RealGunner
Firenze
Nishankly
M99
65 posters

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

Barca vs Pool

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC - Page 16 Vote_lcap55%2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC - Page 16 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 11 ]
2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC - Page 16 Vote_lcap45%2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC - Page 16 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 20

Poll closed

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 2:29:48

Very embarrassing match and my confidence dropped as the match neared in realisation of how vital Alexander-Arnold is to our flank delivery and Firmino for our front-flank as a whole.

Valverde when he is hunched down like he was majority of the match usually always is doing as such when he sees flaws littering the opposition and he did that during his days of Espanyol, Olympiakos and especially Athletic.

Tonight reminded me of how similar he is to Allegri in multiple ways despite the glaring differences.

We failed to nullify their midfield with our physically more combatant one.

We failed to congest the centre despite that being the sole blueprint of stifling Messi in the times he has been frustrated when (rarely) shut down. We failed to exploiting Barcelona's more narrow disposition and the team just overall failed to continue an initial high press to which phased out after Valverde's incremental changes had his team realise a early wide exit via MaTs to the fullbacks was all that was needed, pushing LFC back as a result of the wide gaps it created.

By no means a spectacle of football but Klopp as much as I adore him was thoroughly 'outtactized' by a man who was seeing it all and changing as it went.

Does it mean it should all come down to him?

Absolutely not.

Over a decade of posting alongside Mole I have disagreed with him more than agreed but he is on the money tonight given he does watch Barcelona (more than he admits) and the point of English teams lacking tactically is very true.

Whilst the general pace and dauntlessness of EPL teams work against less prepared teams it does not work against elite teams/tactics who have prepared ahead against such furious rushes.

Last night was an example (even if a very different one).

Klopp truly could not do more with this squad than he can.

Especially with Firmino out
Our best fullback to deliver to Salah
Keita out changing the balance
And the absolute state of our midfield period.

Forget raw talent. The sheer footballing IQ difference between Barca's midfield (Rakatic, Busquets, Arthur) to ours (Henderson, Keita, Milner) is colossal. Not even close.

Mane and Salah for all their pace and goals aplenty, are not exactly the most creative let alone brightest bunch when they are stifled and I said it before and will say it again, Salah has been learned by European teams let alone top ones in EPL. Once you can get around his pace and general vector (to which will come inside) then you will stop him, unless he is open to which a curler can be scored (and have us forget his dwindling efficiency despite the goals).

I won't even mention the footballing IQ difference between the attack.

Tie is over but no reason to panic as it is obvious we need a multi-dimensional #9 and a serious midfield overhaul.

I cannot state how out-of-depth Henderson looked in Nou Camp tonight as if he just crawled out of a crackhouse 24 hours off a binge in South Sunderland.

Milner is past his prime so does not deserve my scrutiny as I expect little from him despite his commendable service and versatility often.

Tonight I realised why so many hated Suarez during his LFC tenure to which I was mostly blind to when he was playing for us as I cannot be more indifferent to him despite him being a former LFC player and celebrating like he did was just....well does it even matter?

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC - Page 16 Empty Re: 2018/19 UEFA Champions League Semi Final: FC Barcelona vs Liverpool FC

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 2:32:33

Clutch wrote:
Unique wrote:
Clutch wrote:
 sorry unique, you have to have at least won one domestic title to boo your coach and fans. You just gotta suck it up and still sing your chants for the time being :/
im sure if you look at the history of soccer and all the best wide backs in the world you will find we have won a domestic title before.
edit: win a domestic title within my lifetime*
yeah if only liverpool had won a domestic title in your life time that would have made it so much better. the 18 titles they have won before you were born dont mean shit. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 2:37:14

Arquitescu wrote:Very embarrassing match and my confidence dropped as the match neared in realisation of how vital Alexander-Arnold is to our flank delivery and Firmino for our front-flank as a whole.

Valverde when he is hunched down like he was majority of the match usually always is doing as such when he sees flaws littering the opposition and he did that during his days of Espanyol, Olympiakos and especially Athletic.

Tonight reminded me of how similar he is to Allegri in multiple ways despite the glaring differences.

We failed to congest the centre despite that being the sole blueprint of stifling Messi in the times he has been frustrated when (rarely) shut down. We failed to exploiting Barcelona's more narrow disposition and the team just overall failed to continue an initial high press to which phased out after Valverde's incremental changes had his team realise a early wide exit via MaTs to the fullbacks was all that was needed, pushing LFC back as a result of the wide gaps it created.

By no means a spectacle of football but Klopp as much as I adore him was thoroughly 'outtactized' by a man who was seeing it all and changing as it went.

Absolutely not.

Over a decade of posting alongside Mole I have disagreed with him more than agreed but he is on the money tonight given he does watch Barcelona (more than he admits) and the point of English teams lacking tactically is very true.

Whilst the general pace and dauntlessness of EPL teams work against less prepared teams it does not work against elite teams/tactics who have prepared ahead against such furious rushes.

Forget raw talent. The sheer footballing IQ difference between Barca's midfield (Rakatic, Busquets, Arthur) to ours (Henderson, Keita, Milner) is colossal. Not even close.

Mane and Salah for all their pace and goals aplenty, are not exactly the most creative let alone brightest bunch when they are stifled and I said it before and will say it again, Salah has been learned by European teams let alone top ones in EPL. Once you can get around his pace and general vector (to which will come inside) then you will stop him, unless he is open to which a curler can be scored (and have us forget his dwindling efficiency despite the goals).

Tie is over but no reason to panic as it is obvious we need a multi-dimensional #9 and a serious midfield overhaul.

I cannot state how out-of-depth Henderson looked in Nou Camp tonight as if he just crawled out of a crackhouse 24 hours off a binge in South Sunderland.

Milner is past his prime so does not deserve my scrutiny as I expect little from him despite his commendable service and versatility often.

Tonight I realised why so many hated Suarez during his LFC tenure to which I was mostly blind to when he was playing for us as I cannot be more indifferent to him despite him being a former LFC player and celebrating like he did was just....well does it even matter?

what team do you support honestly.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 May - 2:40:20

Arquitescu wrote:Very embarrassing match and my confidence dropped as the match neared in realisation of how vital Alexander-Arnold is to our flank delivery and Firmino for our front-flank as a whole.

Absolutely not.

Fantastic post.

Although the bit in bold upsets me. Sad

I should say that i don't watch that much, but i've seen enough over the past few years to know what types of teams they struggle against and Liverpool under Klopp are not it.

Too many people were losing themselves in performances against other teams etc etc and ignoring how the teams matchup and where both teams are weak.

At this level i pay way more attention to matchups than quality of performances or player and i can i just say the hype around Messi vs Van Dijk made me laugh, it's like nobody has paid attention to the last decade plus and seen how Messi plays.

He's not a traditional striker and does his damage nowhere near the 6 yard box, look at most of the chances and dribbling he had tonight he was nowhere near Van Dijk. The key to stopping Messi has and will always be the midfield and not the CBs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 2:42:07

I protest as much as I want about refereeing decisions.
Or Messi rolling around as if he's under fire from a Howitzer
Or being unlucky
or UEFAcelona
Or the stars conspiring against ultimate victories for LFC.

But it won't make a shit of a difference because above is my analysis of the game made under the influence of painkillers, to which numb the emotion; thus bringing out a less passionate review of the embarrassment that just occurred tonight in Catalonia.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 May - 2:44:38

That rolling was hilarious Laughing I thought he was going to roll down the tunnel and end up run over by motor cyclist in the streets of Barcelona.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 2:45:21

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Absolutely not.

Fantastic post.

I should say that i don't watch that much, but i've seen enough over the past few years to know what types of teams they struggle against and Liverpool under Klopp are not it.

Too many people were losing themselves in performances against other teams etc etc and ignoring how the teams matchup and where both teams are weak.

At this level i pay way more attention to matchups than quality of performances or player and i can i just say the hype around Messi vs Van Dijk made me laugh, it's like nobody has paid attention to the last decade plus and seen how Messi plays.

He's not a traditional striker and does his damage nowhere near the 6 yard box, look at most of the chances and dribbling he had tonight he was nowhere near Van Dijk. The key to stopping Messi has and will always be the midfield and not the CBs.

Thanks Mole Proud

Disagreements are fine with me so as long as they have ground and reason behind them. The posts not worth responding to I just ignore. But we are on more harmonious ideals now I suppose.

More importantly van Dijk clearly thought he would be going 1 v 1 versus Messi hence why him mostly camping more than usual anticipating Messi's arrival in the box.

But you don't seem to see him coming and not due to his dwarfish stature but because he almost conceals himself behind an off-the-ball running flank and pops up when he wants to.

van Dijk was humbled tonight. Same versus Cristiano last year.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 May - 2:47:12

I was kidding Arq, i kind of hope for it tbh. Constant agreements would be boring.

Plus i have to be honest, i've said some real stupid shit over the years. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 2:50:31

Growing up beside you and others it has been a pleasure at that including seeing some posts back then from a lot of us that RG hopefully vaporises into the memory of cyberspace.

drinking

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 2:51:32

If any LFC has the smallest inkling we can make a comeback at Anfield.

Raise your hands.

I need moral support for such a (frivolous) crusade rather than defeatism.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu 2 May - 2:53:49

Great game of football. Not a visual treat but it an intense intense game from start to finish.
I dont get the criticism. This is not Pep's Barcelona but ironically we are better suited for CL knockout ties right now than at any time since Pep.
We set up like we did against Betis. 2 blocks of 4. Coutinho left and Vidal right and looked to play on the counter from the start. It is not my cup of tea but we are a much better conventional defending unit now than in the past. For all their possession, they didnt create a ton of clear cut chances.

Valverde is an underrated tactician and one of the top managers in the game, if not the outright best right now.
Barring the freak Roma result, he has not lost a single big game. I read a statistic that he hasnt lost against the top 6 in the league over the past 2 years. That is a stupendous record. Makes me rue the freak Roma match even more. We could have won last year too.

Only gripe was Roberto starting. Should have started Semedo and then brought on Roberto in the second half. Roberto is a great tactical substitution in the second half.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 2:57:49

alexjanosik wrote:Great game of football. Not a visual treat but it an intense intense game from start to finish.
I dont get the criticism. This is not Pep's Barcelona but ironically we are better suited for CL knockout ties right now than at any time since Pep.
We set up like we did against Betis. 2 blocks of 4. Coutinho left and Vidal right and looked to play on the counter from the start. It is not my cup of tea but we are a much better conventional defending unit now than in the past. For all their possession, they didnt create a ton of clear cut chances.

Valverde is an underrated tactician and one of the top managers in the game, if not the outright best right now.
Barring the freak Roma result, he has not lost a single big game. I read a statistic that he hasnt lost against the top 6 in the league over the past 2 years. That is a stupendous record. Makes me rue the freak Roma match even more. We could have won last year too.

Only gripe was Roberto starting. Should have started Semedo and then brought on Roberto in the second half. Roberto is a great tactical substitution in the second half.

Finally someone is on terms with how I rate Txingurri.

Valverde is coaching a team with fans and media who are used to the finest football seen this decade.

Therefore the decline of that aesthetic appeal post-Pep clearly has not been erased out of the heads of more experienced and newly recruited Cules alike, so his usual pragmatism clearly is not met well by the more emotional support who fail to see this is by far the best manager you guys have had since Pep himself.

And the best in La Liga.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 2:59:53

Absolutely not.

Fantastic post.

maybe you should get the liverpool job. you do seem to know more than any manager in the world.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 3:02:30

Unique wrote:

Absolutely not.

Fantastic post.

maybe you should get the liverpool job. you do seem to know more than any manager in the world.

An unfair critic of Klopp who would likely prefer Tony Mowbray over Klopp at the helm, telling this statement to a Klopp fanatic and one who still supports him for the long term of our club for years to come.

Fucking ironic.

Last edited by Arquitescu on Thu 2 May - 3:08:09; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 May - 3:05:51

Jesus Laughing i didn't once say i know more than any manager.

Besides there's way more to football than just evaluating matchups which i have no hope of ever truly achieving.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 3:07:48

Oh wait that was directed at Mole.

Indeed it is late here.

Either way the forum is literally built so fans can given their assessment of football, its matches and beyond just fanaticism.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 May - 3:09:22

Exactly i don't understand why people get defensive over such things.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 3:12:31

Arquitescu wrote:
Unique wrote:

Fantastic post.

An unfair critic of Klopp who would likely prefer Tony Mowbray over Klopp at the helm, telling this statement to a Klopp fanatic and one who still supports him for the long term of our club for years to come.

Fucking ironic.
what do you mean our club you twat. you are as much of a liverpool fan as frenzy ffs.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 3:18:46

Firenze wrote:Pool only lose if they bottle it. On their night, I hate to say it, I really do, they're the best team in the world by far.

Still think they're going to absolutely obliterate Barca. And yes, I'll be shamelessly living vicariously through them and talking hella shit to Myesats, Futbol etc

and talking hella shit to the Loserpool fans if Barca win :coffee:

Evidence enough Agent Firenze is a Red masquerading as a United fan. :coffee:

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 3:22:18

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Exactly i don't understand why people get defensive over such things.
because you talk shit mate. liverpool had more of the ball and had more chances at goal. us losing had nothing to do with your bullshit about english clubs dont know how to play barca. we lost the game because we shit the bed and bottled it. tactics will determine if you control play and make more chances and we did. the problem was we failed to make it count and thats why we are a bunch of bottle jobs. but dont talk shit like barca had tactics that we couldent cope with. we lost because our players bottled the chances they had not because our tactics were poor.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 2 May - 3:32:50

chill out souness

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu 2 May - 3:44:28

Considering his history as a manager it isn't surprising he feels that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 3:46:31

I think his comments let alone our adored Unique alongside him tells us how increasingly and insanely out of touch most Boomers are in general Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 3:59:52

Arquitescu wrote:I think his comments let alone our adored Unique alongside him tells us how increasingly and insanely out of touch most Boomers are in general Laughing
dude just pick a team and be done with it ffs. your acting like a teenage girl that sucks any dick thats put infront of her . please pick one. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 2 May - 4:00:53

Unique wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:I think his comments let alone our adored Unique alongside him tells us how increasingly and insanely out of touch most Boomers are in general Laughing
dude just pick a team and be done with it ffs. your acting like a teenage girl that sucks any dick thats put infront of her . please pick one. Laughing
pick a dick Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu 2 May - 4:07:31

Unique wrote:
Unique wrote:
pick a dick Laughing Laughing

Hint:

One cock is Red & White

The other is Red & Black
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next