tough games. Wanted to get thoughts on what others think.
Defensively sound but honestly I can't see that that midfield being able to penetrate any solid defensive team. I don't see any flair or creativity, Alba can provide some width but Semedo isn't very good in attack, so you're left with two physically declining players Suárez and Messi to create magic for you up front.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:31 am

Some one please post In and Out of Barcelona squad.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:25 pm

zenmaster wrote:Some one please post In and Out of Barcelona squad.

In FDJ and Griezman till now.
Out Denis, Gomes, KPB, Murillo. Expected out Rafinha.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:28 pm

So far

IN

Griezman ( Forward )
Frenkie de Jong ( Central Midfield )
Neto ( Goalkeeper )
Emerson ( Right back )

Out

Jasper Cillessen ( Goalkeeper )
Gomez ( Central Midfield )
D Sauraz ( Central Midfield )
Paco ( Central Forward )
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 pm

2019 Midfield
Sergio Busquets
Ivan Rakitić
Sergi Roberto
Rafinha
Arthur Melo
Arturo Vidal
Carles Aleña
Frenkie de Jong

So Sergi, by all accounts, is now "allegedly" going to only be used as a midfielder this season. I've stated before I don't like him much, in midfield or right back for Barca as I feel he is super limited and although he can be a "solid" player I don't think he is the elite tier player we need to get over the hump vs teams with elite midfielders.

Busquets has looked really old, and I think until he regains some form I'd be wary of making him a guaranteed starter. But of course, he can win his spot again if he performs like he can when he is "on"

Alena, IMO, is already on a similar level to Sergi in midfield. Difference is I believe he can with time reach a better level but he isn't quite there yet.

Arthur played a lot better with Brazil at the Copa than he did with us...but I don't know if that's a EV thing or what.

So...if I had to pick a balance 3 to be our starters, who would I go with? That's rough as I think our current selection is pretty unbalanced for a few reasons.

For example I feel Vidal and Rakitic can't play together. Sergi, Rafinha and Alena aren't really fit to be regular starters for us. Arthur has been inconcistant and also not sure how he will fair playing with FDJ. Busqs has been out of form but if we replace him with FDJ, then who should play ahead of him....Arthur and Vidal? That just seems like it would no creativity going forward. Idk hard to say...

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:36 am

Is Arthur injured ?
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 am

He was on the bench I think, guessing its just not back to full fitness yet, plus Valverde wanna give De Jong the matches to settle in quick as well as getting results without gambling too much. Im sure he will be featured soon.

Roberto had a good game vs Betis, probably becuase hes actually playing where he feels more comfortable? Or its a one-off vs a weaker team I dont know Razz Vidal scoring also nice of course.

Anyway, its good to see we actually have a number of midfielders to rotate nicely atm, but when we come vs the real top teams thats when we need to have worked out our absolute best midfield to compete.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:20 am

alexjanosik wrote:Doesnt seem like there is going to be any movement in midfield besides Rakitic possibly leaving. I think he stays given Valverde likes him.
Given the restrictions and only possible formation being 4-4-2, what should be our midfield next season?

Busquets should not be part of the first 11 imo. He is too slow and unathletic to play pivot with Messi up top and a slow central defense. He should be benched, especially for tough games. For CL matches, we should line up with Rakitic RM, FDJ and Arthur in the middle and Vidal/Coutinho/Dembele on the left. Depending on the opponent the LM can change. FDJ, Arthur and Rakitic should all start tough games. Wanted to get thoughts on what others think.

While I loved the 4-3-3 we played first two games, it's still going to be a 4-4-2 once Messi comes back.
Assuming no Neymar, my midfield would be Roberto RM, Arthur FDJ in the middle and Griezmann/Dembele/Vidal LM. While Griezman played well at CF against Betis, that was because he had a free role. Second goal being example. He never scores that goal with Messi there. I doubt he can play ahead of Messi so front 2 remains Messi/ Suarez.

Now if Neymar comes, it's going to become increasingly complicated.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum